Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2011
    Hi has anyone heard from on one yet about the QCing?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Yeah!

Brant call me...

mtbr member
    May 2011
    and what did he say?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Just ask hows weather in Rovaniemi...

mtbr member
    May 2011
    That's good then.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I have no idea where and how are they going to update on the issue...

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I see some small frames are now available, anyone know if these have passed the new QC process?

mtbr member
    All frames released for sale are to spec as advertised.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Thanks, I'll get my order in as soon as you have some mediums

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    All frames released for sale are to spec as advertised.

breezy shade

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Just to clarify before i make a purchase for the version 3 EG. Are those being sold in on-one uk store 'DONT' have the same low bottom bracket issue? Any on-one rep confirm before i make my purchase...

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by magixuser View Post
    Just to clarify before i make a purchase for the version 3 EG. Are those being sold in on-one uk store 'DONT' have the same low bottom bracket issue? Any on-one rep confirm before i make my purchase...
    Best to check with the sales team.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by magixuser View Post
    That's correct.

We're QCing and releasing them for sale on a pass.

Dont Rep me
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    That's correct.

We're QCing and releasing them for sale on a pass.
    When do you expect to get correct spec medium frames?

mtbr member

Re: Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?

After riding the V3 that I just built, I can attest that the BBH is lower than what I've been used to on previous bikes (Chumba EVO @ 14.8" and Chumba XCL @ 13.5"). But that's not a bad thing. I'm running a RS Lyrik Solo Air RC2DH at 170mm up front, and it's a sweet corner railing monster that just requires a little more attention when climbing in technical terrain. That BBH was measured with a Maxxis High Roller 2.35" out back and an Ardent 2.4" up front. I'm going to swap out the rear for a Trail King 2.4" to provide a slight lift to the BBH, which will help in Gooseberry.

Brant was really helpful in finding me one that was going to work with my build spec. I love this bike, and can't wait to enjoy many years on The Handsome One.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?-uploadfromtaptalk1364952643521.jpg  

Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?-uploadfromtaptalk1364952657771.jpg  

Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?-uploadfromtaptalk1364952702963.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Offcourse they will help. Anything better than returning a frame.
    Did not buy a EG frame and went with something better in the end.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottandhisdog View Post
    After riding the V3 that I just built, I can attest that the BBH is lower than what I've been used to on previous bikes (Chumba EVO @ 14.8" and Chumba XCL @ 13.5"). But that's not a bad thing. I'm running a RS Lyrik Solo Air RC2DH at 170mm up front, and it's a sweet corner railing monster that just requires a little more attention when climbing in technical terrain. That BBH was measured with a Maxxis High Roller 2.35" out back and an Ardent 2.4" up front. I'm going to swap out the rear for a Trail King 2.4" to provide a slight lift to the BBH, which will help in Gooseberry.
    ************************************************** *******************************
    ***Brant was really helpful in finding me one that was going to work*** with my build spec. I love this bike, and can't wait to enjoy many years on The Handsome One.
    so does that mean that they're still putting out frames w/ varying BB's?!?!?
    breezy shade

mtbr member

Re: Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?

I don't think so. I simply sent him my build spec, because I was concerned that it might have been too low even with my build. Everyone is now talking about BB drop, and that doesn't translate into what's needed on the trail well. I know any lower than 13.25" and I'd be stepping all over myself in the techy chunder.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    so does that mean that they're still putting out frames w/ varying BB's?!?!?
    no.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Just measured mine after finally receiving my forks. Using an x fusion slant 545mm a-c and lower external headset cup 15mm gives me a bb drop of about 12-13 mm from centre line using string method. I checked the lengths of fork and lower cup and there accurate, also using the correct size shock (216x63), both shock and fork fully extended. Using nobby nic 2.25 rear and 2.4 front gives me a bb height of around 12.8-9", so half an inch lower than the 13.4 advertised which corresponds to my 12-13mm bb drop.

Sent an email to on-one customer services today, I would want an exchange as i'm not happy having an out of spec frame. I kind of expected it tho as i bought it in august last year (first batch?). I'm worried that i won't be able to get an exchange as they have been out of stock for ages so presumably still having manufacturing issues, could do with some info on expected date for next batch. Hope they don't scrap the el guapo as i got loads of parts for the frame, wheels without changeable axles, headset, fork seatpost etc.

will wait and see what on one say..

Outcast
    Brant, do you have some help for your unhappy customer above?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    see page 22, post 22
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Should he?
    Isn't there a customer service department?
    Those where the guys that help me short out my problem...
    I don't think this leads anywhere...
    Anyway.
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtbr member
    Renegade loves to get a stab in whenever he can....So sad.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan.greening87 View Post
    Just measured mine after finally receiving my forks. Using an x fusion slant 545mm a-c and lower external headset cup 15mm gives me a bb drop of about 12-13 mm from centre line using string method. I checked the lengths of fork and lower cup and there accurate, also using the correct size shock (216x63), both shock and fork fully extended. Using nobby nic 2.25 rear and 2.4 front gives me a bb height of around 12.8-9", so half an inch lower than the 13.4 advertised which corresponds to my 12-13mm bb drop.

Sent an email to on-one customer services today, I would want an exchange as i'm not happy having an out of spec frame. I kind of expected it tho as i bought it in august last year (first batch?). I'm worried that i won't be able to get an exchange as they have been out of stock for ages so presumably still having manufacturing issues, could do with some info on expected date for next batch. Hope they don't scrap the el guapo as i got loads of parts for the frame, wheels without changeable axles, headset, fork seatpost etc.

will wait and see what on one say..
    Hi Dan. Hopefully customer service are treating you well. I was in the factory last week going over issues with them. We have stock in the UK that's not shown on the site to support customers with issues, and I am sure we can resolve something to get you back and rolling with your BB a bit higher.

Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast