Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny78 View Post
    just to be clear, i'm no titus defender. i'm happy to wait for them to clear the BB issue and if i'm not misled, it's due to QC issue.

for now, i'll wait (not too long i hope).

i was all about to pack up the frame and wait for a pick up till i was informed that the QC issue is still not resolved and i'm glad i was given that info.

however, a heads up on this issue will be nice, to wait for something without a timeline is pretty worrying, and no doubt annoying.
    I am in de same position here. I definately would hear some updates about the issue from Titus / On one.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    by the way at planet x bikes uk the EG are in stock. That is weird.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by jappo View Post
    by the way at planet x bikes uk the EG are in stock. That is weird.
    Sure they are. Please ask them to measure the BB height/drop before you buy one, or you may end up like many of the poor souls who have posted in this thread.
    Shame on you Titus. All talk, little real change.
    Fail.

Let the good times roll.
    Lee and Renegade, are you dealing with the US or UK warranty people? Or are all warranties handled by the same people? Sorry if you've already mentioned that somewhere and I missed it.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by miniwisejosh View Post
    Lee and Renegade, are you dealing with the US or UK warranty people? Or are all warranties handled by the same people? Sorry if you've already mentioned that somewhere and I missed it.
    My issue was the shallow counterbore depth for the headset, NOT the low BB issue. I dealt with the USA group. I started my correspondence with Shiggy, who is no longer with Titus, and ended it with Brant. It is no exagerration that neither of these guys were very "customer oriented" regarding my issue, but in their defence, I had to badger them so much to take care of such a simple issue that they lost all of their bearings, and they had lost all patience with me.Iin my opinion, they still earned a grade of FAIL for their performance. Perhaps they skipped the "customer service" classes they should have attended before becoming the main cogs of a bike bussiness.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I've got v3 Medium El Guapo with Lyrik forks 160, slackset 1 degree. And i have 2mm bb rise. Perfect geometry for me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mishgun1 View Post
    I've got v3 Medium El Guapo with Lyrik forks 160, slackset 1 degree. And i have 2mm bb rise. Perfect geometry for me.
    Yes it is!
    I wish I had the same.
    Mine is 170 Marz, slackset 1 degree (now smoothie) and I had 7mm bb drop (now 5mm drop)....
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Idea!

Oh god, thats BS.

Btw. I just got an email...

" I can confirm every thing is ready we are just checking over all of our frames to ensure there is no problems with them."

And they are sending my frame end off this week!?!?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hösö View Post
    Oh god, thats BS.

" I can confirm every thing is ready we are just checking over all of our frames to ensure there is no problems with them."

I wish you luck!
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hösö View Post
    Oh god, thats BS.

From what i've heard they will send by the end of the week. Hope they will say somewhere that everery thing is OK. If not i'll still be a bit of a risk to order one. I'm still in doubt if i'll place an order for a Medium one.
    Would be nice to have some reassuring of some kind..

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    OH_MY_****ING_GOD!!!

I just check on-one.co.uk site, frames last update was "available in 48hours". And that was from friday till today morning? Do I remember right?? And now, ALL colours and sizes are out of stock.

Well, what this means? All frames are still with some "little" issues? Minor problems?

This is just wrong, really!! WTF!

Axe
    Custom User Title
    I just hope this whole Taiwan QC problem does not sink the project. Not many cost effective alternatives to EG to recommend to people.

WTF has happened to Kenesis that they did such a fcked up job?

Off the back...
    Wow. I feel bad for everyone that has had to deal with this issue. Maybe time to find a new factory? Really unfortunate all the way 'round.

mtbr member

Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkrobe View Post
    Wow. I feel bad for everyone that has had to deal with this issue. Maybe time to find a new factory? Really unfortunate all the way 'round.
    It's not that easy... Really.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I feel sorry for everyone too. Especially as the anticipation of getting your new frame will have been on your minds for weeks.

The only way to sort this was as I said before, get a titus employee in the factory, just like banshee have had to do after their previous QC issues. This would undoubtably sort the issues....

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Hi all, first post here as I was just linked to this thread from another forum. I bought an El Guapo V3 frame from on one back in December. I finished my build at the weekend and took it for its first spin. First impressions were very good and I love how the bike feels. I did however have a couple of pedal strikes, and initially thought nothing of it as I knew the frame has a low BB. However since reading this thread I'm just wondering whether I have one of the defective frames or not?

I have a small frame mated to some Fox float RL 150mm forks (525mm a/c length), a smoothie mixer headset with external lower cup (15mm including crown race) and some continental baron 2.3 tyres. I measured the bb height and bb drop using the methods in this thread and these are the results I found. So do I have an out of spec frame?
    Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?-image.jpgWhy is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?-image.jpgWhy is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?-image.jpg

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    I'm just wondering whether I have one of the defective frames or not?
    Looks like it. You should have around 5mm drop or so with your fork..

mtbr member
    May 2008
    what axe said. a little hard to tell from photo but looks around 15mm drop? so about 10mm too low.. that's typical of the late 2012 batch apparently (not as bad as first batch mid-2012). i'd hold off asking for replacement until it's clear how latest ones have come out or what other problems they may have.. and that low isn't terrrible imho. i mean you will get some strikes, but it's also quite fun, up to you really, it's far enough out to be replaced if you want and if they have good stock!

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiff View Post
    what axe said. a little hard to tell from photo but looks around 15mm drop? so about 10mm too low.. that's typical of the late 2012 batch apparently. i'd hold off asking for replacement until it's clear how latest ones have come out.. and that low isn't terrrible imho. i mean you will get some strikes, but it's also quite fun, up to you really, it's far enough out to be replaced if you want and if they have good stock!
    He can test how it would be with a nominal length fork by taking measurement wit a ~15mm 1.5" headset spacer (or just a piece of plastic pipe) placed on top of the crown race before tightening the fork down..

mtbr member
    May 2008
    yeah or what i did, a ruler strapped parallel to fork leg. he needs to add 20mm to fork a2c right? (545-525mm)

Axe
    Custom User Title
    yeah or what i did, a ruler strapped parallel to fork leg. he needs to add 20mm to fork a2c right? (545-525mm)
    Or just place a thick book book under the front tire and subtract the resulting increase in the BB height from the measured drop..

mtbr member
    May 2008
    thick book book works too but fewer measurements is better for less error.
    honestly for anyone with this much drop (i have same) and shorter than spec fork, i'd just set your suspension up properly (firm), run big tyres, thin pedals - all of which are good anyway imho - and enjoy the stability. probably... this doesn't make it ok titus!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Cheers for the quick reply lads. Sorry the photos aren't that clear, somehow they ended up on their side. Yeah the drop is bang on 15mm, so if the frame is only out by 10mm I reckon I can live with that, as I can't see 10mm making that much difference in the real world. I love the bike and the way it rides and if I hadn't of seen this thread then I would have been none the wiser. Still need to fettle the shock a bit more as I'm probably running a little too much sag so that's not going to help the situation. Hmmmm, I think I still might send an email to On One to see what they have to say

mtbr member
    May 2008
    your photos are good. I think the EG v3 s really 160-170mm fork bike now (20-30mm longer than your fork) whereas, with old geometry, it used to come with 150mm Revelations (only 4mm longer than your fox).
    this isn't really clear enough from the product pages either.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    your photos are good. I think the EG v3 s really 160-170mm fork bike now (20-30mm longer than your fork) whereas, with old geometry, it used to come with 150mm Revelations (only 4mm longer than your fox).
    this isn't really clear enough from the product pages either.

You're probably bang on the money there fella. I used the fork I did purely because I wanted to stick to a budget. I had considered upgrading the fork to some Fox 36 160mm or such like in the future, so if I persevere with the bike the way it is and I don't get on with it, then a fork upgrade may be on the cards sooner than I had planned

Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast