Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast
    Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    I would have replaced it. No idea how folks ride with BB that low.
    I agree, the string shows it to be way to low. Sorry for what you have to go through to get it taken care of. You'd think that Titus would have rounded up all the bad frames by now, BEFORE they were passed on to unwary consumers.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    i just did the string test and this is what i got. now i'm really curious.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    those are some seriously thin pedals.
    but yeah, if fork is around 545mm a2c, that's low.
    try to take picture looking straight down crank axle, ideally with a tape measure between string and bike..

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiff View Post
    those are some seriously thin pedals.
    but yeah, if fork is around 545mm a2c, that's low.
    try to take picture looking straight down crank axle, ideally with a tape measure between string and bike..
    Ah... ok. According to this, my fox float 36 rc2 a2c length is 545.3 (mine is lowered to 160mm).

I took a measurement before about a month back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?-photo.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny78 View Post
    now i'm really curious.
    =================================

what exactly is it you're really curious about?

================
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    ================
    If it's actually a real problem. Anyway i have sort it out with the on-one guys, seems like
    it is up for a replacement. Very prompt response from them about this issue.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I agree, the string shows it to be way to low. Sorry for what you have to go through to get it taken care of. You'd think that Titus would have rounded up all the bad frames by now, BEFORE they were passed on to unwary consumers.
    I am definitely wondering if this came after the new QC... had one of the best 20 mile rides ever yesterday, EG completely dialed.. hope this gets back on track

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Titus El Guapo Frame with Rockshox Monarch RT3 Shock

afaik no one has a new QC frame yet, since they aren't out the container yet?
    so anyone with a correct geo v3 is
    1) lucky or 2) had one hand picked or something or 3) hasn't used a measure
    Last edited by Smiff; 02-25-2013 at 10:52 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Thanks I have already sent these pictures to on one a week ago but they have not got back to me.
    Bit annoyed that they have not even acknowledged my email I will have to call them tomorrow.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    I would have replaced it. No idea how folks ride with BB that low.
    I cant ride with bb this low unless its down hill with no pedaling.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    my size large delivered just before xmas comes in on axle centre (+/- 1-2mm). Using the good ole tape measure i get 335mm (13.2") running fox 36 float with smoothie headset and maxxis minion 2.35s. So i guess they are not all bad (or i was just lucky). I think Brant said anything over 1/4 inch out of spec (6mm or so) would be deemed questionable and as such out of tolerance.

mtbr member
    I need to check mine...i've ruined the clips on my Time pedals from running them into the ground/obstacles (something I never had a problem with on my old Banshee Spitfire). Time to bust out the measuring tape and string.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BillT View Post
    I need to check mine...i've ruined the clips on my Time pedals from running them into the ground/obstacles (something I never had a problem with on my old Banshee Spitfire). Time to bust out the measuring tape and string.
    why bother w/ the string?? just measure the BB height. that string business is just a ruse from Brant.
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    that's weird, it's not like the spitfire doesn't have a low bb. must ride firmer pedalling than the el guapo which makes sense as it is a mini link with some pedal feedback

Axe
    Custom User Title
    why bother w/ the string?? just measure the BB height. that string business is just a ruse from Brant.
    WTF are you talking about? BB drop is what you measure, it is the property of the frame. And string method is the way you do it. BB height is affected by tires.

mtbr member
    Here's my EG:

Vitals: medium EG, ZS cane creek headset, 160mm marzocchi 55, and 2.1 Schwalbe Racing Ralphs.

I love the bike and it rails on the smooth singletrack but both my Time pedals now only offer 1 sided entry because the clips on the other side have been smashed. These pedals came off my previous bike, a Banshee Spitfire (also setup with the same tires, fork, and headset) were pedal strikes were a non-issue. Both bikes ridden the same way, on the same trail. I think I need to look into getting this frame sorted out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    when did you buy it?
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    I bought in late July of last year. I believe it was one of the initial batches of frames with the revised geometry/longer toptube.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I bought in late July of last year. I believe it was one of the initial batches of frames with the revised geometry/longer toptube.
    I got it in september and it's the same issue as yours. =\

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Oh god damn!

Is it just waste of money to buy Titus?,

I'm now waiting since 14 December my frame to arrive...

Who wants to quess my EG bb height? I'm afraid that it's too low. My setup is going to be 150mm revelation, headset with 15mm bottom stack height, 175mm cranks, 2,4/2,25" Ardent tires...

I REALLY hope that new frames are in spec...

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Dhx

Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    Not sure how that would work?
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    If the shock mount was pushed forward as suspected, a possible fix would be a longer shock. But it'd be fractions of an inch longer. Not sure if anything other than a custom cut/drilled/ano shaft would be possible.
    Forgot to post this.. more travel works. Recently was tuning and noticed my shock had 6mm of unused shaft hiding behind the seal/bush. Added 4mm ss spacer to extend the shaft, also rebound adjuster, and have enough threads for tightening the bolt. Still have clearance in the shock and the ST : )

mtbr member
    Hi again.
    Earlier this year I got my exchange back from On One.
    I was running with a slackset and with the new frame I still had 6-7mm BB drop as oppose to the 12mm I had with the old frame.
    My a2c is 556mm (Marz 170mm) but the slackset hasn't got the 15mm external cap so I guess the BB drop was pretty much expected.
    I was curious to see how the bicycle will be and behave with a smoothie headset so -1 degree HA and 15mm more rise. So I ordered it and installed it yesterday...
    Bummer...
    I still have about 5mm drop! I am 11mm higher that the "model" used for measurements and I am still with a BB drop. Not even on center...
    Any ideas...?
    More money spend (aka smoothie) same result....
    I am starting to feel a bit disappointed...
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    you certainly put in the time to see if it was gonna work for ya. would you expect to be satisfied w/ 13.4 BB as listed nowadays? when you bought it , were you expecting 13.8?
    good luck w/ the tradein or refund.
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    you certainly put in the time to see if it was gonna work for ya. would you expect to be satisfied w/ 13.4 BB as listed nowadays? when you bought it , were you expecting 13.8?
    good luck w/ the tradein or refund.
    I sent on-one an email and I'll see what they have to say. Initially, I really liked the bike but then started noticing pedal strikes on trails that I've ridden forever (on a banshee spitfire and prior to that a first gen blur) where pedal strikes were never an issue and I guess the final straw was when the pedal strikes mangled the clips on my pedals so bad to turn that each one is only clippable on one side. I would think anything in the low 13" range of bb height would be much, much better.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    sounds like my story exactly Bill.. they should do you another.

Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast