Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I was hoping you would lead some more cheers, since you are the self proclaimed Titus cheerleader. You know; ra-ra for your brand. I guess you only represent when things are going good, despite your lack of influence as to what really happens with the bussiness. It must suck to be so totally wrapped up in your brand, that it runs you emotional well being.
    Good thing you still have the stability of Knolly to hold you together.
    You must go home and kick your dog every night with all your built up anger and aggression.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    You must go home and kick your dog every night with all your built up anger and aggression.
    i don't think so. he's 100% right. you are the type of guy that wishes he was in the industry and you're holding on to your brand ambassador tag by your fingernails and cheerleading no matter what the problems are. titus has an issue with the el guapo and has for a bit. you shouted down renegade when he originally brought up the headset reaming issue and tried then to paint him as angry and disgruntled and he was, but with a completely valid reason.

now his complaints about the qc at titus have been proven true. in their defence, titus has put into place better tests and standards. hopefully it all works out, but real customers have been out ride time and had to deal with a hassle.

this is a consumer site to hear the good and bad. and people need to realize that what they hear from you is mostly vanilla crap. you are hardly impartial and havent been ever since you grabbed your brand ambassador tag. it's good that people can see that now. they can hopefully take what you say with a grain of salt.

i hope this all works out for titus and their customers. we need small brands that offer a good value. we also need brands to stand behind their products and keep their consumers happy. hopefully titus ends up being one of those brands

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiff View Post
    i must be missing something, not sure what that achieves over using a normal outer end cap?

for anyone following this thread and wondering in simple terms what this means for your bb height.

spec bb height (Lyric or 545mm a2c fork, typical 26" trail tyres like nevegal 2.1, lower headset cup around 10mm height): 13.3"

if you get a frame like my first one (-17mm): 12.6"
    .... and you use a Revelation 150mm (-22mm): 12.4"

if you get frame like my 2nd one (-8mm): 13"
    .... and you use a Revelation 150mm (-12mm): 12.8"

YMMV, some rounding errors, should be roughly right?
    I was rocking a 12.4" bb unloaded, no wonder i was getting the fears of strikes. actually i started with flush hope headset so that was more like 12.25".

If anyone wants an estimate of what your bb height will be post your fork and tyres here, i've got pretty used to doing the math now, but you must first measure your bb drop using string method a page or two back.
    Don't now either what you gain with this. But it's an extra if you don't have an outer cap. Nice addition was also the c-clips. I hope they hold in the trail. I will have some tire-ups with me to be safe!

Smiff, tell me what to expect with marz 170mm (556mm a2c) and -1 slackset? (I think Brant said that the a2c he used is 540mm with 15mm headset cap. Post #137).
    -1 will lower the bb about 1/2inch (12.7mm) I think. Or not?
    I will measure this afternoon but I want to be prepared! lol
    Last edited by George Gr; 01-30-2013 at 07:01 AM.
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    you are the type of guy that wishes he was in the industry and you're holding on to your brand ambassador tag by your fingernails and cheerleading no matter what the problems are. titus has an issue with the el guapo and has for a bit.

now his complaints about the qc at titus have been proven true. in their defence, titus has put into place better tests and standards. hopefully it all works out, but real customers have been out ride time and had to deal with a hassle.

this is a consumer site to hear the good and bad. and people need to realize that what they hear from you is mostly vanilla crap. you are hardly impartial and havent been ever since you grabbed your brand ambassador tag. it's good that people can see that now. they can hopefully take what you say with a grain of salt.
    Thanks for all the kind words Qbert, I was waiting for you to give your .02. It must feel good to talk down to other people and be able to hide behind your computer screen.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Sorry Smiff I should have been more specific, my
    Fork is the Marzocchi 55 RC3ti 170mm and is a 2012 model. I believe they used to be 160mm up until last year.
    To give you a visual reference Ed Oxley has the same fork as me in his videos if that's any help.

All the best,
    Lee.

mtbr member
    god you're pathetic craig. you run around the forums looking for a pat on the back. bag lick in the knolly forum while baglicking in the titus forum too. you're off knolly now but you still like to keep a safe haven there.

you shoot down anyone complaining about titus. you're not impartial, we get that, you don't seem to though. renegade was right all alomg with his complaints. anyone can see that now despite your best attempts to paint him as a just a jaded bitter poster. you're the ultimate fanboi, congratulations.

lol, i love how people like you who post their life stories on the internet looking for validation and pats on the back, complain that the other 99% who are anonymous are somehow cowards. i'm not here with a sig that i'm a brand ambassador or a suspension test rider posting up my results like you craig. i don't need anonymous people to love me like you do. it's kind of sad that you do seem to need that.

here's hug bro Name:  big-hug-smiley-face.gif
Views: 384
Size:  32.6 KB you obviously need one

mtbr member
    You and Renegade have managed once again to take this thread off topic with unprovoked attacks on me. I have my two signatures with my affiliations as required by mtbr so people know I have ties to those companies. I love that I get under your skin so badly that you have to outlash at me like in your last post. If I irritate you so much, dont read my posts. Its obvious that you have problems Qbert.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    You and Renegade have managed once again to take this thread off topic with unprovoked attacks on me. I have my two signatures with my affiliations as required by mtbr so people know I have ties to those companies. I love that I get under your skin so badly that you have to outlash at me like in your last post. If I irritate you so much, dont read my posts. Its obvious that you have problems Qbert.
    Craigstr. Chill. It is da interwebz. You are not Chumba. Everything is fine.

mtbr member
    Hahahahahahahaha. Oh your fragile little ego craigstr. Lol. Only one person here has their Titus panties in on knot. Can you guess who that is???

mtbr member
    May 2008
    the forum just went blue. blue is a calming colour right guys.

SingleTrackHound seems to think -1 degree HA gives you about -1/4" at the bb.
    so i was hoping someone with maths (trig?) can do this, but 1/2" sounds too much.

i'm thinking about an angleset in reverse to raise mine, remember old EG was 1deg steeper. for now i'll use my old HS and see how it goes. at least it's close enough to be worth fiddling, old frame was a lost cause.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Hahahahahahahaha. Oh your fragile little ego craigstr. Lol. Only one person here has their Titus panties in on knot. Can you guess who that is???
    Dude. Seriously? Nothing better to do?

mtbr member

so i was hoping someone with maths (trig?) can do this, but 1/2" sounds too much.

i'm thinking about an angleset in reverse to raise mine, remember old EG was 1deg steeper. for now i'll use my old HS and see how it goes. at least it's close enough to be worth fiddling, old frame was a lost cause.

what about some offset shock hardware to raise the bb. burgtec makes some.

Burgtec Titanium Offset Shock Hardware | Burgtec

Titus, El Guapo, 2007-2011, kit 7002

mtbr member

Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?

I measured it this evening. I got about 6-7mm drop. 5-6mm less than with the old frame...
    Was it worth it? Is it ok?
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by George Gr View Post
    I measured it this evening. I got about 6-7mm drop. 5-6mm less than with the old frame...
    Was it worth it? Is it ok?
    only you can answer that. it's still not in spec. the question is, what can you live with?

mtbr member

only you can answer that. it's still not in spec. the question is, what can you live with?
    Is it? I have a -1 degree slackset. I don't know how much it lowers the bb. Anyone?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by George Gr View Post
    Is it? I have a -1 degree slackset. I don't know how much it lowers the bb. Anyone?
    sorry, wasn't thinking about that slackset.

maybe this calc would tell you

geometryCalc

mtbr member

Thanks man. I'll try that. I'll have to collect all the data first. LOL

mtbr member
    May 2008
    what about some offset shock hardware to raise the bb. burgtec makes some.

Burgtec Titanium Offset Shock Hardware | Burgtec

Titus, El Guapo, 2007-2011, kit 7002
    Funnily enough i have one left over from the last bike. it would be a good fix, IF those offset bushes don't rotate when used in reverse like that. Has anyone tried? you're relying on the clamp pressure to go against the action of the shock.. sounds likely to swivel round and leave you with the opposite effect to what you want!

mtbr member
    Funnily enough i have one left over from the last bike. it would be a good fix, IF those offset bushes don't rotate when used in reverse like that. Has anyone tried? you're relying on the clamp pressure to go against the action of the shock.. sounds likely to swivel round and leave you with the opposite effect to what you want!
    only one way to find out

mtbr member
    May 2008
    thought of that while typing, it's not a high priority.. if it fits might try later!

so far we've got 3 people with recent replacements or new frames then?

Lee: about -3mm low
    george: about -6mm low
    me: about -8mm low

all give or take a couple of mills.

not sure what to make of this, maybe a normal amount of variation. better than before.

Brant - we should accept this? Do you think next batch will be more consistent? should we be checking if frames are bent any other way?
    Last edited by Smiff; 01-30-2013 at 08:14 PM.

on my 3rd wind...

Smiff, not -1.0; -1.5 deg. It lowered bbh ~0.25"
    sth

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I think I've followed this thread correctly but there are some low BB frames that are incorrect?

I've just had first ride on Small EG...and it wasn't great. "just" pedaling along flat slightly rocky hitting pedals all the time. I have 2.5" RQ tyres and a Marzocchi 44. the shock mount is in the upper hole.

Is this a bad frame ? looks like 20mm ish below the string....

Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?-bbheight-medium-.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2008
    probably, but we need to know a2c (length axle to crown) of your fork. website says anything from 490 to 550 mm ish.

mtbr member

I've recalculated mine and I think it's on the spot...
    I wasn't counting that the slackset has 2mm offset rather than 15mm that the external cup has. So I am about 2mm shorter than the lyric minus the slackset.
    So 6-7mm drop I guess it's fine.
    I might change the slackset and replace it with a smoothie with external cup if I still have problems with pedal strikes.
    So I'm good!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    probably, but we need to know a2c (length axle to crown) of your fork. website says anything from 490 to 550 mm ish.
    521.5mm
    Tenneco Marzocchi Suspension - 2012 All Mountain forks - 44 RC3 TITANIUM

Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast