Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    my Lyrik black got shipped out on Tuesday.
    Hope it gets to me soon.
    I wonder which Lyrik are they shipping to me? Lyrik Solo Air R or Lyrick RC2DH? haha

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny78 View Post
    My corrected frame is sent out today, waiting for tracking number.
    Did you send them your old frame ?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydesg View Post
    my Lyrik black got shipped out on Tuesday.
    Hope it gets to me soon.
    I wonder which Lyrik are they shipping to me? Lyrik Solo Air R or Lyrick RC2DH? haha
    Hydesg,

I believe I was told that it's the solo air version of the RC: Lyrik RC | SRAM

but if you want to upgrade to the mission control RC2DH damper, they're (at least in my eyes) pretty cheap to upgrade: Universal Cycles -- Rock Shox Lyrik Internal Fork Parts

Personally, I've grown attached to having a lockout with blowoff, so i'll probably be looking at the RC2L MoCo damper: Universal Cycles -- Rock Shox Motion Control Dampers (note: not 100% sure that's the right damper, will do more research before I buy)

even then, I've not heard anything bad about the RC damper. I just want my lockout.
    Disclosure: I am a Titus Brand Ambassador.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Groghunter View Post
    Hydesg,

but if you want to upgrade to the mission control RC2DH damper, they're (at least in my eyes) pretty cheap to upgrade: Universal Cycles -- Rock Shox Lyrik Internal Fork Parts

Personally, I've grown attached to having a lockout with blowoff, so i'll probably be looking at the RC2L MoCo damper: Universal Cycles -- Rock Shox Motion Control Dampers (note: not 100% sure that's the right damper, will do more research before I buy)

even then, I've not heard anything bad about the RC damper. I just want my lockout.
    yeah, its the RC version. you getting a straight or tapered version?

anyway for RC2L... its mission control with floodgate. moco damper is only in R and RC version.

i wonder if we need the new dual flow rebound damper upgrade too?
    reading only suggest moco damper came with old rebound damper. anyone have any info if the RC came with the new dual flow rebound?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Hydesg,

Did some more research, and what you acutally need is the non-DH MiCo damper for lockout/blowoff: RockShox 2012 Lyrik Mission Control Compression Damper w/ Floodgate - AEBike.com

better prices might be available with some searching.

edit: oh, and you can pull the damper out, remove the floodgate assembly, and get what's essentially the DH damper, so unless you're really sure you don't want the floodgate, I'd go with this option.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadica View Post
    yeah, its the RC version. you getting a straight or tapered version?

anyway for RC2L... its mission control with floodgate. moco damper is only in R and RC version.

i wonder if we need the new dual flow rebound damper upgrade too?
    reading only suggest moco damper came with old rebound damper. anyone have any info if the RC came with the new dual flow rebound?
    My research suggests that you do need the dual flow rebound, as there is a shaft size incompatibility otherwise. I'm not sure what comes in the RC.

I don't know what fork I'm getting yet, as last news I had for US customers, the forks haven't landed yet. I'm calling Michael tomorrow to get an update.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Did some more research, and what you acutally need is the non-DH MiCo damper for lockout/blowoff: RockShox 2012 Lyrik Mission Control Compression Damper w/ Floodgate - AEBike.com

better prices might be available with some searching.

edit: oh, and you can pull the damper out, remove the floodgate assembly, and get what's essentially the DH damper, so unless you're really sure you don't want the floodgate, I'd go with this option.

My research suggests that you do need the dual flow rebound, as there is a shaft size incompatibility otherwise. I'm not sure what comes in the RC.

I don't know what fork I'm getting yet, as last news I had for US customers, the forks haven't landed yet. I'm calling Michael tomorrow to get an update.
    yea, read about that too... i likely need the floodgate too for climbs... no shutter service of any kind ...all leg powered

well, the only way is to wait the arrival and see if they equipped with the new rebound damper.. if yes.. it gonna save alot of hassle from removing the lower.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadica View Post
    yea, read about that too... i likely need the floodgate too for climbs... no shutter service of any kind ...all leg powered

well, the only way is to wait the arrival and see if they equipped with the new rebound damper.. if yes.. it gonna save alot of hassle from removing the lower.
    Just found this: BTI | Suspension Fork Service Parts from Rock Shox (page 1) BTI only lists one rebound damper, that's probably as good a sign as any that it's the upgraded damper.

mtbr member
    Hit up the guys on the Knolly forum. They have all been getting Avalanche Racing cartridges for their Lyrics with the RC2DH cartridges. The Avy cartridge replaces the stock RS cartridge so a lot of these guys have the damper and rebound assembly sitting in their parts bin. I picked one up for $80 and popped it in an a OEM Lyric R I picked up on ebay new for $400.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    either that or go avalanche!

Axe
    Custom User Title
    That would be more than $100.

DH damper is quite nice.

mtbr member
    i still have a hard time believing i need a $427 avalanche upgrade on a decent fork like the lyrik. it's not perfect, but i can't see it being $400 better after the avy upgrade. check pinkbike, i've seen dh dampers there for $100.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?

Lyrik fitted this morning, BB drop now looks to be spot on. Just need to get out there and see how it behaves

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    man, what a nice bike!
    Fork looks long though.

Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Lyrik fitted this morning, BB drop now looks to be spot on. Just need to get out there and see how it behaves

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

man, what a nice bike!
    Fork looks long though.
    Thanks fella, they do look long compared to the 150mm Fox I had on there. It doesn't feel much different to sit on to be honest, should hopefully get out on Sunday to see how it rides

mtbr member
    i wish that they worked well with the 150mm fork and i would have bought one for my wife. just dont want to spring for a new 170mm fork to match up to it. maybe next year

that orange and black combo looks good

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Lyrik fitted this morning, ***BB drop now looks to be spot on.*** Just need to get out there and see how it behaves

so what's your BB height? 13.25"? please measure it.
    w/ the Flows & tires you've got, i'm guessing pretty close to that, + or -
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Looks very nice! I haven't got mine built up yet, taking my time about it as I'm waiting for my wheels.

Did you fit your shock or did it come like that as it is the same way mine was fitted but I found you cannot turn the compression leaver to lockout as hits the pivot mount? If you look at the photo from On-One below the way that is mounted you can still turn to lock out.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/imgs/product...ELGUV3_P10.jpg

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    i wish that they worked well with the 150mm fork and i would have bought one for my wife. just dont want to spring for a new 170mm fork to match up to it. maybe next year

that orange and black combo looks good
    FTM Carbon? with Orbit E zero stack lower (if it is a tapered fork).

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    so what's your BB height? 13.25"? please measure it.
    w/ the Flows & tires you've got, i'm guessing pretty close to that, + or -
    Just measured it and it's exactly 13inches so not far off.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by fr0sty125 View Post
    Looks very nice! I haven't got mine built up yet, taking my time about it as I'm waiting for my wheels.

Did you fit your shock or did it come like that as it is the same way mine was fitted but I found you cannot turn the compression leaver to lockout as hits the pivot mount? If you look at the photo from On-One below the way that is mounted you can still turn to lock out.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/imgs/product...ELGUV3_P10.jpg
    It came with the shock fitted that way. That's weird as I can move the lever into every position?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    How odd this is the shock on my large frame as you can see the pivot mount blocks the blue lever going in the lockout out position apologies for the crappy cameraphone shot.
    Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?-woinutr.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

How odd this is the shock on my large frame as you can see the pivot mount blocks the blue lever going in the lockout out position apologies for the crappy cameraphone shot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WoiNutr.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	808178
    Very strange, the lever on mine stops about 1cm before the shock mount!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Just measured it and it's exactly 13inches so not far off.

so w/ a 170mm Lyrik, the BB is still just 13" even. what has changed w/ the manufacturing of these frames? it looks to me like absolutely nothing. still just putting out the same thing while they're listing the geometry as having a 13.4" BB w/ a 160 fork. hard to comprehend this is still happening after all this time & what they've been saying. this El Guapo fiasco has got to be one of the alltime screwups in the history of mtn. bike manufacturing.

no wonder Brant refuses to stay involved here.
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    FTM Carbon? with Orbit E zero stack lower (if it is a tapered fork).
    that's not a bad idea, or the aluminum one. that would fit my wife's needs not too bad. thanks, didn't think about it

mtbr member
    so w/ a 170mm Lyrik, the BB is still just 13" even. what has changed w/ the manufacturing of these frames? it looks to me like absolutely nothing. still just putting out the same thing while they're listing the geometry as having a 13.4" BB w/ a 160 fork. hard to comprehend this is still happening after all this time & what they've been saying. this El Guapo fiasco has got to be one of the alltime screwups in the history of mtn. bike manufacturing.

i don't think anything has changed manufacturing wise. that's why it is now recommended to run the 170mm fork vs the original 150mm. for a $780 frame, i doubt it's worth titus having kinesis retool the jigs and still be able to keep the price where it is.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Guess it all depends on how out of spec your frame was in the first place. I was under the impression that the BB drop was inconsistent and varied from batch to batch, with some batches worse than others?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Guess it all depends on how out of spec your frame was in the first place. I was under the impression that the BB drop was inconsistent and varied from batch to batch, with some batches worse than others?
    This is my understanding as well, since the amount of drop was due to all the parts of suspension being all in spec, but all close to the limit in one direction (i.e. all the parts are within spec, but they're all close to being too long, instead of some being dead on, some being close to too short, etc) causing the linkage itself to be out of spec, without any individual part being wrong (this is what's know in manufacturing as "tolerance stack")

So unless every part was coming out to within very close tolerance of EACH OTHER, but all off the spec measurement (say, they're all 5mm too long, but the variance between parts is less than a 1mm change), you would expect some variance in the exact amount of BB drop.

mtbr member
    May 2006

Name:	WoiNutr.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	808178
    I can confirm that mine came with the shock mounted with the lever on the bottom.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Oh, BTW, forks may be coming for Americans very soon. A little birdy told me they're in Portland, but not ready to ship out just yet.

Huffy Rider
    I purchased a new EG frame (from Titus USA) size med and received it last week (AZ, USA). The shock was mounted with the lever facing the top tube, which meant it could not be turned to the lockout position. I took the shock off and installed a Monarch Plus, problem solved.

I installed a Lyrik 170 and the BB drop is with-in spec (about 1-2mm low), on the rear position, coming in at 13 in. In the forward position, the drop is slightly higher then center and the measurement is 13.2. This is on TK 2.2 @ 25 lbs. Sag is set up for a 180lb rider (my hubby). The most interesting thing is the HTA is 66* in the rear and very close to 67* in the forward, with an ext lower cup HS. I was hoping for 67* in the rear pos as this will be a pedal bike. He will ride it as is and assess the situation before considering using a slackest put in backwards.

mtbr member

I'm not sure anyone talked about height. I think Brant from the start kept talking about bb drop should be 0. So now with 170 forks it's zero. So it is on specs I think.
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

About bb height.

My large EG+150mm revelation+smoothie mixer+front 2.4" Ardent+rear 2.25" Ardent= 33,5cm bb height. Thats 13,1889"!!

I didn't check bb drop...

I write later more about my EG.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    The BB of my frame that I got last week is spot on.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by George Gr View Post
    I'm not sure anyone talked about height. I think Brant from the start kept talking about bb drop should be 0. So now with 170 forks it's zero. So it is on specs I think.
    Yeah I thought that too

I put the Guapo through it's paces yesterday and can report that it's awesome with the Lyrik fitted. I never really found pedal strikes an issue with the 150mm fork fitted. I did get the odd one or two but they have now been almost eliminated and that was riding on some fairly technical climbs and rocky/rooty descents. Overall I'm really happy with how this bike now rides

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    nice, just received the Lyrik Air Solo RC; though I am going to fit the Xfusion Vengeance soon. Anyone knows where can the RC2DH dual flow rebound assembly? It seems to be out of stock everywhere.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    nice, just received the Lyrik Air Solo RC; though I am going to fit the Xfusion Vengeance soon. Anyone knows where can the RC2DH dual flow rebound assembly? It seems to be out of stock everywhere.
    Based on the info from BTI, I wouldn't assume that it doesn't already have it: I'd pull the fork apart and check or at least call SRAM to confirm before I spent any money.

I haven't seen it in stock anywhere either, though, so used may be the way to go.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Okay - so I've given brant and on-one some stick and so have others on this thread but lets give credit where credit is due...
    I've just recieved an email saying my Lyrik has been sent, despite being a month later than they said originally, I can't fault either their response to this issue as a whole or their communication on the phone (CS email was, however another, more frustrating, darker story). I have now been given a frame, CCDB air shock and Lyrik fork for 800 quid - less than the price of most similar frames sans shock.
    Yes it's been a momumentual cock-up, and a costly one at that. But on-one have sorted it and made good on their promises, despite my own and others understandable scepticism.
    I hope that people are reassured by this and sales do not suffer as a result (although givent their prices I can't see demand falling for EGs nor for other, newer Titus frames in the future).
    Now to stop worrying about BB drop and BB height and to ride the sh1t out of it!!!..

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by topcatno1 View Post
    Okay - so I've given brant and on-one some stick and so have others on this thread but lets give credit where credit is due...
    I've just recieved an email saying my Lyrik has been sent, despite being a month later than they said originally, I can't fault either their response to this issue as a whole or their communication on the phone (CS email was, however another, more frustrating, darker story). I have now been given a frame, CCDB air shock and Lyrik fork for 800 quid - less than the price of most similar frames sans shock.
    Yes it's been a momumentual cock-up, and a costly one at that. But on-one have sorted it and made good on their promises, despite my own and others understandable scepticism.
    I hope that people are reassured by this and sales do not suffer as a result (although givent their prices I can't see demand falling for EGs nor for other, newer Titus frames in the future).
    Now to stop worrying about BB drop and BB height and to ride the sh1t out of it!!!..
    Here here

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by topcatno1 View Post
    Got to agree with the most part, been out "riding the sh1t out of it!!!.." for the last two weeks (after going to pick the frame up myself and hitting the credit card for a set of forks) I am finally happy! and here she is:

Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?-p4pb9723173.jpg

Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?-p4pb9723174.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Looks awesome fella

mtbr member
    cheers mate, eats up those descents and ain't a bad climber either! hitting the peaks again tomorrow! good times!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Arnold View Post
    cheers mate, eats up those descents and ain't a bad climber either! hitting the peaks again tomorrow! good times!
    They sure do don't they, I love mine!

Huffy Rider
    Here is a pic of my hubby's bike in the almost done stage. The wheels are borrowed, steerer needs cutting, etc. He got to ride it down one of the mellower DH trails and said it rocked! He also got to do a very short uphill/flat section of pedaling with some small tech in it and it was superb. He loves it so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?-cimg1163.jpg  

mtbr member
    Got to agree with the most part, been out "riding the sh1t out of it!!!.." for the last two weeks (after going to pick the frame up myself and hitting the credit card for a set of forks) I am finally happy! and here she is:

Name:	p4pb9723173.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	338.1 KB 
ID:	808857

Name:	p4pb9723174.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	365.2 KB 
ID:	808858
    Awesome! BOS fork rules!!!
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtbr member
    Indeed. Plush is an understatement!

mtbr member
    Indeed. Plush is an understatement!
    And I thought my Marz was plush! I would love to test a BOS though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

WTF!!

I DID GET MY LYRIK TODAY!!! \o/

I never thought that I would never see this day!

Appparently this time Brant kept his promise. Nice!

Now, I can start my short Finnish mid-summer festival!

Ps. 5 working days until my summer vacation begins! 4 and half weeks riding and dog shows! Awesome!

mtbr member
    Just curious, does anyone know what year the Lyrik RC's are that we've been given? thanks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Current year model I think