Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2008
    mine Brant? frame # starts KC7 ..
    no offence but "we have not found" can mean several things.

how's the arse?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiff View Post
    yeah, again? what should I do, wait 6 weeks for next batch? ask to return now? ffs.
    i specifically asked on-one (not Brant, because i was talking with cust service) if the ones they had in were correct, was told yes. a misunderstanding or did they think that i wouldn't check it?
    otoh, about 8-10mm higher might be alright..
    so.. 3rd time lucky?
    If you give me a sales order number, I can investigate where that frame came from.
    But I'm getting rather confused with everything.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    confused here also, think i'm keeping it thanks but if you want to know order ref SO0257690 10-Jan-2013. that's when Neil reserved it.

mtbr member
    confused here also, think i'm keeping it thanks but if you want to know order ref SO0257690 10-Jan-2013. that's when Neil reserved it.
    Whilst I'm all for discussing problems here, I think this would go better by email and via our warranty team. If you have an issue, please raise it with them.

I will do a bit of digging now, as I'm intrigued. But I'm also hungry and have not had enough lunch today so may forget. Hence the "proper channels" line...

mtbr member
    May 2008
    ok well you have my email and i'd appreciate your thoughts on the difference i found. also, you know first you offered to airfreight me a replacement and things didn't go too great when i used the proper channels.. everyone i've spoken to at on-one was helpful but it wasn't smooth (maybe due to courier) and there's still a problem. but thanks for coming back to us.

mtbr member
    ok well you have my email and i'd appreciate your thoughts on the difference i found. also, you know first you offered to airfreight me a replacement and things didn't go too great when i used the proper channels.. everyone i've spoken to at on-one was helpful but it wasn't smooth (maybe due to courier) and there's still a problem. but thanks for coming back to us.
    please discuss this directly with our warranty team. I have lots of emails for lots of people and it's really best to do this through the proper route.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    :/ please do talk to rest of team at on-one Brant. when i first spoke to Neil he didn't seem to be aware of the issue at all. struck me as odd. this was earlier this month.

i'm posting this publicly because it's relevant to other buyers. i don't like causing trouble for on-one, i really don't.

Dont Rep me
    I tried to go through the email route, but still getting reply that they are waiting on the American side.
    What's up with American support?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer.2 View Post
    I tried to go through the email route, but still getting reply that they are waiting on the American side.
    What's up with American support?
    Where did you buy your frame from?
    What is your sales order number?

Dont Rep me
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    Where did you buy your frame from?
    What is your sales order number?
    I ordered from on-one UK web site, My SO is SO0203195

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer.2 View Post
    I ordered from on-one UK web site, My SO is SO0203195
    Thanks for feedback. I will discuss in morning with staff who work normal hours and not in the bath.

mtbr member
    Sounds like I shouldn't "F" with it and dump what I've got on the 'bay? Seems like a bit of a run around to end up with the same frame again.

I was told to get ahold of team "A". Team "A" said I need to talk to team "B" first. Team "B" said team "A" would handle any returns and directed me to call team "A", Team "A" has no idea about any returns due to frames being out of spec. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

Fudge it, I'm out for a ride on the stumpy. Doubt I ever buy another Titus again and am sad my last experience with them has been so shitty. Thanks goodness the brown V1 lasted so long (two years)
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

Outcast
    Maybe the Craigstr can help out here, since I'm not the only disgruntled Titus owner in the Universe any more, huh?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    Thanks for feedback. I will discuss in morning with staff who work normal hours and not in the bath.
    Hey Brant. I want you to know that I appreciate the help you are giving the EG community on this issue.

mtbr member
    Just got the new frame. I'll try to measure the bb drop/rise this afternoon.
    I hope it will be OK. I don't want to go through all this again...
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtbr member
    there's something in that bag like a small tube i dunno what it is
    Smiff, this small tube is to route the front dirailleur cable on the seat tube. You put in place and then put the cable inside it.
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtbr member

Is that all you have to contribute?

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Maybe the Craigstr can help out here, since I'm not the only disgruntled Titus owner in the Universe any more, huh?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by George Gr View Post
    Smiff, this small tube is to route the front dirailleur cable on the seat tube. You put in place and then put the cable inside it.

i must be missing something, not sure what that achieves over using a normal outer end cap?

for anyone following this thread and wondering in simple terms what this means for your bb height.

spec bb height (Lyric or 545mm a2c fork, typical 26" trail tyres like nevegal 2.1, lower headset cup around 10mm height): 13.3"

if you get a frame like my first one (-17mm): 12.6"
    .... and you use a Revelation 150mm (-22mm): 12.4"

if you get frame like my 2nd one (-8mm): 13"
    .... and you use a Revelation 150mm (-12mm): 12.8"

YMMV, some rounding errors, should be roughly right?
    I was rocking a 12.4" bb unloaded, no wonder i was getting the fears of strikes. actually i started with flush hope headset so that was more like 12.25".

If anyone wants an estimate of what your bb height will be post your fork and tyres here, i've got pretty used to doing the math now, but you must first measure your bb drop using string method a page or two back.
    Last edited by Smiff; 01-29-2013 at 11:23 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Right,

Bit the bullet and bought a Hope headset with external cups lower and internal upper. My mate came round and helped me build it up and with a 170mm Marzocchi Rc3 ti my string test goes right through the middle of the bb, dead centre. That was done with a set of 2.2 rubber queen black chillis and I am going to say I am more than happy with that. I was expecting the bb to be a touch higher with the 170's but alas, for me, it's the end of the matter.

Sorry to anyone who doesn't have the same experience,

P.S, if anyone knows anyway of compressing pictures on an IPad then I will add some of the finished Trans Provence bike.......

All the best,

Lee.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    nice, btw do you know the a2c on your Marz rc3?

edit: is this your fork?
    Tenneco Marzocchi Suspension - 2010 Extreme Freeride/Downhill forks - 66 RC3 Titanium

568mm. that's huge, 23mm longer than a Lyric?

for reference:
    Rev 529mm
    Lyric 545mm
    Marz RC3 568mm

so your frame probably is low if that gives you 0 drop, but you don't care

edit 2:
    using simple 1/3 ratio of fork length to bb change 23/3 your frame is almost identical to my new one i think, around 8mm too low.

If anyone around here has better than high school maths they can tell us what angle headsets would do with +/- a degree or 2, someone would probably like to know.
    Last edited by Smiff; 01-29-2013 at 03:12 PM.

on my 3rd wind...
    nice, btw do you know the a2c on your Marz rc3?

If anyone around here has better than high school maths they can tell us what angle headsets would do with +/- a degree or 2, someone would probably like to know.
    I am guessing he is running Marz 55 RC3 170mm @ 555mm a2c.

I have another bike that has a FSA angleset. I have it set at -1.5 deg. It lowered bbh by about 0.25" to 0.33" when compared to 0 deg setting.
    sth

Axe
    Custom User Title
    edit: is this your fork?
    Tenneco Marzocchi Suspension - 2010 Extreme Freeride/Downhill forks - 66 RC3 Titanium

568mm. that's huge, 23mm longer than a Lyric?
    That one is 180mm, and with a tall crown. He has 170mm one.

I was looking at it - but 200g heavier than Lyrik Coil DH.. and air preload. Went for Lyrik...

mtbr member
    May 2008
    ah right 555mm, lyrik+10mm, his frame is only about 3mm low then. in margin of error. lucky Lee.

yeah i may have to get a bigger fork some day but don't do the riding to justify it. be good if someone made a really tall headset cup to get the feel, any that fit the Guapo?

be funny if it turned out after all this i had a dodgy bent fork or something.

anyways it's pissing with rain, i want to build my guapo and see how it goes, should i tell on-one i suspect it's wrong (in case it turns out worse than expected) or just get on with it. sitting on the table all shiny and naked is driving me nutz, as you can tell.
    Last edited by Smiff; 01-29-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    be good if someone made a really tall headset cup to get the feel, any that fit the Guapo?
    Chris King sells +5mm tall baseplates, if you have a 1-1/8 steerer with a Devolution headset. That would give you ~20mm lower stack. Not a solution, obviously.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    I was hoping you would lead some more cheers, since you are the self proclaimed Titus cheerleader. You know; ra-ra for your brand. I guess you only represent when things are going good, despite your lack of influence as to what really happens with the bussiness. It must suck to be so totally wrapped up in your brand, that it runs you emotional well being.
    Good thing you still have the stability of Knolly to hold you together.

Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast