Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hösö View Post
    Hmmm...

I got an email yesterday from on-one...

"Another problem we have is that the super raw frame is out of stock and we don’t currently have any on order."

How this can be possible? Where did my frame disappear? I've been told that my frame is waiting that fork and caboom! No frame and forks are coming till mid June?
    What size frame?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Large with ccdba

mtbr member
    Just got off the phone with CS, I asked if I could come by the shop today and pick my frame up so I can at least start my build while waiting for the forks. The guy told me the forks have again been pushed back to the 14th of June but this date is "not 100%" so I told him that brant said yesterday the forks were "mid-air" to which he said he knew nothing about and would have to check with brant.

When asked if I could collect my frame he said he wasn't sure because if I take the frame today then they (and I quote) "may never get the forks in"

Make of that what you will, he said he would get back to me about picking it up, so we shall see.....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Arnold View Post
    Just got off the phone with CS, I asked if I could come by the shop today and pick my frame up so I can at least start my build while waiting for the forks. The guy told me the forks have again been pushed back to the 14th of June but this date is "not 100%" so I told him that brant said yesterday the forks were "mid-air" to which he said he knew nothing about and would have to check with brant.

When asked if I could collect my frame he said he wasn't sure because if I take the frame today then they (and I quote) "may never get the forks in"

Make of that what you will, he said he would get back to me about picking it up, so we shall see.....
    Ben. I'd like to apologise to you and everyone else for my misinformation about the forks being "mid air". That was the situation as I understood it, as I know the forks have completed and were shipped to our agents. I will seek to find out accurate landing times and what the issues are.

As to our staff saying that we may 'never get the forks in', that's a message I'm concerned to hear that they are giving out - it's certainly not the case.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    And frames?

My frame? Do You have thous?

mtbr member
    And frames?

My frame? Do You have thous?
    I have someone finding a large super raw frame in spec specifically for you.

I do understand why CS might not see that on the system, as all frames were moved off stock for QC checking, and are being moved back in, in a staged manner.

I am confident we have a Large Raw in spec for you, and someone is finding me one today.

mtbr member
    So can I come pick my frame up today then?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    As to our staff saying that we may 'never get the forks in', that's a message I'm concerned to hear that they are giving out - it's certainly not the case.
    Brant, as soon as you get some firm info on the expected arrival of the forks could you please let us know?

Cheers

mtbr member
    So can I come pick my frame up today then?
    I'm afraid I'm not in the office today, due to personal reasons, and not best placed to arrange or confirm this for you Ben.

Sorry.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Brant, as soon as you get some firm info on the expected arrival of the forks could you please let us know?

Cheers
    Certainly.

And we're seeking to clarify the information that we're putting out.

mtbr member
    I'm afraid I'm not in the office today, due to personal reasons, and not best placed to arrange or confirm this for you Ben.

Sorry.
    Just phone them and tell them YES.....?

Also at this point could I just take a set of the 160mm Lyriks you have in stock and be done with it all?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?

Certainly.

Much appreciated

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I'd like to get that offer too!!

160mm lyrik would fit great for me!!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    This is the f@ck up that just keeps on giving...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by topcatno1 View Post
    This is the f@ck up that just keeps on giving...
    I am not sure I could have written something so dramatic, or even imagined anything of this scale.

It's quite a challenge.

mtbr member
    Could you respond to my question please brant?

mtbr member
    Could you respond to my question please brant?
    My answer remains the same as last time Ben.

Sorry.

mtbr member
    Okay thank you, sorry I wasted your time. I'm sure i'll hear nothing back from the shop, who have my frame which I have paid for, but won't let me have. cheers, great.

I can highly recommend on-one! they are so great, the customer service is top notch.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I am not sure I could have written something so dramatic, or even imagined anything of this scale.

It's quite a challenge.
    I bet. Not sure if you were being sarccy, but fair play to you for sticking your neck out on here though. The problem is that every time anyone mentions an El Guapo on t'internet these days they get refered back to this thread. Not great for Titus.
    You can see why people think the gift of a free fork is an empty promise, putting back the dates every few weeks just seems like fobbing us off. I will probably end up returning my frame and buying a Covert or a Mega like I should have done in the first place.

mtbr member
    Okay thank you, sorry I wasted your time. I'm sure i'll hear nothing back from the shop, who have my frame which I have paid for, but won't let me have. cheers, great.

I can highly recommend on-one! they are so great, the customer service is top notch.
    I see you're actually *in* Rotherham.

If you can email me your details to brant at on dash one dot co dot uk I'll see what I can do for you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by topcatno1 View Post
    I bet. Not sure if you were being sarccy, but fair play to you for sticking your neck out on here though. The problem is that every time anyone mentions an El Guapo on t'internet these days they get refered back to this thread. Not great for Titus.
    You can see why people think the gift of a free fork is an empty promise, putting back the dates every few weeks just seems like fobbing us off. I will probably end up returning my frame and buying a Covert or a Mega like I should have done in the first place.
    With the forks arriving, a chainstay section in testing, I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

We have clarity on specification, we have supply. We have have forks in the air for people we mis-sold a frame to.

I do hope the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train coming towards me.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Is it possible to have the frame that I paid? And forgot that "free" fork?? Or do I still need to wait that fork?

mtbr member
    Is it possible to have the frame that I paid? And forgot that "free" fork?? Or do I still need to wait that fork?
    Certainly, and we can offer you a credit on your account with us instead.

If you wish to proceed in this way, please do it through our customer service channel, not by talking with a designer on a forum.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Certainly.

which has been going on for what, 'bout 2 years?!?
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by anvil_den View Post
    I don't want to start another can of worms here. Yes I know of 2 who already got their Lyriks.

1 had his frame changed

Apparently it seems to be different options and answer depending at which point it was asked. Also depending on which side of the pond these refunds/replacement were directed and I would think nicely worded emails wouldn't hurt and probably gets a better/ faster response.
    so i guess these 2 guys you know that got their free Lyriks are local to your area, the Philippines? i also assume that neither of them ever were on here? can you give some detail as to just how they accomplished this? who they dealt w/, when they got theirs after they started the process, etc, etc? maybe they could join Mtbr. forums & fill us in themselves to give us real hope that it's worth hanging in there.
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Got the EG with that low BB...bought a few months ago, just have accidentally found this theme.
    Suspected that smth was wrong with it before but thought it was becouse of slackset installed (and short fork - sektor).
    Now it has ~ 0 BB drop with external headset and long 170 mm Marzochi fork.

Will the CS send me replacement chainstay ? I`m in Moskow, Russia.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    have any of you out there seen the latest MTBR writeup on the Pivot Firebird 27.5? the first page has a couple paragraphs that should be required reading for the powers that be at On One/Titus. not that i think it would do any good, but hey...if only...
    breezy shade

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    have any of you out there seen the latest MTBR writeup on the Pivot Firebird 27.5? the first page has a couple paragraphs that should be required reading for the powers that be at On One/Titus. not that i think it would do any good, but hey...if only...
    Brodiegirl is no "Wussie tag along the ride with the guys type of chick"; she learned to ride in the north shore. She would most likely shame most of us on a knarly ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Bomber 55 CR

Quote Originally Posted by maxus View Post
    Got the EG with that low BB...bought a few months ago, just have accidentally found this theme.
    Suspected that smth was wrong with it before but thought it was becouse of slackset installed (and short fork - sektor).
    Now it has ~ 0 BB drop with external headset and long 170 mm Marzochi fork.

Will the CS send me replacement chainstay ? I`m in Moskow, Russia.
    This is good news for me. I just got a Marzo 170mm too

Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?-p4pb9643364.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I see on the on one FB page that Titus is testing rockers on the tr26 with cddb... Since we're already waiting for our el guapo's why not use the opportunity to fix the fouling of the cddb air can in 'progressive mode' and ship them out with this mod at the same time... Just a thought... This suggestion is of course posted with the proviso that no further delay is caused by it...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlouis View Post
    I see on the on one FB page that Titus is testing rockers on the tr26 with cddb... Since we're already waiting for our el guapo's why not use the opportunity to fix the fouling of the cddb air can in 'progressive mode' and ship them out with this mod at the same time... Just a thought...
    Because the CCDB doesn't need running in progressive mode to be made more progressive. It's just mixing bolts around for no reason.

Need more progression, then shim the air can.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Because the CCDB doesn't need running in progressive mode to be made more progressive. It's just mixing bolts around for no reason.

Yes I'm aware of this but it would make it all idiot proof...and workable whichever way 'out the box' DIY shimming of rear shocks is not for everyone and the guys at the LBS can be 'bush mechanics' and I'm not about to trust them with a pricey cddb.

Anyway like I said... Just a thought.

mtbr member
    May 2006

In fact, at least one person on the Cane Creek lounge has had success running the XV air can, which would in fact make it LESS progressive. I'm just a bit worried that the bigger air can would make it rub in even the linear setting, can you comment Brant?
    Disclosure: I am a Titus Brand Ambassador.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Groghunter View Post
    In fact, at least one person on the Cane Creek lounge has had success running the XV air can, which would in fact make it LESS progressive. I'm just a bit worried that the bigger air can would make it rub in even the linear setting, can you comment Brant?
    The bigger can isn't bigger in diameter as far as I know, but it's got a "hump" in it which adds more volume. I think. Josh showed me it at Taipei, but said "your bikes don't need this".

mtbr member
    BTW - I'm bailing when this thread gets to 800 posts. OK ;-)

mtbr member
    May 2006
    The bigger can isn't bigger in diameter as far as I know, but it's got a "hump" in it which adds more volume. I think. Josh showed me it at Taipei, but said "your bikes don't need this".

For reference here's the user in question, and there's posts from Cane Creek telling him to try the XV can: The Lounge | Feed

I wouldn't know, as I'm still stuck with the Monarch (kinda, I sent it back to Michael to see if RS can fix the rebound knob being useless.)
    Disclosure: I am a Titus Brand Ambassador.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Brant, have the Lyriks landed yet?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Thread has gone quiet.... anyone heard anything from On-One?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I have been told by customer services that forks are due in mid June and frames mid July... At least now the compensatory fork has been added to my order and I could at least choose the colour...

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I have been told by customer services that forks are due in mid June and frames mid July... At least now the compensatory fork has been added to my order and I could at least choose the colour...
    I guess mid June is only a couple of weeks away. I've sent them an email this morning, so I'll see what response I get.

mtbr member
    Went to the shop the other week, was told they had 2 shipments of the forks. one batch has been delivered and the other is on its way.

the guy asked for my phone number, said he'd chase it up and phone me back that same day, that was 10 days ago now and heard nothing back yet?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Ed Oxley it seems, is one if the few who can get an el guapo on demand at this moment in time. Interesting how in his latest post on 'great rock' with a video of him riding his, he mentions not experiencing the same pedal strike phenomenon on a 160mm fork. I guess he is lucky enough to have an 'in spec' frame...

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    anybody really believe one On One word?
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I was told that my fork will be shipping today a week ago.
    So I hope they do ship it out today.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydesg View Post
    I was told that my fork will be shipping today a week ago.
    So I hope they do ship it out today.
    no fork yet? did you get a shipping # so you can track the in route progress?
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    My corrected frame is sent out today, waiting for tracking number.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?

My fork arrived today lads, will get it fitted at the weekend and see what the BB drop is like

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Went to On One/Planet X today to get an EL Guapo frame they were really helpful and it is clear that they are trying very hard on the QC issues of the frame and a lot of staff were aware of how much of an issue it has been. Anecdotally there seem to be issues with the stock system as the frame colour I wanted could not be located anywhere and while I was in there 2 other people had stock issues. When I was there I asked them to fit the shock, got home now and just noticed that shock is fitted the wrong way up.... Oh well I should have probably just fitted it myself.

Looks great though.. Really stoked to get riding it!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I am still waiting on the other side of the world but there is movement for me too albeit slowly... First apparently 40 black lyrik forks arrived instead of 20 white and 20 black and I took the offer of a change of colour to black to prevent further delay. Then a day later the black frame with CDDB i was told was 'in stock' was apparently not (this confirms the stock system issue) and I took the offer of an Orange frame available 'immediately'. Now my order is 'ready to be shipped' but interestingly the price for the frame has inflated to the UK online store price instead of the ex VAT price and I'm now trying to sort that out so I don't get burnt extra at customs... So in the end there are lots of gremlins still lurking it seems but hopefully I will be smiling soon.

Quick... only one post after this till Brant bails on this thread! :-)

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quick... only one post after this till Brant bails on this thread! :-)
    Done.