Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    Dont Rep me
    Quote Originally Posted by George Gr View Post
    Could just a new chain stay solve the problem?
    Sure sounds that way, according to Brant's post # 676 at the top of previous page 28.

mtbr member

Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer.2 View Post
    Sure sounds that way, according to Brant's post # 676 at the top of previous page 28.
    Yes, I've read it! It's nice to have the option to fix it.
    I am currently with the latest frame (got a replacement) but the problem still remains even with the 170 fork... I decided to keep the frame rather than sending it back and taking a refund and now it's nice to know that I can fix it anytime I want just by changing the CS.
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtbr member
    May 2013
    So Brant....

New chainstay or 170mm fork sounds like a fix - but do we have to send our frames back (even though some obviously didn't)?

No time to phone today, but tomorrow I reckon I'll try and get 'Charlie' involved.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by topcatno1 View Post
    So Brant....

New chainstay or 170mm fork sounds like a fix - but do we have to send our frames back (even though some obviously didn't)?

No time to phone today, but tomorrow I reckon I'll try and get 'Charlie' involved.
    No... I'm sorry if I'm not being clear here...

1) ALL V3's need a 170mm fork to maintain correct geometry.
    2) SOME V3's have a manufacturing defect that results in a lower than spec BB drop which will soon be fixed with a new slightly shorter chainstay piece.

mtbr member
    I'd take that too! I just reallydon't see why they want me to faff about sending it back when from what has been written on here by Brant they KNOW there is a problem with the V3s.
    Not a problem with ALL frames, not by any means.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post

2) SOME V3's have a manufacturing defect that results in a lower than spec BB drop which will soon be fixed with a new slightly shorter chainstay piece.
    I'm a bit confused:

So if ALL V3's need a 170mm fork does that mean that you are offering ALL buyers a 170mm fork, given that most of us bought it expecting it to work with 150/160mm forks that we have?

If so why do you need us to send the frames back?

That's what TypeR was offered, without sending his frame back to you (as I understand it).

mtbr member
    I'm a bit confused:

So if ALL V3's need a 170mm fork does that mean that you are offering ALL buyers a 170mm fork, given that most of us bought it expecting it to work with 150/160mm forks that we have?

If so why do you need us to send the frames back?

That's what TypeR was offered, without sending his frame back to you (as I understand it).
    If you feel you have been mis-sold a frame, then please get in touch with us and we'll work with you to resolve these issues.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    If you feel you have been mis-sold a frame, then please get in touch with us and we'll work with you to resolve these issues.
    I did!!! That's the whole point!!

My beef is that I was fobbed off and told I had to strip the frame, send it back and wait for it to be checked. But obviously you have confirmed that you know what the issue is - it was mis-sold and now I have a 150mm fork with a frame that isn't fit for purpose as sold. You don't need me to send it back to tell me that!!

Calm.

I will make a phone call tomorrow then.

Thanks for replying brant - I respect you for that.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Can it take a 180mm fork? Can't afford the Lyrik or the Vengeance Although I can get my hands on a Suntour Durolux 180mm.

Outcast
    Brant, some sort of official company statement that encompasses exactly what the issues are that affect some or all the frames problems and what the company is offering as solutions may go far regarding clearing up the obvious confusion that many of the posters here seem to have. They are hearing too many different things from too many people. You do frequently suggest people contact the company directly, but when you post here, sometimes you seem to miscommunicate. I don't think I am the only person here who would say that YOU don't communicate very well in this forum, in a customer service kind of way. This is not a personal attack, it's an observation.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by prancisfena View Post
    Can it take a 180mm fork? Can't afford the Lyrik or the Vengeance Although I can get my hands on a Suntour Durolux 180mm.
    Durolux has the same A2C as most 170mm forks, you should be perfect.

Depending on what I get for a fork (I've been offered one, but the specifics aren't clear yet) I'm considering going this route myself.
    Disclosure: I am a Titus Brand Ambassador.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Groghunter View Post
    Durolux has the same A2C as most 170mm forks, you should be perfect.

Depending on what I get for a fork (I've been offered one, but the specifics aren't clear yet) I'm considering going this route myself.
    Good news for me then eh?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    What do You guys think, is our forks in OnOne next monday(20.5) like they say....

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Indeed I too am looking forward to this date with a sense of trepidation. Other online uk retailers seem to be getting these forks back in stock now so hopefully that means rockshox is delivering elsewhere... And on one should have its batch soon if not already.

mtbr member
    So a I had a thought...I wonder if the EG's that are out of spec can fit 650B wheels? If they are coming out with a slightly shorter chainstay to fix it, is the orignal chainstay a hair long? I put a 650B wheel and tire on the rear of my V2 and it cleared the chainstay by 3-4mm, at full compression it was only a few mm from hitting the seatube so shimming the shock stroke would be wise. Out of spec EG with a 150mm 650B fork?

J:
    mbtr memebr
    Could be, cause the further it's into travel, the more tire clearance you have

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Craigstr, you're making murky waters even more muddy.

mtbr member
    Porque? Could be the 650B El guapo everyone wants!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    because no one here can seem to figure out what the protocol is for their current issue, much less trying to figure out this new option.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Brant, do You have the forks?!?!?

Don't tell me to contact CS, nobody answer's me there...

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Nice job from on-one. No one answers any emails...

Has anyone heard anything??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    Porque? Could be the 650B El guapo everyone wants!
    wouldn't it be better if it was the 26" el guapo everyone upset paid for????

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hösö View Post
    Nice job from on-one. No one answers any emails...

Has anyone heard anything??
    Im in the same boat here! So frustrating!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    hang in there, you'll achieve total exasperation before too long
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Still nothing from CS...

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I bet, that on-one's plan is that they keep customers waiting untill they frustrated and cancell they orders. No money lost in the form of forks...

Just lose few customers.

This is so bad customer service.

First they answer mails, now, time's up, no answers!

I know, they don't have our forks! And do they even have our frames??

Yes, this is just one poor guy wailing on the internet! But I don't think that I'm only one...

mtbr member
    I bet, that on-one's plan is that they keep customers waiting untill they frustrated and cancell they orders. No money lost in the form of forks...

Just lose few customers.

This is so bad customer service.

First they answer mails, now, time's up, no answers!

I know, they don't have our forks! And do they even have our frames??

Yes, this is just one poor guy wailing on the internet! But I don't think that I'm only one...
    no replies via Twitter either, I feel the same mate, ordered it back in March, been messed around since then, now I have all the parts and no frame + forks, actually sold my other 160mm forks and my other bike to fund the build. All the days I should have been riding, ive spent checking emails and making phone calls about this! its ridiculous. Was told I'd have everything at the start of april, then it changed to mid april, then may, then end of may, then an actual date (21st may) now that day has passed and im just being ignored. I feel its too late to cancel it now as I have bought stuff specific for the EG (just spent another £50 on the invisiframe kit for it) and waited all this time. Pissed off is an understatement

/rant
    Last edited by Ben Arnold; 05-22-2013 at 02:32 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Yep, same here!

Empty promises and all my parts are for EG.

Are You planing to wait or what?!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    There are frames coming 'in stock' on th UK site in dribs and drabs... I'm waiting for a black large with ccdb shock. There is one available for purchase right now! I'm hoping that logic would prevail and they are setting aside pre-orders first with surplus then going out for general sale but then I just don't know... So I can only deduce that the delay to our orders going out is the damn fork that was supposed to be a compensatory 'gift' and is now derailing the whole process. Another conspiracy theory is that this is all just a charade to buy more time to get stock refabricsted from scratch!

I have written what might be my final polite request to CS for an update on my order.

mtbr member
    Well I know a lot of people have been saying "you chose the option to wait" and "you could have had a refund blah blah.." which is true, and to be fair on-one are offering us a good deal by giving us the correct fork. So yeah I will wait, I did choose to wait, but the thing is I was first told a few weeks, then told a month, then another month, and so on... I just feel I'm being pissed about a bit. Why can't someone just say "its going to be this date" or whatever, not fob me off with some bull dates every time I ask them? But what has annoyed me the most is the fact that they have just flat out ignored me as of the 21st (and it seems a few others on here too) It may be a cheap frame in comparison to its competitors but its a lot of money to me, I've spent about £2000 on this bike now and I can't afford to cancel it and go somewhere else, I haven't got another 2k to spend on a different frame and fork! So it seems on one have me by the balls! and sods law the frame and fork will turn up this winter when all the trails have gone to shit and I've got to wait another 6 months for some nice weather again! I think I'm just pissed because I can't ride my bike!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    There are frames coming 'in stock' on th UK site in dribs and drabs... I'm waiting for a black large with ccdb shock. There is one available for purchase right now! I'm hoping that logic would prevail and they are setting aside pre-orders first with surplus then going out for general sale but then I just don't know... So I can only deduce that the delay to our orders going out is the damn fork that was supposed to be a compensatory 'gift' and is now derailing the whole process. Another conspiracy theory is that this is all just a charade to buy more time to get stock re fabricated from scratch!

I have written what might be my final polite request to CS for an update on my order. I'm supposed to be riding my bike in Les Arcs in just over a month and now have start looking at rental options....

I share in all your pain and frustration!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Yeah, all I want is my frame and that fork that they promised!

AND IN THAT TIME THAY TOLD ME!!!

Brant, grow some ball's, again!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Also there are other options that could be pursued if rockshox is ultimately to blame for delayed delivery... Another brand of 170mm fork perhaps? Throw more money at the CS stuff up and buy in stock from other online retailers that have a lyrik rc2dh... I'd honestly happily chip in extra to help my cause!

mtbr member
    Lyriks are mid-air and due in.

Please be aware I will not reply to any profanity laden emails and of course if you are unhappy we can always issue a full refund with full recompense of any loss of interest at double Bank of England base rate.

mtbr member
    in all honesty a free?? fork on the delayed purchase or warranty of a $1000 full suspension frame is a pretty good deal. i imagine people haven't asked for a refund because most quality fs frames start at $1500 for just a frame, let alone a 170mm travel fork. on-one must be losing their shirt on this deal and yes, all are able to move on and take a refund. i guess frugality is playing a part on people not doing so.

in the end people are getting a decently designed fs frame for a pretty damn good price. there have been countless posts about the loww bb issue so not many can actually still be surprised by this. hopefully on-one gets their 5h!t together after this and sales continue to go well as in all honesty they have been pretty fair taking care of people despite the train wreck this has been overall. i dont't think people have much to complain about in waiting for a $100 fame and fork deal

J:
    mbtr memebr
    A free Lyrik?... wow, is this true?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Is it great deal?! No one had the fork yet....

Don't You understand why we are wailing?!?!

Empty promises, CS won't answer our mails, no info, no nothing...

We have been waiting now 6months. No frame+no "free" fork=no bike= 0 days of riding!!!

mtbr member
    I don't want to start another can of worms here. Yes I know of 2 who already got their Lyriks.

1 had his frame changed

Apparently it seems to be different options and answer depending at which point it was asked. Also depending on which side of the pond these refunds/replacement were directed and I would think nicely worded emails wouldn't hurt and probably gets a better/ faster response.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Don't You understand why we are wailing?!?!
    I do not.

J:
    mbtr memebr
    I have not been following this thread much, have been pricing forks lately so I know what I am talking about.This is an unreal deal.. Definitely annoying to not have things delivered when promised..hope this gets sorted soon so those that choose to wait for the free lyrik can get out and ride

PS- THAT IS A CRAZY DEAL!!

mtbr member
    Yes this is in fact a good deal and thats why I'm waiting, I hope they do get there shit together and I hope what brant says is true. And for the record I have never sent any emails that were even slightly profound or threatening or anything. I have been very nice about the whole thing, its just the last few days of being ignored by CS has lead me here.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Yes, deal is good. But where is CS? Why no emails? Why empty promises?

Meaby this CS what You guys get is normal, but where I live thats just BS...

Meaby this is normal to You Axe, but it's not normal to me! I work with lots of customers! And I know what they get when they are doing business with me! I don't ignore customers, or forgot their emails. I call if there is delays... I keep my customers inform about everything! And I KNOW THAT MY CUSTOMERS ARE HAPPY!

Meaby Axe You should visit my shop, so You know what is good customer service!!

mtbr member
    Yes, deal is good. But where is CS? Why no emails? Why empty promises?

Meaby this CS what You guys get is normal, but where I live thats just BS...

Meaby this is normal to You Axe, but it's not normal to me! I work with lots of customers! And I know what they get when they are doing business with me! I don't ignore customers, or forgot their emails. I call if there is delays... I keep my customers inform about everything! And I KNOW THAT MY CUSTOMERS ARE HAPPY!

Meaby Axe You should visit my shop, so You know what is good customer service!!

you are waitig because the frame is a killer deal even before the free fork. i waited 10 months for my chilcotin and paid $2000+ for the frame with no free fork. move on and pay up if you want a frame today. a free fork on a $1000 frame for a wait is a smoking deal.

fawk, on-one is losing their shirt on this deal. so you expect what exactly? you are getting a frame that is selling for $800 and they are throwing in a fork valued at ?? 750? and you are complaining??????????????? seriously, at this point on-one has admitted they've fawked up. they are giving you a fork and you are still whining???

if you aren't happy, get your money back and move on. but obviously you know an amazing deal when you see it so sit back, shut up and wait for it

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Hi normally I would normally just ask the company responsible directly for these sort of technical questions. However after receiving an email from on-one today on a completely different matter and getting one incorrect answer and one question not answered properly I hope people don't frown upon me asking this here.

I know the correct v3 frames need a 170mm fork to achieve the correct geo but is this with a ZS or with a EC with 15mm a bottom stack height of 15mm i.e, On-One Smoothie headset?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fr0sty125 View Post
    Hi normally I would normally just ask the company responsible directly for these sort of technical questions. However after receiving an email from on-one today on a completely different matter and getting one incorrect answer and one question not answered properly I hope people don't frown upon me asking this here.

I know the correct v3 frames need a 170mm fork to achieve the correct geo but is this with a ZS or with a EC with 15mm a bottom stack height of 15mm i.e, On-One Smoothie headset?
    Official on-spec dimension dictates an EC lower cup (Smoothie Mixer).
    However, in a curve ball to all this discussion about static height and on-centre or a bit below, our great friend Ed Oxley at Greatrock, since yesterday, is now happily riding around on a current El Guapo SRAM X9 26in wheeled V3 complete bike with a 160mm Lyrik fork, "no pedal strikes" and he loves it.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Official on-spec dimension dictates an EC lower cup (Smoothie Mixer).
    However, in a curve ball to all this discussion about static height and on-centre or a bit below, our great friend Ed Oxley at Greatrock, since yesterday, is now happily riding around on a current El Guapo SRAM X9 26in wheeled V3 complete bike with a 160mm Lyrik fork, "no pedal strikes" and he loves it.
    Thanks for the quick reply Brant. I'm sure it will be a fantastic ride just wanted to make sure I got everything right in my head on the geo front so I don't get any surprises.

mtbr member
    Facts:-
    A 170mm Lyrik at 33% sag is the same ride height as a 160mm Lyrik at 29% sag, or a 150mm Revelation at 21% sag.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I can't tell you how happy I am for him.

Have those 170s landed yet? Seems one-one customer service is going through a no-email reply phase on this subject.

And yes - I am tight and would rather a frame and fork for £800 than a refund on a frame that would only buy me half another decent frame. Dont hate me for it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Facts:-
    A 170mm Lyrik at 33% sag is the same ride height as a 160mm Lyrik at 29% sag, or a 150mm Revelation at 21% sag.
    Ed Ox on a 160mm Lyrik and no pedal strikes? That's good to hear thanks for the info^

Headtube angle becomes 67.5 with a 160mm on it? Is that the correct assumption?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hmmm...

I got an email yesterday from on-one...

"Another problem we have is that the super raw frame is out of stock and we don’t currently have any on order."

How this can be possible? Where did my frame disappear? I've been told that my frame is waiting that fork and caboom! No frame and forks are coming till mid June?