Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 600 of 891
  1. #551
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    9
    Hi has anyone heard from on one yet about the QCing?

  2. #552
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    37
    Yeah!

    Brant call me...

  3. #553
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    9
    and what did he say?

  4. #554
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    37
    Just ask hows weather in Rovaniemi...

  5. #555
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    9
    That's good then.

  6. #556
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    47
    I have no idea where and how are they going to update on the issue...

  7. #557
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13
    I see some small frames are now available, anyone know if these have passed the new QC process?

  8. #558
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,842
    All frames released for sale are to spec as advertised.

  9. #559
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13
    Thanks, I'll get my order in as soon as you have some mediums

  10. #560
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,620
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    All frames released for sale are to spec as advertised.

    ...
    breezy shade

  11. #561
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    157
    Just to clarify before i make a purchase for the version 3 EG. Are those being sold in on-one uk store 'DONT' have the same low bottom bracket issue? Any on-one rep confirm before i make my purchase...

  12. #562
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by magixuser View Post
    Just to clarify before i make a purchase for the version 3 EG. Are those being sold in on-one uk store 'DONT' have the same low bottom bracket issue? Any on-one rep confirm before i make my purchase...
    Best to check with the sales team.

  13. #563
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by magixuser View Post
    Just to clarify before i make a purchase for the version 3 EG. Are those being sold in on-one uk store 'DONT' have the same low bottom bracket issue? Any on-one rep confirm before i make my purchase...
    That's correct.

    We're QCing and releasing them for sale on a pass.

  14. #564
    Dont Rep me
    Reputation: Strafer.2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    That's correct.

    We're QCing and releasing them for sale on a pass.
    When do you expect to get correct spec medium frames?

  15. #565
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Scottandhisdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    250

    Re: Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?

    After riding the V3 that I just built, I can attest that the BBH is lower than what I've been used to on previous bikes (Chumba EVO @ 14.8" and Chumba XCL @ 13.5"). But that's not a bad thing. I'm running a RS Lyrik Solo Air RC2DH at 170mm up front, and it's a sweet corner railing monster that just requires a little more attention when climbing in technical terrain. That BBH was measured with a Maxxis High Roller 2.35" out back and an Ardent 2.4" up front. I'm going to swap out the rear for a Trail King 2.4" to provide a slight lift to the BBH, which will help in Gooseberry.

    Brant was really helpful in finding me one that was going to work with my build spec. I love this bike, and can't wait to enjoy many years on The Handsome One.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?-uploadfromtaptalk1364952643521.jpg  

    Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?-uploadfromtaptalk1364952657771.jpg  

    Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?-uploadfromtaptalk1364952702963.jpg  


  16. #566
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    385
    Offcourse they will help. Anything better than returning a frame.
    Did not buy a EG frame and went with something better in the end.

  17. #567
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottandhisdog View Post
    After riding the V3 that I just built, I can attest that the BBH is lower than what I've been used to on previous bikes (Chumba EVO @ 14.8" and Chumba XCL @ 13.5"). But that's not a bad thing. I'm running a RS Lyrik Solo Air RC2DH at 170mm up front, and it's a sweet corner railing monster that just requires a little more attention when climbing in technical terrain. That BBH was measured with a Maxxis High Roller 2.35" out back and an Ardent 2.4" up front. I'm going to swap out the rear for a Trail King 2.4" to provide a slight lift to the BBH, which will help in Gooseberry.
    ************************************************** *******************************
    ***Brant was really helpful in finding me one that was going to work*** with my build spec. I love this bike, and can't wait to enjoy many years on The Handsome One.
    so does that mean that they're still putting out frames w/ varying BB's?!?!?
    breezy shade

  18. #568
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Scottandhisdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    250

    Re: Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?

    I don't think so. I simply sent him my build spec, because I was concerned that it might have been too low even with my build. Everyone is now talking about BB drop, and that doesn't translate into what's needed on the trail well. I know any lower than 13.25" and I'd be stepping all over myself in the techy chunder.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

  19. #569
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    so does that mean that they're still putting out frames w/ varying BB's?!?!?
    no.

  20. #570
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Just measured mine after finally receiving my forks. Using an x fusion slant 545mm a-c and lower external headset cup 15mm gives me a bb drop of about 12-13 mm from centre line using string method. I checked the lengths of fork and lower cup and there accurate, also using the correct size shock (216x63), both shock and fork fully extended. Using nobby nic 2.25 rear and 2.4 front gives me a bb height of around 12.8-9", so half an inch lower than the 13.4 advertised which corresponds to my 12-13mm bb drop.

    Sent an email to on-one customer services today, I would want an exchange as i'm not happy having an out of spec frame. I kind of expected it tho as i bought it in august last year (first batch?). I'm worried that i won't be able to get an exchange as they have been out of stock for ages so presumably still having manufacturing issues, could do with some info on expected date for next batch. Hope they don't scrap the el guapo as i got loads of parts for the frame, wheels without changeable axles, headset, fork seatpost etc.

    will wait and see what on one say..

  21. #571
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,563
    Brant, do you have some help for your unhappy customer above?
    ****

  22. #572
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Brant, do you have some help for your unhappy customer above?
    see page 22, post 22
    breezy shade

  23. #573
    mtbr member
    Reputation: George Gr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Brant, do you have some help for your unhappy customer above?
    Should he?
    Isn't there a customer service department?
    Those where the guys that help me short out my problem...
    I don't think this leads anywhere...
    Anyway.
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

  24. #574
    mtbr member
    Reputation: craigstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,352
    Renegade loves to get a stab in whenever he can....So sad.

  25. #575
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by dan.greening87 View Post
    Just measured mine after finally receiving my forks. Using an x fusion slant 545mm a-c and lower external headset cup 15mm gives me a bb drop of about 12-13 mm from centre line using string method. I checked the lengths of fork and lower cup and there accurate, also using the correct size shock (216x63), both shock and fork fully extended. Using nobby nic 2.25 rear and 2.4 front gives me a bb height of around 12.8-9", so half an inch lower than the 13.4 advertised which corresponds to my 12-13mm bb drop.

    Sent an email to on-one customer services today, I would want an exchange as i'm not happy having an out of spec frame. I kind of expected it tho as i bought it in august last year (first batch?). I'm worried that i won't be able to get an exchange as they have been out of stock for ages so presumably still having manufacturing issues, could do with some info on expected date for next batch. Hope they don't scrap the el guapo as i got loads of parts for the frame, wheels without changeable axles, headset, fork seatpost etc.

    will wait and see what on one say..
    Hi Dan. Hopefully customer service are treating you well. I was in the factory last week going over issues with them. We have stock in the UK that's not shown on the site to support customers with issues, and I am sure we can resolve something to get you back and rolling with your BB a bit higher.

  26. #576
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Hi Brant, I received a reply from on one saying they would have new stock around the end of May, not sure if the person who emailed me knew about any frames being in stock.
    Are the frames that are in stock on spec? I would need a medium in black.
    Thanks
    Dan

  27. #577
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Just noticed medium black anos are in stock, sent the returns department an e mail.

  28. #578
    Huffy Rider
    Reputation: motochick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,391
    Dan, I just inquired about one of those med black ano frames and they are NOT available. They are the ones that are out of spec. They were put up in error. I was told I would have to wait for one of the new frames with the changed geometry to correct the low BB problem. My understanding is the new geo will be much slacker and designed to use a 170mm fork.

  29. #579
    Dont Rep me
    Reputation: Strafer.2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    Hi Dan. Hopefully customer service are treating you well. I was in the factory last week going over issues with them. We have stock in the UK that's not shown on the site to support customers with issues, and I am sure we can resolve something to get you back and rolling with your BB a bit higher.
    Can you ship some of those correct frames to US? Tired of waiting on replacement frame.
    Renegade maybe bothersome to On-One/Titus, but without him this issue would have been buried so at least I appreciate his doggedness.

  30. #580
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer.2 View Post
    Can you ship some of those correct frames to US? Tired of waiting on replacement frame.
    Renegade maybe bothersome to On-One/Titus, but without him this issue would have been buried so at least I appreciate his doggedness.
    Quote Originally Posted by motochick View Post
    Dan, I just inquired about one of those med black ano frames and they are NOT available. They are the ones that are out of spec. They were put up in error. I was told I would have to wait for one of the new frames with the changed geometry to correct the low BB problem. My understanding is the new geo will be much slacker and designed to use a 170mm fork.
    First i've heard of any geometry changes, have you been waiting long for a replacement?

  31. #581
    Huffy Rider
    Reputation: motochick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,391
    I am not waiting for a replacement, I just want to buy a new frame. I have been researching for months what bike would suit my needs best and this one fit the bill. Well, the previous version did. I believe they are changing the geometry to fix the low BB issue and that they are designing this frame around a 170 fork. I was hoping to get one of the "old" ones with the geometry that is on the website, but none of those are available anymore. I will put off buying any more parts for this build until I can see a geo chart.

  32. #582
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by motochick View Post
    I believe they are changing the geometry to fix the low BB issue and that they are designing this frame around a 170 fork.
    Brant, can you comment on this? I was going to use the frame with my 150mm Revelation until I could upgrade to something like a PIKE, but a 170mm fork would be a bit overkill for my needs, so would probably rule it out.

  33. #583
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    103
    finally, got my new replacement frame that have the new BB height QCed after much delayed due to customs... they new frame have a much longer rear brake mount bracket that welded to the seat stay.

    cant wait to built it up.... wrong timing now..

  34. #584
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    37
    Sorry what? You have frame and its in spex?

  35. #585
    Dont Rep me
    Reputation: Strafer.2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadica View Post
    finally, got my new replacement frame that have the new BB height QCed after much delayed due to customs... they new frame have a much longer rear brake mount bracket that welded to the seat stay.

    cant wait to built it up.... wrong timing now..
    So you live in Malaysia and got the correct frame? From where did you get it?

  36. #586
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    103
    From on one UK. replacement frame are the new batch. Will verify it as soon I got the time to built it up. Finger crossed

  37. #587
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Still waiting for a reply from on-one about frames in stock for people having issues

  38. #588
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    37
    Brant, when You stop telling lies to Your customers?

    I'm now so pist!!

    And Why You don't answer my mails? Or call me?


    I preorder my frame 14.12. And on-one's website show me that frame is in UK end of december. Then it change to January->midJan->endJan... Finaly the frames are in UK, and now we live somewhere in Feb. Arround same time I notice that all coming frames are out of stock. Yep, I was afraid. Bad geo again??

    In 6 of March Brant call me and told me that frames are **** up. He give me 3 choises.

    1. Money back+some shirt??!?
    2. Frame price +extra 200pounds to on-one webstore.
    3. Frame and new 170mm lyrik rc. Because bb drop was too much. Only bad thing was, that forks take 5weeks to get to UK. Well, allright! I take frame+fork and Brant gave his word that I can return that combo if Im not happy with it.

    After that i ask few times about geo, angles and bb height... He only told me that they are fine. No numbers etc...

    Well ok, after 6.3.2013 I wait one week. In 13.3.2013 I send mail and ask about forks. Now he told me it tooks 6 weeks. So I ask, 5weeks from 6.3 and now 13.3 six weeks? So I need to wait 7weeks?!?!? No answer.. I think, ****that, I've been waiting so long so one week is nothing!

    I ask customer service and Brant few times, can they send me the frame that is ****ed up?! So I can build my bike with my 150revelation and go riding! Answer was, no man NO! We give You such crazy deal with that fork, so WE JUST CAN'T SEND THAT FRAME FIRST AND FORK LATER. Well yes they can, but I need to pay shipping... That was really too much to me! Weeks of waiting and finally they want more money.

    Now 17 Of April I ask again, 6weeks from Brant call, where the forks are. Garry from customer service answer me that they are coming and give me date. First, yes I made mistake and read wrong! Garry write that forks are coming on 20/5 and I read 20/4. :/

    Well I wait...

    In 20/4 I ask again. Forks!?!?!?!

    Answer was the same:" yes, it's coming I told that they are here 20/5..."

    Then it hit me!! WTF!!! 20.5?!?!? WTF!!

    So I send mail to Garry and I say, told Brant to call me. And I send mail to Brant too..

    Nothing! No God damn thing! Nobody answer me anymore. Nobody calls me. In 6.3.2013 calling wasn't problem, but now...!?!?

    I have been waiting too long so I think it's time to go public with this!

    Really, titus-onone-planetx is big business, and they can't offer good customer service. And they can't send my frame and fork separately?

    If I was in Brant shoes, I would send that ****ed up frame in Feb, like customer want it. When forks arrive, I would send that fork. And if customer is unhappy with that, I would replaced that ****ed up frame with new on.

    That's how customers are treated in my work. Yes, it might be a little bit bad for Your business, but after all customer is happy and I KNOW he/she is coming back to my shop.

    Is someone else get this CRAZY DEAL TOO?!?

    Only thing that I have from 14.12.2012 is empty promises and lies. My whole spring is ruined. I really don't know what I'm going to do anymore. My preparing for up coming season is ruined too. Because I don't have propper bike to ride. I count on that, when i order my frame on time, I can go riding on nice spring days in local trails.

    So Greg, think again what really is SAD...

    So Brant, if You read this, and I know You do. Grow some balls and be a man!

    Well, what You guys think?! Am I asking too much?

    Cheers

    Mikko Nevalainen
    Rovaniemi
    Finland

  39. #589
    Axe
    Axe is offline
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Hösö View Post
    1. Money back+some shirt??!?
    2. Frame price +extra 200pounds to on-one webstore.
    3. Frame and new 170mm lyrik rc. Because bb drop was too much. Only bad thing was, that forks take 5weeks to get to UK. Well, allright! I take frame+fork and Brant gave his word that I can return that combo if Im not happy with it.
    Sounds like a good deal to me. Yep, mistakes happen. Seems like those options are a very reasonable recourse.

  40. #590
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Hösö View Post
    Brant, when You stop telling lies to Your customers?

    I'm now so pist!!... snip...
    Cheers

    Mikko Nevalainen
    Rovaniemi
    Finland
    I didn't call you as I've been in China and Taiwan for 10 days, and Gary, our head of Customer Service is far better placed to handle this than me.

    Might be best if we just refund you, send you a shirt and we all move on I think?

  41. #591
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenk4563 View Post
    Brant, can you comment on this? I was going to use the frame with my 150mm Revelation until I could upgrade to something like a PIKE, but a 170mm fork would be a bit overkill for my needs, so would probably rule it out.
    The frames that will be available shortly will be suited to 170mm forks. A 150mm fork will lower the BB by around 8mm.

  42. #592
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    37
    So this is how You handle customers?

    First some empty promesis and lies? And finaly when I write this on to the internet You are willing to answer me?

    What if You just be honest in the beging?

    Now all this is my fault?? Or this is how You make it sounds...

    If I want my money back, You will be first to know it!


    All I want is that You promise me and in that time You promise.

    Is that too much to ask?

    Im not happy to discussed this situation here, but unfortunately this is the only way to get answers...

  43. #593
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Hösö View Post
    So this is how You handle customers?

    First some empty promesis and lies? And finaly when I write this on to the internet You are willing to answer me?

    What if You just be honest in the beging?

    Now all this is my fault?? Or this is how You make it sounds...

    If I want my money back, You will be first to know it!


    All I want is that You promise me and in that time You promise.

    Is that too much to ask?

    Im not happy to discussed this situation here, but unfortunately this is the only way to get answers...
    I'm sorry that the forks have taken longer to receive than we anticipated.
    Our original offer still stands.
    I have not "lied" at any time, but it's certainly true that things haven't run to the timeline we anticipated, which I apologise for.

  44. #594
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    The frames that will be available shortly will be suited to 170mm forks. A 150mm fork will lower the BB by around 8mm.
    What should the BB drop be with a 170mm fork? Do you think it would be unwise running it with a 150mm fork?

  45. #595
    Huffy Rider
    Reputation: motochick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,391
    Can we please get a geo chart, drawing, something please? Thank you

  46. #596
    Dont Rep me
    Reputation: Strafer.2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    151
    This is like Chumba all over again...
    Did Alan take over Titus too?

  47. #597
    Axe
    Axe is offline
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer.2 View Post
    This is like Chumba all over again...
    Bollocks. Do not insult Brant like that, he has done nothing to deserve it.

  48. #598
    Dont Rep me
    Reputation: Strafer.2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Bollocks. Do not insult Brant like that, he has done nothing to deserve it.
    You're right, he has done nothing. Nothing at all.

  49. #599
    Axe
    Axe is offline
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer.2 View Post
    You're right, he has done nothing. Nothing at all.
    Oh, stop whining. Brant made great frames for a great price. If not for effort like On One our only choice would be $3000 frames from companies with glossy brochures and a lot of middlemen.

  50. #600
    Dont Rep me
    Reputation: Strafer.2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Oh, stop whining. Brant made great frames for a great price. If not for effort like On One our only choice would be $3000 frames from companies with glossy brochures and a lot of middlemen.
    it would be a great frame, if the geos weren't all over the place.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •