Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wors View Post
    Has anyone got a link to the geometry chart for the El Guapo V3, can't see it on the on one website
    I've only got it on the site in kind of nice long hand rambling form.
    I will redo it now.

Hilariously I've just noticed that our webguy has made an error and actually put up the words "On all models
    under "Advised Fork Length: 150/160mm Rock Shox/Fox"

Rather than using that as a direction where to place it on the page :-)

It's all there though:-
    TT: 575mm (S), 595mm (M), 615mm (L)
    ST: 425mm (S), 457mm (M), 493mm (L)
    H/A: 67deg
    S/A: 72.5deg
    Headtube length: 102mm (S), 102mm(M), 118mm (L)
    BB Height = On Centre

Here are some tire diameters - Maxxis Tire Specs

Lots more there too.

Use the "Axle to Tread tallest point mm" dimension.
    So on that page, we've got variation from Maxxis Hard Drive TS 1.95 at 328mm (12.9in), to a Maxxis Ardent 2.4 DH at 344mm (13.5in). A variation of 16mm, over half an inch.

And thats how high your BB will be with a 160 fork and an external headset cup. On centre. Half the tyre's diameter. The radius. Any change at the front end will vary BB height by about 1/3rd of the change.

HTH

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    Me neither.

????not in the privacy of your house or anywhere else?????

But the BB is on wheel centre, and that's fairly easy to measure.

hopefully, that is finally true
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post

hopefully, that is finally true
    Just to reiterate - as I've consistently said, if anyone has an issue with BB height on their frame, please get in touch with us and we'll work through it with you, replacing and rebuilding as we did for Rob (below).

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Yeah, i sort of pieced it together from that page but the "On all models
    under "Advised Fork Length: 150/160mm Rock Shox/Fox" did confuse me a bit.

is the 67 deg HA with 160 forks then? I was planning on sticking my 150mm sektors in.

mtbr member
    Yeah, i sort of pieced it together from that page but the "On all models
    under "Advised Fork Length: 150/160mm Rock Shox/Fox" did confuse me a bit.

is the 67 deg HA with 160 forks then? I was planning on sticking my 150mm sektors in.

Ahah - some peeps meant Titus Bicycles US - El-Guapo didn't they...

Um... Oh... Ah...

Will fix that.

67 is with 160's yes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    okay cheers, 150mm will only make 0.5 difference i would imagine.

mtbr member
    okay cheers, 150mm will only make 0.5 difference i would imagine.
    150mm Revs are 529mm long. I've set the headtube at 555mm, which means with a 15mm external headset you're 10mm short. Which will mean about half a degree at the headtube and 3mm at the BB, static.

Ride height will be even less effected and bottom out pretty similar.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    spot on, thanks for that.

mtbr member
    Just to reiterate - as I've consistently said, if anyone has an issue with BB height on their frame, please get in touch with us and we'll work through it with you, replacing and rebuilding as we did for Rob (below).
    Hi Brant and Happy New Year! I am waiting a "call" when the new frame is available in order to send mine back.
    For those of us not in the UK (I am in Greece) that are not able to get the free rebuilding service that is generously provided by your company, is there any chance of any kind of refund to compensate the money that I will spend in my LBS in order to transfer the parts? Or I am asking too much?
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by George Gr View Post
    Hi Brant and Happy New Year! I am waiting a "call" when the new frame is available in order to send mine back.
    For those of us not in the UK (I am in Greece) that are not able to get the free rebuilding service that is generously provided by your company, is there any chance of any kind of refund to compensate the money that I will spend in my LBS in order to transfer the parts? Or I am asking too much?
    Tell Barry or Alex I said you should get some Merino :-)

mtbr member
    Tell Barry or Alex I said you should get some Merino :-)
    Nice, always helpful Brant! I really can't find anything other than good words to say about On-One here in Greece in forums etc (and I really don't say that because of the merino.... Hahahah. It is the overall positive response I see from you and the other stuff. Keep up the good work.
    So, I tell them you said so. I hope I won't have any problem!
    Some merino is always useful!
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    MY new Guapo V3's BB measures exactly 13 inch with a 150mm Fox 32 fork, chris king external bottom headset, Rubber Queen 2.4 front tyre and Kenda Excavator 2.35 rear tyre.
    Is this considered the right BB height or within specifications?

Would getting a 160mm fork increase the BB to 13.5inch?

mtbr member

Sounds about right

Only way to tell is to measure it from axle to axle with a string as seen earlier in this thread.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydesg View Post
    MY new Guapo V3's BB measures exactly 13 inch with a 150mm Fox 32 fork, chris king external bottom headset, Rubber Queen 2.4 front tyre and Kenda Excavator 2.35 rear tyre.
    Is this considered the right BB height or within specifications?

Would getting a 160mm fork increase the BB to 13.5inch?
    ================================================== ===============
    no. assumeing your 150mm fork is a 521mm A-C length & the 160mm fork would be 545mm, you'll raise the BB about 5/16", + or -. Brant insists that whatever wheel/tire combo you use, the BB center will be in line w/ the axles. you won't be.
    that's my bet
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    May 2008
    i'm waiting for a call back tomorrow (only called them today so this is me being slow not on-one!).
    just looked and see 3 med raws in stock so touch wood.. i should be ok for a replacement. brant if you just spoke to Frank thanks for confirming my case.

is it true that ISCG offset is fixed too? that'd be a bonus but not a big deal for me.

"150mm Revs are 529mm long. I've set the headtube at 555mm, which means with a 15mm external headset you're 10mm short. Which will mean about half a degree at the headtube and 3mm at the BB, static"
    this is great info, thanks. maybe get it on site too because i know lots of Rev owners wondering this (there is still no cheap 160/170 fork??) think i can cope with 3mm vs the 22mm i've got.

hmmm anyway hope my new frame is otherwise as well made as my old one because other than this one quite big error i really can't fault the build.
    Last edited by Smiff; 01-08-2013 at 09:49 AM.

mtbr member
    So, after reading every post in this thread, I'm hoping that if I order a V3 with CCDB air that the BBH issue has been remedied. Single Track Hound is a friend of mine, and we ride similar terrain, so a BBH of 13" would be useless in Gooseberry, Moab, Grand Junction, and our local gnarly trails in the Wasatch. I'm leaning towards a 170 or 180mm fork for increased BBH to 13.5" with 2.4" tires front and rear. Does that sound reasonable, or should I consider a different bike frame?
    Can someone post pics of their V3 build that has a BBH in the 13.5" range? All that talk of BB drop doesn't translate well into trail reality. I'm concerned that if the BBH is less than 13.5" static, than I'll have to run a ton of pressure in the rear shock to avoid chunder plunder. AM rigs should have 6" of PLUSH travel, not harsh travel due to high shock pressures.
    Thanks guys!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    just pulled my Gaupo apart ready to go back :/ kinda sad. only took 1/2 an hour. what do they do with these returns anyway?

^ for the height.. brant says it's meant to be zero drop, meaning the height is just your tyre radius, pretty simple? any 6" travel 26" bike is going to get close to the ground isn't it, maybe if you want lots of clearance you want a different bike, a 29er, a shorter travel, or a shorter wheelbase? i dunno, i think after riding 12.5 i'm going to be fine with anything in the 13-13.5 range.. most of my pedal strikes are glancing but caught some concrete yesterday that nearly took me off. hopefully i'll find out pretty soon, expecting the seat angle or HA to feel different also 'cos don't see how they can get that wrong without affecting other things.

edit: without.
    Last edited by Smiff; 01-10-2013 at 02:49 PM.

mtbr member
    All I know is what I like based on the bikes that I've had in the past.
    Trek Fuel EX 8= 13.1"
    Chumba XCL= 13.7"
    Chumba EVO= 14.8"
    I smacked a lot of trail gnar on the Trek, & that only had 4" of travel. The EVO gives lots of clearance, but doesn't corner that well. The XCL feels about perfect for techy ledgy riding. I would be willing to lose some clearance, but certainly not an inch. This bike is going to replace both Chumba's. I need something that can get it done on xc rides to southern Utah AM tech.

Would 13.25-13.5" be achievable with either a RS Lyik 170 or a Zocchi 55 RC3 to 170 with an external headset?

mtbr member
    As a side note, what gearing is everyone running on their EG's? I am considering running 26/38 2x10 11-36 cassette. Figured that the higher gearing would keep the shock from bobbing, and potentially dragging cranks as often.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    that's a good point i'm not sure what chainring size the pivot is designed for. brant?

i run 36/24, it does bob quite a bit at back but i think that's more to do with my body bobbing than the drivetrain tension? without a brain shock i don't understand how any suspension can avoid this, unless you change to a shock with a firm LSC like fox propedal..

edit: i was using a Monarch RT3, but this is going off topic a bit.
    Last edited by Smiff; 01-11-2013 at 07:14 AM.

mtbr member

Low BB's are the trend

Look at some of the most popular bikes of late:
    Spec Enduro Evo - 13.75"
    Spec Stumpy Evo- 4mm drop
    (interesting that Specialized uses two different ways of measuring?)
    Blur TRc-13.1"
    Nomad C - 14"
    Ibis Mojo HD 13.8"
    Intense Carbine - 13.25"
    For the most part, lower BB's are just a learning curve, you learn where not to pedal. If I remember correctly my V2 was 0mm drop and it measured around 13.5".

mtbr member
    Mine is around 13 1/8th or so with the stock 2.3 butcher /purg combo on old flow's
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    Look at some of the most popular bikes of late:
    Spec Enduro Evo - 13.75"
    (interesting that Specialized uses two different ways of measuring?)
    Blur TRc-13.1"
    Nomad C - 14"
    Ibis Mojo HD 13.8"
    Intense Carbine - 13.25"
    For the most part, lower BB's are just a learning curve, you learn where not to pedal. If I remember correctly my V2 was 0mm drop and it measured around 13.5".
    Yes, designed to be low BB's are trendy; ones created by mistake are too low, as is the case here. Please don't confuse, or convolute the two here.

mtbr member

Was I?

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Yes, designed to be low BB's are trendy; ones created by mistake are too low, as is the case here. Please don't confuse, or convolute the two here.
    No, I don't think so Renegade, I was responding to a recent post about 13-14" bb heights, saying that this is the trend. The V3 with a 4mm drop will be in the low 13's depending on tire and fork. Its obvious you have a beef with Titus and Brant, why dont take care of it personally and not pollute the air we breathe over here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    No, I don't think so Renegade, I was responding to a recent post about 13-14" bb heights, saying that this is the trend. The V3 with a 4mm drop will be in the low 13's depending on tire and fork. Its obvious you have a beef with Titus and Brant, why dont take care of it personally and not pollute the air we breathe over here.
    consumer forum. it cant be all bag licking fanboi love. you have to take the good and the bad. renegade isn't making up an issue, it happened. why sweep it under the covers? beating a dead horse or not it's a free country and an open forum.

someone above posted they were glad to see his posts about it. people should know what they're getting into with a company.

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast