Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    this is my EG,

[IMG]BB EG[/IMG]

the line just off 1-2 mm from the center of BB, my BB height is 13.1 in
    I think I'm just lucky or On One has done something to fix this issue? ordered the frame this October

mtbr member
    May 2012
    spoke to On One yesterday who told me the new stock has arrived, they assured me that all previous issues have been resolved and have offered me a swap for a new frame.... you really can't beat customer service like that... i'm very happy

going to see them on the 24th of this month (christmas eve )

they're swapping all the parts over for me too, even though it was a self build... i guess it helps that i'm only round the corner from them...

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Good job!

Doublethumbsup!

Damn, I cant wait to get my EG...
    Last edited by Hösö; 12-29-2012 at 04:45 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_g_clarkson View Post
    spoke to On One yesterday who told me the new stock has arrived, they assured me that all previous issues have been resolved and have offered me a swap for a new frame.... you really can't beat customer service like that... i'm very happy

they're swapping all the parts over for me too, even though it was a self build... i guess it helps that i'm only round the corner from them...

right, i might have to call them. though i'm not so close, but am ok to do the swap myself. btw what other issues were there? i alternate between liking the bb (on a good day) and hating it (on a day i pedal strike badly), but mostly i think i want to ride a correct frame, or i'll never know what it's meant to be like!

guy above got black rocker? nice. i'd never run those thick pedals on mine, would catch on everything eh.
    Last edited by Smiff; 12-18-2012 at 05:59 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    my Q is, what have you ordered? an El Guapo?, V4.0? if so, what are they telling ya the geometry is? surely, they're not shipping out the same V3 fiasco, or are they?
    There's no V4.0. Just correct and in specs V3.0!
    Mine is out off specs too. Waiting for new stock to send it back....
    I have to pay again for swapping the parts... Also bye-bye to 3M heli tape....
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtbr member

Im about to buy a new 26 frame and I was thinking about the EG....but all this BB height problems make me quite worried...How could I know that Im ordering a corrected new frame or I will get a bad one?..
    I need a small frame..and they are they are stock in orange , raw and white..but are they the good ones?

mtbr member
    medium was the only size affected.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

Dont Rep me

Will be waiting to hear how it compares with correct BBH before I call them to swap my frame.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiff View Post
    guy above got black rocker? nice. i'd never run those thick pedals on mine, would catch on everything eh.
    I think you talk about my EG
    actually I got raw rocker, and painted black

Once again, I got lucky rarely have pedal smuck on my first ride last week

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    medium was the only size affected.
    No, I have a L frame with too low BB. Waiting for replacement by On-One.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiff View Post
    right, i might have to call them. though i'm not so close, but am ok to do the swap myself. btw what other issues were there? i alternate between liking the bb (on a good day) and hating it (on a day i pedal strike badly), but mostly i think i want to ride a correct frame, or i'll never know what it's meant to be like!

by "issues" i meant the multiple BB issues that are out there, not multiple issues with the frame

Quote Originally Posted by Jingleman View Post
    Im about to buy a new 26 frame and I was thinking about the EG....but all this BB height problems make me quite worried...How could I know that Im ordering a corrected new frame or I will get a bad one?..
    I need a small frame..and they are they are stock in orange , raw and white..but are they the good ones?
    get on the phone and talk to on one i suggest

mtbr member

Everything OK Rob? I was in yesterday and was sure your bike was still in Neil's workshop.
    Neil confirmed the BB is bang on spec with the new frame.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    Everything OK Rob? I was in yesterday and was sure your bike was still in Neil's workshop.
    Neil confirmed the BB is bang on spec with the new frame.
    i picked my bike up this morning after a night shift, so all i've done is take it home, put it away and gone to bed..

that said, neil and i both got similar measurements "pre frame swap" and i've no reason to doubt what he says about the "post frame swap" measurements...

i'm on nights all weekend so it'll be monday afternoon before i get chance to give the bike a thorough once over, and the acid test will be the ride i've got planned for tuesday...

i've got to say though, a big thanks to everyone at on one, they couldn't have been more helpful or efficient

EDIT: meant to say, the rocker (is that what it's called?) is now a nice and shiny silver as opposed to a dull/matt colour.... bonus
    Last edited by rob_g_clarkson; 12-29-2012 at 05:19 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    ok... i hit the trails hard yesterday & the difference was noticeable on the first climb... great news... no more smashed pedals!

this meant i could (and did):

run more sag in the CCDBa
    run less HSC & LSC

totally transformed the bike... and i mean totally... i felt like a new bike all over, which i guess once you have the correct geometry it kind of is....

so to everyone holding off buying one due to the BB height issue, don't sweat it, the current batch (and i'm sure al future batches) are just spot on...

and on-one have been a pleasure to deal with... i'm one very happy chappy

mtbr member
    ok... i hit the trails hard yesterday & the difference was noticeable on the first climb... great news... no more smashed pedals!

run less HSC & LSC

totally transformed the bike... and i mean totally... i felt like a new bike all over, which i guess once you have the correct geometry it kind of is....

so to everyone holding off buying one due to the BB height issue, don't sweat it, the current batch (and i'm sure al future batches) are just spot on...

Great to hear Rob. Thanks for the update.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

run less HSC & LSC

This is good news. I have been riding the V3 with the low BB for 4 months now. I was continually mystified how this frame could be considered so highly given the number of pedal strikes I experienced on each ride. I have absolutely smashed the 170mm arms on my new XT crankset . I am in the process of negotiating the return of my frame. Hopefully OnOne will provide me the same customer service.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    dear Rob,

It's nice to hear you got the new-right frame...can you tell us the BB height now?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by noufa777 View Post
    dear Rob,

It's nice to hear you got the new-right frame...can you tell us the BB height now?
    i'll check again tomorrow, haven't actually measured the height yet, i wanted to test what the real world conditions were like... tyres, fork and headset combo's can make a difference (i've learned )... my prime concern was how it rode, and if it rode well the numbers don't matter a huge amount...

all that said i will get a tape measure and let you know

mtbr member
    all that said i will get a tape measure and let you know
    It would be appreciated
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Neil said it was +/- 1mm from centreline. As per spec.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Has anyone got a link to the geometry chart for the El Guapo V3, can't see it on the on one website

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Neil said it was +/- 1mm from centreline. As per spec.
    the website continues to list BB height on the geometry specs, no mention of centreline . why don't you take a complete bike w/ a 545 a-c fork, common for 160mm, measure the BB height & tell us what it is?
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    the website continues to list BB height on the geometry specs, no mention of centreline . why don't you take a complete bike w/ a 545 a-c fork, common for 160mm, measure the BB height & tell us what it is?
    Where - I have only sped- read the site, but it says "lowered the BB 5mm to give an on-centre static height,"

If the BB is on centre, then BB height will be the same as the distance from the ground to the centre of your wheels, with your tyres on.
    Which you can measure in the privacy of your own home.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Where on the geometry & component sizing section I have only sped- read the site, but it says "lowered the BB 5mm to give an on-centre static height,"

If the BB is on centre, then BB height will be the same as the distance from the ground to the centre of your wheels, with your tyres on.
    Which you can measure in the privacy of your own home.

i don't have the "new" V3 in the privacy of my home
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    i don't have the "new" V3 in the privacy of my home
    Me neither.

But the BB is on wheel centre, and that's fairly easy to measure.

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast