Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 110
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jdcatnau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    522

    Who is ordering a fireline EVO?

    I'm tempted, but I just built a Lurcher.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    342
    That frame is gnawing at me... but my full time student status, and part time self employment are holding me back at the moment. I will probably be craigslisting the road bike in a few more days of agonizing over the titus though...

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    18
    i want to order but i want to know first when is the ETA, i called them the other day and no ETA yet.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by rsrevo View Post
    i want to order but i want to know first when is the ETA, i called them the other day and no ETA yet.
    We have confirmed shipment details as of today - due date in Portland is December 7th which means that they will ship December 10th barring any delays.
    This first run is definitely going to sell out before they arrive though.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: westwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    116
    I ordered one yesterday. Sold my tallboy to purchase it. Excited to try a hardtail.
    Not a MTBR legend.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    342
    Any info on what the build weight will come in at?

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by galbraithrider View Post
    Any info on what the build weight will come in at?

    We don't have a weight yet but will strive to get one and get it on the site as soon as possible. Stay tuned.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    18
    any updated and detailed pics of the frame yet? thanks

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jdcatnau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    522

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eurospek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,306


    That's an awesome job Brant!! Looks sick.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus/On One USA View Post
    We have confirmed shipment details as of today - due date in Portland is December 7th which means that they will ship December 10th barring any delays.
    This first run is definitely going to sell out before they arrive though.
    any update on the frames and new pictures?

    thanks

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: westwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by rsrevo View Post
    any update on the frames and new pictures?

    thanks
    Arrived today. Should ship Monday if you choose to have the decals shipped later. Pics up on face book.
    Not a MTBR legend.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ocean_29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    80
    Rear hub compatibility ?

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,821
    Regular 135x10mm qr

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 2x9x29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    31
    I wanted to buying one until I found out that they were made in china really...How many more jobs are we going to send overseas? It chaps my azz seeing "made in china". Looks like I'm looking at moots or form cycles now!

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jdcatnau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by westwood View Post
    Arrived today. Should ship Monday if you choose to have the decals shipped later. Pics up on face book.
    Can you say what the frames weight?

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: westwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcatnau View Post
    Can you say what the frames weight?
    Sorry, I should have clearified. I am a future owner, just was informed they arrived in Portland last Friday. Fed Ex shows mine arriving this Friday. When I get it I will weigh it.

    I did read somewhere on line that it should be about 3 1/2 lbs, not sure what size they were talking about though.
    Not a MTBR legend.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jdcatnau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by westwood View Post
    Sorry, I should have clearified. I am a future owner, just was informed they arrived in Portland last Friday. Fed Ex shows mine arriving this Friday. When I get it I will weigh it.

    I did read somewhere on line that it should be about 3 1/2 lbs, not sure what size they were talking about though.
    Even better I am curious how the slack HA will handle on a 29er.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7
    I saw above that the rear wheel spacing is going to be 135 x 10, but It would be nice if the ad online gave some critical info like rear wheel spacing, and also if the head tube is tapered, 1 1/8, or 1.5. Just some important things to know if you are planning on starting a parts collection.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by pencil_sr View Post
    I saw above that the rear wheel spacing is going to be 135 x 10, but It would be nice if the ad online gave some critical info like rear wheel spacing, and also if the head tube is tapered, 1 1/8, or 1.5. Just some important things to know if you are planning on starting a parts collection.
    Titus Titanium Fireline 29er Frame

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: westwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    116
    Just got mine. Even better in person. Comes with the new school headtube badge they posted on facebook. Weighed it on a really crappy scale, 3.5lbs for the 18. I am at work right now, but will shoot some pics of the build tonight.
    Not a MTBR legend.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    103
    Pics, Pics, Pics

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: westwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    116
    Teaser shot.

    Edit: Upload failed at work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who is ordering a fireline EVO?-imag0376.jpg  

    Last edited by westwood; 12-14-2012 at 06:16 PM.
    Not a MTBR legend.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: westwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    116
    So, finally got home. Went to put my seat post in to start the build AND it is not 30.9 like stated. Appears to be 31.6. This really stinks since I have a Thompson and a reverb in 30.9. I really do not want to shim, but?? I will contact Titus on Monday. Another weekend with no mountain bike....
    Not a MTBR legend.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    342
    That might actually be good news for me. All my other bikes are 31.6 so I can move parts off one to put on one of these. And I shimmed for while with a 30.9 post on one of my bikes, never any issues with post slipping or anything and have lots of friends running shimmed dropper posts.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •