• 11-15-2012
    jdcatnau
    Who is ordering a fireline EVO?
    I'm tempted, but I just built a Lurcher.
  • 11-15-2012
    galbraithrider
    That frame is gnawing at me... but my full time student status, and part time self employment are holding me back at the moment. I will probably be craigslisting the road bike in a few more days of agonizing over the titus though...
  • 11-15-2012
    rsrevo
    i want to order but i want to know first when is the ETA, i called them the other day and no ETA yet.
  • 11-15-2012
    Titus/On One USA
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by rsrevo View Post
    i want to order but i want to know first when is the ETA, i called them the other day and no ETA yet.

    We have confirmed shipment details as of today - due date in Portland is December 7th which means that they will ship December 10th barring any delays.
    This first run is definitely going to sell out before they arrive though.
  • 11-15-2012
    westwood
    I ordered one yesterday. Sold my tallboy to purchase it. Excited to try a hardtail.
  • 11-17-2012
    galbraithrider
    Any info on what the build weight will come in at?
  • 11-17-2012
    Titus/On One USA
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by galbraithrider View Post
    Any info on what the build weight will come in at?


    We don't have a weight yet but will strive to get one and get it on the site as soon as possible. Stay tuned.
  • 11-19-2012
    rsrevo
    any updated and detailed pics of the frame yet? thanks
  • 11-25-2012
    jdcatnau
    Look what I found on shedfire
  • 11-26-2012
    eurospek


    That's an awesome job Brant!! Looks sick.
  • 12-07-2012
    rsrevo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Titus/On One USA View Post
    We have confirmed shipment details as of today - due date in Portland is December 7th which means that they will ship December 10th barring any delays.
    This first run is definitely going to sell out before they arrive though.

    any update on the frames and new pictures?

    thanks
  • 12-07-2012
    westwood
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by rsrevo View Post
    any update on the frames and new pictures?

    thanks

    Arrived today. Should ship Monday if you choose to have the decals shipped later. Pics up on face book.
  • 12-07-2012
    ocean_29
    Rear hub compatibility ?
  • 12-08-2012
    brant
    Regular 135x10mm qr
  • 12-08-2012
    2x9x29
    I wanted to buying one until I found out that they were made in china :( really...How many more jobs are we going to send overseas? It chaps my azz seeing "made in china". Looks like I'm looking at moots or form cycles now!
  • 12-12-2012
    jdcatnau
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by westwood View Post
    Arrived today. Should ship Monday if you choose to have the decals shipped later. Pics up on face book.

    Can you say what the frames weight?
  • 12-12-2012
    westwood
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jdcatnau View Post
    Can you say what the frames weight?

    Sorry, I should have clearified. I am a future owner, just was informed they arrived in Portland last Friday. Fed Ex shows mine arriving this Friday. When I get it I will weigh it.

    I did read somewhere on line that it should be about 3 1/2 lbs, not sure what size they were talking about though.
  • 12-13-2012
    jdcatnau
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by westwood View Post
    Sorry, I should have clearified. I am a future owner, just was informed they arrived in Portland last Friday. Fed Ex shows mine arriving this Friday. When I get it I will weigh it.

    I did read somewhere on line that it should be about 3 1/2 lbs, not sure what size they were talking about though.

    Even better I am curious how the slack HA will handle on a 29er.
  • 12-14-2012
    pencil_sr
    I saw above that the rear wheel spacing is going to be 135 x 10, but It would be nice if the ad online gave some critical info like rear wheel spacing, and also if the head tube is tapered, 1 1/8, or 1.5. Just some important things to know if you are planning on starting a parts collection. :thumbsup:
  • 12-14-2012
    ansman
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pencil_sr View Post
    I saw above that the rear wheel spacing is going to be 135 x 10, but It would be nice if the ad online gave some critical info like rear wheel spacing, and also if the head tube is tapered, 1 1/8, or 1.5. Just some important things to know if you are planning on starting a parts collection. :thumbsup:

    Titus Titanium Fireline 29er Frame
  • 12-14-2012
    westwood
    Just got mine. Even better in person. Comes with the new school headtube badge they posted on facebook. Weighed it on a really crappy scale, 3.5lbs for the 18. I am at work right now, but will shoot some pics of the build tonight.
  • 12-14-2012
    Dugs
    Pics, Pics, Pics :)
  • 12-14-2012
    westwood
    1 Attachment(s)
    Teaser shot.

    Edit: Upload failed at work.
  • 12-14-2012
    westwood
    So, finally got home. Went to put my seat post in to start the build AND it is not 30.9 like stated. Appears to be 31.6. This really stinks since I have a Thompson and a reverb in 30.9. I really do not want to shim, but?? I will contact Titus on Monday. Another weekend with no mountain bike....
  • 12-14-2012
    galbraithrider
    That might actually be good news for me. All my other bikes are 31.6 so I can move parts off one to put on one of these. And I shimmed for while with a 30.9 post on one of my bikes, never any issues with post slipping or anything and have lots of friends running shimmed dropper posts.
  • 12-14-2012
    westwood
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by galbraithrider View Post
    That might actually be good news for me. All my other bikes are 31.6 so I can move parts off one to put on one of these. And I shimmed for while with a 30.9 post on one of my bikes, never any issues with post slipping or anything and have lots of friends running shimmed dropper posts.

    A shim will not be a big deal. Just bummed because I had time to build it tonight, and now I have to try to source a shim tomorrow. I am in the middle of moving and time is scarce these days.
  • 12-15-2012
    galbraithrider
    Can of Mountain Dew will work as a shim if your in a pinch and want to ride that bike this weekend! And I want you to ride that bike cause I'm looking forward to a ride review!
  • 12-15-2012
    jdcatnau
    Curious too
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by galbraithrider View Post
    That might actually be good news for me. All my other bikes are 31.6 so I can move parts off one to put on one of these. And I shimmed for while with a 30.9 post on one of my bikes, never any issues with post slipping or anything and have lots of friends running shimmed dropper posts.

    Debating whether or not to sell my Lurcher which I built a few months ago and get this instead. I'm just curious if the ride is the same as:

    World Exclusive: Report #4: On One Titanium Long Travel 29"er

    I know there are differences between the two but there's a lot of similarities too.
  • 12-15-2012
    brant
    The Fireline Evo has no heritage relating to that model.
    Quote:

    Hugely over sized tubing (45 mm diameter down tube, 34 mm diameter)
    Fireline Evo features a 45mm downtube diameter and 38mm top tube.
  • 12-15-2012
    brant
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by westwood View Post
    So, finally got home. Went to put my seat post in to start the build AND it is not 30.9 like stated. Appears to be 31.6. This really stinks since I have a Thompson and a reverb in 30.9. I really do not want to shim, but?? I will contact Titus on Monday. Another weekend with no mountain bike....

    I am sorry to hear that. We will correct the site if that's the case, as it would appear that it's not been QC'd at goods in and a notice passed to content/preorder customers advised.

    How that has happened, I'll take up with the factory.
  • 12-15-2012
    IAmHolland
    What is the largest width tire that can fit?
  • 12-15-2012
    Entrenador
    Drifting off topic a bit, sort of.

    Short version: How does climbing a hill on something slackish like this compare to doing so on an XC oriented 29er? More specifically, does it require relatively more stamina over a given length of trail?

    I'm not talking about bike weight here, but more about efficiency and comfort. I'm able to stay in shape enough to enjoy 20-30 mile / 4,000' gain rides every weekend, doing so on an XC-ish bike (70/73 angles, 17.3CS, etc). My bike is somewhat slacker than my previous 29er, but certainly not so much as the Fireline EVO. I'm curious about this, but I'm concerned that all things being equal, I'll be less efficient on something this trail-oriented.

    Are my concerns warranted, or is the seated climbing position comparable to less-slack bikes?

    Also, more specific: Does the US dealer have a demo bike available to pedal in Portland, OR? I might be in town in a week or so, and throwing a leg over one would certainly help resolve an concerns/anxieties relating to the proximity of a hands on experience. I'll send a message to inquire, but just wondering if Shiggy or someone else might be able to clarify.

    Cheers.
  • 12-16-2012
    Axe
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by galbraithrider View Post
    That might actually be good news for me. All my other bikes are 31.6 so I can move parts off one to put on one of these. And I shimmed for while with a 30.9 post on one of my bikes, never any issues with post slipping or anything and have lots of friends running shimmed dropper posts.

    Beer can shim, or did somebody finally made a 30.9-31.6 shim.. 31.6 is better, I think.. a tad more choice.
  • 12-16-2012
    Axe
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by 2x9x29 View Post
    How many more jobs are we going to send overseas?

    On one is a UK company. US is overseas. Old Titus was bankrupt. Did it help any US jobs?

    ...I wish I had a spare $2K to make a political statement, but I would rather keep riding Taiwan made titanium Motobecane (though should move to 29er.. thus looking.) and spend that difference on my kids education.
  • 12-16-2012
    Titus/On One USA
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Entrenador View Post
    Drifting off topic a bit, sort of.

    Also, more specific: Does the US dealer have a demo bike available to pedal in Portland, OR? I might be in town in a week or so, and throwing a leg over one would certainly help resolve an concerns/anxieties relating to the proximity of a hands on experience. I'll send a message to inquire, but just wondering if Shiggy or someone else might be able to clarify.

    Cheers.

    We just received the frames in our Portland facility.
    We will definitely be building one up to have in our showroom/demo, but unlikely that it will be completed this coming week.
    What size would you be interested in?
    By all means, come by and take a look a the frames though.
  • 12-18-2012
    SEA_MTBR
    Ride review please... Anyone?
  • 12-20-2012
    jdcatnau
    West wood, have had a chance to ride it yet? Impressions?
  • 12-21-2012
    PattyCroas
    We'll post some detailed shots of our test build on our Facebook page this afternoon.
  • 12-22-2012
    Dugs
    Here is mine, pic taken on a very wet day in the UK!

  • 12-23-2012
    zoorlen
    Titus should keep the frame without stickers: it looks awesome. What chainguide is that? MRP?
  • 12-23-2012
    jdcatnau
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Dugs View Post
    Here is mine, pic taken on a very wet day in the UK!


    How's the ride?
  • 12-23-2012
    Dugs
    I did a ride review here on page 9 :)

    Chainguide is Superstar (its getting replaced though as rubbish!)

    Titus Fireline Ti 29 Evo.. Singletrack Forum
  • 12-24-2012
    zoorlen
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Dugs View Post
    I did a ride review here on page 9 :)

    Chainguide is Superstar (its getting replaced though as rubbish!)

    Titus Fireline Ti 29 Evo.. Singletrack Forum

    Hey, your fork has turned to black! ;)

    It's a 20", right? How tall are you? How's the fit? I'm 1.83 tall with long legs: 90cm inseam, 80cm saddle height. I'm considering a 20" with a 60mm stem... what do you think? I'm also intrigued by 1x10, but I don't know if my trails/style/shape are suited to that gearing. Currently I have a really low 22x36 on a SJ FSR 29" and I use it quite often on steep and techy singletrack climbs... don't know if a lower front-end and the absence of rear suspension would allow me to stand up on pedals more easily. Are you using a 32t front ring? Is there any way to use a 28t-30t chainring (apart from using the supe-expensive XX1)?

    Thank you (and happy Christmas!)
  • 12-24-2012
    Dugs
    Yep its a 20". I am 1.89m with 89 inseam and use 80 cm saddle height. Sounds like Im a bit longer in the torso and you may find the 18" suits better. Try comparing the top tube length with your existing bike.

    Fork changed from a Rev 140 (reduced to 120) to a Sid 120, but the Rev is definately stiffer! I use 24/38 front on my Trance X 29 but the Evo is pretty light (now 25lb 10oz) and climbs well so the high gearing isn't an issue. Yes its a 32T front ring, if you use a SRAM chainset (X7, X9, X0 etc) you can get smaller spiderless front rings that are pretty cool from:

    How to manufacture your own spiderless chainring
  • 12-24-2012
    qbert2000
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Beer can shim, or did somebody finally made a 30.9-31.6 shim.. 31.6 is better, I think.. a tad more choice.

    use did make one and will again if you place an order. i used a use 31.6mm-32.4mm and just trimmed 4mm off it to make it fit. i read that it would work on a forum somewhere. it did work perfectly and was in stock and cheaper through crc than ordering the 31.6-30.9 through use.
  • 12-28-2012
    ocean_29
    ti fireline EVO HT is sick and clean. Very good job. Clever bridge.:thumbsup:

    Wondering how could be a 100mm travel 510mm AC on it
    with 2 or 1 chairings of course .... for a fair amount of BB to ground clearance...

    BTW
    is there an alloy HT 29er with...
    you know all these fashion stuff... short CS, slack, etc.. that could handle 100-120 mm fork ...on plan?


    what happened to this?
    http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdn...ail-29er01.jpg
  • 12-29-2012
    bikengineer
    quick help on wheelbase for fireline EVO?
    It would be a great help if one of you lucky guys with the frame would measure the wheelbase on your built bike, any size. Just specify the fork travel and the frame size and I'll work with what you can give and a conversion table.

    Would be a big help.

    Thanks so much and happy holidays.
  • 01-14-2013
    eurospek
    Titus Titanium Fileline Limited Edition 29er Frame

    Save over $300 on 16" and 18" if you're handy with a file. :D
  • 01-15-2013
    galbraithrider
    Nice, why do deals like this only seem to come around when your broke?
  • 01-17-2013
    jallll
    one ordered.... and shipped in four hours :eek::eek::eek::eek: