Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Far as the RS tech says, no, only 140mm and 150mm. This move of theirs to Solo Air really does make it more of a PITA to switch travel settings, not to mention the now actual cost of having to purchase separate air springs depending on the travel you want. FYI, from the posts I've read from owners of both Pike and F34's, a 140mm F34 is only a few MM shorter A2C than the Pike @ 150mm, so hardly any effect on geo if you do go for the 150mm PIKE.
    Good to know. I haven't looked too much into the tech docs yet (just charger details, now that looks tasty). Might have to start checking cross compatibility to drop it with my old solo air spring/ possibly lowers swap a frankenfork.. but then the charger might not fit hmm.

What I've seen posted for Pike solo models- 575mm for the 160mm and 551mm for the 140mm. If those are true it seems Orbit E ZS would still be needed @ 140mm

Damn new solo air.. old solo spring would be a neat way to drop

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FM View Post
    I've got the 150mm. I am pretty sure the travel can be reduced, but not sure if it can be increased from 150 to 160... don't really feel the need tho. Awesome fork!
    Travel can be increased to 160mm, albeit with another cartridge. I plan on giving this a go in the spring for mine.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    By the way- 20% off titus frames through planet-X today = $760 shipped for a fireline frame!
    Details in this thread.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Pitchers!

The fireline will get the parts off my Kona, including a 140mm fox 34rlc. I may reduce the travel, will ride it first and then decide. 120 is a sweet spot on 29er hardtail IMO, but it's really about getting the right fork length for handling.
    I like to set travel 10mm lower when the front end starts to rise on a new rig.

Titus Geo- "optimised around an 120mm travel suspension fork (526mm a-c, 15mm lower external headset cup)"

Your fox a 1 1/8? feeling the need to lower the bars or travel or both???

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post
    Your fox a 1 1/8? feeling the need to lower the bars or travel or both???
    Long story, lots of thoughts. I will write up a longer review after I've got a few more rides in and played with the cockpit.

Quick update for now though.... ended up picking up a fireline Evo 29 from titususa, for $750 shipped during the planet-X holiday sale. Great customer service from Titus, Michael took time to measure the 16 & 18" frames for me.

The frame looks great- clean welds, alignment appears perfect, 31.6mm seatpost fit just right, no issues with the brake mount. The build went clean and easy, I actually threw it together quickly with the same chain and cables from my Kona Honzo so I could get a ride in sunday.

So sunday was a great ride, this is basically what I was hoping for. The geometry is interesting, slacker seat angle than the Honzo means the bike feels a bit strecthed out while seated & pedaling, but feels nice and compact while descending out of the saddle. The 18" fireline is actually close to the small honzo in terms of reach. Overall the gometry is really close to the chromag 29'ers... 13" BB with a 140 fork & 2.35's.

Tall head tube, 140 tapered fork & external headset has me wanting the bars a bit lower. I'm gonna try some chromag flat bars (on the way). Might drop the fork 10mm to reduce wheel flop. Will also be swapping out the brakes & cables.

Ride quality is great, built up super light and I'm happy with the geometry & fit. She's a keeper!

more to come.....(including better pictures)
    Who is ordering a fireline EVO?-fireline.jpg

mtbr member
    Very nice and that was quick!!!

beater

Who is ordering a fireline EVO?

Looking forward to seeing more.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Very nice and that was quick!!!
    yeah...holiday sale pushed me over the edge. shipping from portland to seattle=fast. It was like <72hrs between my online purchase and the frame showing up on my doorstep. I think I spent less than an hour building it up LOL.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Long story, lots of thoughts...The frame looks great- clean welds, alignment appears perfect, 31.6mm seatpost fit just right, no issues with the brake mount. The build went clean and easy....13" BB with a 140 fork & 2.35's.
    Very cool. 20 almost seems like a modernized Motolite (a mixed between medium and large). Had two of those.. Got one of the ML1 a size down and rode it like a bmx. Fun as hell to ride, could really flip that thing around

FM
    luxatio erecta

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5