Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by galbraithrider View Post
    That might actually be good news for me. All my other bikes are 31.6 so I can move parts off one to put on one of these. And I shimmed for while with a 30.9 post on one of my bikes, never any issues with post slipping or anything and have lots of friends running shimmed dropper posts.
    A shim will not be a big deal. Just bummed because I had time to build it tonight, and now I have to try to source a shim tomorrow. I am in the middle of moving and time is scarce these days.
    Not a MTBR legend.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Can of Mountain Dew will work as a shim if your in a pinch and want to ride that bike this weekend! And I want you to ride that bike cause I'm looking forward to a ride review!

mtbr member

Curious too

That might actually be good news for me. All my other bikes are 31.6 so I can move parts off one to put on one of these. And I shimmed for while with a 30.9 post on one of my bikes, never any issues with post slipping or anything and have lots of friends running shimmed dropper posts.
    Debating whether or not to sell my Lurcher which I built a few months ago and get this instead. I'm just curious if the ride is the same as:

World Exclusive: Report #4: On One Titanium Long Travel 29"er

I know there are differences between the two but there's a lot of similarities too.

mtbr member
    The Fireline Evo has no heritage relating to that model.
    Hugely over sized tubing (45 mm diameter down tube, 34 mm diameter)
    Fireline Evo features a 45mm downtube diameter and 38mm top tube.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by westwood View Post
    So, finally got home. Went to put my seat post in to start the build AND it is not 30.9 like stated. Appears to be 31.6. This really stinks since I have a Thompson and a reverb in 30.9. I really do not want to shim, but?? I will contact Titus on Monday. Another weekend with no mountain bike....
    I am sorry to hear that. We will correct the site if that's the case, as it would appear that it's not been QC'd at goods in and a notice passed to content/preorder customers advised.

How that has happened, I'll take up with the factory.

Wēk Ss
    What is the largest width tire that can fit?

Uncle
    Drifting off topic a bit, sort of.

Short version: How does climbing a hill on something slackish like this compare to doing so on an XC oriented 29er? More specifically, does it require relatively more stamina over a given length of trail?

I'm not talking about bike weight here, but more about efficiency and comfort. I'm able to stay in shape enough to enjoy 20-30 mile / 4,000' gain rides every weekend, doing so on an XC-ish bike (70/73 angles, 17.3CS, etc). My bike is somewhat slacker than my previous 29er, but certainly not so much as the Fireline EVO. I'm curious about this, but I'm concerned that all things being equal, I'll be less efficient on something this trail-oriented.

Are my concerns warranted, or is the seated climbing position comparable to less-slack bikes?

Also, more specific: Does the US dealer have a demo bike available to pedal in Portland, OR? I might be in town in a week or so, and throwing a leg over one would certainly help resolve an concerns/anxieties relating to the proximity of a hands on experience. I'll send a message to inquire, but just wondering if Shiggy or someone else might be able to clarify.

Cheers.
    Eat, ride, eat, rest, repeat.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Beer can shim, or did somebody finally made a 30.9-31.6 shim.. 31.6 is better, I think.. a tad more choice.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by 2x9x29 View Post
    How many more jobs are we going to send overseas?
    On one is a UK company. US is overseas. Old Titus was bankrupt. Did it help any US jobs?

...I wish I had a spare $2K to make a political statement, but I would rather keep riding Taiwan made titanium Motobecane (though should move to 29er.. thus looking.) and spend that difference on my kids education.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Entrenador View Post
    Drifting off topic a bit, sort of.

Also, more specific: Does the US dealer have a demo bike available to pedal in Portland, OR? I might be in town in a week or so, and throwing a leg over one would certainly help resolve an concerns/anxieties relating to the proximity of a hands on experience. I'll send a message to inquire, but just wondering if Shiggy or someone else might be able to clarify.

Cheers.
    We just received the frames in our Portland facility.
    We will definitely be building one up to have in our showroom/demo, but unlikely that it will be completed this coming week.
    What size would you be interested in?
    By all means, come by and take a look a the frames though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Ride review please... Anyone?

mtbr member
    West wood, have had a chance to ride it yet? Impressions?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    We'll post some detailed shots of our test build on our Facebook page this afternoon.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Here is mine, pic taken on a very wet day in the UK!

mtbr member
    Titus should keep the frame without stickers: it looks awesome. What chainguide is that? MRP?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugs View Post
    Here is mine, pic taken on a very wet day in the UK!

How's the ride?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I did a ride review here on page 9

Chainguide is Superstar (its getting replaced though as rubbish!)

Titus Fireline Ti 29 Evo.. Singletrack Forum

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugs View Post
    I did a ride review here on page 9

Chainguide is Superstar (its getting replaced though as rubbish!)

Titus Fireline Ti 29 Evo.. Singletrack Forum
    Hey, your fork has turned to black!

It's a 20", right? How tall are you? How's the fit? I'm 1.83 tall with long legs: 90cm inseam, 80cm saddle height. I'm considering a 20" with a 60mm stem... what do you think? I'm also intrigued by 1x10, but I don't know if my trails/style/shape are suited to that gearing. Currently I have a really low 22x36 on a SJ FSR 29" and I use it quite often on steep and techy singletrack climbs... don't know if a lower front-end and the absence of rear suspension would allow me to stand up on pedals more easily. Are you using a 32t front ring? Is there any way to use a 28t-30t chainring (apart from using the supe-expensive XX1)?

Thank you (and happy Christmas!)

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Yep its a 20". I am 1.89m with 89 inseam and use 80 cm saddle height. Sounds like Im a bit longer in the torso and you may find the 18" suits better. Try comparing the top tube length with your existing bike.

Fork changed from a Rev 140 (reduced to 120) to a Sid 120, but the Rev is definately stiffer! I use 24/38 front on my Trance X 29 but the Evo is pretty light (now 25lb 10oz) and climbs well so the high gearing isn't an issue. Yes its a 32T front ring, if you use a SRAM chainset (X7, X9, X0 etc) you can get smaller spiderless front rings that are pretty cool from:

How to manufacture your own spiderless chainring

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Beer can shim, or did somebody finally made a 30.9-31.6 shim.. 31.6 is better, I think.. a tad more choice.
    use did make one and will again if you place an order. i used a use 31.6mm-32.4mm and just trimmed 4mm off it to make it fit. i read that it would work on a forum somewhere. it did work perfectly and was in stock and cheaper through crc than ordering the 31.6-30.9 through use.

mtbr member
    ti fireline EVO HT is sick and clean. Very good job. Clever bridge.

Wondering how could be a 100mm travel 510mm AC on it
    with 2 or 1 chairings of course .... for a fair amount of BB to ground clearance...

BTW
    is there an alloy HT 29er with...
    you know all these fashion stuff... short CS, slack, etc.. that could handle 100-120 mm fork ...on plan?

what happened to this?
    http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdn...ail-29er01.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

quick help on wheelbase for fireline EVO?

It would be a great help if one of you lucky guys with the frame would measure the wheelbase on your built bike, any size. Just specify the fork travel and the frame size and I'll work with what you can give and a conversion table.

Would be a big help.

Thanks so much and happy holidays.

mtbr member
    Titus Titanium Fileline Limited Edition 29er Frame

Save over $300 on 16" and 18" if you're handy with a file.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Nice, why do deals like this only seem to come around when your broke?

mtbr member
    one ordered.... and shipped in four hours

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast