mtbr member
    Dec 2009

New question here. Who else has DHX RC4 ?

Does yours have too much compression.. or rebound too slow?

Mine was great at first, has a ton of adjustments (came from air shock though). I've tried a couple springs, some ti, and now that I know RC4 capabilities, the end result feels just outside of awesome. Been on this coil a couple years and tried everything, sent it back last year, still feels constipated. Guap is always in tip top shape, so I know it's not the bike

*Maybe Fox has the wrong information for travel on EG?
    Last edited by Deerhill; 01-31-2013 at 05:28 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Hsr

About halved, see if this gets me a useable range
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who else has DHX RC4 ?-hsr.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Hard to believe no one has RC4?

Shock has a good lot of shims to work with on rebound and compression and the quality of travel has really come alive. Compared to how it rides now, the stock setup made the mid to square edge hits feel harsh and would use more travel. Squirts through rock garden much faster now and I dont have to run rebound so open

I can't wait to put my big tires back on and make a couple more changes, largest shim is something like 23 mm down to 12 mm, can remember wrote them down.. The stock gap/check plate was way off, much too firm. The positive changes make me want to look at other shocks too, wish I had pdfs so I could easily look through

When I ordered the shock I couldn't just buy a 8.5" x 2.5", they asked for make/model/rider weight etc. so kind of seemed like it would be custom valved, though I didn't specifically ask if it was. I'm thinking that's just to get lengths right with a recommended spring, and the valving on this end must be a generic set up