Trophy Husband

Whistler + 06 Supermoto =

A really effing good time!!!!

Ok, I was a little worried about both the DHX-air and the short wheelbase of the 2006 supermoto at whizzler. Boy, was I wrong. I loved how the bike handled...especially in the air. It also excelled at rocky and rooty trails like No Joke.

I worried about high-speed instability due to the short wheel base, but I honestly didn't feel unsafe at top speed, even on the super bumpy section of lower A-Line. The bike handled like a champ...except for snapping a few spokes after casing the new HUGE step-up on Dirt Merchant.

I love this bike. It handles tight single track, technical stunts and even Whistler extremely well. I hope people get to ride this bike during the demo tour this year.
    Extreme stationary biker.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Killer!

Any chance you are heading up towards the end of the month? I will be up there july 21-30

I suck at whistler but it's so much fun! My fave line: in deep>fatcrobat>in deep>too tight>lower A-line

PS- I hooked up with Bill Hawk, Corey and crew yesterday- we did about 4hrs of hard trailwork on Galby, on a new trail near Shawns. I was reallly impressed- those guys showed up with multiple chainsaws, gas-powered wee-wackers, plenty of shovels, pulaskis, axes, etc plus food and water for all. We got a lot done!

I am bummed though- afterwods we did a quick rip down Evo, my 66 is having issues, no rebound damping at all. Sent me into a tree actually. I am praying I can get it fixed before whistler.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Where's that "This thread is useless without pictures" picture? Because this needs it. Ironically useless addition to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by FM
    I am bummed though- afterwods we did a quick rip down Evo, my 66 is having issues, no rebound damping at all. Sent me into a tree actually. I am praying I can get it fixed before whistler.
    Ow? Any injury from that?

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicider
    Ow? Any injury from that?
    LOL..... funny you should ask- sorry for the threadjacking

I do have a scrape on my shin below my knee, doesn't look bad but I can tell the shin bone is bruised a bit. And I was wearing pads- It could have been a lot worse.

The worst part was having to pass all the super-sweet new drops on the rest of the trail- the looked so fun and all my buddies were hitting them. Then I got a flat and my hands cramped while I was fixing it.

mtbr member

Good job! Finally - an '06 SM report!

Great news about the DHX-A!

With the "stuck-down" issue as pervasive as it's been, I harbor great distrust of the air shock for FR use. Guess the leverage ratio on the SM is right on for the DHX!

Please post further impressions / developments! I'm seriousy considering upsizing my '05 med to an '06 large, and need to overcome my fear. Demo day is a month away!

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollin'in'Zona
    Great news about the DHX-A!

With the "stuck-down" issue as pervasive as it's been, I harbor great distrust of the air shock for FR use. Guess the leverage ratio on the SM is right on for the DHX!

Please post further impressions / developments! I'm seriousy considering upsizing my '05 med to an '06 large, and need to overcome my fear. Demo day is a month away!
    RinZ, I too still "harbor great distrust" of the stuck down issues regarding the DHX-air. Time will tell on that. Another big complaint among other users is how the shock blows through travel easily...and in fact, the shock does do that, but it's one of the features I enjoy. I mean, this is a FR bike and it's supposed to feel plush, which it does. I'm still dialing this baby in, but I'm getting close. It is exceedingly tuneable. After the second run at Whister I had dialed the bottom-out and all was good to go the rest of the day. For the record, I weigh about two-hundy with gear and do not go particularly huge.

All in all, I'm impressed by the shock and can't wait to get back up to Whistler and ride again. For now, I'm stuck in AK looking for SUV juice.

FM, I hope to get back to Whistler by the end of the month and would love to hook up. The timing is job dependant though.

cheers
    Extreme stationary biker.

"Its All Good"
    [QUOTE=geolover]The bike handled like a champ...except for snapping a few spokes after casing the new HUGE step-up on Dirt Merchant./QUOTE]

G Lover, ya maka me laugh, I dont go big, but ya snapped a few spokes doing a new HUGE step up.................. We dont believe ya, I think you go HUGE...................... Good on ya, miss those days of going huge.........................
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"