Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 83
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ORYX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    174

    Where did it go...is the issue resolved

    I may be blind????? But I swear I saw a post that featured a cracked carbon seatsaty from a racer x a couple of hours ago. Where did it go, has the issue been resolved?
    My wife thinks I am nuts for spending this much on a bike. I tell her I think I am nuts for spending that much on her Diamond ring!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    996
    You are correct - the post has vanished

  3. #3
    K n e e m o i
    Reputation: Daffunda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    506
    yeah, I was thinkin that too. Maybe some die hard Titus fan didn't want everyone to find out that someone got a cracked carbon seatstay, so went inside and deleted it. I hope it was just a fluke and they didn't go in and delete the post. That would be just wrong. Fact is fact. No company is perfect, hence things happen.

    Maybe a Yeti ASR-SL fan will come in here and bash Titus now.

    "Prison sports are really fun. I get used as a frisbee, a dartboard, and a second base!" - Kneemoi

  4. #4
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    True, that is real odd. Only a mod could do that.............. Warp, can you shed any light on the matter..................Real odd, there was no untoward wording etc on there, the dude wa not p i s s e d with Titus..................

    mmmmmmmm somethings rotting in Denmark....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  5. #5
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,841

    Rumour Control....

    Hi guys!

    The thread is gone under Original Poster's request.

    It was his thread and he wanted it deleted.

    No shady stuff.

    Regards,
    Warp

    EDIT... As far as I understand, the issue will be resolved to his entire satisfaction, but giving any more details or not is his sole discretion.
    Check my Site

  6. #6
    Get out of town!
    Reputation: Ridin'Dirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,443
    Actually I decided to ask Warp to delete the post. I agree with you Daffunda that things happen, and the isolated incident that I dealt with in no way reflects the quality of a 06 Racer X design. I think it was evident from my original post that I never intended to imply that. I'm not apologizing for the original post because there is nothing wrong with posting MY experience with MY bike. At the same time I didn't want an unfair smear campaign to start because of it either so I asked that it be pulled.


    BTW - As most of you could have guessed they are going to send me a new replacement upper right away. Actually they are sending it overnight.
    "You can't discern by calculating in your mind how it will work. You have to feel how it rides differently to understand."

  7. #7
    Get out of town!
    Reputation: Ridin'Dirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,443
    Now if you'll excuse me my local bike shop loaned me a Maverick ML7 to use for a couple of days and I'm gonna go tear it up!
    "You can't discern by calculating in your mind how it will work. You have to feel how it rides differently to understand."

  8. #8
    Ti is addictive
    Reputation: TiEndo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,894
    Geez, we're getting as bad as the homers here with all the innuendo and conspiracy theories (oh no Jerk will jump me for this comment). TitusJeff posted that problem was addressed, so problem is being resolved. Considering nothing is 100% in this world, one case of a issue (which has been resolved) should not cause all of us to start thinking armageddon is around the corner. Poster did a good job asking thread to be pulled as a question sometimes causes a witchhunt.

  9. #9
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,841
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    Geez, we're getting as bad as the homers here with all the innuendo and conspiracy theories (oh no Jerk will jump me for this comment). TitusJeff posted that problem was addressed, so problem is being resolved. Considering nothing is 100% in this world, one case of a issue (which has been resolved) should not cause all of us to start thinking armageddon is around the corner. Poster did a good job asking thread to be pulled as a question sometimes causes a witchhunt.
    WORD!

    Amen, Bro!
    Check my Site

  10. #10
    K n e e m o i
    Reputation: Daffunda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by jsnk1975
    BTW - As most of you could have guessed they are going to send me a new replacement upper right away. Actually they are sending it overnight.
    Wow, that is impressive. Shows how they care about the customers. Are they sending just the rear triangle or the whole frame?
    "Prison sports are really fun. I get used as a frisbee, a dartboard, and a second base!" - Kneemoi

  11. #11
    Homer's problem child
    Reputation: Bortis Yelltzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,322
    I read that this morning. I thought the response from Titus was a little strange. The Titus guy basically said "Titus would appreciate you contacting us first about a broken Titus rather than posting it for the world to see and then contacting Titus". Definitely came across to me as a Titus CYA post but I understand where they are coming from. The way I read it was "please don't tell people you broke a carbon seatstay on a Racer-X, we don't know if there is a probelm with the carbon stays yet, and we sure don't want potential new customers to see a broken carbon stay until we do know if there is a problem or not, let's keep this between us for now mmmmmmmmmk".

    I guess I would rather see both. Post it for the world to see and then post updates on how Titus is treating the problem and whether or not it is a one of a kind breakage or if it is something other Racer-X owners need to keep an eye out for. That way good, bad or ugly the story gets told. Now with the post being deleted we'll never know the whole story unless an update thread is posted.

    My $0.02

    B
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro....

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ORYX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    174
    Just want to say thanks for clearing up the issue. By no meens was I looking to start trouble, Although I have a vested interest in the subject. I have a 24hr starting Sat with my ride getting tweaked right now at the shop. I found some play in the rear....just the wheel. But will look at the carbon tomorrow.

    Have fun on the Mav.
    My wife thinks I am nuts for spending this much on a bike. I tell her I think I am nuts for spending that much on her Diamond ring!

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    211
    Well said Bortis!!. I noticed the post, and would still like to know if it was a manufacturing defect or a field failure. Of course, no manufacturer ever wants failures publicized, but this kind of info shows up here all the time. Original poster, it is your right to delete, but ask yourself what if everyone reacted this way and pulled information back from the public? I have a new Titus RX by the way, and for anyone interested in knowing, it is absolutely one of the finest bikes available in the world.

  14. #14
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    I think this is more of the Titus board "cover up" attitude we see here. Even though the issue is resolved, people should see it, as this is a consumer site. The problem could even be a simple case of one in the whole batch, but people should still know what happened. Titus CS resolved it and it's done.

  15. #15
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377

    Interesting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    I think this is more of the Titus board "cover up" attitude we see here. Even though the issue is resolved, people should see it, as this is a consumer site. The problem could even be a simple case of one in the whole batch, but people should still know what happened. Titus CS resolved it and it's done.

    With the exception of the first sentence, you've got an excalent point...


    I need to go lye down.

  16. #16
    ಠ_ಠ
    Reputation: dulyebr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,192
    You know what, there was a series of pictures of an blue Industry Nine front wheel exploding from under some guy doing a hard turn in a full face helmet in what must have been a race. I was telling somebody about it, and spent way too long looking for it again. But, no luck... either I'm slipping or those have been removed as well.

  17. #17
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Well, if anything, they lead to good discussions here and the manufacturers are given a public forum with perhaps the shortest and best route to the consumers. I9 went on the Turner board to give their side of their product, to the satisfaction of many. This in depth info would not have ever been known if it wasn't for those threads. Simple things as unadvertised features and spoke wrench sizes, to how they engage. Titus should embrace this and truthfully, at that. So should the board members here.

  18. #18
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    You know what, there was a series of pictures of an blue Industry Nine front wheel exploding from under some guy doing a hard turn in a full face helmet in what must have been a race. I was telling somebody about it, and spent way too long looking for it again. But, no luck... either I'm slipping or those have been removed as well.


    I saw that pic... It's gone???

  19. #19
    Get out of town!
    Reputation: Ridin'Dirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,443
    All good points. Obviously I am not a designer and I can only guess at what the problem was. I think the folks at Titus would be much better suited to provide an answer but should be given the benefit of being able to see the seat stay in person before doing so. The idea that they would try to cover something up is laughable to me - I think we can all agree that they have proven they know a thing or two about how to build bikes.
    Last edited by Ridin'Dirty; 08-17-2006 at 06:51 PM.
    "You can't discern by calculating in your mind how it will work. You have to feel how it rides differently to understand."

  20. #20
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by jsnk1975
    All good points. Obviously I am not a designer and I can only guess at what the problem was. I think the folks at Titus would be much better suited to provide an answer but should be given the benefit of being able to see the seat stay in person before doing so. The idea that they would try to cover something up is laughable to me - I think we can all agree that they have proven they know a thing or two about how to build bikes.
    Who? Vyatek? What they do is clearly written on their site, as well as their intent with not keeping Chris around and in going with Pat Hus.

  21. #21
    Homer's problem child
    Reputation: Bortis Yelltzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by jsnk1975
    All good points. Obviously I am not a designer and I can only guess at what the problem was. I think the folks at Titus would be much better suited to provide an answer but should be given the benefit of being able to see the seat stay in person before doing so. The idea that they would try to cover something up is laughable to me - I think we can all agree that they have proven they know a thing or two about how to build bikes.
    I am a composites design engineer and I have several guesses as to what the problem is/was, looked like a delamination, could be caused by porosity in the laminate, edge loading, and several other things. Unfortunately all my guesses will only be confirmed if we actually get to see more of them. Based on what I saw I expect to see more as time goes on, hopefully they get posted.

    B

    PS - as a composites guy these are the type of failures that scare me away from putting composites on my own mountain bike.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro....

  22. #22
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Who? Vyatek? What they do is clearly written on their site, as well as their intent with not keeping Chris around and in going with Pat Hus.


    What's your problem???

  23. #23
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377

    Good For You!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bortis Yelltzen
    I am a composites design engineer and I have several guesses as to what the problem is/was, looked like a delamination, could be caused by porosity in the laminate, edge loading, and several other things. Unfortunately all my guesses will only be confirmed if we actually get to see more of them. Based on what I saw I expect to see more as time goes on, hopefully they get posted.

    B

    PS - as a composites guy these are the type of failures that scare me away from putting composites on my own mountain bike.

    Is it me or is the Titus board the only one where if somebody has an honest problem, they've gotta get kicked in the balls. And have the quality of thier bikes entire line impuned quistiened, and dragged through the dirt.

    Hey Boretz, did you know Titus is not the only company making carbon stay's. Ya know theres also company's making whole carbon bikes. Was this you're dream, is this what you've been waiting for??? For one guy to finnally have what barly amounts to a crack, so you could pounce!

    Get over yourself...

  24. #24
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    What's your problem???
    The lies on this particular board.

  25. #25
    Get out of town!
    Reputation: Ridin'Dirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Who? Vyatek? What they do is clearly written on their site, as well as their intent with not keeping Chris around and in going with Pat Hus.
    We aren't talking about the Racer X anymore then? You just said in an earlier post that these issues lead to good points and discussions.
    "You can't discern by calculating in your mind how it will work. You have to feel how it rides differently to understand."

  26. #26
    Homer's problem child
    Reputation: Bortis Yelltzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Is it me or is the Titus board the only one where if somebody has an honest problem, they've gotta get kicked in the balls. And have the quality of thier bikes entire line impuned quistiened, and dragged through the dirt.

    Hey Boretz, did you know Titus is not the only company making carbon stay's. Ya know theres also company's making whole carbon bikes. Was this you're dream, is this what you've been waiting for??? For one guy to finnally have what barly amounts to a crack, so you could pounce!

    Get over yourself...
    Unfortunately I'm gonna take your bait. Sorry pal.

    Yes I am aware of other companies making carbon bikes and stays, and Trek has had many many broken OCLV frames. Don't ever take a small crack in a composite for granted, even a tiny scratch for that matter. When composites fail they fail catastrophically.

    Sorry if I am passionate enough about my career to take interest in my free time when I see composites fail. Did it ever occur to you that maybe some folks on these boards know some things about stuff that might be relavent and even helpful even though they don't align themselves with your view of the issue? Wasn't trying to knock Titus in my post and I thought that was pretty clear, I was just adding my $0.02. Until I get the all mighty Blackanus approval to post in the Titus board I'll steer clear, even if I may be able to provide some helpful information.

    Over and out,
    B
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro....

  27. #27
    Get out of town!
    Reputation: Ridin'Dirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Bortis Yelltzen
    Unfortunately I'm gonna take your bait. Sorry pal.

    Yes I am aware of other companies making carbon bikes and stays, and Trek has had many many broken OCLV frames. Don't ever take a small crack in a composite for granted, even a tiny scratch for that matter. When composites fail they fail catastrophically.

    Sorry if I am passionate enough about my career to take interest in my free time when I see composites fail. Did it ever occur to you that maybe some folks on these boards know some things about stuff that might be relavent and even helpful even though they don't align themselves with your view of the issue? Wasn't trying to knock Titus in my post and I thought that was pretty clear, I was just adding my $0.02. Until I get the all mighty Blackanus approval to post in the Titus board I'll steer clear, even if I may be able to provide some helpful information.

    Over and out,
    B
    I have to agree. I took no offense to your post and actually appreciate the input. It shouldn't matter to us that we all prefer our own rides, and brands for that matter. I doubt Titus, Turner, Ventana or Next has any delusions of catering to EVERYONES tastes. I'll ride my bike and you ride yours

    Trying to knock someone for their choices and disprove their belief that they have a great bike is pretty lame though, and wrong on many levels.
    "You can't discern by calculating in your mind how it will work. You have to feel how it rides differently to understand."

  28. #28
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    [QUOTE=Bortis . Until I get the all mighty Blackanus approval to post in the Titus board I'll steer clear, even if I may be able to provide some helpful information.

    Over and out,
    B[/QUOTE]



    Seeing as how the only time you ever see fit to post here, is when the bashing's starts up... then that would be wise.



    If on the off chance you were actually trying to be helpful??? ... Well time will tell.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    996
    BY - I would agree. I thought the post was strange. Actually it pi$$ed me off. I did not like Titus implying that the proper course of action is to call them before you post your problem (paraphrasing). If I want to post an issue I will do so. One of the benefits of the forums is to learn about issues and problems - I find that to be very valuable. I would think a bike manufacturer would also be interested in feedback. I know the Turner folks are always very interested in addressing any issues and problems that arise on the Turner forum. I have owned 7 Titus bikes and they are high quality high performance bikes that fit my style of riding. It is wonderful that Titus fixed the problem immediately; however, the response from Titus could have been better articulated.

  30. #30
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by JTBAZ
    BY - I would agree. I thought the post was strange. Actually it pi$$ed me off. I did not like Titus implying that the proper course of action is to call them before you post your problem (paraphrasing). If I want to post an issue I will do so. One of the benefits of the forums is to learn about issues and problems - I find that to be very valuable. I would think a bike manufacturer would also be interested in feedback. I know the Turner folks are always very interested in addressing any issues and problems that arise on the Turner forum. I have owned 7 Titus bikes and they are high quality high performance bikes that fit my style of riding. It is wonderful that Titus fixed the problem immediately; however, the response from Titus could have been better articulated.

    JT, you put that very well, IMHO...

  31. #31
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    I do agree the poster should have spoken to Titus first, but in this case, he did not, the post was there, and now someone basically went back to change history. It was there and it should have been left as a reference.

    I know I have said stuff to people on the Turner board to call first then post. It is ideal, but in this case, someone posted and no reason is good enough to remove it. Why? To make the process better for one while information seeking consumers are being shortchanged? Why? Because Vyatek's wishes are such?

  32. #32
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    I do agree the poster should have spoken to Titus first, but in this case, he did not, the post was there, and now someone basically went back to change history. It was there and it should have been left as a reference.

    I know I have said stuff to people on the Turner board to call first then post. It is ideal, but in this case, someone posted and no reason is good enough to remove it. Why? To make the process better for one while information seeking consumers are being shortchanged? Why? Because Vyatek's wishes are such?

    IMHO, it's a tuff call. The OP made a decision, wether it was the right one or not, it was his to make...

  33. #33
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Can't erase history. As much as you bash people that have concerns or dissenting views, you can't erase history.

  34. #34
    Homer's problem child
    Reputation: Bortis Yelltzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Seeing as how the only time you ever see fit to post here, is when the bashing's starts up... then that would be wise.



    If on the off chance you were actually trying to be helpful??? ... Well time will tell.
    Not only was I trying to be helpful and express my opinion, I was also hoping to get into a discussion on composite/aluminum bond interfaces and failure mechanisms, but the thread was removed and when it went it took my dream conversation with it.

    I think your "TITUSBASHOMETER" might need to be re-calibrated, it's awefully sensitive.

    For what it's worth, I've never seen a broken bike post removed from the Intense or Turner Forums. It also seems I am not the only one that thought the Titus response was odd, and I don't see you reacting to JTBAZ with the same hostility I received for saying basically the same thing.

    It might benifit you to lighten up a little when someone expresses a viewpoint counter to your own. You know what they say, opinions are like blackanuses.............................

    B
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro....

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    996
    Why should someone have to call first? If someone has a legitimate issue and the post does not misrepresent an issue than I have no problem with a post regarding an issue. I am the customer and It is my perogative to discuss any legitimate issues/problems I have with a product. The business, if compelled, can respond to the post.

  36. #36
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Can't erase history. As much as you bash people that have concerns or dissenting views, you can't erase history.

    Don't be so hard on yourself. History is just that... The past.

    You can alway's start fresh, and turn over a new leaf...

  37. #37
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by JTBAZ
    Why should someone have to call first? If someone has a legitimate issue and the post does not misrepresent an issue than I have no problem with a post regarding an issue. I am the customer and It is my perogative to discuss any legitimate issues/problems I have with a product. The business, if compelled, can respond to the post.
    You don't have to call first. It is simply fair to call before posting.

  38. #38
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Don't be so hard on yourself. History is just that... The past.

    You can alway's start fresh, and turn over a new leaf...
    Is that what you're pledging to do? Work on not spreading lies and not having a trigger finger the moment someone says something not aligned with your views of the Motolite?

  39. #39
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Is that what you're pledging to do? Work on not spreading lies and not having a trigger finger the moment someone says something not aligned with your views of the Motolite?

    I only lie to women, and my mother "on occasion". As for my finger, it gets itchier every day... When it comes to informing my Mtb'ing brothers, of how I feel about what "for me" is the best ridding bike gawd ever made...

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: salimoneus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,888
    so you basically received so much pressure from Titus or the guys here to remove the post, that the result is you feel like you can't say anything negative having to do with the bike in this forum?

    wow, and i thought the SS crowd was cultish.

    i mean seriously, so what if something breaks, it happens, it's part of life, no reason to wave the magic wand of disappearing. it only makes it look more suspect like there is something to hide

  41. #41
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by salimoneus
    so you basically received so much pressure from Titus or the guys here to remove the post, that the result is you feel like you can't say anything negative having to do with the bike in this forum?

    wow, and i thought the SS crowd was cultish.

    i mean seriously, so what if something breaks, it happens, it's part of life, no reason to wave the magic wand of disappearing. it only makes it look more suspect like there is something to hide
    Pretty much that's exactly what the Titus Nazis turned this board into. You should see the thread on the Yeti board that prompted them to invade, then turn the Yeti board into the satellite Titus board, even after being asked to leave. So after they stopped bashing, they began discussing the Motolite on the Yeti board of all places. They couldn't accept that some riders liked the 575 enough to choose it over the Motolite, so they took it as BASHING.

  42. #42
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377

    Huh... Cute.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bortis Yelltzen
    It might benifit you to lighten up a little when someone expresses a viewpoint counter to your own. You know what they say, opinions are like blackanuses.............................

    B

    But it took you THIS LONG! to come up with that???

    I'm not gonna call JT out on anything PERIOD! He's been very helpful to me and others in the past. As for what he and "you" said, I do agree.

    Now if my bashometer went off prematurly... my apolagies, and I hope this dosen't mean we can't be friends. And I'd also be very interested to hear your thoughts on the matter.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: salimoneus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Pretty much that's exactly what the Titus Nazis turned this board into. You should see the thread on the Yeti board that prompted them to invade, then turn the Yeti board into the satellite Titus board, even after being asked to leave. So after they stopped bashing, they began discussing the Motolite on the Yeti board of all places. They couldn't accept that some riders liked the 575 enough to choose it over the Motolite, so they took it as BASHING.
    "invade"....haha. link please? i could use some more entertainment as i suck down these Fosters

    oh and don't worry about being OT, im sure this thread will get deleted too

  44. #44
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by salimoneus
    so you basically received so much pressure from Titus or the guys here to remove the post, that the result is you feel like you can't say anything negative having to do with the bike in this forum?

    wow, and i thought the SS crowd was cultish.

    i mean seriously, so what if something breaks, it happens, it's part of life, no reason to wave the magic wand of disappearing. it only makes it look more suspect like there is something to hide

    That's kinda the point...

  45. #45
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by salimoneus
    "invade"....haha. link please? i could use some more entertainment as i suck down these Fosters

    oh and don't worry about being OT, im sure this thread will get deleted too
    Link

    Enjoy.

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    996
    JC - talking about the pot calling the kettle black. I use to hang out on the Turner board - the same can be said about several of the Turner Homers.

  47. #47
    Paper or plastic?
    Reputation: zorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8,951
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    That's kinda the point...

    Why do you guys even take JC's bait? Let him troll if that makes him happy.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

  48. #48
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg
    Why do you guys even take JC's bait? Let him troll if that makes him happy.

    I felt sorry for him...

  49. #49
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg
    Why do you guys even take JC's bait? Let him troll if that makes him happy.
    "bait"=fact

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GreenBonty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by ORYX
    I may be blind????? But I swear I saw a post that featured a cracked carbon seatsaty from a racer x a couple of hours ago. Where did it go, has the issue been resolved?
    Amigos
    Some people like myself are hesitant with CF despite the vast use in MTB. Any info is interesting and should be open as we mostly come here to learn other people experience.
    My nice CF (first ever had) FSA handle bar broke after 6 weeks of light use and 0 crashes. It may be a defect or an initial scratch as suggested by BY and I realy hope my new one will last much longer, but it never happend to me before (10 years of experience).

    Now it happend not only with Titus. Here is a thread describing a broken 575 CF pivot:

    "so my 575 is broken"
    So, my 575 is broken:/

    No one has removed this thread and it's for the benefit of all of us.

    Jeff Titus's response was very strange to me and I don't see how it can be justified from our (riders/customers) point of view.
    Please consider my reply as a friendly response.
    GB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •