Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member

Where did it go...is the issue resolved

I may be blind????? But I swear I saw a post that featured a cracked carbon seatsaty from a racer x a couple of hours ago. Where did it go, has the issue been resolved?
    My wife thinks I am nuts for spending this much on a bike. I tell her I think I am nuts for spending that much on her Diamond ring!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    You are correct - the post has vanished

K n e e m o i
    yeah, I was thinkin that too. Maybe some die hard Titus fan didn't want everyone to find out that someone got a cracked carbon seatstay, so went inside and deleted it. I hope it was just a fluke and they didn't go in and delete the post. That would be just wrong. Fact is fact. No company is perfect, hence things happen.

Maybe a Yeti ASR-SL fan will come in here and bash Titus now.

"Prison sports are really fun. I get used as a frisbee, a dartboard, and a second base!" - Kneemoi

"Its All Good"
    True, that is real odd. Only a mod could do that.............. Warp, can you shed any light on the matter..................Real odd, there was no untoward wording etc on there, the dude wa not p i s s e d with Titus..................

mmmmmmmm somethings rotting in Denmark....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"El Whatever"

Rumour Control....

Hi guys!

The thread is gone under Original Poster's request.

It was his thread and he wanted it deleted.

No shady stuff.

Regards,
    Warp

EDIT... As far as I understand, the issue will be resolved to his entire satisfaction, but giving any more details or not is his sole discretion.
    Check my Site

Get out of town!
    Actually I decided to ask Warp to delete the post. I agree with you Daffunda that things happen, and the isolated incident that I dealt with in no way reflects the quality of a 06 Racer X design. I think it was evident from my original post that I never intended to imply that. I'm not apologizing for the original post because there is nothing wrong with posting MY experience with MY bike. At the same time I didn't want an unfair smear campaign to start because of it either so I asked that it be pulled.

BTW - As most of you could have guessed they are going to send me a new replacement upper right away. Actually they are sending it overnight.
    "You can't discern by calculating in your mind how it will work. You have to feel how it rides differently to understand."

Get out of town!
    Now if you'll excuse me my local bike shop loaned me a Maverick ML7 to use for a couple of days and I'm gonna go tear it up!
    "You can't discern by calculating in your mind how it will work. You have to feel how it rides differently to understand."

Ti is addictive
    Geez, we're getting as bad as the homers here with all the innuendo and conspiracy theories (oh no Jerk will jump me for this comment). TitusJeff posted that problem was addressed, so problem is being resolved. Considering nothing is 100% in this world, one case of a issue (which has been resolved) should not cause all of us to start thinking armageddon is around the corner. Poster did a good job asking thread to be pulled as a question sometimes causes a witchhunt.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    Geez, we're getting as bad as the homers here with all the innuendo and conspiracy theories (oh no Jerk will jump me for this comment). TitusJeff posted that problem was addressed, so problem is being resolved. Considering nothing is 100% in this world, one case of a issue (which has been resolved) should not cause all of us to start thinking armageddon is around the corner. Poster did a good job asking thread to be pulled as a question sometimes causes a witchhunt.
    WORD!

Amen, Bro!
    Check my Site

K n e e m o i
    Quote Originally Posted by jsnk1975
    BTW - As most of you could have guessed they are going to send me a new replacement upper right away. Actually they are sending it overnight.
    Wow, that is impressive. Shows how they care about the customers. Are they sending just the rear triangle or the whole frame?
    "Prison sports are really fun. I get used as a frisbee, a dartboard, and a second base!" - Kneemoi

Homer's problem child
    I read that this morning. I thought the response from Titus was a little strange. The Titus guy basically said "Titus would appreciate you contacting us first about a broken Titus rather than posting it for the world to see and then contacting Titus". Definitely came across to me as a Titus CYA post but I understand where they are coming from. The way I read it was "please don't tell people you broke a carbon seatstay on a Racer-X, we don't know if there is a probelm with the carbon stays yet, and we sure don't want potential new customers to see a broken carbon stay until we do know if there is a problem or not, let's keep this between us for now mmmmmmmmmk".

I guess I would rather see both. Post it for the world to see and then post updates on how Titus is treating the problem and whether or not it is a one of a kind breakage or if it is something other Racer-X owners need to keep an eye out for. That way good, bad or ugly the story gets told. Now with the post being deleted we'll never know the whole story unless an update thread is posted.

My $0.02

B
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro....

mtbr member
    Just want to say thanks for clearing up the issue. By no meens was I looking to start trouble, Although I have a vested interest in the subject. I have a 24hr starting Sat with my ride getting tweaked right now at the shop. I found some play in the rear....just the wheel. But will look at the carbon tomorrow.

Have fun on the Mav.
    My wife thinks I am nuts for spending this much on a bike. I tell her I think I am nuts for spending that much on her Diamond ring!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Well said Bortis!!. I noticed the post, and would still like to know if it was a manufacturing defect or a field failure. Of course, no manufacturer ever wants failures publicized, but this kind of info shows up here all the time. Original poster, it is your right to delete, but ask yourself what if everyone reacted this way and pulled information back from the public? I have a new Titus RX by the way, and for anyone interested in knowing, it is absolutely one of the finest bikes available in the world.

banned
    I think this is more of the Titus board "cover up" attitude we see here. Even though the issue is resolved, people should see it, as this is a consumer site. The problem could even be a simple case of one in the whole batch, but people should still know what happened. Titus CS resolved it and it's done.

thats right living legend

Interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    I think this is more of the Titus board "cover up" attitude we see here. Even though the issue is resolved, people should see it, as this is a consumer site. The problem could even be a simple case of one in the whole batch, but people should still know what happened. Titus CS resolved it and it's done.

With the exception of the first sentence, you've got an excalent point...

I need to go lye down.

ಠ_ಠ
    You know what, there was a series of pictures of an blue Industry Nine front wheel exploding from under some guy doing a hard turn in a full face helmet in what must have been a race. I was telling somebody about it, and spent way too long looking for it again. But, no luck... either I'm slipping or those have been removed as well.

banned
    Well, if anything, they lead to good discussions here and the manufacturers are given a public forum with perhaps the shortest and best route to the consumers. I9 went on the Turner board to give their side of their product, to the satisfaction of many. This in depth info would not have ever been known if it wasn't for those threads. Simple things as unadvertised features and spoke wrench sizes, to how they engage. Titus should embrace this and truthfully, at that. So should the board members here.

Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    You know what, there was a series of pictures of an blue Industry Nine front wheel exploding from under some guy doing a hard turn in a full face helmet in what must have been a race. I was telling somebody about it, and spent way too long looking for it again. But, no luck... either I'm slipping or those have been removed as well.

I saw that pic... It's gone???

Get out of town!
    All good points. Obviously I am not a designer and I can only guess at what the problem was. I think the folks at Titus would be much better suited to provide an answer but should be given the benefit of being able to see the seat stay in person before doing so. The idea that they would try to cover something up is laughable to me - I think we can all agree that they have proven they know a thing or two about how to build bikes.
    Last edited by Ridin'Dirty; 08-17-2006 at 06:51 PM.

banned
    All good points. Obviously I am not a designer and I can only guess at what the problem was. I think the folks at Titus would be much better suited to provide an answer but should be given the benefit of being able to see the seat stay in person before doing so. The idea that they would try to cover something up is laughable to me - I think we can all agree that they have proven they know a thing or two about how to build bikes.
    Who? Vyatek? What they do is clearly written on their site, as well as their intent with not keeping Chris around and in going with Pat Hus.

Homer's problem child
    I am a composites design engineer and I have several guesses as to what the problem is/was, looked like a delamination, could be caused by porosity in the laminate, edge loading, and several other things. Unfortunately all my guesses will only be confirmed if we actually get to see more of them. Based on what I saw I expect to see more as time goes on, hopefully they get posted.

B

PS - as a composites guy these are the type of failures that scare me away from putting composites on my own mountain bike.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro....

Who? Vyatek? What they do is clearly written on their site, as well as their intent with not keeping Chris around and in going with Pat Hus.

What's your problem???

Good For You!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bortis Yelltzen
    I am a composites design engineer and I have several guesses as to what the problem is/was, looked like a delamination, could be caused by porosity in the laminate, edge loading, and several other things. Unfortunately all my guesses will only be confirmed if we actually get to see more of them. Based on what I saw I expect to see more as time goes on, hopefully they get posted.

B

PS - as a composites guy these are the type of failures that scare me away from putting composites on my own mountain bike.

Is it me or is the Titus board the only one where if somebody has an honest problem, they've gotta get kicked in the balls. And have the quality of thier bikes entire line impuned quistiened, and dragged through the dirt.

Hey Boretz, did you know Titus is not the only company making carbon stay's. Ya know theres also company's making whole carbon bikes. Was this you're dream, is this what you've been waiting for??? For one guy to finnally have what barly amounts to a crack, so you could pounce!

Get over yourself...

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    What's your problem???
    The lies on this particular board.

Get out of town!
    We aren't talking about the Racer X anymore then? You just said in an earlier post that these issues lead to good points and discussions.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast