mtbr member
    Aug 2005

When dreams come true..... ( A Switchblade dream I mean )

Well, I finally get a dream, few weeks ago I purchased the frame from a guy in the USA ( Doh, I forgot to say that Im from Spain ), and with a lot of parts standing on my garage and some new ones, here is the result:

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c188/maxhc/

I have just a pair of questions, the first owner told me that it was a custom frame ( rear end anodized, 5.7 inches of travel, etc... ) but there is no serial number in the frame, ( just look the picture of the bb case ); theres only a couple of words ( R and B ), anyone knows the meaning of this ?

The other question is how to put the shock to get the full 5.7 inches of travel ?

In a couple of days, Ill put all the settings in the Set-Up database.

Many thanks.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Hc
    Well, I finally get a dream, few weeks ago I purchased the frame from a guy in the USA ( Doh, I forgot to say that Im from Spain ), and with a lot of parts standing on my garage and some new ones, here is the result:

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c188/maxhc/

I have just a pair of questions, the first owner told me that it was a custom frame ( rear end anodized, 5.7 inches of travel, etc... ) but there is no serial number in the frame, ( just look the picture of the bb case ); theres only a couple of words ( R and B ), anyone knows the meaning of this ?

The other question is how to put the shock to get the full 5.7 inches of travel ?

In a couple of days, Ill put all the settings in the Set-Up database.

Many thanks.
    Felicidades, majo!!

That Blade looks gorgeous all anodized!! I've been thinking on anodize the rear triangle of my Blade too.

I pretty much relate to you for several reasons. I also got an old Switchblade frame. I also live overseas (Mexico) and also built her with the remains of another bike. And also, it was my dream to have a high end bike and fortunately I ended up with (arguably) one of the best trailbikes ever made.

I can't help with the set-up unfortunately, but someone will come out to help. Just be patient. I could say that you have to use the mounting hole below the seatmast, that it's closer to the edge of the plate.

Again, felicidades!!!
    Un abrazo desde Mexico!!
    Check my Site