mtnjam

Wheelbase and geometries of Switchblade?

Anyone know the wheelbase of a Titus Switchblade with the long travel rockers and a fork that is usually set to 140mm? I'm trying to do a comparison of geometries of the Switchblade in this mode to other frames. The frame is a 2001 frame with a Fox Talas RLC up front with max travel at 140mm.

I've looked up the info on the Switchblade from Titus' site, but can't find anything listed for a 140mm fork only 120.

Thanks
    Just ride down there and jump off something for crying out loud...

"El Whatever"
    JUst put your numbers on this spreadsheet and the date of your fork of preference.

I did it for my Switchblade, which is a 2005 TALAS with the Pike gives me around 1102mm (divide by 25.4 for metric challenged people), 68 degrees HT and 71 degrees ST. Only drawback is the BB at -12 BB drop (13.8" height).

I haven't put much thought on verifying the info, but the BB height is spot on, once measured. Actually a bit lower, but that can be the tyres used for calculation.

The Marzocchi AM1 gave me 67 point something degrees HT... and indeed it felt a bit nose happy on tight stuff.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Warp....
    what rear shock you running on your SB ?
    I just tried to put a RP23 on with the 5.25" Rockers 02 frame , and the shock is to wide.... and do you have any adapter that allows you reach the valve port on the shock?

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by DH_WP
    Warp....
    what rear shock you running on your SB ?
    I just tried to put a RP23 on with the 5.25" Rockers 02 frame , and the shock is to wide.... and do you have any adapter that allows you reach the valve port on the shock?
    Can you put some washers (spacers) on the inside of the the rockers to give you a little extra space for the shock?
    Extreme stationary biker.

mtbr member
    I think that can be the only solutions.... mate of mine has a spare Rp3 lying around.. i wonder if that will work better?

for now ill fit some washers and just space it out

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    Can you put some washers (spacers) on the inside of the the rockers to give you a little extra space for the shock?
    That's precisely what I did on mine. I'm running a Romic, which you know it's a wide shock. The original idea is from Fonseca. I think he indeed put a second generation Fox on the 5.25" rockers.

The Romic is like 49mm wide and I inserted two simple washers between the bearing and the aluminum spacer on each side to make a total of 53mm. Numbers off the top of my head, I'm like 8000 miles away from the bike to check, sorry.

Search from threads from Fonseca. I can't remember how he got around the valve port.

My SB is a later generation TALAS with the specific 5" rockers... it has the interferences sorted out and it also can take a 2.25" shock if you position your FD correctly. Mine made contact until I raised it a bit. The chain drags on the FD cage if you use the granny and smaller cogs, but you shouldn't do that often, should you?

There's also a thread on my Romic, but I'll spare you the pics search...

On your '02 you can use ANY shock canister up as long as you put it on the outermost hole on the frame. If you want to use the innermost hole, then you have to run it with the canister facing to the wheel.

Call Jeff at Titus. He had some 5.25" rockers for your bike. The ones that were widened and had a valve hole cutout.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Those are nice chunky washers... hope i can find ones like that....

I think once i get the rear shox dialed in then i wont have to change it for some time....so will remove the plate to add air and then test trial and error

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by DH_WP
    Those are nice chunky washers... hope i can find ones like that....

I think once i get the rear shox dialed in then i wont have to change it for some time....so will remove the plate to add air and then test trial and error
    No, the washers that I inserted can not be seen on the pic, bro.

I used 2mm thick washers,which are about what a normal washer for that size of bolt is. One on each side did the trick.

what you can see in the pic is the standard aluminum washer part of the stock hardware of the bike. But as it sits 2mm out of its normal position, it gives the impression of being just a thick unit.

I used the washer between the bearing and the aluminum washer. If anything gets damaged by the steel washer, it'll be either the replaceable bearing or the aluminum washer. Then the washer makes contact with the swingarm which it'd be a disgrace to fed up.
    Check my Site