mtbr member
    Aug 2006

What is up with Titus?

I have been wondering this for several months and can't hold it in any longer. There hasn't been a new product update on the Titus home page since January. From what I can tell, the catalog section of the website hasn't received a major update since 2011. The Twitter feed hasn't been updated since the 4th of July sale. Then a few weeks back, the On One/Titus/Planet X store goes through a mysterious overhaul. Did I miss something? Can someone update me on what is going on with the brand?

mtbr member
    They primarily sell 26" bikes, which are dead. People have been waiting for the 29" EG. The FTM never took off. The EG-lite, or whatever it was going to be called, is a year late - and is a 26" bike.

Not sure what Titus will be in a year...
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

J:
    no E:
    Thought Brant came around to the idea of 27.5 wheels.. maybe not?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    27.5 may be in the Titus future, but there are a few projects yet to come to fruition...

@Deerhill: Brant did create a 27.5 model for On-One, The 45650b
    45650b | Brant Blog | News - As Seen On TV

@Vespasianus: The EG "lite" TR26 model is on order. The EG29 had some geometry tweaks done and both models are due to be released January/February 2014.

The staff at Planet X USA / On-One / Titus Cycles in Portland, Oregon are plugging along. The Titusti site is long overdue for an update. Twitter/Facebook/Instagram accounts are being delegated. The mysterious overhaul was due to unsuccessful recovery after a glitch eliminated a bit of data.

There are a few things going on at Planet X that are still in the shadows, some have come to light.

-Planet X has licensed the Tomac brand name and has put in orders for frames to be produced by Saratoga Frameworks (Serrota Cycles). Johnny T will have input.

-Planet X has some other brands in it's sights for 2014

screamer
    Personally I think a major consolidation of the three (now four!?!) brands is in order. Hard to build up market presence when you're carrying a bunch of different websites, a bunch of different product lines (many of which overlap significantly), etc. The whole enterprise has a bit of a "fell off the back of a truck" or "look what we found in the back room" vibe to it. Charming as that is, it's not a good way to build excitement and generate sales. No wonder people are scratching their heads trying to figure out what's going on. Must be difficult even for the people who work there!

Make it simple: Planet X for road, Titus (or One One) for mountain.

I say this as an owner of 3 On Ones, and a Titus in the past.
    On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Budgie, I can hear what you're playing...

With the UK doing a good bit of business across the Atlantic, we here in the US are ramping up to get the our side of the business going. What had been 2 guys running a business from the ground level of a skateboard half-pipe in a Portland warehouse is now 4 guys working as a team to make some waves in the Portland bike market and byond. Lots of 'behind-the-scenes' variables to deal with: parent company on a different continent in a different time zone; Communication lag time - We speak English and... They ARE English; Transit times for shipments from the UK, among others.

We now have a full retail spot in Portland, attached to our own warehouse/shipping & receiving hub. We are doing full bike builds, custom builds, in-house wheel building for some Planet X Pro Carbon wheels, full professional bicycle fitting with the Retul System. We are at local events: Cyclocross races, Triathlons, Road Races, Bike Expos.

Titus, as great of a brand and line that it is/was, had various loose ends to deal with. Our customer service has been top notch. Follow up & follow through, is close to 90%.

Planet X these days is about pro tour level road bikes. On-One is, lets say, Surly with a side of fish & chips and a pint of Old Speckled Hen.

Planet X & On-One only have a couple of overlapping models: PX Dirty Harry carbon 29" HT & OO Lurcher carbon 29" HT. BUT... they have very different geometry and only one is convertible to a true single speed. Titus, which is predominantly full suspension these days currently only has one overlap, Rockstar 29 and the On-One Codeine 29. BUT.. The Rockstar is a 100mm travel XC/Trail 29er and the On-One Codeine 29 is a longer (128mm) travel, alloy 29" full suspension.

Planet X / On-One / TitusWe're working on it. With the UK doing a good bit of business across the Atlantic, we here in the US are ramping up to get the our side of the business going. What had been 2 guys running a business from the ground level of a skateboard half-pipe in a Portland warehouse is now 4 guys working as a team to make some waves in the Portland bike market and byond. Lots of 'behind-the-scenes' variables to deal with. We now have a full retail spot in Portland, attached to our own warehouse space. We are doing full bike builds, custom builds, in-house wheel building for some Planet X Pro Carbon wheels, full professional bicycle fitting with the Retul System.

Titus, as great of a brand and line that it is/was, had various loose ends to deal with. Our customer service has been top notch. Follow up & follow through, is close to 90%.

Planet X & On-One only have a couple of overlapping models: PX Dirty Harry carbon 29" HT & OO Lurcher carbon 29" HT. BUT... they have very different geometry and only one is convertible to a true single speed. Titus, which is predominantly full suspension these days currently only has one overlap, Rockstar 29 and the On-One Codeine 29. BUT.. The Rockstar is a 100mm travel XC/Trail 29er and the On-One Codeine 29 is a longer (128mm) travel, alloy 29" full suspension.

Planet X USA is here and we are striving to do the best that we know we can.

screamer
    All good, thanks for the response. Sorry if I came on too strong: I really did mean it as constructive criticism, coming from a satisfied customer.

I do think there's a strong brand identity that could come out of the Yorkshire-Portland "wet wool & dark beer" axis. *****ing bikes for abysmal weather, at the best value around. Looking forward to seeing it develop further!
    On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy

mtbr member
    @ mtnwrench- Still only 4 in the entire US outfit? I kinda guess the rest of the situation described before but to do all that with the manpower so far. You guys still deserve a pat no matter what. Make that 2.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnwrench View Post
    27.5 may be in the Titus future, but there are a few projects yet to come to fruition...

@Deerhill: Brant did create a 27.5 model for On-One, The 45650b
    45650b | Brant Blog | News - As Seen On TV

@Vespasianus: The EG "lite" TR26 model is on order. The EG29 had some geometry tweaks done and both models are due to be released January/February 2014.

The staff at Planet X USA / On-One / Titus Cycles in Portland, Oregon are plugging along. The Titusti site is long overdue for an update. Twitter/Facebook/Instagram accounts are being delegated. The mysterious overhaul was due to unsuccessful recovery after a glitch eliminated a bit of data.

There are a few things going on at Planet X that are still in the shadows, some have come to light.

-Planet X has licensed the Tomac brand name and has put in orders for frames to be produced by Saratoga Frameworks (Serrota Cycles). Johnny T will have input.

-Planet X has some other brands in it's sights for 2014
    Geo tweaks on the EG 29? Would one of those happen to be chopping at least 1/2 inch off the chain stays? Please say yes, please say yes.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by titusquasi View Post
    Geo tweaks on the EG 29? Would one of those happen to be chopping at least 1/2 inch off the chain stays? Please say yes, please say yes.
    The working drawing that I just looked at shows a chainstay length of 428mm (16.85 inchesz) on the EG29. The Rockstar 29 has a chainstay length of 459mm (Just over 18 inches)

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    If Titus really is interested in releasing a 27.5 bike it would be super easy to just add a bit of chainstay length to the El Guapo and let guys run it with 150/160mm 650b specific forks. The BB is already rediculously low even with a 170mm fork. Sounds like an easier revival of the EG than designing an entire new frame from the ground up.

Plus at $1200 per frame they would sell like crack in a crack house.

mtbr member
    Any word on the target frame weight of the EG29?

mtbr member

Wink

The working drawing that I just looked at shows a chainstay length of 428mm (16.85 inchesz) on the EG29. The Rockstar 29 has a chainstay length of 459mm (Just over 18 inches)
    Ummmm...ummmm... I'm all flustered after I realized you typed 16.85 and not 17.85! Is that correct? You sure that's not a 26" wheel bike?

Is the EG29 going to have the Enduro 29 Taco mount...or maybe only one speed on the front? Specialized did it on a Horst Link bike so I assume it can be duplicated.

If that number is correct, when can a guy get some eyes on a new geo chart and when do pre-orders start!

I'm still holding back on max enthusiasm as I may still be dreaming but if Titus could do an EG29 with chainstays in the 17" (or under) range, 140mm (or greater) travel, and a Cane Creek Double Barrel with the climbing switch...that thing would fly off the shelves. Thus my previous question...when might pre-orders start?

J:
    no E:
    Thanks mtnwrench. Happy to see the non pinner tires used over there on 45650b

Show us some photos! Interested to see the new full suspension hardware Brant has been tweaking here on these Titus projects and hope they're paced to move forward now..

FSR riders on el Guapo linkage are used to a certain level of enjoyment on our chunky trails and other platforms just don't have the same feel. I'm sure 99.9% of us agree with Brants ideas on CS length.. Now, show us the new yoke!!

J:
    no E:
    Por favor

mtbr member
    Indeed, the chainstay is that long, but that's the distance on the drawing from the axle centre to the main pivot.

The full RC (rear centre) dimension is still 460mm.

Sorry short chainstay fans - the EG29 isn't super short.

On-One's Codeine is a 440mm RC dimension, but doesn't support a front derailleur.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    A shorter CS than the Rockstar would make it great guys! The Rockstar climbs superbly and is very stable. Let's get a shorter CS on the EG, even if it's just a bit! 2 29ers with very similar geometry? I hope not !!!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    As a satisfied customer both before and after the Planet X/On One takeover, I would like to steer the discussion back to the original question of "what is up with Titus?" but with a more philosophical approach. Let's talk about the brand.

I think Budgie hit the nail on the head when he said these brands need consolidation. Another way of saying it is that they need their own separate identities. From an American consumer's perspective, I'm not sure what these brands stand for. If I had to guess I would say that Planet X represents quality, budget conscious road products and On-One is about budget conscious, highly versatile and durable mountain products. But what is Titus all about?

I think Titus needs to adopt a strong brand identity, vocalize it, and build its product line around it. As a Titus fan for over 15 years, I have my own opinions of what the brand stands for. To me, they are one of the oldest and most prestigious boutique mountain bike brands still in existence, and above all they are about titanium. However, just because I believe this does't make it true.

So I would like to pose the question to all you Titus fans out there...what does the brand represent to you, and what direction should it go in the future?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Titus to me represents a defunct company raped by On-One
    breezy shade

Dozer
    Quote Originally Posted by helmach21 View Post
    ...and above all they are about titanium. However, just because I believe this does't make it true.

So I would like to pose the question to all you Titus fans out there...what does the brand represent to you, and what direction should it go in the future?
    I loved my MotoLite, but then I discovered 29" wheels. I just want a ML29 -- The Rockstar is close, but the Rockstar's chainstays are pretty darn long.

But I agree, Titus could (and perhaps should) get back to its Ti roots. The new Fireline is promising. Especially since the brand's reputation took a pretty hard hit with those Light Rail rear triangles, perhaps they could eliminate some of the Planet X/On One overlap and turn Titus back into the specialty product they once were: Titanium frames of impeccable quality.

...and build me a ML29

J:
    no E:
    I think Budgie hit the nail on the head when he said these brands need consolidation. Another way of saying it is that they need their own separate identities. From an American consumer's perspective, I'm not sure what these brands stand for. If I had to guess I would say that Planet X represents quality, budget conscious road products and On-One is about budget conscious, highly versatile and durable mountain products. But what is Titus all about?

I think Titus needs to adopt a strong brand identity, vocalize it, and build its product line around it. As a Titus fan for over 15 years, I have my own opinions of what the brand stands for. To me, they are one of the oldest and most prestigious boutique mountain bike brands still in existence, and above all they are about titanium. However, just because I believe this does't make it true.

Roots from the Supermoto. .

Would like a carefully over engineered FSR rear triangle that fully controls drivetrain torque and braking forces.. and in a non-proprietary, user serviceable 8.5" x 2.5" open format that can take a lickin

Let Specializd and others sell out the disposable bikes
    Last edited by J:; 11-19-2013 at 02:19 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    My 26" Motolite is now 4 years old and I'd like to replace it with a 27.5 or 29 Motolite in the next year. Titus, get back to your roots I say. Never should have abandoned the great name(s) and reputations (ML, Racer X). Look at what other brands have done changing the bike but keeping the name and its intent the same- just updated. Don't want to abandon Titus but Titus apparantly is abandoned me if it doesn't come out with something up-to-date in the next year.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

What is up with Titus?

Titus was Chris Cocalis. It is now Pivot. All that is left is a brand name; the people who built the company are all gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD so please forgive the typos that occur when typing with two fingers.
    Riding slowly since 1977.

J:
    no E:
    That new Pivot is really something amazing. When I saw the tag for the frame alone it reminded me why I refused to buy the OG Guap

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I'm new to Titus. Was drawn to it because of price and overall look. Happy to say , the quality is there. I understand this is not a big co. ( 4 people ) smaller than I thought! No matter. I agree with most of the comments on here. Consolidation, BRAND ID, attention to the website, attention to consumer needs! CS is there. I'm truly enjoying the rock star. Great XC/trail bike ( depending on build). Hoping for a great AM EG 29er. I really wish Titus the best, and hope they become BIG once again.

mtbr member
    Well there are more then 4 people, that is just the US office in Portland. Many more over in the UK. I believe the Titus brand should be kept around as the higher end MTB line under the Planet X umbrella.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I would like to say a few things about Titus. I am thoroughly impressed with the "new" Titus name, products and personnel. I have personally met several of the Titus staff in Portland. They are a tremendous group of experienced professionals and all around great people; the perfect people to lead Titus. Other new Titus frames sport excellent modern geometry and materials. I love my El Guapo. The amazing aspect that separates Titus from all it's competition is offering these superb frames at a fraction of the cost of similar high-end frames. Long live the El Guapo!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    Well there are more then 4 people, that is just the US office in Portland. Many more over in the UK. I believe the Titus brand should be kept around as the higher end MTB line under the Planet X umbrella.
    Yup keep the brand and keep making the association stronger. Speaking from another part of the world.. Mention On One.. I can't even begin counting how many of my riding pals are are eerr excuse the pun, on one or two or more - now or at one time or another including myself. Anyone wanting to get into mtb and get good value for money, inevitably we will always say get an On One... From talking to folks on the trail I can say not many people is aware yet of the Titus status now but those who do are seeing them in the same light as On One bikes-- and I'm seeing more Titus than before the takeover.

The Fastest of Bananas
    I picked up a extremely lightly used 2012 FTM today. The frame screams quality, and I rode it 3 hours today. OMG it is nice. By far the nicest bike I have ridden. Titus has my seal of approval. I am beyond impressed.

All I have to say, is I dont care who owns who as long as their bikes are this nice. On One would do a great job if they absorbed them though, I really like their business model.

High Alpine Adventure
    Titus means Ti to me so something like this in full 650b would be awesome... and yes, design them around a Lefty!!!

What is up with Titus?-841355d1366079015-titus-x-650b-img_8416w.jpg
    Dug-Da-Goat

Something changes at 12,000'
    ...so welcome to the Odyssey!

Building your trails at FooMTB

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    If the 26" is dead, why does Pivot still sell them?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Titus seem to be on the right track finally, just struggling from too little cash to finance quicker development. An upgrade on the FTM carbon to a 142x12 rear would bring it closer to the Mojo SL-R for 2014, and not be too much of a change.

There's surely little point producing more 26 or 29er designs right now though. So many people already have them, and there's a lot of competition, but 27.5'' is a chance to sell people a new bike (just like the industry used suspension, disc brakes, full-suspension, single speeds and then 29'ers to get us to keep buying new bikes).

J:
    no E:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/P2zffEvAJEk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    lmao

Seriously though, a 650B Carbon X would rule the world.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveHeart View Post
    It is called clearing out stock...
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    It is called clearing out stock...
    Yup. I've not seen any figures for the industry, but if we focus only on the upper end for xc to 160mm bikes like EG where Titus bikes are, then I'd imagine that there are very few people buying 26 inch bikes to replace their existing 26 inch bikes. Everyone I ride with has already gone alloy 26 inch full-sus with disc brakes ... so the improvement/$ is pretty small in upgrading to a new bike.

Interesting that Planet-X own the Tomac name too, hopefully under Tomac or Titus they'll produce a Moto-Lite (Titus) or Eli (Tomac) replacement in 650B, carbon, 142x12, internal cable routing, dropper seat post compatible. A friend still has an Eli (produced by Tomac, two owners ago), and loves it.

Titus and Tomac are great brand names that are just a little less common than all the Ibis, Santa Cruz or Specialized's I see all the time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/P2zffEvAJEk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Wait till he hears about the fatbikes.... I've been making just about every 26, 27.5 and 29 eat my mud spray this whole wet month

J:
    no E:
    I've only seen a couple.. Titanium Fat Guap would be cool

mtbr member
    Just a well designed ti to accommodate the largest combo would be good enough. A fat El Squishpo can actually be more a liability for the kind of things to ride 'em on.

J:
    no E:
    Yeah was thinking of aesthetics, I haven't tried one yet but really like the idea. Wish more trails around here were rideable in the rain. The two I've actually seen thumping down the trail were in summer.

If the Guap profiles could make it into Ti, would make smok'in Fat jewelery. Actually.. tube set on that Ti FTM.. already there, convert the rear to rigid!

~ Fat Ti Moto

mtbr member
    Did somebody say rain?
    Unless your trails are mile long 2-foot-boulders all the way..

Its exactly what I use it for in the Monsoon season now... Superwet weekend overtaking 25 AM bikes in one sngle breath on slippy slidy mucky climbs and skimping over wet rock gardens without a care on 5.5 psi.. Awesomeness... But the best part.. the look on their faces? Priceless

Axe
    Custom User Title
    No updates on website for almost a year on the website looks not good.

The Fastest of Bananas
    They still exist. I called their tech dept just the other day. I think they are coasting. Maybe we will see new product at somepoint?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveHeart View Post
    Do they?

I am sure they have some inventory.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    [QUOTE=yeahdog31;10767729]I loved my MotoLite, but then I discovered 29" wheels. I just want a ML29 -- The Rockstar is close, but the Rockstar's chainstays are pretty darn long.

Are you thinking something like this: 29er | FSR | 130mm - Switchback Bikes

The Fastest of Bananas
    [QUOTE=kenai;10961834]
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahdog31 View Post
    I loved my MotoLite, but then I discovered 29" wheels. I just want a ML29 -- The Rockstar is close, but the Rockstar's chainstays are pretty darn long.

Are you thinking something like this: 29er | FSR | 130mm - Switchback Bikes
    Thread revival! That Switchback is a sweet bike. Did they ever get off the ground? I though he was trying to get enough buyers on board.

mtbr member

Minimums Met!

[QUOTE=FastBanana;10962017]
    Quote Originally Posted by kenai View Post

Thread revival! That Switchback is a sweet bike. Did they ever get off the ground? I though he was trying to get enough buyers on board.
    FastBanana - thanks for keeping an eye on us! We met the minimums for the Reveal frames!
    We are really close to making the minimums for the Unveil9 (what Kenai refers to above). Things are going really great so far!

Crazy how the WoN - Word of Net can travel so quickly....and Switchback could end up in this thread.

Thanks, Scott

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahdog31 View Post

...and build me a ML29
    Looks like the Thumper frames are being closed out for $750! Hammerhead Thumper (think Titus Moto-Lite 29er) NIB - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Eg29?¿ why all the delays?¿

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I am starting to think that maybe On-One should sell the Titus brand to someone with the resources/desire to really do something with it. Thoughts?

The Fastest of Bananas
    I don't know. I think its silly for On One to carry the titus brand, As On One beginz to release FS bikes, they are kinda double tapping bike styles. I like my Titus, but my next bike will not be a Titus due to better companies making better frames with more features and thought put into them.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2013

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    The frame is posted on the website, ready to sell! Incredible price with CCDB air! I have no doubt that this bike will meet the high expectations and reputation of the Titus brand.

J:
    no E:
    What's up!

What's the reach on that large?

Sweeet

* 1" bb drop come from raising the main pivot? sounds plush
    Last edited by J:; 02-27-2014 at 02:10 PM. Reason: geo questions

The Fastest of Bananas

Re: What is up with Titus?

Quote Originally Posted by Jameswr View Post
    The frame is posted on the website, ready to sell! Incredible price with CCDB air! I have no doubt that this bike will meet the high expectations and reputation of the Titus brand.
    Only 130mm travel. Meh.

I was really hoping for 140-150. It could've been my next bike if so. I need a bigass bike for my enduro bike next season.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    irrelevant, maybe
    breezy shade

FM
    mtbr member
    Looks good to me.

I have a Banshee Prime, which IMO sets the bar for burly AM 29'ers. I don't plan on replacing my Banshee but this looks like a great option and a great price and I'd love to ride one someday. If I was in the market I'd definitely consider it.

IMO 130mm travel is perfect for this type of bike. Riders who want more than 130mm are maybe better suited to 27.5" wheels. How the bike uses the travel is more important than the number. Honestly I find my Prime (130r/150f) to be as capable as the 6-7" FR bikes I was riding a few years ago on the most challenging trails I ride, but obviously a lot more fun to pedal up.

MTB aficionado
    Jan 2004
    This is the truest of all the posts. If you want a Titus, go look at Pivot. All the Titus DNA can be found among their amazing line of bikes.... Including the garish over the top logos. Back in 2006 when Chris was out... Many including myself felt Titus would never be the same without it founding visionary. Titus is not dead.... It just goes by a different name.

That being said, I still ride quite frequently my pearl white 2005 moto lite (#3 off the kinesis line - with the kinesis stamp on the BB - oh was CC pissed about that). This remains the benchmark that I still measure trail bikes by. The only bikes that I've ridden that surpass my old ML have been the SC tall boy LT and the pivot mach 5.7c. I can't wait to put my legs over a mach 6.

The Titus brand should just go away in the States... Just like the AMF Harley's did... Because that is what it is today. An American brand run by crap European business men.

Regards,

EndUser
    My advice and $3 will buy you nothing more than a tunafish sandwich

Axe
    Custom User Title

What is up with Titus?

Quote Originally Posted by EndUser View Post

The Titus brand should just go away in the States... Just like the AMF Harley's did... Because that is what it is today. An American brand run by crap European business men.
    There is nothing crappy about Planet X folks. Just because they are not in the overpriced "boutique" crap, does not make them bad. You do not have to sell overpriced Chinese plastic with garish graphics to be a good MTB maker. At least most normal folks can afford their wares.

The Fastest of Bananas

Re: What is up with Titus?

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    There is nothing crappy about Planet X folks. Just because they are not in the overpriced "boutique" crap, does not make them bad. You do not have to sell overpriced Chinese plastic with garish graphics to be a good MTB maker. At least most normal folks can afford their wares.
    This. So far, my experiences with Titus and On One have been great.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Nice. I like it.

MTB aficionado
    Jan 2004
    "Boutique?" How totally 90's, man. I don't think pivot is any more "boutique" than spec or SC. By definition that would require some custom work.... CC and Co. Gave that up a long time ago...

Look, the only place On-one is ahead of pivot cycles is on the MTBR manufacturer forums board. Can't say I've read anything with "on-one" or "Titus" and "holy grail" in the title of an mtbr review.

Just say'in

Regards,

EndUser
    My advice and $3 will buy you nothing more than a tunafish sandwich

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by EndUser View Post
    "Boutique?" How totally 90's, man. I don't think pivot is any more "boutique" than spec or SC. By definition that would require some custom work.... CC and Co. Gave that up a long time ago...

Look, the only place On-one is ahead of pivot cycles is on the MTBR manufacturer forums board. Can't say I've read anything with "on-one" or "Titus" and "holy grail" in the title of an mtbr review.

Just say'in

Regards,

EndUser
    No, that is not the only place where they are ahead of a company that outsourced their suspension design to Mr. Weagle and outsourced their frame production elsewhere. They are also ahead in such awesomely practical $300 frames as 456, or $1000 full suspension frame as El Guapo. Or things like Pompino commuter/cross frames. Or carbon frames like Lurcher, which I see a lot more around the trails than yet another $2000 hardtail frame Pivot sells. Price counts. Practicality counts. It is different, and they make no bones about it. No marketing mumbo jumbo there.

Nothing wrong with Pivot, obviously. But they are not an end all. Personally, shopping for a long travel aluminum frame I took Nicolai over Pivot (and over the new Titus for that matter). Different strokes for different folks - no need to disparage one over another.

J:
    no E:

EG does everything better than ML

Agreed. Practicality/durability matters, then price..

Moto-lite pffft.. ok the FR chainstays were nice and so was the pearl white paint