mtbr member
    Jun 2009

what is the largest size of rear tyre to fit in 2009 ftm alum?

I am thinking changing my worn rear tyre 2.15 kenda nevegal to 2.2 conti rubber queen. Can it for my 2009 ftm alum?

There were threads that the narrow chain stay limits larger tyres

Regards

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Never tried to run a Conti. in the back, but think the 2.2 Conti would be a tight fit because the Conti.s seem typically big for their size. I couldn't run a 2.2 Spec. Captain, but a 2.35 High Roller will fit. Hard to say w/ the difference in tire size by brand.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by mambo76 View Post
    I am thinking changing my worn rear tyre 2.15 kenda nevegal to 2.2 conti rubber queen. Can it for my 2009 ftm alum?

There were threads that the narrow chain stay limits larger tyres

Regards
    The tubeless version fits. The standard RQ/Trail King 2.2 is a bit larger and may have issues.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Hi Shiggy,

Thanks for your advice, I swop my buddy's continental rubber queen 2.2 with my kenda nevegal 2.15 in our Sunday ride. I could ride the stability immediately on my ftm. We swop our bikes around, I.e. with my nevegal on his motolite and I feel the need to control the bike to stay in a straight line even on tarmac.

I really like the conti rubber queen 2.2 tubeless. However, when we Got out to the trail, I could feel the slight rub on the chain stay when climbing hard.

Shaggy: it there another Tyre which has large width and give the stable feel?iam not so comfortable about the conti rubber queen tubeless.

Regards