Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007

What I want for Xmas... from Titus

Titus, please, I would like the bastard child of your El G and Racer X, not the FTM they spawned when the MotoLite faded out of existence... but the one where they were both on illicit drugs and lots of booze and clubbing the night away. I want Titus version of the Yeti ASR 5. Low BB, slack HTA, short stays, tall head tube and long top tube to give it that "in the bike" feeling that I've never been able to get out of my MotoLite. Travel around 5" with a nice and planted 68 deg up front with a 130mm fork. Beefier chain stays to take a bit more abuse.

Hope to see something like this in the near future.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mnigro View Post
    Titus, please, I would like the bastard child of your El G and Racer X, not the FTM they spawned when the MotoLite faded out of existence... but the one where they were both on illicit drugs and lots of booze and clubbing the night away.
    If it has similar feel to current EG, 140mm el Guapo 29 will own those trails

..stomp on the FTM and Motolite

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Maybe... owning a few $500 wheelsets and a $700 fork that could be bolted up to this wish-list frame kind of makes it hard to move to a 29r. Plus I'm only 5'8 and have not found a 29r that doesn't feel like I'm sitting on top of a horse.

mtbr member
    I want a carbon Rockstar.

mtbr member
    I want a V1 el guapo front trianlge in brown please.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

Outcast
    Clean up your manufacturing shortfalls. Make Titus owners proud to own your product. You have a ways to go here, compared to your peers.

screamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Clean up your manufacturing shortfalls. Make Titus owners proud to own your product. You have a ways to go here, compared to your peers.
    You just get coal in your stocking every year, don't you?
    On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    I want a carbon Rockstar.
    Ditto

Dozer
    I just wish I could fit 29" wheels into my MotoLite frame.

mtbr member

Getting closer

Demos arrived in Portland. Michael says the Rockstar will be available sometime in January, apparently they are being loaded into a container right now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What I want for Xmas... from Titus-44975_10151380978644042_826403998_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

.................................................. .... . . . .sweet^

Maybe... owning a few $500 wheelsets and a $700 fork that could be bolted
    I hear that, though I have been trying to kill my Vanilla so I can get a Vengeance
    Last edited by Deerhill; 12-18-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by budgie View Post
    You just get coal in your stocking every year, don't you?
    Really? Thanks for the negative rep dude.
    So you don't care if Titus is putting out a product that is inferior in quality to it's competitors? What is your driving point? Price in front of quality?
    I like my el guapo. I don't like the quality history, and the customer relations that Titus has demonstrated. So yes, I still get coal in my stockings, because you think Brant is santa claus. You must live in a very small world, which must comfort you.
    I hope you enjoy your inferior products the rest of your life. Keep buying Titus/On One, and you will be happy in your ignorance.

mtbr member
    So you don't care if Titus is putting out a product that is inferior in quality to it's competitors? What is your driving point? Price in front of quality?
    I like my el guapo. I don't like the quality history, and the customer relations that Titus has demonstrated. So yes, I still get coal in my stockings, because you think Brant is santa claus. You must live in a very small world, which must comfort you.
    I hope you enjoy your inferior products the rest of your life. Keep buying Titus/On One, and you will be happy in your ignorance.
    I wouldn't say they are inferior, maybe behind the curve a little bit. However, when I walk into my LBS and I see a $10,000 specialized hanging on the wall I cannot complain about the product and price point. Granted I have an El Guapo V2 (1.5 head tube) and a Lurcher 29er. No issues to complain about, other than the monarch shock on my El Guapo.

mtbr member
    I would also like to see a 140 mm 27.5 motolite.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    The MotoLite is a great bike, period. Mine is going strong and I'd have to think real hard about what to do with it if, knock on wood, something were to happen to the rear triangle. But, a slack and lower 5 inch bike would be nice. In 650b it would have to be the titties for me to buck up and spend an extra $1200 on wheels, tires and a fork. The thought has crossed my mind. My El Guapo with Conti trail kings in 2.4 is pretty close to a 650b though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Renegade, very glad that you like your El Guapo. Also, you needn't get coal in your stockings. I appreciate your willingness to express constructive feedback about our organization and perceived product quality. I can assure you that we are doing our very best to take care of all our customers.

Are there some specific complaints you have with our organization? If so, I would be happy to hear them. You can reach me on my personal email patrick [at] planet-x-usa [dot] com

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by PattyCroas View Post
    Renegade, very glad that you like your El Guapo. Also, you needn't get coal in your stockings. I appreciate your willingness to express constructive feedback about our organization and perceived product quality. I can assure you that we are doing our very best to take care of all our customers.

Are there some specific complaints you have with our organization? If so, I would be happy to hear them. You can reach me on my personal email patrick [at] planet-x-usa [dot] com
    Are you a new person in the organization? Yes, I can engage you in a constructive conversation. Your predesessors [Shiigy and Brant] reacted on the defensive, covering up significant shortfalls with a bit of smoke, mirrors, and BS. E-mail coming to you soon.

mtbr member
    I can engage you in a constructive conversation.
    It's a Christmas miracle!
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    holy fucnuts batman...

I do tend to side with renegade a little bit on the way titus has communicated/acknowledged issues for their customers. I was more than slightly pissed when I (edit) had to call 30 nike shops to unsuccessfully try to find someone with a reamer for the headtube (edit) then I paid extra $$ for a slackset headset, had to pay another $40 to have the upper cup ground down on a lathe & pressed, and then ended up tossing in a smoothie mixer headset and paying again to have the cups pressed in on my V2 EG. Being left with a $75 slackset that I cannot sell and out an extra $120 or so was not fun, much less the added time on my build project. A simple statement on the purchase page that the frame "MUST" be used with the smoothie mixer would have solved ALL of the issues that I had.

I am a long-time Titus owner and a pretty loyal customer all around so they haven't lost me yet. If it wasn't for interactions I've had with Brant while at Ragley and then again at On-One, he ended up helping to resolve my issue with the EG by sending me a free smoothie mixer, I might feel otherwise. However, it should not remain in the hands of a company's frame designer to assist customers on a forum with issues like this. I've been working for companies that live and die by their commitment to customer service and I expect CS to be handled appropriately from the highest levels of a business down to the lowest man on the totem. This is the ONLY way to keep loyal customers loyal these days. There are far too many options and everyone is competing for our business.

nuff said, now how about that frame Titus...

mtbr member
    I am a long-time Titus owner and a pretty loyal customer all around so they haven't lost me yet. If it wasn't for interactions I've had with Brant while at Ragley and then again at On-One, he ended up helping to resolve my issue with the EG by sending me a free smoothie mixer, I might feel otherwise. However, it should not remain in the hands of a company's frame designer to assist customers on a forum with issues like this.
    Kind of puzzled about this... I love hanging out on forums.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Yes, Brant. Being able to talk with you personally here on MTBR and ask questions is the main reason I bought a Ragley. Then after Titus went under and i saw that you were stepping in to help take the reigns I felt much better sticking with them. As for you taking care of the problem, I just meant that it seemed well above your pay grade. I thought you'd have more pressing items to take care of. Like designing this frame for me, LOL.

Edit, I meant that it seemed well below your pay grade. Anyway...
    Last edited by mnigro; 12-21-2012 at 08:16 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    In 650b it would have to be the titties for me to buck up and spend an extra $1200 on wheels, tires and a fork
    This would be a miracle.. @ santa I want 27.5" EG : D

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

2013 miracle

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post
    Nice list. Just not too sure about the NN. My usual inner tubes were way bigger than the 2.25 that lasted 1 ride... Not sure what to do with them now

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    12x142 rear.... Simple

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast