I rode 'Whistler XC'

This is what happens when.....

....you try TOO hard to keep your just washed shoes clean!!!

Gave them a good cleaning this week, stripped all the parts off, scrubbed, lubed....THE WORKS after a 5hr mudfest last weekend, which included, and I'm not exaggerating, about 2km of walking in shindeep mud!!!

Scrub-a-dub-dub!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If I wanted your opinion I'd give it to you

Gravity Tester
    Jeebus! It looks like you've been wading in tar.

VooDoo user.
    Is that POOO?

I rode 'Whistler XC'
    Quote Originally Posted by moment
    Is that POOO?
    If it was, I mighta been shopping for new shoes!

Thankfully nothing more than thick, sticky, marshy sludge....mmmmmmm

thats right living legend
    Quote Originally Posted by MintSauce
    If it was, I mighta been shopping for new shoes!

Thankfully nothing more than thick, sticky, marshy sludge....mmmmmmm

Looks like you were sitting on your foot, and...

I rode 'Whistler XC'

Oh ok....

Quote Originally Posted by blackagness

Looks like you were sitting on your foot, and...
    You're on to me....was way out in the great outdoors, had to 'go', was in a rush, the boys were waiting, crouched and......ooops, dang

You're on to me....was way out in the great outdoors, had to 'go', was in a rush, the boys were waiting, crouched and......ooops, dang

BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

"El Whatever"
    Dude... I wouldn't like to see pics of your hand or saddle...

Don't you hate that? You wash your (insert name of wahsed item here - car, bike, shoes, clothes, arse, wahtever) and as soon as you hit off the porch, an epical rain falls and you end up with your (whatever you mentioned above) as dirty or worst than before tha wash.

Damn... sometimes I think our good lord has a great time having fun of us, from time to time.
    Check my Site

"Its All Good"
    ....you try TOO hard to keep your just washed shoes clean!!!

Gave them a good cleaning this week, stripped all the parts off, scrubbed, lubed....THE WORKS after a 5hr mudfest last weekend, which included, and I'm not exaggerating, about 2km of walking in shindeep mud!!!

Scrub-a-dub-dub!!!
    BUT how was the ride when you were riding? great I bet... That is some real marshy, peaty looking south african mud my man........................

Bet the ML weighed a little more after that ride for sure
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

I rode 'Whistler XC'
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    BUT how was the ride when you were riding? great I bet... That is some real marshy, peaty looking south african mud my man........................

Bet the ML weighed a little more after that ride for sure
    This pic i took Saturday in good weather. Lost my front wheel off a rickety bridge/plank and had to put my foot down....otherwise fairly clean.

The ride last weekend was the most fun I'd had in I don't know how long. Perfect weather on the day but VERY wet from heavy rains the preceding week.

I was having a bad day cramping from the 5km point but managed to nurse my legs to the finish, thanks in large to my new friend Carlos. We met the day before in Bowman's (where I bought my ML). On raceday on around the 35km mark I'm sitting on the side of the trail giving my legs a rest when Carlos pulls up, having as bad a day as me.
    Anyway, we rode the rest of it together debating whether the slippery descents were ok to speed up (we'd both come off already), debating whether this(20meters from the start of the climb) is a good place to start walking , standing in the que in the singletrack for 10min waiting to cross another unridable, steeply banked river crossing debating the merits of our Marzochhi and Fox forks, getting to every bog and EVERY SINGLE TIME seeing who could make it through the furthest before trudging , and laughing, snickering, pointing and throwing slanderous comments out loud (although in good humour) at those people getting out of the muddy riverbed to get onto the adjacent tar road because they were missing out on the true mtb experience and weren't hardcore enough And there were the occasional bouts of laughter at each other when we cramped up for the umpteenth time(male bonding....isn't it beautiful?

The route was something my friends from Dirtopia(www.dirtopia.co.za) have been thinking of for some 10years.A 52km circumnavigation of Stellenbosch(initially 60km but shortened to 52km because they couldn't get to some parts of the course with 4x4s....hopefully next year) crossing 22 farms and countless other tracts of private and municipal land. The course really was brilliantly thought out, especially the entry into town, weaving our way around and alongside busy intersections to get to two or three tunnels/rivers/canals under and over roads to facilitate a completely traffic free(for the mtbikers) entry into the centre of a busy town in the middle of Saturday traffic rush.

Interestingly also, the bridges built for two crossings the Thursday before the event washed away that same night after more rains. They were only finished rebuilding them over an hour after the race had started!!!

He says, once again due to rain, they were negotiating landaccess for alternative routes the day before the event!!! They did a brilliant job, though I can imagine it must have been an absolute nightmare!!! I don't know where mountainbiking would be in SA if it weren't for these guys......they pour their lives into this sport for a meager living!!! Dirtopia FLAT OUT ROCKS

"Its All Good"
    Mint report MintSauce. Great reading that. Know that feeling when you get to the bogs, shall I, shant I.................

Glad you are having some rains though, it is needed there, need to fill up all the dams for the summer.

A race around the surrounding farms etc around Stellenbosch would have been awesome, such a beautiful area. Any more pics, or were you in full race mode?

This is a picture taken in Stellonbosch, check out the pale face Whafe, a real contrast....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Hey Whafe!

And here I thought you were a first time dad! One suggestion though, might want to look into a blood test...

"Its All Good"
    And here I thought you were a first time dad! One suggestion though, might want to look into a blood test...
    I hear ya there BA, no, kept it in my pants there for sure..................

Your up early, you sh!t the bed?

Huh?

I hear ya there BA, no, kept it in my pants there for sure..................

Your up early, you sh!t the bed?

I think dady needs some sleep...

And no I managed to make it through the night. And your gettin down right loopy!

"Its All Good"
    I think dady needs some sleep...

And no I managed to make it through the night. And your gettin down right loopy!
    Not going loopy, isnt it like 5 in the morning there dude?

Ha!

Not going loopy, isnt it like 5 in the morning there dude?

More like 8:00, getting ready to go start the day. Have a good one man. Sweet dreams...

"Its All Good"
    More like 8:00, getting ready to go start the day. Have a good one man. Sweet dreams...
    Sweet dude, got my times muddled up with LA time zone, seeing how head office is in Ventura Ca. Have a good one...

I rode 'Whistler XC'

No pics....

Mint report MintSauce. Great reading that. Know that feeling when you get to the bogs, shall I, shant I.................

Glad you are having some rains though, it is needed there, need to fill up all the dams for the summer.

A race around the surrounding farms etc around Stellenbosch would have been awesome, such a beautiful area. Any more pics, or were you in full race mode?

This is a picture taken in Stellonbosch, check out the pale face Whafe, a real contrast....
    Usually ride with my phone but didn't have it on me for this race. Never owned a camera....was just never that much into taking pics. Wanna get one now though....enjoying sharing these things with you guys.

Cheers
    Mint

Usually ride with my phone but didn't have it on me for this race. Never owned a camera....was just never that much into taking pics. Wanna get one now though....enjoying sharing these things with you guys.

Cheers
    Mint

Yeah that's pretty much me too... The only reason I have the camera I do, is cause of you guys.

"Its All Good"
    Yeah that's pretty much me too... The only reason I have the camera I do, is cause of you guys.
    I love to have the camera, have shots of all the riding buddies, am usually the only one with one though. We love pics, brings another dimension to this net thing..