Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 77
  1. #1
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,716

    "What Gives" Titus Gr Ride 28July / 4 Aug Whistler

    Hi all

    mmmmmmmmmm what can I say, I dont think we can call it a Titus Group Ride, maybe a Gr Ride....

    At this poinit, i think we are fending for ourselves so to speak........

    [SIZE="5"]Strong holds whom are coming (well coming to Whistler to ride)[/SIZE]

    [SIZE="6"]MintSauce (South Africa)
    Whafe (Spain)
    CaribouLover (GeoLover) [SIZE="3"]Hopefully, work pending, fingers crossed[/SIZE]
    FM (Seattle)
    EB (Seattle I think)
    Endo Often (???)[/SIZE]


    [SIZE="5"]Is there any others that may come to Whistler that week?[/SIZE]
    Please let us [SIZE="1"]FEW[/SIZE] know if you want to hook up for a ride.....

    Let us hope for more next year. Thinking keep in mind post Interbike in Arizona, riding, Pheonix, Sedona and Flagstaff.................
    Last edited by Whafe; 07-04-2007 at 07:50 AM.
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  2. #2
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe

    Let us hope for more next year. Thinking keep in mind post Interbike in Arizona, riding, Pheonix, Sedona and Flagstaff.................
    bummer that the number of people got reduced.... may try to join in the future...

  3. #3
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,995
    My guess is several members of the All-mountain Gong Show will be present for many of those dates....FM and EB would know more on that...

    Still not clear on my schedule. I'm really hoping to make some of these rides.
    Extreme stationary biker.

  4. #4
    Just roll it......
    Reputation: ebxtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,493
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    My guess is several members of the All-mountain Gong Show will be present for many of those dates....FM and EB would know more on that...
    I think there's a high chance of the All Mountain Gong Show being there, Geo. Since this coincides with the biggest contest/festival of the year, there'll be a big Seattle contingent up there for sure.

    My tentative schedule right now looks like:
    • Arrive Thursday night (the 26th)
    • Friday (likely in the park after doing a bit of work in the AM). This is mostly dependent on what they have going on. If there are a bunch of trails closed for events, I'll go for an "XC" ride.
    • Saturday and Sunday - ride out of the park with enough time to get back and watch the crankworx stuff. This could include doing Khyber Pass or Gargamel.
    • Monday - Friday - crashing in my van at my buddy's house. I'll work during the days with riding after 3 PM each day (mix of park and valley trails). Might do the "Phat Wednesday" dh race and the Loonie race on Thursday night.
    • Saturday and Sunday - Ride, ride, ride.


    Whafe / Mintsauce, you might be bummed that more of the titus guys couldn't pull the trigger since you're traveling halfway across the globe, but you'll come away from Whistler more stoked on riding than ever before and your skills are gonna go up a couple of notches......I guarantee it. I did 2 weeks in the Alps last summer and, while the quantity of trails were incredible, the general quality of them wasn't anywhere near as good, imo. It gave me a whole new appreciation for what we've got up here. Looking forward to the debauchery!

    Cheers,
    EB
    Last edited by ebxtreme; 07-03-2007 at 11:20 AM.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    875

    Bummer dude!

    I was so much looking forward to it but I have to go to training for work I'm finally getting back to a plane I was flying a year ago (bumped back to a turboprop during my companies bankruptcy). Instead of having a short retraining course I have to go back for the full course. I'm gonna be bored as hell thinking about all you guys riding beautiful BC single track

    FM - Am gonna try to come out before or after so hopefully we can hook up. My bro still hasn't ridden this year so I need to get his ass on some singletrack.

    Chris

  6. #6
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,716
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    Whafe / Mintsauce, you might be bummed that more of the titus guys couldn't pull the trigger since you're traveling halfway across the globe, but you'll come away from Whistler more stoked on riding than ever before and your skills are gonna go up a couple of notches......I guarantee it. I did 2 weeks in the Alps last summer and, while the quantity of trails were incredible, the general quality of them wasn't anywhere near as good, imo. It gave me a whole new appreciation for what we've got up here. Looking forward to the debauchery!

    Cheers,
    EB
    EB, thanks for that heads up. I am cool and the gang about it. Moved on, we did what we could etc... My dream of going to Whistler will be fufilled, that I am seriously stoked about... So its all good............And to meet some cats from here will be great... So thanks again...

    Chris, will post up, thats totally cool, well out of your control. Want you back in a plane beyond a turbo prop....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,212
    ebxtreme, thanks for the photostokeness

    I ride vicariously through you.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    107

    I'm still going

    and I don't have to leave early after all.

    Might be pretty torched from being in Durango the preceding week (I live at sea level)

  9. #9
    I rode 'Whistler XC'
    Reputation: MintSauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme

    Whafe / Mintsauce, you might be bummed that more of the titus guys couldn't pull the trigger since you're traveling halfway across the globe, but you'll come away from Whistler more stoked on riding than ever before and your skills are gonna go up a couple of notches......I guarantee it. I did 2 weeks in the Alps last summer and, while the quantity of trails were incredible, the general quality of them wasn't anywhere near as good, imo. It gave me a whole new appreciation for what we've got up here. Looking forward to the debauchery!

    Cheers,
    EB

    Hey EB....still totally stoked to be going! If you're cool with dragging an average rider along it would be sweet to join you for some rides before the other guys arrive

    I have volunteered some shifts for Crankworx as well. Just a few as I am going there to ride after all. Looking forward to that as well. Love working at MTB events.

    Am slightly nervous about hitting the park. But must just force myself to not ride over my limits. Have no desire to put myself in hospital early in this trip I've come close once or twice!

    It's just around the corner now
    If I wanted your opinion I'd give it to you

  10. #10
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,716
    Quote Originally Posted by MintSauce
    It's just around the corner now
    My mna, for sure just around the corner...............

    endo often, have you sorted where you are going to stay? What daye are you arriving?

    I am waiting to hear form FM, he has a ride planned for the Sunday 29th. I arrive Sat 28th, so need to knwo where to drive to for Sundays ride... So have booked no accommodation, will get to Whistler on Sunday evening, will sort somewhere to stay shortly...

    Minty - do you have the address where you are staying, be cool to get osmething close by

    Whistler.....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  11. #11
    ~~~~~~~~
    Reputation: airwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Hi all

    mmmmmmmmmm what can I say, I dont think we can call it a Titus Group Ride, maybe a Gr Ride....
    another thing to blame the homers for is breaking of MTBR tradition by not calling a gathering a Gathering. . Thats what they've always been called here on the mtbr and there are several every year. The only problem with declaring a gathering is that then you have to be organized, .

  12. #12
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,716
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    another thing to blame the homers for is breaking of MTBR tradition by not calling a gathering a Gathering. . Thats what they've always been called here on the mtbr and there are several every year. The only problem with declaring a gathering is that then you have to be organized, .
    I hear ya airwreck...... All due respect to the Turner team, they get great numbers to their gatherings...... Do a good job really...............

    Well it may get moving for the Titus riders, everything takes a little time to gain momentum....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  13. #13
    I rode 'Whistler XC'
    Reputation: MintSauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Minty - do you have the address where you are staying, be cool to get osmething close by
    Glacier Lane is all I got
    If I wanted your opinion I'd give it to you

  14. #14
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,716
    Quote Originally Posted by MintSauce
    Glacier Lane is all I got
    Sweet, will keep that in mind.. Was going to stay where you are after you gave info, a lot of hassle for a feww days, if it was weeks would be well into it..

    Whistler is small, the locals will know that street

    Cheers
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  15. #15
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,716
    EB, With the All Mountain Gong Show present, we will be able to try out nearly every brand there is, yeah ha... More exciting, they are welcome to thrash the GBoxx......
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  16. #16
    Bike to the Bone...
    Reputation: rzozaya1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,291
    I hate missing rides! Which is something I've been doing lately...

    Everybody that's going, have an awesome trip...

  17. #17
    Just roll it......
    Reputation: ebxtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    I am waiting to hear form FM, he has a ride planned for the Sunday 29th. I arrive Sat 28th, so need to knwo where to drive to for Sundays ride... So have booked no accommodation, will get to Whistler on Sunday evening, will sort somewhere to stay shortly...
    Guys, FM is in Whistler through Thursday so I guarantee he won't be online until then.....he's having too much fun I'm sure.

    Heading out for a ride in SLC right now.....damn, it's hot here!

    Cheers,
    EB

  18. #18
    FM
    FM is offline
    luxatio erecta
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,997
    what about:
    sunday the 29th: mt fromme. I woudl drive up that morning, and we could possibly head to whistler that night for extended play (or do an evening seymour shuttle)

    July 30-31 (monday / tuesday) whistler. Bike park or trails, maybe both, TBD. I would be heading back to seattle tuesday evening.

  19. #19
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,716
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    what about:
    sunday the 29th: mt fromme. I woudl drive up that morning, and we could possibly head to whistler that night for extended play (or do an evening seymour shuttle)

    July 30-31 (monday / tuesday) whistler. Bike park or trails, maybe both, TBD. I would be heading back to seattle tuesday evening.
    FM, that sounds sweet.... What is a town close to mt fromme for me to stay at on the Sat 28th night. Or is it better to go straight to Whistler from Vancouver airport, then drive to mt fromme trail head on Sunday morning?

    Yeah ha...............
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  20. #20
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    FM, that sounds sweet.... What is a town close to mt fromme for me to stay at on the Sat 28th night. Or is it better to go straight to Whistler from Vancouver airport, then drive to mt fromme trail head on Sunday morning?

    Yeah ha...............
    Fromme is in North Vancouver (uh, North Shore ). You could stay anywhere in Vancouver if you wanted to check out the city.

    You could stay in North Vancouver or Deep Cove if you wanted to be a little closer.
    Extreme stationary biker.

  21. #21
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,716
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    Fromme is in North Vancouver (uh, North Shore ). You could stay anywhere in Vancouver if you wanted to check out the city.

    You could stay in North Vancouver or Deep Cove if you wanted to be a little closer.
    Sweet G Lover, What do you think is better N Vancouver or D Cove? Will not be feeling like painting the town red, long flights, will be wanting to push some good zzzzzz's
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  22. #22
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Sweet G Lover, What do you think is better N Vancouver or D Cove? Will not be feeling like painting the town red, long flights, will be wanting to push some good zzzzzz's
    Deep Cove is little waterfront community. It's nice, but will be difficult to find reasonably affordable lodging. It is the tourist season in Vancouver and hotel prices reflect that...Whistler hotels are way cheaper this time of year. If you're just looking for a place for jet-lag recovery, I'd look for a Travelodge or Comfort Inn in North Van if it were me, but I'm cheap.

    Word.
    Extreme stationary biker.

  23. #23
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,716
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    If you're just looking for a place for jet-lag recovery, I'd look for a Travelodge or Comfort Inn in North Van if it were me, but I'm cheap.Word.
    Thats sorted, and hey, I am cheap too for this sort of thing..........Its called using your head...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  24. #24
    FM
    FM is offline
    luxatio erecta
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,997
    Hey dudes,

    who all is in?

    I'm considering a change of plans if it's a small crew and everybody's cool with it. My good buddy Matt (slayerulez, highlife crew/ all mountain gong show gold-card member) will be in whistler, leaving monday the 30th. What if we were to go up to whistler satuday night (28th), ride whistler sunday and monday, and ride the shore on tuesday? Then I would head back to Seattle tuesday night.

  25. #25
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,716
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Hey dudes,

    who all is in?

    I'm considering a change of plans if it's a small crew and everybody's cool with it. My good buddy Matt (slayerulez, highlife crew/ all mountain gong show gold-card member) will be in whistler, leaving monday the 30th. What if we were to go up to whistler satuday night (28th), ride whistler sunday and monday, and ride the shore on tuesday? Then I would head back to Seattle tuesday night.
    WELL, I am in like a robbers dog..... Like a rat up a drain pipe....

    I am easy FM, there will not be too many of us, bring your riding buddies along for sure....There will be myself, MintSauce, endo often, rdhfreethought, geolover hopefully... That is really all the confirmed dudes....

    So tell us where to meet etc and we are good to go..... Am in St Louis. Just arrived, sheesh what a nightmare trip.........DELAYS.
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •