Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    the 36 year old grom

what is the best fish???

was chatting with el Geolover in another thread and got to thinking about fish. yummy.

I think salmon is the best fish for eating. what do your guys think???

Trophy Husband
    Extreme stationary biker.

dog
    sit! stay!
    for eating i think tuna and flounder...

for catching...
    1) trout (freshwater)
    2) snook (brackish)
    3) dorado or mahi or whatever you may call it (salt)

So is your face
    I like halibut or swordfish. Tuna steak is good too.
    IT'S NOT THE FALL THAT HURTS. IT'S WHEN YOU HIT THE GROUND.

"El Whatever"
    Great... next thread will be "What's the best All Mountain Fish??"
    Check my Site

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by dog
    ... snook (brackish)
    Hillary had a snook up her snoose...(South Park).

"Its All Good"
    New Zealand Snapper and Gurnard is the best hands down. And I will be w a n k e r about this topic, have eaten fish in many countries, you know how much I travel.......
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    New Zealand Snapper and Gurnard is the best hands down. And I will be w a n k e r about this topic, have eaten fish in many countries, you know how much I travel.......
    Whafe

You wouldn't know a good time, even if it fell in your lap and started wigglin'.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    Whafe

You wouldn't know a good time, even if it fell in your lap and started wigglin'.

"Its All Good"
    Whafe

Well, there have been some real cold fish in my time............... A slight wiggle would have been great!.....................

Still New Zealand has the best fish..... You guys should just suck back your pride and admit it, you will feel better for it....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Well, there have been some real cold fish in my time............... A slight wiggle would have been great!.....................

Still New Zealand has the best fish..... You guys should just suck back your pride and admit it, you will feel better for it....
    I won't believe it until I go and try it, ok?

you should go have some in CR so we can compare..

"El Whatever"
    I dunno how good is Mexican fish... all quality fish is exported to the US... Dang.

Best fish is a kind of fish doesn't taste exactly like fish...
    Check my Site

"Its All Good"
    That one that..................

Just had a thought of a past experience, the tuna in Japan was sensational, eating sashimi off a flat Japanese tummy, with Wasabi & Soy Sauce in the belly button will take some beating, nothing has come close in all my travels.................... And that chaps is a true story...................

thats right living legend

I like Salmon Too...

Salmon is prob my favorite everyday fish. But the best fish is when ever I go deep sea fishing in the Gulf of Mexico, and catch Trigger fish. Man that stuff is hands down the best "regular fish, fish" I ever had! Was catching them two at a time last time I went. Their not the biggest but certanly the best.

Salmon and mashed potatos is one of my fav meals... yumm!

Whafe I hate you.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Whafe I hate you.
    Well BA, "you know I love you, moo moo moo, BA's the one for me, yeah"

So BA, are you coming to meet some Titus riders in Whistler?.....

the 36 year old grom
    I guess we really need Geo or FM to tell us what fish everyone eats at whistler. then we'll know what we should be eating.

Salmon with some Tony Chachere's (creole seasoning) on a bed of mash potator is really yummy and simple.

the 36 year old grom
    That one that..................

Just had a thought of a past experience, the tuna in Japan was sensational, eating sashimi off a flat Japanese tummy, with Wasabi & Soy Sauce in the belly button will take some beating, nothing has come close in all my travels.................... And that chaps is a true story...................
    did that come with happyending????

mbabaracus
    Definately Yellow Tail Snapper, preferably raw, wrapped in seaweed and rolled in rice with a little spicy sauce dripped on it. Yummy!

bm

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

McDonald's?

I usually like the local fish wherever I am.
    Ahi is great when fresh on Maui, salmon in Vancouver, cod or sei in Norway, red snapper in Puerto Vallarta, fish tacos in Baja California, grouper sandwich in Florida.
    Or Filet 'O Fish here in Ohio.

Julie makes a dish called "Smashed Salmon' that she borrowed from the nearby Kona Bistro. Grilled Alaskan salmon with mango chutney topping over garlic mashed potatoes on top of fresh spinach and shredded carrot salad..
    I'm lookng for a recent picture of it.

the 36 year old grom
    Quote Originally Posted by mbabaracus
    Definately Yellow Tail Snapper, preferably raw, wrapped in seaweed and rolled in rice with a little spicy sauce dripped on it. Yummy!

bm
    sake bomb..... yeah!!! I did three last night. + a boat load of Nigiri. the salmon is still my favorite. but love the yellow tail too!!!!

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    I guess we really need Geo or FM to tell us what fish everyone eats at whistler. then we'll know what we should be eating.
    Italian Bomberfish (wild not farmed)...served without platform, thank you very much.

"El Whatever"
    Italian Bomberfish (wild not farmed)...served without platform, thank you very much.
    Rumours are 2008's will be farmed...
    Check my Site

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerbob.com
    I usually like the local fish wherever I am.

I agree with Bob.

I also like sushi alot. Love the eal which ever one.

Whafe I'm up in the air about my fork so who knows? I sent it in yesterday so....

sashimi is gross, but I'd even eat the eye balls if I could do it off one of those Japanese chicks.

ಠ_ಠ
    orange roughy is my favorite fish. Chilean sea-bass is pretty high on the list, but they've become endangered, so now I'm too guilty to eat 'em.

me and BA were separated at birth -- same bike, same passion for salmon & mashed 'taters...

Big Mac
    Depends on how ya' cook it I guess. Some I like are battered and fried, like Perch, etc...Some I like are raw like Toro(Tuna belly. Yum!!) Where I live Trout is popular. Snapper, Groupper and the like, I prefer grilled. Whafe, while in New Zealand, the wine, Mussels, and Lamb were standouts for me. That and the Thai food for some reason (in Christchurch!). Wild caught Sockeye Salmon is sumpin to savor too. Hard to pick a "best" though! I could go on forever! I LIKE FISH!

Big Mac
    However,the bestest fish there ever was is "doushe bag", not sure about the spelling, but really, really good! If you've never tried it, yer missin' out. It's like Sushi, only better! Now go get some!

Training for vacation
    Hog snapper - hard to catch by fishing so you gotta plug them. They are kinda stupid tho, once you are under water they will stick around and make for an easy shot. Some will even turn sideways and make a super easy shot. Dont think you can order them at a restaurant

Grouper - exact opposite to Hog. Fishing for them is super fun once you get a hit you gotta rip them out of the water before they run back to their hole. Pulling a 28+ inch grouper is one hell of a work out. I actually caught one by trolling a spoon, stumped all my buddies when a 22 inch gropuer came out of the water when we were fishing top water for Kings. Shooting grouper you gotta move slow, stay low or they run.

I have never eaten snook, but i hear they are excellent. Love catching them tho.
    Orange Roughy, Mahi, shark, its all good.

Oh yea mini lobster season is a month away!

Trophy Husband
    Mash and banger?....sounds like my last night in town with my pregger wife the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    me and BA were separated at birth -- .

I've "often" felt the same way... Brotha!

Geo!... Please don't make me visualize that again.

AM... We don't allow metro's in Bama.

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    do you have build pictures posted yet ?~?
    Negative. It's not completely built. Also, not hanging in my garage anymore...now it's hanging in the showroom of the local bike shop. Cranks didn't arrive before I left.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    AM... We don't allow metro's in Bama.

I always knew I could count on Bama

Trophy Husband
    Truvativ Stylo 2.2....black. They're light enough and come with a sleek bash guard. I still need to order a wheelset (hope pro2 and dt 5.1's). They'll beat me home though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Truvativ Stylo 2.2....black. They're light enough and come with a sleek bash guard. I still need to order a wheelset (hope pro2 and dt 5.1's). They'll beat me home though.
    only 10 more threads and all have the full build out of you

It's shaping up to be a nice ride. You will be one happy owner. Congratulations geolover. I'm still surprised you never hopped on to a Transition. Hopefully you will find the time to ride when you get back.

Trophy Husband
    only 10 more threads and all have the full build out of you

It's shaping up to be a nice ride. You will be one happy owner. Congratulations geolover. I'm still surprised you never hopped on to a Transition. Hopefully you will find the time to ride when you get back.
    Oh, I hopped on a few. I think my favorite is the Preston, but it is a bit of a porker. Didn't care for the Covert I rode...haven't ridden a Bottlerocket yet. I'd like to ride the new Blindside when it comes out...I'm likin' the geometry numbers that were just published on their website.

I rode 'Whistler XC'
    Sushi grade tuna for me.....cooked
    If I wanted your opinion I'd give it to you

"El Whatever"
    I have never thought much of what fish I'm eating... weird as I'm from a town by the sea... I really don't like fish much. I prefer seafood (well, all seafood excepting fish ).

I'd have to pick Red Snapper (Huachinango?) and Tuna. I'm easy to please.

Well... I'm off for a quick (muddy, it's been raining all week, which is good) ride... See ya!
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Oh, I hopped on a few. I think my favorite is the Preston, but it is a bit of a porker. Didn't care for the Covert I rode...haven't ridden a Bottlerocket yet. I'd like to ride the new Blindside when it comes out...I'm likin' the geometry numbers that were just published on their website.
    out of huge curiosity.... why no geolove for Covert, after all it has FM approved TT ?~?

"Its All Good"
    I agree with AM, shouldnt need to Fack fish with mashed spud, it sounded good, but kinda against the grain for me................... Sushimi is great, it is even greater in Japan, not only from a flat Japanese tummy, but in all cases...

Geo, we will have to check out your suggestion in Whistler though!

DB, what dates are you planning to be in Whistler? I hope you have flat pedals on your SuMo, want to take it for a spin, you can thrash the Nicolai....

For me, fish is a very cheap meal compared to meat, you can get a shiat load of fish in a KG...

And yes MintSauce, the AB's cooked you fella's, getting all cocky after winning the Super 14..... Good for them to come back from being down in the first half, shows the inner strength and the supreme courage of the kiwi's... Mwah ha ha ha

Mashed potato's may seem odd to serve with fish, but it goes well with salmon specificially, and most restaurants "that know what they're doing" will serve it that way. I couldn't imagine eating it with any other kind of fish, but than again salmon isn't much like any other fish.... You should try it.

I usually just bite the salmon in half, lick up all the eggs, and feed the rest to my cubs though so to each their own.

"Its All Good"
    Mashed potato's may seem odd to serve with fish, but it goes well with salmon specificially, and most restaurants "that know what they're doing" will serve it that way. I couldn't imagine eating it with any other kind of fish, but than again salmon isn't much like any other fish.... You should try it.

I usually just bite the salmon in half, lick up all the eggs, and feed the rest to my cubs though so to each their own.
    I agree Salmon is a wonderful fish, I prefer it raw, with great amounts of Wasabi... But it is good cooked too....

Well next visit to the US of A or Canada, will indeed have to try it... In fact I will be in St Louis from July 9th till July 20, then back to Spain for a week, then off to Whistler, Canada, Yeah ha big time. Many years of waiting to visit this spot....

Trophy Husband
    out of huge curiosity.... why no geolove for Covert, after all it has FM approved TT ?~?
    I felt the rear-end was a little flexy. I didn't spend too much time on it though...and it could have been due to wheel/hub flex.

FM is NOT getting a Covert, BTW.

"Its All Good"
    FM is NOT getting a Covert, BTW.
    What is FM getting out of interest, the dude has been really busy workwise I think, hasnt lurked for some days......

Trophy Husband
    What is FM getting out of interest, the dude has been really busy workwise I think, hasnt lurked for some days......
    It's not for me to say...I'll let FM tell everybody.

I did see a shipping tracking list that he posted yesterday on another board. Looks like he'll be receiving the frame soon.

It's not for me to say...I'll let FM tell everybody.

I did see a shipping tracking list that he posted yesterday on another board. Looks like he'll be receiving the frame soon.
    yeah.. I saw that post too... can't wait to see what new toy he got

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    yeah.. I saw that post too... can't wait to see what new toy he got
    Likewise, he is a great all round guy is FM, looking forward to being able to ride with him... Whatever he gets, will be a well researched piece of kit, he knows his shiat that boy....Time will provide what it is

Dammit!!!!!

I hate this! I gotta know what FM is getting! Just because he's the 2nd best rider on here he thinks he can just jerk us all around waiting in breathless anticipation.

"Its All Good"
    I hate this! I gotta know what FM is getting! Just because he's the 2nd best rider on here he thinks he can just jerk us all around waiting in breathless anticipation.
    So who's the first then bestest of the bestest rider......................

I rode 'Whistler XC'

Cooked Springbok....kiss my @$$!

AM and Whafe....you beat us fair and square. The good thing for us is that you didn't completely annihilate us(which has kinda been the norm lately). But we had you the first 60 minutes so just watch out. We're on the comeback trail **holding thumbs**
    If I wanted your opinion I'd give it to you

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by MintSauce
    AM and Whafe....you beat us fair and square. The good thing for us is that you didn't completely annihilate us(which has kinda been the norm lately). But we had you the first 60 minutes so just watch out. We're on the comeback trail **holding thumbs**
    Cooked Springbok is indeed a great meat....

Yep, a good game, great practise for the AB's to come back from being down............

AM shouldnt be proud of the Aussie team anyways... Do they actually have a team for this year AM?

As long as the final has the AB's and no Wallibies I am happy, and preferably Springbok's

So who's the first then bestest of the bestest rider......................

Let me just say that being the bestest, of the bestest rider I would never string ya'll along like FM is doing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast