mtbr member
    Oct 2006

What annual maintenance for a ML frame?

My rear hub blew up after my race on Sun. Since I have to get out the grease anyway, what should I be doing for the frame pivots, etc?

mtbr member
    Well I had my shock PUSH'd, which I know isn't part of the frame, but while it was out I cleaned the reducer bushings. Which brings me to a follow on question, do you put anything on the bolt threads that go through the rocker? I saw blue residue when I removed them. Threadlocker, grease?

I also serviced my horst link pivots with the instructions here http://www.titusti.com/swblade_om.html#e (thanks Warp)

Space Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by ebeer
    Well I had my shock PUSH'd, which I know isn't part of the frame, but while it was out I cleaned the reducer bushings. Which brings me to a follow on question, do you put anything on the bolt threads that go through the rocker? I saw blue residue when I removed them. Threadlocker, grease?
    That is Blue Loc-tite, make sure you clean the area and use it when you re-install.
    "No good deed goes unpunished"

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I have a bearing/bushing kit for sale if you need it. I sold my frame before I got around to putting it in.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    When is the last time you serviced your Fox RP23 air can. The Fox tech manual recommends every 8-16 hrs. But most guys do it quarterly.

Sopwithcamel