Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Whafes visit to the Titus factory & offices

1K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  ScottN 
#1 ·
So I flew to Az yesterday from LA. Today made the short journey to Sedona for a little riding...

Had some time so decided to make a visit to some LBS's and visit the Titus team...

First off, was amazed at how small the factory is, this is not at all knocking them. For me it put things into perspective with the output from this dedicated small team...

Met Jeff (Marketing Manager) whom gave us a tour of the plant etc. What an all round good guy, mean that, down to earth mtb'er:thumbsup: :thumbsup: . Started where all the tubing arrives etc, saw from start to finish. Was cool seeing that once the tubing etc is put in the jig and locked down so to speak, it stays here till the frame is completely finished welding wise. The frame in the jig can move, flip over etc etc.. The assembly area is not huge, this is where the frame components arrive from overseas etc, also where the Ti, exogrid frames are assembled.

That was a short version.

Asked a few questions:

1 - can you build me an ExoGrid El G ?? = NO, cannot do it, with the wields for the shock mounts etc, no go. Thought as much, but still think there is a chance to get something in the areas that dont have attachments.

2 - When will Ti El G's be available? = more than likely around fall 2008. Titus are testing these as we speak, version 2 is being tested now.

3 - Can I purchase a carbon rare end for my ML? = Yes, but have none in stock. Dam :mad: Can get one in a few months. One of those things that being there, would have jumped at it.... Well really to get one over Ti Endo... :D :D :p :p :D :D

4 - Can I buy a ExoGrid seatpost? = Yes, but we have none in stock. As above, would have jumped at one, but purely because I was there. It is ott, but hey, when on vacation......

So was really awesome to see where my frame was built and who welded it. A small cool team...:cool: :cool:

Thanks Jeff for the tour and stuff, awesome, cheers..:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So am in Sedona, what a preemo looking place, visited a load of LBS's today, was looking for some mtb shorts. Have to say, was pretty disappointed really. Went into more than 9 shops. Only saw Fox and Specialized (which I wouldnt wear if I got them for free). Hard to say, but it seems the days of being able to cruise into a LBS and try on some clothing and walk out with some kit is gone. Have to order online or order the kit into the LBS and go from there........... Flame me, but dont think I deserve it on this call, no disrespect at all to LBS folks, cause I deal with LBS's constantly, just seemed this way now.......

Roll on 6AM, Friday morning...:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

See less See more
#4 ·
All Mountain said:
LBS baahhh, you don't need them anymore....

n-zo
I know NZO well, thats what I wear at present, awesome shorts, but they are over 2 years old and getting thin in the neither regions.....

Yes it is getting that way re LBS, hate to say that, really do.....

#6 ·
All Mountain said:
photos dood :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: ... your my eyes....

Did you get to hug a new SuMo for me ?~? Any changes for 08 SuMo ?~?

Damn, you know how to make me jealous.

Did you see TiEG Proto part Deux ?~?
Yeah, I know a thread with no pics ! Was fully into the tour, was one of those location things. You can see pics on the Titus site...

Saw a new SuMo, but couldnt see if there were changes for 08...

Did see a Ti El G in the R&D area, but we couldnt go in there...... A Ti El G will be the cats pajama's....

Sorry to make you jealous bro... Not intended at all....

#7 ·
All Mountain said:
You can buy direct very soon ;) ava look at the website :)

NZO is RAD :thumbsup:

NZO is the only thing that rocks me billies :)
Glad NZO rocks you boat, skids your wheels, turns your cranks.... It is great kit... Will check the link, cheers bro............:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#9 ·
May well do, will see how it goes in Sedona and Flagstaff, a load of biking here to do. Jeff gave the invite though, so will see how the body feels...............

#12 ·
1 - can you build me an ExoGrid El G ?? = NO, cannot do it, with the wields for the shock mounts etc, no go. Thought as much, but still think there is a chance to get something in the areas that dont have attachments.............Knew that already;) ALready checked ages ago:D

2 - When will Ti El G's be available? = more than likely around fall 2008. Titus are testing these as we speak, version 2 is being tested now...........Little Birdie told me that already, so now I have to be even more patient.....hopefully in my old age I'll still want one.

3 - Can I purchase a carbon rare end for my ML? = Yes, but have none in stock. Dam :mad: Can get one in a few months. One of those things that being there, would have jumped at it.... Well really to get one over Ti Endo... :D :D :p :p :D :D ..........Not if I go down there and get one first.......:nono: I got a few airpoint I need to use up to and going to Titus Meca is lookin pretty good right now if I can bring a CF rear home with me.:p

4 - Can I buy a ExoGrid seatpost? = Yes, but we have none in stock. As above, would have jumped at one, but purely because I was there. It is ott, but hey, when on vacation......Wow they finally finished testing those things???????? Better place your order with Bob or Chad right now.

Good on ya Whafe.......I was deliberating over blowing my points this summer to go Visit Jeff and Co.....That or Journey to Montana to visit my LBS and test ride some of his Demo fleet he has in stock this year (Criss you know what I mean;) )

#14 ·
All Mountain said:
Whafe you riding South Mountain ?~?

I googled earthed it when i was looking for the Titus Factory (and demo_slugs beloved northstar) ... looks like lot's of trails in there... of some sort (excuse my ignorance SoMo riders :D ) ?~?
I've been there. Didn't ride it, but spent a good chunk of time on and around that area. One thought was on my mind the whole time. What a great place to ride. I'm not all that familiar with the Phoenix area as far as riding is concerned but South Mountain seems to be pretty typical. The area seems to be absolutely loaded with places to ride. My wife and I have considered moving out that way.....

cheers

#16 ·
:D Thanks for all the positive comments.

Was indeed a dream to see the factory, was fizzing at the bung....

TiE, you get the first carbon rear on a ML.... I will score me a Ti El G :D

Cris, would def recommend going to the factory when you are here. It is a cool thing..

AM, yep need the conditioning for sure for Peru. They contacted me and said be reasonably fit, so all good.

And got my flights to Peru and back on airpoints, first time have been able to use them, and sheesh, I have a shiat load... So will fly there business class, what a luxury, will be a buzz to be up the front................ Oh to work for a company whom let shtere staff fly business class, cause dam, I fly a fair amount.....

#17 ·
Whafe said:
And got my flights to Peru and back on airpoints, first time have been able to use them, and sheesh, I have a shiat load... So will fly there business class, what a luxury, will be a buzz to be up the front................ Oh to work for a company whom let shtere staff fly business class, cause dam, I fly a fair amount.....
I suppose you arranged a stop at Mexico City... :rolleyes:
(Just teasing you... :D :thumbsup: )

#20 ·
MtnBikerChk said:
SO tell me.... is my pic up in their breakroom on a dartboard? :D
Well now that you mention it, I can make some comments on this... It was hard to tell, the head in the picture was full of holes............ So it could have been you...........:D :D

Its ok, I am up there now to get some holes...........

#22 ·
All Mountain said:
Whafe was just being a polite gentleman.... it has a mustache, three eyes, and fake boobs on it now

Can we get a photo of your Titus, please... I think it has a nice polished rare... I like those :)
Yes MBC, we need a pic of your frame, or in fact your bike please.......

#24 ·
Why thank you MBC................. Are you caneing it and riding it hard?

Hope you are a happy camper with your steed once again...

#26 ·
MtnBikerChk said:
hhmm - not sure what "caneing it" means but yes I'm in love again - thank you for asking :thumbsup:

[/end thread hijack]
Sorry, some New Zealand speak.... caneing it, going hard, riding it to the max etc....

Pleased you are in love again... I am more in love with my ML after riding in Az for 5 days....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.