"Its All Good"

Whafe & the ML go to Sedona, Az, US of A

So made my way out to Sedona, Az, yesterday.

Got an early night and got up at 6AM to dodge the heat. Am staying in a B&B in the village of Oak Creek, which is on the South side of Sedona, those that have been here, it is more or less behind the Bike n Bean LBS. (great LBS and great staff in there, rate it highly. )

So this morning rode the trails around the rock formation Courtehouse Butte, Courtehouse Loop & the Big Park Loops. Cool area for a play... Headed back to the B&B for breakfast at 8.30, which was a great 3 course breakfast.... Dam great not having to drive to the trailhead, its only 300M away....

Mid morning, headed out again. Was dam hot too, but hey, am here to ride.. Headed up the Bell Rock Path towards the Templeton Trail, rode the Templeton Trail onto the Baldwin Trail, then stopped at Oak Creek for a swim and some food.. Then headed back out on Baldwin, onto Templeton again.....Must say, this ride was one of the better trails I have ridden, some great short climbs, great slickrock to play on, great to hike up the rocks a bit and blast down.... This is an awesome area, not ideal timing heat wise, but still, 100F and no humidity is not too bad, just need to keep the water uptake up...

A few shots.

Various rock formations, Cactus are still pretty mean here, few shots of the ML. Some shots of the swimming hole and rope swing. Had to put the ML on the swing, some will not understand, guess its my warped SOH...........

Had a blast today riding, somem challenging spots and some cruisy parts... Will head to Flagstaff tomorrow after a small hike first thing in the morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"Its All Good"
    More pics............
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"Its All Good"
    and more pics.................

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    that's some pretty cool stuff right there.......

cheers,
    simp

thats right living legend
    Well now, that beats a Turner couch shot.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    awesome shots, Whafe!

Love the one of the bike hanging over the water!

Captain Underpants
    ML on the swing, hilarious! Always loved the way they designed that frame, it is a very sweet looking ride.

mtbr member
    Cool pics, Whafe. Creative.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Lovely shots! I, too, am really liking the ones of the bike on the swing. Who cares what any onlookers may think

"Its All Good"
    Thanks all, yep, had to get one of the ML on the swing. There were a few other folks picnicing etc, they must have thought I was on some pretty mean stuff... Just fresh air.....

And yes BA, you read my mind, there was a bit of me wanting to dig the homers and the couch shots...

Had another day on the ML in Flagstaff, this frame and bike still put such a smile on my dial, still after a year.. It is a sweet sweet frame design, climbs and decends like a true star.... I have had the good fortune to ride many bikes, and not being biased, this steed is truly magical.................
    Last edited by Whafe; 06-16-2007 at 05:25 PM.

"El Whatever"
    Awesome!!!

Just plain awesome!

You gotta share some of those pics in full resolution, bro. You know where to send them.

Oh... And I wish I had your skills!
    Check my Site

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Awesome!!!

Just plain awesome!

You gotta share some of those pics in full resolution, bro. You know where to send them.

Oh... And I wish I had your skills!
    Cheers Warp, a whole lotta yeah ha for sure.

Remind me on the pics next week...

mtbr member

Timing...

Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Cheers Warp, a whole lotta yeah ha for sure.

Remind me on the pics next week...
    Damn, Whafe! I live in Sedona and would have gladly shown you around, but I've been in Utah / Las Vegas for three weeks... oh well, next time!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    top photos. the riding looks tip top. very jealous

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollin'in'Zona
    Damn, Whafe! I live in Sedona and would have gladly shown you around, but I've been in Utah / Las Vegas for three weeks... oh well, next time!
    Sheesh, small world... Next time, you have some fantastic riding on your doorstep. Have to say it, in some ways better than Moab!

Place is a blast to play around on the trails and climb stuff and decend etc etc etc..

Veni Vidi Vici
    Those are wonderful sights youve seen there Whafe Thanks for sharing