Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,715

    Whafe & the ML go to Flagstaff, Az, US of A

    Cruised up the freeway to Flagstaff this morning from Little Creek, Sedona. Found a great coffee place called Caffeine Train I believe, great coffee, so my first pic is quite fitting form the trail head carpark...

    Having not been here and forgetting to print out the map that some good dudes on MTBR posted, I headed to a trail that I had read quite alot about. The area of Mount Eldon. A sweet riding area.

    I did the Schultz Creek Trail, Jedi Trail, Little Gnarly. Not a HUGE ride, body is knowing have ridden for days now in the heat, am a wuss....

    I loved the riding here, it reminded me of home in New Zealand, but way drier. Was quite dusty, but nothing out of the ordinary for me, Spain is dryer than a nuns nasty normally.

    So sweet flowy trails, found some sweet steep mountain side stuff which was a blast. Its terrain like that when I wish I was riding with others, cool photo op's but I SUCK at the self timer stuff. So took a few shots, non action sorry, the one self timer. Also a couple pics coming through a bit of typical terrian it seems for the trails I found..

    Love dusty trails where you can see how much ones fork saves ones butt...

    Had a cool day. Am going to head up there again tomorrow, have posted in the Az forum if any cats wnat a tag along Kiwi to ride with... Be cool to meet some folks of MTBR again, short notice, but hey, will see what transpires...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  2. #2
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,715
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  3. #3
    So is your face
    Reputation: celluloid hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    570
    Whafe, been checking out all of your AZ riding pics today. Great stuff! I was planning to go to Phoenix to ride this summer but decided not to. Guess what, thanks to you, now it's back on! It looks like so much fun.

    The shots of Flagstaff look awesome. I've been there once, but haven't ridden there. I'm gonna have to add that to my list too.

    Good job bringing the elusive DH out of hiding. I think you snapped the first riding shots of her ever.

    Looks like you guys had great fun, even though you did try to push her off a cliff because her making fun of your farting got to you a little too much.
    IT'S NOT THE FALL THAT HURTS. IT'S WHEN YOU HIT THE GROUND.

  4. #4
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,664
    Sweet... I agree with the signs... Starbuck's coffee is pretty bad.

    How you liking the Schwalbes??

    What's that shot of the Pike with the line? Showing it was an easy ride??

    Man, I'm feeling the stoke!
    Check my Site

  5. #5
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,715
    Quote Originally Posted by celluloid hero
    Whafe, been checking out all of your AZ riding pics today. Great stuff! I was planning to go to Phoenix to ride this summer but decided not to. Guess what, thanks to you, now it's back on! It looks like so much fun.

    The shots of Flagstaff look awesome. I've been there once, but haven't ridden there. I'm gonna have to add that to my list too.

    Good job bringing the elusive DH out of hiding. I think you snapped the first riding shots of her ever.

    Looks like you guys had great fun, even though you did try to push her off a cliff because her making fun of your farting got to you a little too much.
    C hero - Indeed come to this area, has been real good riding. Watch the heat though, can zap it out of you. Hyrdrate, hydrate, then a little more hydrating...

    Yes, they could well be the first shots....

    Yep, she complains constantly about my air biscuits... its the protein and the cliff bars, sheesh, they make me have wind for Africa....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  6. #6
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Sweet... I agree with the signs... Starbuck's coffee is pretty bad.

    How you liking the Schwalbes??

    What's that shot of the Pike with the line? Showing it was an easy ride??

    Man, I'm feeling the stoke!
    Am loving these tires. The Big Betty on the front is awesome, am glad I went with this...

    The Noby Nic on the back is tight, this being the Evo 2.4. Would be no good if there was any mud, there is about 1mm clearance, too much air and it rubs....

    But in the dry here, am stoked with them. For me though the front is key, my back end usually follows. So go the Big Betty...

    The Pike shot, I was saying, love the dusty rides and a clean stanchion, shows the travel is being put to good use...

    Go the stoke............
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  7. #7
    FM
    FM is offline
    luxatio erecta
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,884
    Thats awesome you are checking that area out. The Sedona/Flagstaff combo is my favorite riding in the US (Since Whistler is in a foreign country )

    I have a really good buddy that lives a few blocks from Mt. Eldin. He's taken me on some great rides there. The backside is really good riding too.

    I've probably done 4-6 riding trips to Sedona. One of my all time favorite rides was doing a big loop all the way around town. Started near soldiers pass, worked over to oak creek, schnebly hill, chickenhead point, cathedral rock, back along oak creek, up past the high school on the way to soldiers pass.

    Bike & Bean rocks!

    Thanks for the stoke. See you in July!

  8. #8
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,715
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Thats awesome you are checking that area out. The Sedona/Flagstaff combo is my favorite riding in the US (Since Whistler is in a foreign country )

    I have a really good buddy that lives a few blocks from Mt. Eldin. He's taken me on some great rides there. The backside is really good riding too.

    I've probably done 4-6 riding trips to Sedona. One of my all time favorite rides was doing a big loop all the way around town. Started near soldiers pass, worked over to oak creek, schnebly hill, chickenhead point, cathedral rock, back along oak creek, up past the high school on the way to soldiers pass.

    Bike & Bean rocks!

    Thanks for the stoke. See you in July!
    Loving this area, for me, many will think odd, but if Moab didnt have the valley off the edge of Porcupine, this area is better... Hiking slightly off the Templeton Trail up the faces is a blast. Would be rad on the Highline or Nicolai

    Yep, the dudes in Bike n Bean are great. Real true LBS...

    All booked for July, expensive flights, but have to do it. Will fly into Vancouver, was some 500 USD cheaper than flying into Seatlle.......... Have a rental, so can come and meet you all somewhere on your way to Whistler.....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •