mtbr member
    Oct 2012

well finally got the 04 racer x complete

Thanks to 3 months of ebay searching and some craigslist help I put together a titus racer x for my wife.

This was a surprise for her as this year we are going to ride together and her wanting to be in better shape.

My build started as a bare frame with rear suspension attached, I did all shimano xt components with a 3x9 drivetrain , mavic rims with xt hubs and kenda tires, fox 32 float with RL fork that I did a complete rebuild on with the help from Dan at pacific cycle ( fantastic guy and knows his forks ) sram rocket shifters, answer limited 35mm x 31.8 stem with esi chunky grips new jagwire cables and avid brakes with 160mm rotors, straitline platform pedals and custom graphics which I could not get in the color I wanted and Im sure im missing something but all together I have 1000.00 into the build.

Its been an education buying, building and Im glad its over but excited to see it on the trail knowing I did the build myself...

Thanks to anyone on MTBR for any and all the help with questions I may have had along the way.
    This is a great site and its appreciated.

Here are a few photos of the build.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails well finally got the 04 racer x complete-titus-bike.jpg  

well finally got the 04 racer x complete-titus-decals.jpg  

well finally got the 04 racer x complete-titusbareframe.jpg  

well finally got the 04 racer x complete-titusframe.jpg  

~ B A D A S S ~
    I like it. Can you post a closeup on the stem and pedals?
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    here are a few shots of the stem, pedals...
    The stem was a limited edition from answer and "fixation" and this color and a few others were the only way to get this stem.

The pedals are straitline and my wife didnt want to be clipped in and give a good platform a try, I think she will be pleased with these...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails well finally got the 04 racer x complete-amyspedals.jpg  

well finally got the 04 racer x complete-amysstem.jpg  

well finally got the 04 racer x complete-amysstem2.jpg  

~ B A D A S S ~
    That stem looks really nice, and the pedals too.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

Bike Addiction
    Beautiful RX. Hope the wife has some shin guards just in case. Flats pedals do leave scars. But so do chainrings etc... Nice work on the build.
    Disclaimer: Always get a second opinion cause I'm just guessing

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Shin guards have been well noted and I will be buying some for both of us, I have the straitline amp pedals in my yeti 575 which was also just finished.