mtbr member

weight of racer x models?

I did the search but came up with nothing, I thought this would have been debated. I was wondering what the weight of the ti, al and exogrid large 100 racers x's are. I'm looking at adding a new 'for race only' bike to my stable and the racer x is second on my list.

Sexy Mother Fakir
    SpeedGoat has the aluminum Racer-X listed at 2495g, which is 5.5lbs. Since the ti and exo's tend to be custom, their weights will vary. I'm sure someone else will chime in though and give you the weight of their ti or exo rig.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Racer X100 weight

My racer X100 small X-grid weights 5.3lbs. Will an aluminum version exogrid be possible in the future and that's going to shave about .2 or .3lbs less? Will see...

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I have a stock large Ti Racer-X with the RP23. The AL version is a bit lighter, but my build came to 25 lbs even. Light enough for me. Like a dope, I never weighed the frame alone.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

ti racer

Ti Titus is heavy.The tubes are way to thick. My custom xs-s Racer is pushing 5.6 pounds. If you are looking for a strictly race / light weight frame - look somewhere else.
    If I had an idea my frame will be that heavy, I would not have ordered it to begin with.
    If I had to choose again, Id choose Sewanee or Nitrous. Extra inch of travel is definitely not worth such weight penalty for me.

K n e e m o i
    Small AL RX, 5.1 with seat collar. 5.0 without. the scale only displayed to the tenth scale. Does seat collar weigh 0.1lb, probably not.....

I think everyone knows this, but the weight obviously depends on the size also, so if you are "weight-weening", make sure that you're not comparing a Large RX to a Medium Epic, or whatever.
    "Prison sports are really fun. I get used as a frisbee, a dartboard, and a second base!" - Kneemoi

Ti is addictive
    All out race bike---> go Aluminum (5 lbs mark for small)
    Endurance or more Trails----> Then go Ti or Exogrid (Ti is for sure 4 ounces heavier, more if custom and you're a heffer, I don't know if I believe the Exogrid claims of same as the aluminum version).

All out race bikes for lotsa people are buy it, ride it, then toss(sell on e-bay) it after one season mentality. If you are one of those then save yourself the money and do not buy the Ti or Exogrid version as you'll be taking a serious loss every season. Or just go get sponsored.

mtbr member
    May 2006

2007 Large weight: 6 pounds 1/2 ounce on our shipping scale

FWIW

This is as shipped from titus which included the seat collar and der. hanger.

this is for Aluminum with paint

the train keeps rollin

AL is lighter..

Quote Originally Posted by jchembel
    Ti Titus is heavy.The tubes are way to thick. My custom xs-s Racer is pushing 5.6 pounds. If you are looking for a strictly race / light weight frame - look somewhere else.
    If I had an idea my frame will be that heavy, I would not have ordered it to begin with.
    If I had to choose again, Id choose Sewanee or Nitrous. Extra inch of travel is definitely not worth such weight penalty for me.
    Lighter isn't always better.. legs, lungs, and the will to suffer wins races.

Nitrous has a 185lb weight limit must be a noodle of a frame..

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdrifter
    Lighter isn't always better.. legs, lungs, and the will to suffer wins races.

Nitrous has a 185lb weight limit must be a noodle of a frame..
    Sounds flexy to me.

the train keeps rollin

typo..

actually it's 165lb limit...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    My medium 2006 RX weighed 5.4 lbs with RP3. It weighs 24.6 lbs on my alpine scale with UST tires and a Fox F100 RLT.

If I was building a race only bike a Racer X would be on my short list. A Nitrous might be but probably not. What would be as mentioned is a Litespeed Sewanee. I've ridden both a lot (I own a Racer X and Litespeeds are made here and we test demo bikes from them). The Sewanee felt like it had more travel than it does and the Racer X the opposite. Both great bikes but as Race Only I'd probably give the nod to the Sewanee. If we are talking 12/24 Hour races and all around trail/race bike the Racer X wins.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    6 lbs1 ounce 2006 aluminumXL racer-x w/seat collar and ti-bolt kit. Also had a plasic water bottle cage mounted.