At Work

Waterbottle Cage Mounts

For Ghits and Siggles I decided to put a carbon bottle cage off my road bike on my FTM. With it being in the 90's I am going through the 60-70 oz of water in my pack. So, through on the cage. Guess what, you cannot get a bottle in there!!!!!!! I have not used a bottle on a bike in years but with the hot weather I just started carrying an extra bottle. Guess I need to get a larger pack.

At Work
    anybody else notice this?

I need a new name
    Jun 2004
    What size frame and what size water bottle? Would a side entry cage make it any easier?
    i ride bikes

At Work
    Larger frame. Small and Large.

I put a regular style (Alum) on it and could get a small bottle in there, but it was really tight, no gettng it out while riding.

It is a moot point since I use a Hydration Pack, but had been carrying gatorade in a bottle on my Sugar since it has been hot and humid.

I need a new name
    Jun 2004
    On my medium motolite a large 24oz bottle is a tight squeeze. I've considered using a side entry cage. I normally use a hydration pack as well but on longer rides it's nice to have some extra.
    i ride bikes

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Bummer. On long rides, 35 miles and up, I use both my water bottle cages on my ML for sports drinks and a 100 oz bladder. It's actually been one of my favorite features of the ML having two cages for epic rides. I'm hoping they bring back the second cage on newer models, it's not the ideal location below the downtube, but it beats stuffing an extra bottle in the pack or using one of those twofish options.

At Work
    You can get a mount that mounts to the seatpost.
    Ran across that. Or use a side mount cage.
    I may go that route for longer rides.

txn
    mtbr member
    I put a side entry cage on my medium ML2 so I use a bigger bottle. In the summer I like to have a bottle for sports drinks. I've never lost a bottle with this cage, either.

I won't use the mounts on the bottom of the down tube, however. Too many opportunities to get cow or dog 5h1t on the bottle.

At Work
    Lol