mtbr member
    Jul 2010

URGENT! NEED TITUS FIRELINE rear derailleur hanger

I puchased a titus fireline 29er in late august of last year. (2010)

The hanger that holds the derailer on the bike broke and I need a new one.

I wanna buy 2 or 3 in case this ever happens again as I cant find the part anywhere.

Please tell me how I can get this part and what I need to do because thanks to titus I have a 3500.00 paper weight until I can find this 20.00 piece.......rediculous!

Dan Spangler
    513-260-7333

Dozer
    From your area code, it looks like you're a Cincy guy. Call BikerBob. He'll know what to do!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    It's not ridiculous. You should always have a spare hanger handy. It's one of the must have's in your pack when you go biking (extra tube, SRAM power link, etc...).

Don't know why you don't get an extra hanger when you buy a bike. A couple manufacturers do this but not all.

Chris

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Bob doesnt have any, already asked him soon as it happened.

I am fairly new to mountain biking, therefore didnt know about keeping a spare.

I thought when I paid that much for a bike that parts would be readily available. I meant it's rediculous that after paying 3500.00 for a bike and they go out of business a month later and theres no response from them via email or phone.

Trust me, if I find them I am buying many extras

Dan

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

hung out to dry

Quote Originally Posted by dsignguy View Post
    Bob doesnt have any, already asked him soon as it happened.

I am fairly new to mountain biking, therefore didnt know about keeping a spare.

I thought when I paid that much for a bike that parts would be readily available. I meant it's rediculous that after paying 3500.00 for a bike and they go out of business a month later and theres no response from them via email or phone.

Trust me, if I find them I am buying many extras

Dan
    I bought two sets from Titus recently. They are expensive because they come in pairs and are highly machined. I haven't ever broken one so don't stock them, just the other hangers that most people need all the time.

They are pretty beefy and because it's a ti frame, unlikely to break the dropout.

Sold one and gave one to a good friend who rides his 26" Titus Eleven fast and hard all over Colorado. I only have a spare singlespeed set for myself.

Unfortunately, Ben Webster has parted ways with Titus. Not sure who is taking his place for parts, warranty, and shipping, but I hope they find a good replacement, if that's even possible. Ben was at Titus for years and last man standing.

Try 650 728 2453 to reach him for advice.

Dozer
    Seems like I remember an online 3rd party source for all sorts of hangers. Do any of these look like they'd work?
    http://derailleurhanger.com/titus.htm

Good luck.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Daryl (formerly of Titus) will probably hate me for this, but Form Cycles is supposed to be making them at some point. They wanted to wait till the dust settled with Titus, and chat with the new folks first, but when I was speaking with him about the frame I'm having built, I asked if they had any floating around, or had the files and could whip some off.

It was a while back, I could be off on my particulars, but the take away was, I wasn't going to be out in the cold. Gave my last one to a customer or mine that roached his (I know, I'm a really nice guy!) Since then, I tweaked the crap out of mine, was able to salvage it, just did it again the other night, and amazingly, was able to tweak it right, again. Those things are bullet proof, much sturdier than most hangers out there...

OP, is it broken? If not, have a shop try to straighten it, but they better have big arms, I kid you not, I had a tough time even getting it to move the first time.

Form is also quietly repairing Titus ti frames, they do fantastic work. No diss on the new Titus, just another avenue, depending on whether they are willing and able to do this sort of stuff in house now and in the near future.

Also, not that I supported it, but Lynskey was building the last run or two of ti frames, and chance they made the hangers for them at the same time? No idea, just popped into my head....
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by dsignguy View Post
    I puchased a titus fireline 29er in late august of last year. (2010)

The hanger that holds the derailer on the bike broke and I need a new one.

I wanna buy 2 or 3 in case this ever happens again as I cant find the part anywhere.

Please tell me how I can get this part and what I need to do because thanks to titus I have a 3500.00 paper weight until I can find this 20.00 piece.......rediculous!

Dan Spangler
    513-260-7333
    Dan, I know we talked to you yesterday. We do have the hangers. Just need to unpack them. I will remind the crew to call you.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

Yo tambien

Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    Dan, I know we talked to you yesterday. We do have the hangers. Just need to unpack them. I will remind the crew to call you.
    Hey, looks like I need one, too. Please have the crew call me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerbob.com View Post
    Hey, looks like I need one, too. Please have the crew call me.
    Will do, Bob. You should talk with Michael about Titus in general, too.
    mtbtires.com

Get out of town!
    I have a steel exogrid frame that I bought from Bikerbob. If I had an issue with my rear d hanger bending or breaking would I be able to resolve this through Titus or should I call Bikerbob to set it up?

I have had no issues with the frame (once a few problems were sorted) but I had wondered how I would go about having any problems solved after the transition.

Thanks.
    "You can't discern by calculating in your mind how it will work. You have to feel how it rides differently to understand."

Quote Originally Posted by Ridin'Dirty View Post
    I have a steel exogrid frame that I bought from Bikerbob. If I had an issue with my rear d hanger bending or breaking would I be able to resolve this through Titus or should I call Bikerbob to set it up?

I have had no issues with the frame (once a few problems were sorted) but I had wondered how I would go about having any problems solved after the transition.

Thanks.
    Start with Bob. Bent hangers are not a warranty issue. Just realign it.

I am not familiar with the steel Exo. Does it use a replaceable hanger?
    mtbtires.com

I am not familiar with the steel Exo. Does it use a replaceable hanger?
    IIRC, they do not. Typical old school steel drop out.

Ridin'Dirty, steel typically holds up better to readjustment than aluminum. So it can likely be bent back should you need to. If the hole and threads are too far gone at that point, it can be helicoiled. I've done more than a few over the years, and it works just like new after it's done.

So Shiggy, you guys have them in stock still? Haven't had time to call in the last few days Mine has really seen better days, but continues to forge ahead.....

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith View Post
    IIRC, they do not. Typical old school steel drop out.

Ridin'Dirty, steel typically holds up better to readjustment than aluminum. So it can likely be bent back should you need to. If the hole and threads are too far gone at that point, it can be helicoiled. I've done more than a few over the years, and it works just like new after it's done.

So Shiggy, you guys have them in stock still? Haven't had time to call in the last few days Mine has really seen better days, but continues to forge ahead.....
    Dropouts/hangers (yes, some types) or steel Exos (no)?
    mtbtires.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Dropouts and frame spares are now available to buy on the shopify site here: http://titus-bikes.myshopify.com/col...s/frame-spares

Dropouts/hangers (yes, some types) or steel Exos (no)?
    Sorry, I was speaking in the original context of this thread, I need a der hanger for an Exo FCR. From the response below, sounds like they are in, so I can call too? I don't shop on line.....

Thanks!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Sorry, I was speaking in the original context of this thread, I need a der hanger for an Exo FCR. From the response below, sounds like they are in, so I can call too? I don't shop on line.....

Thanks!
    Email info@ titusti.com with your number and ask for a call back.
    mtbtires.com

Email info@ titusti.com with your number and ask for a call back.
    I haven't bothered to call yet, but now I'm curious. I can't just call anymore, as a dealer? Or is the online thing totally separate, and currently the only source for this stuff?

I was/am a dealer, and haven't gotten so much as boo from you guys since "it" happened. Don't know if that's the norm or not, but it's what's going on here, I'm not ticked off mind you, just saying.

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

I haven't bothered to call yet, but now I'm curious. I can't just call anymore, as a dealer? Or is the online thing totally separate, and currently the only source for this stuff?

I was/am a dealer, and haven't gotten so much as boo from you guys since "it" happened. Don't know if that's the norm or not, but it's what's going on here, I'm not ticked off mind you, just saying.
    You can call, I just do not have the number in front of me. Talk to Michael about the dealer situation.
    mtbtires.com

You can call, I just do not have the number in front of me. Talk to Michael about the dealer situation.
    Cool, understood, thanks!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Titus Fireline Ti Geared Dropouts Hangers

I have an offer on eBay. Don't use eBay if you are interested. Send me a message! I can send you pictures too!

Drive, and Non-Drive side dropouts for Ti Fireline Frames. Fits:

2009 Ti Fireline 26"
    2009 Ti Fireline 29"
    2010 Ti Fireline 26"
    2010 Ti Fireline 29"

These are custom made. Made of steel and thicker construction than the original ones. These won't break!!!

They are made in Switzerland on a CNC machine. They are much stronger than the original aluminum ones!

Since they have to be made individually the waiting time is about 2 weeks! They are not in stock!

I had them made for my own Titus Titanium frame since the original ones broke. They cost me more than $1000. To make additional ones is of course much cheaper.

They ship worldwide with tracking number.

Payment with Paypal.

If you have any questions please contact me before purchasing the item!

mtbr member
    Hey Shiggy;

As long as we are sourcing parts, do you guys have any bearing kits for the '09 FTM? I got a bounce when I emailed info@titus...

Thanks- Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Pittzer View Post
    Hey Shiggy;

As long as we are sourcing parts, do you guys have any bearing kits for the '09 FTM? I got a bounce when I emailed info@titus...

Thanks- Jeff
    we should have the bearing kits.

Try sales@titusti.com
    mtbtires.com