Where is my mind?

Top swing or Bottom swing FD on ML

This may be a dumb question, but I've been having misshifting problems on my chainrings when I get off the saddle on a climb. I notice that the swingarm bangs into the front deralleur cable to causes the misshift. What FD does everyone have on their ML'?
    "'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says god, 'for proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing'"

- Douglas Adams: "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

mtbr member
    I'm using top swing top pull (Shimano XT-M760a) FD on ML and it works great.

Where is my mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by sungchang
    I've got the M761. Never had a problem until I had to switch out my cranks (RF Deus to XT). Usually not a problem until I hit the bumpy/steep climbs. But when it happens it drives me nuts. Thanks I'll look into the M760.
    "'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says god, 'for proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing'"

mtbr member
    Yeah no issues with M760 with RF Deus and XT crankset. So give M760 a try.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I use a M750 on my ML with an XT 760 crank, no issues. The 750 is cheaper and I believe a tad lighter. Works great.

Where is my mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by painless40
    I use a M750 on my ML with an XT 760 crank, no issues. The 750 is cheaper and I believe a tad lighter. Works great.
    M750 is that 2005 or earlier?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

FD 750 Top Swing

It may be 2005, not sure, they are on sale at CBO for like 17 or 18 bucks. It was recommended to me by Revolution cycles, they build at lot of Titus.

Where is my mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by sungchang
    Do you know the difference between the M760 and the M760a? I went to my LBS and they couldn't figure it out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclopod
    Do you know the difference between the M760 and the M760a? I went to my LBS and they couldn't figure it out.
    Actually I don't think there is a difference between the two. M760/760A is a top swing dual pull and M761 is a bottom swing dual pull as far as I can recollect.

Where is my mind?
    Thanks for all your help. Went to my LBS and order an XT-M760A front derailleur. Got to test it in one of my local trails that has heavily rooted climbs and is the source of a lot of explicits from yours truely and today I went over them without even a grunt (from me or the bike). New derailleur is just right and confidence is restored!