Hueston Woods Trail Crew

Too many Motolites!

I just counted 5 new Motolite frames and one demo sitting in my shop. What happened to all that demand?
    Two large, a medium, and 3 smalls.
    Any thoughts? Does everybody who ever wanted one get one already?
    Bob

mtbr member
    Can't buy bike, must buy gas.......
    The bike is never to heavy, you are just to WEAK!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

One medium ML?

I guess you meant two, unless you are counting mine as one of those available!

"El Whatever"
    Weird... there's few to none bikes better for that price. Either people want to pay more or can't afford to pay as much (but I doubt the latter).

Also, there's too much misinformation and gossip around (if the bike is made in Taiwan , the already solved paint issue, the already solved rear tyre clearance issue, etc).

I'm sure you'll clear them soon, Bob!

(I'd help you to lighten your burden, but the Blade just doesn't shows any signs of aging)
    Check my Site

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerbob.com
    I just counted 5 new Motolite frames and one demo sitting in my shop. What happened to all that demand?
    Bob
    If you don't want them, just send them my way, I'll bet they make great rental bikes at Ajusco..... j/k

Anyway, how's the demand right now for bikes in the same segment?

"Its All Good"
    Bob, all those US of A folk have purchased there bikes for the summer, no more till the snow comes ready for the next summer, YES?

I am talking them up on this side of the ditch...................
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    i want one, but unless i can EP a frame, it'll be 6 - 8 weeks until i can afford it.

BBW
    mtbr member

New question here. how do they solved the paint issue?

My ML chips from the first day, very nasty, never been in such a situation with 100$ frames... I have photos taken and it's wraped in tubes right know to protect her, although she weights like 1 pound more jajaja
    Should I send the pictures to where I get the bike (online) to see if they can get in touch with Titus and repaint the the bike????
    Could this be the solution now that I'm movieng from Venezuela to Florida (easyer to send frame, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Weird... there's few to none bikes better for that price. Either people want to pay more or can't afford to pay as much (but I doubt the latter).

Also, there's too much misinformation and gossip around (if the bike is made in Taiwan , the already solved paint issue, the already solved rear tyre clearance issue, etc).

I'm sure you'll clear them soon, Bob!

(I'd help you to lighten your burden, but the Blade just doesn't shows any signs of aging)

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by BBW
    My ML chips from the first day, very nasty, never been in such a situation with 100$ frames... I have photos taken and it's wraped in tubes right know to protect her, although she weights like 1 pound more jajaja
    Should I send the pictures to where I get the bike (online) to see if they can get in touch with Titus and repaint the the bike????
    Could this be the solution now that I'm movieng from Venezuela to Florida (easyer to send frame, etc)
    BBW, from what I have read on the threads, am 100% Titus would re paint or sort the frame for you. As you say, it will more than likely be far easier when you move to Florida.

Would have with you though all the invoices from the online company you purchased from etc.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.......................
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Bob
    Hmmm, at the same time Titus is not interested in delivering bikes to smaller European importers...
    I might be interested even if I have already sworn that I will test ride my next bikes... not that ordering bikes untested from other side of world would be news to me.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by BBW

As far as I know, the chipping was a problem related to curing that happened to a batch. It should be resolved by now.

But yeah, anyone with a paint chip problem should document it and go back to the Titus dealer who sold the bike (doesn't matter if online or LBS, online shops are Titus dealers also and should stand by it) and make them to send your claim to Titus.

In your very specific case, if they don't offer to cover for shipping (they should), I'd contact Titus and get something that would work for you. Maybe getting a local powdercoating shop to quote the job (you have cars, stoves, refrigerators, etc. there should be powdercoating or automotive quality shops - hell, even we do ) and Titus to pay for it should be cost effective for both companies.

Or as someone mentioned on other thread... swallow the pill and get your frame repainted with the color scheme of your dreams on your own. But that would be your decision.

Thing is, let your dealer know. Make them to make you happy. If that doesn't work, let Titus know... they care a lot about their bikes and the people selling their bikes. They don't like to let customers down.
    Check my Site

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

Norway likes Titus

I have a lot of customers in Norway. Used to live there way back when. Most excellent trails everywhere. Hiking/skiing is the national pasttime, rather than watching baseball.
    Jeg har solgt tre eller fire Titus i Norge i det siste aar. Svalbard inkludert.
    Ha det bra,
    Bob

"El Whatever"
    I have a lot of customers in Norway. Used to live there way back when. Most excellent trails everywhere. Hiking/skiing is the national pasttime, rather than watching baseball.
    Ha det bra,
    Bob
    So, that would make Norway, Mexico, Central America, Spain... man, you're a really international distributor!
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I wish there was a surplus here in Canada, I've been waiting for a blue medium motolite since May...the delivery date keeps getting pushed...Im not sure who to blame, the canadian retailer or titus...sigh

Ti is addictive
    who's canadian retailer, can only think of 2 places in Canada you can purchase Titus from.

mtbr member
    Bob
    My friends can't wait, so Bob you got PM. That should help you unload them Thanks for the pics of the frames and 07 Talas RLC.

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by sungchang
    My friends can't wait, so Bob you got PM. That should help you unload them Thanks for the pics of the frames and 07 Talas RLC.
    What about you? When do you get your own ML? You know you want one.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharma
    I wish there was a surplus here in Canada, I've been waiting for a blue medium motolite since May...the delivery date keeps getting pushed...Im not sure who to blame, the canadian retailer or titus...sigh
    It's not the retailer. I bought my Racer 100X from one of the Canadian retailer (Chain Reaction) and all delays were Titus's or their supplier's. A retailer can't give you a bike that isn't hasn't even been made yet or shipped yet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg
    What about you? When do you get your own ML? You know you want one.
    Got one You and Rensho convinced me that I needed to join the ML club.

mtbr member

3 new MLs will be born...

My friends and I were too excited about the prospect of getting new MLs. One to replace my RX. One to replace my friends SC Blur. New rider with one of the best bikes in the market to start with. Once decision was made that we are getting MLs, none of us wanted to wait. So we placed order with BikerBob who happened to have the exact bikes that we wanted in stock (1 medium blue ML, 1 small blue ML and 1 small grey ML). Photos of the frame and 07 Talas RLC courtesy of BikerBob.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Paper or plastic?
    My friends and I were too excited about the prospect of getting new MLs. One to replace my RX. One to replace my friends SC Blur. New rider with one of the best bikes in the market to start with. Once decision was made that we are getting MLs, none of us wanted to wait. So we placed order with BikerBob who happened to have the exact bikes that we wanted in stock (1 medium blue ML, 1 small blue ML and 1 small grey ML). Photos of the frame and 07 Talas RLC courtesy of BikerBob.
    Friggin awesome!! Welcome to the club.

When do you get that new puppy saddled up? I'll have to check out the 07 Talas for myself. That lever looks like a great feature.

the 36 year old grom
    Friggin awesome!! Welcome to the club.

When do you get that new puppy saddled up? I'll have to check out the 07 Talas for myself. That lever looks like a great feature.
    wow 3 more MLs in the bay area.... soon they'll be more common then nomads... . ok maybe not.

mtbr member
    Mine will be built up a little later than others. BikerBob had 2 07 Talas in stock, so I let my friends get them first since I have RX to occupy me over.

mtbr member
    I have an 06 Motolite and all the paint problems and lack of resolution in my own case have left me disapointed . As far as the demand for them goes it seems like the market is moving to 5.5 inchs and up for the "all mountain" catagory making the motolite looking a little too much XC compared to others like the intense 5.5 and Heckler. I am planning on selling my Motolite and buying the new 6.5 inch travel frame Titus has coming out in 07 and I will just expect the paint to fall off it.

the 36 year old grom
    Quote Originally Posted by forceyoda
    I have an 06 Motolite and all the paint problems and lack of resolution in my own case have left me disapointed . As far as the demand for them goes it seems like the market is moving to 5.5 inchs and up for the "all mountain" catagory making the motolite looking a little too much XC compared to others like the intense 5.5 and Heckler. I am planning on selling my Motolite and buying the new 6.5 inch travel frame Titus has coming out in 07 and I will just expect the paint to fall off it.
    i think the point of this post was more like spam........

bob say hey I got 4 new ML forsale, sure wish somebody would buy one ....... now he has 1.

yoda, I'll spare everybody my 2 bike thoery

searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by markom
    Hmmm, at the same time Titus is not interested in delivering bikes to smaller European importers...
    I might be interested even if I have already sworn that I will test ride my next bikes... not that ordering bikes untested from other side of world would be news to me.
    Dont worry, I hear your problem, but, believe me, you can't go wrong with it.
    I got mine untested, and I am NOT dissapointed!
    Kovi

FM
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    yoda, I'll spare everybody my 2 bike thoery
    i.e.
    you can't cut steak with a spoon.
    you can't eat cereal with a knife.

if you like both steak and cereal......

"Its All Good"
    Yoda, I beg to differ, I feel that it is not the consumer so much that is dictating the need for 5.5 inches plus (mainly woman really). No in all seriousness, I feel that there is very little if anything that you cant do on a 5 inch bike as opposed to a 6 inch............. I am sure most will disagree...............

I have had the Id, which was 5 inch, a VP Free (loads of travel) the Dare (mega travel). The 7 inch up you can do more for sure.

I dont think the extra inch to take ya to 6 inches is worth the extra bike weight...........

Just my little old opinion.....

the 36 year old grom
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    i.e.
    you can't cut steak with a spoon.
    you can't eat cereal with a knife.

if you like both steak and cereal......
    or can you. ............. enter the spork. I'm going to toss all my silverware and replace with service for nine in spork.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    or can you. ............. enter the spork. I'm going to toss all my silverware and replace with service for nine in spork.
    I already got full set of them. Those are excellent - for feeding my 12mo son...
    For myself I use steel is real -version from 1945...

FM
    mtbr member
    Ah, the nomad of cutlery! Ugly yet functional. Jack of all trades, master of none.

What part would you use to eat chunky stew?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Ha det bra,
    Bob
    Tack ska du ha...
    (Not a bad guess but a miss anyway )

mtbr member
    We have been moving through them as fast as we get them
    I think we may have a few unspoken for, but they don't last long at all

mtbr member
    Here's the latest update: photo courtesy of BikerBob

2 ML frames shipped out. The steer tube on the new 07 Talas was asked to cut down before being shipped out. Here's pic of one of them.

mtbr member

Yay, my frame and fork finally arrived!

My MotoLite frame and fork are finally here Some pics of the frame. Once I get it built up, I will post better pics.

Paper or plastic?
    My MotoLite frame and fork are finally here Some pics of the frame. Once I get it built up, I will post better pics.
    Very nice. What about a pic of that snazzy new Talas fork?

mtbr member
    Very nice. What about a pic of that snazzy new Talas fork?
    Talas pic was at the early post (#20), so didn't post it I am planning to build it this week, once it's done, I will add some additional pics.

By the way, the new Talas II height adjustment is perfect for my need. 90 degree movent on switch lever and it goes from 100 - 120 - 140. It doesn't have the finesse of previous years; however, the simplicity makes adjustability and usability that much more nicer IMHO.

ಠ_ಠ
    Perhaps you would be interested in my new video!

I'm calling it 7 Minute Abs.

It's 12.5% better than the other video in the same category...

Bike to the Bone...
    Also, I think you should wait for 7.5" trailbikes to apear, because when they do, they will make 5.5 or 6" feel like roadbikes...

I was convinced about guetting the 'El Guapo' bike when it came out, but I'm not sure. The ML handles awesome, and I really like it. Marketing is leading to 'more is best', while it's not necesarily so.

mtbr member
    if you want to feel like you got more travel, try a DHX air on the ML. dang!!! , when it comes down to real craking steep seated climbing, it doen't climb like an RP3. I get a different feeling when the front tire lifts, feels more like a bike with a coil shock. ie the front tire lifts then the rear of the bike sinks lower the the travel.

now the good...

The DHX does blow thru travel. but thats a great thing. its so active. its like its anxiously waiting to eat up that next bump. It made my rear tire feel fatter on the DH. for set up I maxed out the bottom out..... then added 10 more PSI then my RP3 and I was dialed in. very nice. too bad I had to give it back. I had a lot of fun with it. I do a lot of climbing so I'll stick to my RP3, its lighter. but, I can't wait to try out an RP23....

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Marketing is leading to 'more is best', while it's not necesarily so.
    Agree totally here with rzozaya1969. It is all about how you ride. Hang, anymore than 5 inches is not really needed for AM type riding really. If you are rider that just plows down trails not picking lines, nto landing jumps correctly etc, yeah, you will need more travel.

I am sure you all liek myself have seen some riders doing stuff that you think, hell that will destroy the bike but it doesnt, they have the skill to land correctly and not beat the bike up.

Am not saying at all that some terrain does that by default, I guess like some parts of the Shore. But all in all, we are gettign sucked into more is better. I mean by 2008 we will be being told that the new 9 inch travel bike will pedal like a HT.................. BS!!!!!

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Time to drop the price :)

Bob

Give us a reason to buy from you and not the local bike shop.

Jaybo

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo

Jaybo
    Jaybo, read the posts, Bob posted 3 weeks ago, he now does not have 3 ML frames. Price was obviously ok................. Still trying to gain an understandign as to where you are coming from............... Still no worries though..............

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

Local or not

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo

Jaybo
    Firstly, most shops don't carry Titus. I only sell Titus. If your shop spends most of their time on comfort bikes and road bikes, they may not be the best source to advise you on custom builds.
    Secondly, most shops have to order them and have you wait a month or two. I try to stock them. I even get calls from other shops asking to buy some of my inventory, especially large Motolites.
    Thirdly, I have a good relationship with the factory and hear about the occasional one of a kind paint job, or special bike, demos, etc. And we have demos to sell.
    Fourth, we make our own Motolite-Trail Crew Coolmax t-shirts for you. (See`photo)
    And finally, when we're not building Motolites and Racer X's, we work on the trails beside the shop, or take 6 or 7 bikes to demo somewhere. (See photo)
    But if you have a cool shop to get your Titus from, that's good, too. I prefer local customers myself and look forward to seeing the bikes return to ride the trails here.
    Bob

thats right living legend
    Firstly, most shops don't carry Titus. I only sell Titus. If your shop spends most of their time on comfort bikes and road bikes, they may not be the best source to advise you on custom builds.
    Secondly, most shops have to order them and have you wait a month or two. I try to stock them. I even get calls from other shops asking to buy some of my inventory, especially large Motolites.
    Thirdly, I have a good relationship with the factory and hear about the occasional one of a kind paint job, or special bike, demos, etc. And we have demos to sell.
    Fourth, we make our own Motolite-Trail Crew Coolmax t-shirts for you. (See`photo)
    And finally, when we're not building Motolites and Racer X's, we work on the trails beside the shop, or take 6 or 7 bikes to demo somewhere. (See photo)
    But if you have a cool shop to get your Titus from, that's good, too. I prefer local customers myself and look forward to seeing the bikes return to ride the trails here.
    Bob

I like the T-shirt with the ML on it. But you coulda got one of the twins to model for us, no? I mean, I just can't tell with it on the hanger like that...

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

By popular demand

The twins posing with chopper and Motolite.

thats right living legend
    The twins posing with chopper and Motolite.

Just brings a tear to my eye. Bob, your kindness knows no bounds...

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Mah ha ha ha ha ha ha

Paper or plastic?
    Post of the day.

"El Whatever"
    I like the T-shirt with the ML on it. But you coulda got one of the twins to model for us, no? I mean, I just can't tell with it on the hanger like that...
    The green one looks much better in the flesh.

Yeah, Bob may not be local... but what happens when you don't have a local bike shop anyway?

Check my post of the Mexican Expo-Bici and you'll notice buying here is not the ideal option.

I went thru much less pains ordering some spares from Bob, than what I had done thru my LBS. When you go into a Fox Authorized Dealer, ask for some reducers for your bike and they tell you they don't have them and they can't order them (or don't give you an estimate on delivery, or if they lie about it)... you just simply send a mail to Bikerbob (or Larry, or Chad, or Charles) and get the thing done.

Sometimes, the best LBS 3000 miles away. I'll gladly pay that extra for getting what I need when I want and with the peace of mind that gives you that in case of a problem, someone will stood there for you, no matter where you are.

Man... those twins are hawt...
    Check my Site

"Its All Good"
    Normal Jaybo tactics , just trying to get a rise, dropping some bait................. Bob got hooked though............

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    The green one looks much better in the flesh.

Yeah, Bob may not be local... but what happens when you don't have a local bike shop anyway?

Check my post of the Mexican Expo-Bici and you'll notice buying here is not the ideal option.

I went thru much less pains ordering some spares from Bob, than what I had done thru my LBS. When you go into a Fox Authorized Dealer, ask for some reducers for your bike and they tell you they don't have them and they can't order them (or don't give you an estimate on delivery, or if they lie about it)... you just simply send a mail to Bikerbob (or Larry, or Chad, or Charles) and get the thing done.

Sometimes, the best LBS 3000 miles away. I'll gladly pay that extra for getting what I need when I want and with the peace of mind that gives you that in case of a problem, someone will stood there for you, no matter where you are.

Man... those twins are hawt...
    Regarding LBS, couldn't agree more. Titus was not an option 1 year ago here at Costa Rica, but now it's. However, my second Titus is coming home from Bob, just like the first one, because of his excellent service. But not only Titus stuff, but whatever else I have needed, this guy is just an email away. By the way, when time comes for a ML replacement (or extra bike) and for wife's mtb (when she finally decides to join the "club"), those will be ordered from Bob as well. I consider mysel a picky guy, but this guy (Bob) patience and service level really makes a difference. And I'm pretty much sure that something very similar is what makes a difference when buying from Charles and all the other "gang" around here.

Jaybo, don't you think that there should be some many reasons because a lot of regulars at this forum buy from those guys. Some many people just can't be wrong all at the same time.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavinho
    Regarding LBS, couldn't agree more. Titus was not an option 1 year ago here at Costa Rica, but now it's. However, my second Titus is coming home from Bob, just like the first one, because of his excellent service. But not only Titus stuff, but whatever else I have needed, this guy is just an email away. By the way, when time comes for a ML replacement (or extra bike) and for wife's mtb (when she finally decides to join the "club"), those will be ordered from Bob as well. I consider mysel a picky guy, but this guy (Bob) patience and service level really makes a difference. And I'm pretty much sure that something very similar is what makes a difference when buying from Charles and all the other "gang" around here.

Jaybo, don't you think that there should be some many reasons because a lot of regulars at this forum buy from those guys. Some many people just can't be wrong all at the same time.
    Hola Tavo!

I am in the process of replacing my Epic with a Motolite (I hope) and I was talking to Bob by email, and as soon as I mentioned that I am from CR, he brought your name up. I am currently in Germany for my studies.... and Bob's prices beat the German dealer's by far

Pura vida,
    Cris

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    Hola Tavo!

I am in the process of replacing my Epic with a Motolite (I hope) and I was talking to Bob by email, and as soon as I mentioned that I am from CR, he brought your name up. I am currently in Germany for my studies.... and Bob's prices beat the German dealer's by far

Pura vida,
    Cris
    Hola Cris,

No surprises here, Bob promises and deliveries. But as I mentioned, it's not only a matter of prices (which are really good) but service. Just go ahead, you can't go wrong with him.

As soon as you'll be back at CR, we must go to ride and beat the hell out of those ML's (or at least I'll try, but I'm pretty much sure that ML deserves a much better rider than the bad one that I am ).

Pura Vida!

Hola Cris,

No surprises here, Bob promises and deliveries. But as I mentioned, it's not only a matter of prices (which are really good) but service. Just go ahead, you can't go wrong with him.

As soon as you'll be back at CR, we must go to ride and beat the hell out of those ML's (or at least I'll try, but I'm pretty much sure that ML deserves a much better rider than the bad one that I am ).

Pura Vida!
    Pura vida, Tavo!

I'll drop you a PM next time I go home... probably around Christmas.

Sorry for the thread hijacking, now back to your regular programming... and those hot twins!!!

Cheers,
    Cris

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Hola Tavo!

Pura vida,
    Cris
    By the way, it's funny because I was coming from an Epic as well, just like you, when I bought my first Titus, which was a Switchblade (on last October), but then I decided to go with the ML, which was the bike the Bob recommended me when I was looking for the SB, go figure!.

Obviously, bike fit is something quite personal, but my SB was miles ahead of my Epic regarding handling and comfort and it just fits me better (than Epic). I expect the ML to be a little better climber than SB and being lighter as well (with a little more standover clearance), hopefully it'll be the closest thing to my dreamed bike. And yes, sorry for thread hijacking as well.

By the way, it's funny because I was coming from an Epic as well, just like you, when I bought my first Titus, which was a Switchblade (on last October), but then I decided to go with the ML, which was the bike the Bob recommended me when I was looking for the SB, go figure!.

Obviously, bike fit is something quite personal, but my SB was miles ahead of my Epic regarding handling and comfort and it just fits me better (than Epic). I expect the ML to be a little better climber than SB and being lighter as well (with a little more standover clearance), hopefully it'll be the closest thing to my dreamed bike. And yes, sorry for thread hijacking as well.
    Yeah, I saw it on your profile (it needs some updating... ).. I am still thinking about the geo.. compared to my L Epic.. since i am used to the long TT on the Epic (a little shorter than the L Motolite), but Bob recommends I use medium... I think I will follow his recommendation and adjust accordingly... besides the headtube on the L motolite is quite a bit longer...

As you say, I am also looking for a more confortable ride than the Epic.... just need to pay some bills.. then.. we'll see...

Cheers,
    Cris

"Its All Good"
    Yeah, I saw it on your profile (it needs some updating... ).. I am still thinking about the geo.. compared to my L Epic.. since i am used to the long TT on the Epic (a little shorter than the L Motolite), but Bob recommends I use medium... I think I will follow his recommendation and adjust accordingly... besides the headtube on the L motolite is quite a bit longer...

As you say, I am also looking for a more confortable ride than the Epic.... just need to pay some bills.. then.. we'll see...

Cheers,
    Cris
    Bob does give great service, with me in Spain, it is like Bob's next door.

I emailed Bob re a RP23 shock for my ML, it didnt come with the new RP23, was about a week too early. Boom two emails, have a RP23 on its way, well it will have a full Push job on it first, then over to me.........................So thanks again Bob............

Now, about those twins, something is rotting in Denmark with these two, are they after you Bob or your staff? They seem to be posing a lot, whom are they trying to impress, either way Todo Bien.................

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    have a RP23 on its way, well it will have a full Push job on it first, then over to me.........................So thanks again Bob............

the RP3 propedal is real weak on MLs. I sent my RP3 to push to get them to boost the propedal. but the RP23 has a huge platform stock. I love it for XC rides... setting zero is straight out plush, the propedal is OFF! , setting one is stiff but very usable. setting 2 is super stiff and is great for super nasty 5 mile climbs. setting 3, put away your hardtail becuase its almost a lockout.... I find it very unlikely that push could create a broader range of propedal adjustment. personaly setting 2 is the most I use. if they could tune the propedal down so that setting 2 was the same as 3 I might be interested. but I like my stock RP23 much better then my pushed RP3 on my motolite.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Bob, would you mind....

if I post the other picture? Just by popular demand (as you said it..)

mtbr member

The other ML from Bob built up

Here's the second ML (of 3) from Bob that has been built up.

mtbr member

1 of 3 ML from BikerBob

Here's the pic of 1st of 3 ML from BikerBob.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by GIG EM
    the RP3 propedal is real weak on MLs. I sent my RP3 to push to get them to boost the propedal. but the RP23 has a huge platform stock. I love it for XC rides... setting zero is straight out plush, the propedal is OFF! , setting one is stiff but very usable. setting 2 is super stiff and is great for super nasty 5 mile climbs. setting 3, put away your hardtail becuase its almost a lockout.... I find it very unlikely that push could create a broader range of propedal adjustment. personaly setting 2 is the most I use. if they could tune the propedal down so that setting 2 was the same as 3 I might be interested. but I like my stock RP23 much better then my pushed RP3 on my motolite.
    Thanks GIG EM, great to hear your feedback, have not had much real feedback of the RP23 on the ML. Now you mention it, I am not really getting a significant difference on each stting on the RP3. Makes sense. This will be rectifed am sure.

Makes me even more excited about getting this shock. I too would love an almost solid lockout for the huge long climbs we have here...

Thanks again.........................

"El Whatever"
    Here's the second ML (of 3) from Bob that has been built up.
    Sweet build!!!

Dude, I'm jealous (not much, but jealous still!)
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Cheers,
    Cris
    Profile updated, thanks!

I think that Epic geometry is just fine considering that it's a 90mm FS frame, XC racing oriented. It makes you ride in a very aggressive position, and it works very well for climbing and racing, but that's it.

ML is another animal. You'll be doing things that you never dreamed of when riding an Epic, and it needs to adjust geometry accordingly. I'm pretty much sure that you'll love it.
    SB and ML TT lengths are the same (for a medium frame), so I know what to expect from this baby (at least in my case)

Cheers,

Cheers

Profile updated, thanks!

I think that Epic geometry is just fine considering that it's a 90mm FS frame, XC racing oriented. It makes you ride in a very aggressive position, and it works very well for climbing and racing, but that's it.

ML is another animal. You'll be doing things that you never dreamed of when riding an Epic, and it needs to adjust geometry accordingly. I'm pretty much sure that you'll love it.
    SB and ML TT lengths are the same (for a medium frame), so I know what to expect from this baby (at least in my case)

Cheers,

Cheers

Thanks, Tavo... I'll keep you posted.

cheers,
    Cris

mtbr member
    Sweet build!!!

Dude, I'm jealous (not much, but jealous still!)
    Reyn, tells me that on his bathroom scale it was weighing just around 27lbs. We will get it weighed, but his ML seems to be the lightest of the three...all those carbons

mtbr member
    if I post the other picture? Just by popular demand (as you said it..)
    So where are the pics?

Members who have read this thread: 0