Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hueston Woods Trail Crew

Too many Motolites!

I just counted 5 new Motolite frames and one demo sitting in my shop. What happened to all that demand?
    Two large, a medium, and 3 smalls.
    Any thoughts? Does everybody who ever wanted one get one already?
    Bob

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Can't buy bike, must buy gas.......
    Old guy in the woods

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

One medium ML?

I guess you meant two, unless you are counting mine as one of those available!

"El Whatever"
    Weird... there's few to none bikes better for that price. Either people want to pay more or can't afford to pay as much (but I doubt the latter).

Also, there's too much misinformation and gossip around (if the bike is made in Taiwan , the already solved paint issue, the already solved rear tyre clearance issue, etc).

I'm sure you'll clear them soon, Bob!

(I'd help you to lighten your burden, but the Blade just doesn't shows any signs of aging)
    Check my Site

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerbob.com
    I just counted 5 new Motolite frames and one demo sitting in my shop. What happened to all that demand?
    Bob
    If you don't want them, just send them my way, I'll bet they make great rental bikes at Ajusco..... j/k

Anyway, how's the demand right now for bikes in the same segment?

"Its All Good"
    Bob, all those US of A folk have purchased there bikes for the summer, no more till the snow comes ready for the next summer, YES?

I am talking them up on this side of the ditch...................
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    i want one, but unless i can EP a frame, it'll be 6 - 8 weeks until i can afford it.

BBW
    mtbr member

New question here. how do they solved the paint issue?

My ML chips from the first day, very nasty, never been in such a situation with 100$ frames... I have photos taken and it's wraped in tubes right know to protect her, although she weights like 1 pound more jajaja
    Should I send the pictures to where I get the bike (online) to see if they can get in touch with Titus and repaint the the bike????
    Could this be the solution now that I'm movieng from Venezuela to Florida (easyer to send frame, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Weird... there's few to none bikes better for that price. Either people want to pay more or can't afford to pay as much (but I doubt the latter).

Also, there's too much misinformation and gossip around (if the bike is made in Taiwan , the already solved paint issue, the already solved rear tyre clearance issue, etc).

I'm sure you'll clear them soon, Bob!

(I'd help you to lighten your burden, but the Blade just doesn't shows any signs of aging)

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by BBW
    My ML chips from the first day, very nasty, never been in such a situation with 100$ frames... I have photos taken and it's wraped in tubes right know to protect her, although she weights like 1 pound more jajaja
    Should I send the pictures to where I get the bike (online) to see if they can get in touch with Titus and repaint the the bike????
    Could this be the solution now that I'm movieng from Venezuela to Florida (easyer to send frame, etc)
    BBW, from what I have read on the threads, am 100% Titus would re paint or sort the frame for you. As you say, it will more than likely be far easier when you move to Florida.

Would have with you though all the invoices from the online company you purchased from etc.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.......................
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Bob
    Hmmm, at the same time Titus is not interested in delivering bikes to smaller European importers...
    I might be interested even if I have already sworn that I will test ride my next bikes... not that ordering bikes untested from other side of world would be news to me.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by BBW

As far as I know, the chipping was a problem related to curing that happened to a batch. It should be resolved by now.

But yeah, anyone with a paint chip problem should document it and go back to the Titus dealer who sold the bike (doesn't matter if online or LBS, online shops are Titus dealers also and should stand by it) and make them to send your claim to Titus.

In your very specific case, if they don't offer to cover for shipping (they should), I'd contact Titus and get something that would work for you. Maybe getting a local powdercoating shop to quote the job (you have cars, stoves, refrigerators, etc. there should be powdercoating or automotive quality shops - hell, even we do ) and Titus to pay for it should be cost effective for both companies.

Or as someone mentioned on other thread... swallow the pill and get your frame repainted with the color scheme of your dreams on your own. But that would be your decision.

Thing is, let your dealer know. Make them to make you happy. If that doesn't work, let Titus know... they care a lot about their bikes and the people selling their bikes. They don't like to let customers down.
    Check my Site

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

Norway likes Titus

I have a lot of customers in Norway. Used to live there way back when. Most excellent trails everywhere. Hiking/skiing is the national pasttime, rather than watching baseball.
    Jeg har solgt tre eller fire Titus i Norge i det siste aar. Svalbard inkludert.
    Ha det bra,
    Bob

"El Whatever"
    I have a lot of customers in Norway. Used to live there way back when. Most excellent trails everywhere. Hiking/skiing is the national pasttime, rather than watching baseball.
    Jeg har solgt tre eller fire Titus i Norge i det siste aar. Svalbard inkludert.
    Ha det bra,
    Bob
    So, that would make Norway, Mexico, Central America, Spain... man, you're a really international distributor!
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I wish there was a surplus here in Canada, I've been waiting for a blue medium motolite since May...the delivery date keeps getting pushed...Im not sure who to blame, the canadian retailer or titus...sigh

Ti is addictive
    who's canadian retailer, can only think of 2 places in Canada you can purchase Titus from.

mtbr member
    Bob
    My friends can't wait, so Bob you got PM. That should help you unload them Thanks for the pics of the frames and 07 Talas RLC.

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by sungchang
    My friends can't wait, so Bob you got PM. That should help you unload them Thanks for the pics of the frames and 07 Talas RLC.
    What about you? When do you get your own ML? You know you want one.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharma
    I wish there was a surplus here in Canada, I've been waiting for a blue medium motolite since May...the delivery date keeps getting pushed...Im not sure who to blame, the canadian retailer or titus...sigh
    It's not the retailer. I bought my Racer 100X from one of the Canadian retailer (Chain Reaction) and all delays were Titus's or their supplier's. A retailer can't give you a bike that isn't hasn't even been made yet or shipped yet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg
    What about you? When do you get your own ML? You know you want one.
    Got one You and Rensho convinced me that I needed to join the ML club.

mtbr member

3 new MLs will be born...

My friends and I were too excited about the prospect of getting new MLs. One to replace my RX. One to replace my friends SC Blur. New rider with one of the best bikes in the market to start with. Once decision was made that we are getting MLs, none of us wanted to wait. So we placed order with BikerBob who happened to have the exact bikes that we wanted in stock (1 medium blue ML, 1 small blue ML and 1 small grey ML). Photos of the frame and 07 Talas RLC courtesy of BikerBob.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by sungchang
    My friends and I were too excited about the prospect of getting new MLs. One to replace my RX. One to replace my friends SC Blur. New rider with one of the best bikes in the market to start with. Once decision was made that we are getting MLs, none of us wanted to wait. So we placed order with BikerBob who happened to have the exact bikes that we wanted in stock (1 medium blue ML, 1 small blue ML and 1 small grey ML). Photos of the frame and 07 Talas RLC courtesy of BikerBob.
    Friggin awesome!! Welcome to the club.

When do you get that new puppy saddled up? I'll have to check out the 07 Talas for myself. That lever looks like a great feature.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

the 36 year old grom
    Friggin awesome!! Welcome to the club.

When do you get that new puppy saddled up? I'll have to check out the 07 Talas for myself. That lever looks like a great feature.
    wow 3 more MLs in the bay area.... soon they'll be more common then nomads... . ok maybe not.

mtbr member
    Mine will be built up a little later than others. BikerBob had 2 07 Talas in stock, so I let my friends get them first since I have RX to occupy me over.

mtbr member
    I have an 06 Motolite and all the paint problems and lack of resolution in my own case have left me disapointed . As far as the demand for them goes it seems like the market is moving to 5.5 inchs and up for the "all mountain" catagory making the motolite looking a little too much XC compared to others like the intense 5.5 and Heckler. I am planning on selling my Motolite and buying the new 6.5 inch travel frame Titus has coming out in 07 and I will just expect the paint to fall off it.

the 36 year old grom
    Quote Originally Posted by forceyoda
    I have an 06 Motolite and all the paint problems and lack of resolution in my own case have left me disapointed . As far as the demand for them goes it seems like the market is moving to 5.5 inchs and up for the "all mountain" catagory making the motolite looking a little too much XC compared to others like the intense 5.5 and Heckler. I am planning on selling my Motolite and buying the new 6.5 inch travel frame Titus has coming out in 07 and I will just expect the paint to fall off it.
    i think the point of this post was more like spam........

bob say hey I got 4 new ML forsale, sure wish somebody would buy one ....... now he has 1.

yoda, I'll spare everybody my 2 bike thoery

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast