mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Too fat for Switchblade???

Coming out of the winter at 210lbs. My first ride the other day I noticed a bit more lateral flex than before. I didn't notice any last Nov. on my last ride before winter! Checked pivots, everything seems to be tight. I couldn't find any weight restrictions online. Any info. would be appreciated.

RHRF!
    I bought a SB from my bike shop in 2001 (I weighted 225lb) - they never mentioned any weight restrictions. Then, 3 years later... I learned that there indeed was a weight restriction of 205/210 lbs (I can't remember which...). It was my understanding that if you exceeded the weight limit, then you overpowered the linkage and you would basically be riding at 50% sag... which is what I did for years. I loved that SB and it served me very well for 4 years. I upgraded to a 2005 Motolite and it rode and handled sooo much better than the SB.

Point is... maybe it's time to upgrade
    "The secret of joy is the mastery of pain." (Anaïs Nin)

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Sadly you have a great bike that is getting a little old as you've gotten a little well..Fat.

Tell ya what though...I'm about 210 at current and my El Guapo never complains.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by titusbro
    ...you overpowered the linkage and you would basically be riding at 50% sag...
    why not just put more pressure in the shock?
    whatever...