ಠ_ಠ

today's sweet ride

What up?

Here are a few pics from today's ride in the Angeles Crest National Forest (just north of Pasadena, California).

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    What up?

Here are a few pics from today's ride in the Angeles Crest National Forest (just north of Pasadena, California).
    Show off...

JOKING, BRO!!!

Looks like a great ride with the gang!!
    How's that brain bucket treating you? Looks nice!

(I had to stay at home playing the Dad, but I managed to do something bike related - wash the bike - with my son)
    Check my Site

ಠ_ಠ
    Helmet is very nice. Hopefully I'll never need that face mask, but it's nice to know it's there. Don't need to give anymore bike parts money to the damn dentist!

Ti is addictive
    Helmet is very nice. Hopefully I'll never need that face mask, but it's nice to know it's there. Don't need to give anymore bike parts money to the damn dentist!

And whats wrong with that, Dentists gotta make money too in order to buy fancy bike parts and bikes
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

thats right living legend
    Those would have been some killer pics!!!..... were you not so ugly.

PS... Thanks for the helmet though.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Sweet pics, Duly!

mtbr member

We used to ride Charlton/Chilao

I grew up in the Pasadena area and used to ride there all the time in the late 80's/early 90's. Funny thing, none of the trails look familiar, although I remember the views. Did you start from the JPL/Brown Mountain area? or did you go up Angeles Crest Highway and start out of Chilao??

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    And whats wrong with that, Dentists gotta make money too in order to buy fancy bike parts and bikes

Ah ha, is that what you do TE? My riding buddy is a Dentist. He's on a Ti Merline 4.0 and owns 3 other Ti bikes. Must be something they teach you in school?
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Titus Racer X
    Lynskey Singlespeed

Ti is addictive
    Quote Originally Posted by Asahi
    Ah ha, is that what you do TE? My riding buddy is a Dentist. He's on a Ti Merline 4.0 and owns 3 other Ti bikes. Must be something they teach you in school?

LOL.......your friend has good tastes

Show your buddy my handle and he'll explain its double meaning.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Looks like a great ride.

I bet you are looking forward to the Knolly duly !~! Can't wait to see the build photos and hopefully see a photo of a Knolly box. Have you got a delivery date yet ?~?

Is your Moto Lite frame up for sale ?~?

Veni Vidi Vici
    Nice pics Duly

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    LOL.......your friend has good tastes

Show your buddy my handle and he'll explain its double meaning.
    Endodontics huh? My buddy mentioned Nickle Ti Files for root canals too. No wonder you have toys coming all the time we also race with an Endodontist. Looks like a good field to be in.
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Titus Racer X
    Lynskey Singlespeed

ಠ_ಠ
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr
    I grew up in the Pasadena area and used to ride there all the time in the late 80's/early 90's. Funny thing, none of the trails look familiar, although I remember the views. Did you start from the JPL/Brown Mountain area? or did you go up Angeles Crest Highway and start out of Chilao??
    cool craigstr. Here's the ride detail:

Sunday, June 10: Charlton/Chilao Flats. This ride is in the Arroyo Seco backcountry area of the San Gabriel Mountains. Winding through pine trees this ride has beautiful views of the mountains and some of the best singletrack around SoCal. The ride begins in the Charlton Flats campground/picnic area off the Angeles Crest Hwy and winds through a section of challenging singletrack. We'll make a quick stop off at the Vetter Mountain Lookout and take in a 360 degree view of the mountains. Then continue our journey on more fun singletrack and head over to the Chilao Station. After the Chilao Station we'll pedal up a gradual climb on a fireroad leading to Mt. Hillyer and Horse Flats campground (elevation gain approximately 1000 ft). At the top of the loop, the trail descends on a section of technical singletrack that should keep the more aggressive downhillers grinning all the way back down. Then back to the cars by the singletrack we came in on. Meet at 9:00 am and be ready to depart 15 minutes later.
    Endurance Rating = E4.5, Technical Rating = T5, 20 Miles and 3200 Feet of Climbing , About 5 Hours

ಠ_ಠ
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    Looks like a great ride.

I bet you are looking forward to the Knolly duly !~! Can't wait to see the build photos and hopefully see a photo of a Knolly box. Have you got a delivery date yet ?~?

Is your Moto Lite frame up for sale ?~?
    I keep hearing that delivery is 4-5 weeks out. So I'm waiting, but in the mean time, the MotoLite is treating me right. I've had some *amazing* rides lately...

The Moto will be up of sale at some point, no hurry. I thought of making it into a nice light endurance racer. Plus, it would be GREAT to have a back up bike...

Ti is addictive
    Quote Originally Posted by Asahi
    Endodontics huh? My buddy mentioned Nickle Ti Files for root canals too. No wonder you have toys coming all the time we also race with an Endodontist. Looks like a good field to be in.
    Sorry but I'm not an endodontist, but in my general practice I do a lot of Endo and Implants. thus my bias towards titanium. Chad once called me up to confirm shipping as I was doing 6 crowns on a patient and he figured out how I was paying for my exogrid motolite that day.......LOL

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I keep hearing that delivery is 4-5 weeks out. So I'm waiting, but in the mean time, the MotoLite is treating me right. I've had some *amazing* rides lately...

The Moto will be up of sale at some point, no hurry. I thought of making it into a nice light endurance racer. Plus, it would be GREAT to have a back up bike...
    What colour frame ?~?

That's a great idea... you already know how to make a Light Moto Lite !~!

You can put your burly build on the Knolly.... and weight watch the ML again.

Ok those were some great shots. And your not that ugly? Quit a handsome man in fact.

mtbr member

We were close to that area

cool craigstr. Here's the ride detail:

Sunday, June 10: Charlton/Chilao Flats. This ride is in the Arroyo Seco backcountry area of the San Gabriel Mountains. Winding through pine trees this ride has beautiful views of the mountains and some of the best singletrack around SoCal. The ride begins in the Charlton Flats campground/picnic area off the Angeles Crest Hwy and winds through a section of challenging singletrack. We'll make a quick stop off at the Vetter Mountain Lookout and take in a 360 degree view of the mountains. Then continue our journey on more fun singletrack and head over to the Chilao Station. After the Chilao Station we'll pedal up a gradual climb on a fireroad leading to Mt. Hillyer and Horse Flats campground (elevation gain approximately 1000 ft). At the top of the loop, the trail descends on a section of technical singletrack that should keep the more aggressive downhillers grinning all the way back down. Then back to the cars by the singletrack we came in on. Meet at 9:00 am and be ready to depart 15 minutes later.
    Endurance Rating = E4.5, Technical Rating = T5, 20 Miles and 3200 Feet of Climbing , About 5 Hours
    We used to start at the bottom of Arroyo Secco canyon at JPL and ride up to the chilao campground on bikes with no suspension. It was pretty rough back then. There is supposed to be another downhill over there called Brown Mountain that ends at JPL. We were going to ride it when I was down there a few weeks ago but never made it over there. The last video I posted wasnt shot too far from that area, only about 10 miles away.

ಠ_ಠ
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Ok those were some great shots. And your not that ugly? Quit a handsome man in fact.
    LOL

thanks...but I think I liked it better the other way.

LOL

thanks...but I think I liked it better the other way.

PM me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Sorry but I'm not an endodontist, but in my general practice I do a lot of Endo and Implants. thus my bias towards titanium. Chad once called me up to confirm shipping as I was doing 6 crowns on a patient and he figured out how I was paying for my exogrid motolite that day.......LOL

Sounds much like my friend. He's a Dentist but does more than his share of root canals and such. We actually race with an Endodontist too who is super fast. Oh he's on a Ti Sewanee so there must be something to this Ti fettish in the dental profession. . . I'm sure 6 crowns goes a long was to covering the Exogrid bling.
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Titus Racer X
    Lynskey Singlespeed