Results 1 to 48 of 48
  1. #1
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697

    Is Titusjeff in the house ???? Help

    Jeff, can you give us some indication on the weight of the Ti El G frame..

    Has been a mention that it maybe lighter than the Ali counterpart... Is this factual?

    Much appreciated, your team of Titi owners.
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,212
    More important.... what is happening to the SuMo for 08, if anything ?~?

  3. #3
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    AM - you thread jacker......................................
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    898

    My question too!

    On the demo tour the Titus rep said the Ti version would weigh just a little more than an aluminum Motolite. If so I'm in for one next year!

    Chris

  5. #5
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,831
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    More important.... what is happening to the SuMo for 08, if anything ?~?
    It'd be nice if it'd be kept in the line-up. Maybe as a dedicated FR machine now the EG is here. So now there would be a full line up, but yet with few models covering the spectrum.

    HT? Eleven
    XC Race? Racer X
    Trailbike-AM? ML
    AM-Light FR? El Guapo
    FR and beyond? SuMo

    Five models, a full line up with no holes in it. You get rid of working out multiple rockers and lowers options, yet you can still provide shock options for all needs.

    Maybe not offering options for rockers and keep it with the FR ones and a coil over, so you wouldn't have overlap with the EG.

    The SuMo is still a top notch bike with lots of years left in it. I hope they keep it. It's also a great value as it's priced today.
    Check my Site

  6. #6
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    It'd be nice if it'd be kept in the line-up. Maybe as a dedicated FR machine now the EG is here. So now there would be a full line up, but yet with few models covering the spectrum.

    HT? Eleven
    XC Race? Racer X
    Trailbike-AM? ML
    AM-Light FR? El Guapo
    FR and beyond? SuMo

    Five models, a full line up with no holes in it. You get rid of working out multiple rockers and lowers options, yet you can still provide shock options for all needs.

    Maybe not offering options for rockers and keep it with the FR ones and a coil over, so you wouldn't have overlap with the EG.

    The SuMo is still a top notch bike with lots of years left in it. I hope they keep it. It's also a great value as it's priced today.
    I thought the new version of the SuMo didn't have any of the options.

  7. #7
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,831
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    I thought the new version of the SuMo didn't have any of the options.
    I THINK there was a post from Titus Jeff stating that you can still get the FR rockers and a coilover.

    This was a reply at someone who posted that he was told by his shop that you can't get the FR rockers anymore.

    Or was it only for the coilover thing???

    I could be wrong, though. I'm speaking off the top of my head. Honestly, my memory sucks big time.
    Check my Site

  8. #8
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    I THINKI could be wrong, though. I'm speaking off the top of my head. Honestly, my memory sucks big time.
    If you weren't such a drunk, maybe your memory would be better.

    Actually, Warp, you are correct. The coffin/FR link is available with DHX 4.0 straight from Titus as an option.
    Extreme stationary biker.

  9. #9
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    If you weren't such a drunk, maybe your memory would be better.

    Actually, Warp, you are correct. The coffin/FR link is available with DHX 4.0 straight from Titus as an option.
    Cool.

  10. #10
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,831
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    If you weren't such a drunk, maybe your memory would be better.
    I'm fine now... It was the 90's that were not good to me.

    Man, all that boooze!!!!

    Dang, I'm still a couple hours away from the Happy Hour. The breakfast beer already passed away.
    Check my Site

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Jeff, can you give us some indication on the weight of the Ti El G frame..

    Has been a mention that it maybe lighter than the Ali counterpart... Is this factual?

    Much appreciated, your team of Titi owners.
    Whafe, I was told that it may come in lighter as well. I offer this information despite the fact that you left me off of the early serial number list.

  12. #12
    searcher
    Reputation: kovi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    874
    Will they make the EG in Exo?
    Kovi

  13. #13
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,012
    Quote Originally Posted by kovi
    Will they make the EG in Exo?
    The EG will NOT be Exo because of where the shock attaches to the downtube.

    I guess since the EG makes all the other Titus bikes "obsolete", that now Exo is also obsolete.
    Extreme stationary biker.

  14. #14
    Paper or plastic?
    Reputation: zorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8,799
    When I saw the EG Ti at Sea Otter, Jeff said that the prototype frame weighed 6.5 # if I remember correctly.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

  15. #15
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    The EG will NOT be Exo because of where the shock attaches to the downtube.

    I guess since the EG makes all the other Titus bikes "obsolete", that now Exo is also obsolete.
    Demo could only have been referring to the 04-05 version. Maybe he was unaware you rode the new SuMo?

    Anyway I'm sure he'll be along any minute to humiliate me anyway... Damned silver tongue bastigerd.

  16. #16
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    I'm fine now... It was the 90's that were not good to me.

    Man, all that boooze!!!!

    Oh the 90's!

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Jeff, can you give us some indication on the weight of the Ti El G frame..

    Has been a mention that it maybe lighter than the Ali counterpart... Is this factual?

    Much appreciated, your team of Titi owners.
    Sorry, but I'm going to have to hold off on giving actual weights until we get closer to an actual production model. That way I can give you the most accurate weights. We're still experimenting with some different tubing. Don't worry though, you guys will be the first to hear.

  18. #18
    the 36 year old grom
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    If you weren't such a drunk, maybe your memory would be better.
    get the feeling you hear that a lot at home

    geomanlover is gettting a little rough around the edges. must be because we failed to stop him from buying a chumba... sorry mate.

  19. #19
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,012
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    get the feeling you hear that a lot at home

    geomanlover is gettting a little rough around the edges. must be because we failed to stop him from buying a chumba... sorry mate.
    My chumba likes it rough.
    Extreme stationary biker.

  20. #20
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,831
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    geomanlover is gettting a little rough around the edges.
    That's what happens a lot to pot quitters on the first days...
    Check my Site

  21. #21
    the 36 year old grom
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    The EG will NOT be Exo because of where the shock attaches to the downtube.

    I guess since the EG makes all the other Titus bikes "obsolete", that now Exo is also obsolete.
    I wanted a full carbon guapo.

  22. #22
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,831
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    I wanted a full carbon guapo.
    Those GT LTS were the shiat, uh??

    Carbon is for sissies... and as proof of that, my brake levers are carbon.
    Check my Site

  23. #23
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by orthorex
    Whafe, I was told that it may come in lighter as well. I offer this information despite the fact that you left me off of the early serial number list.
    A sincere sorry on that, but must say, none of you slack bistardoes replied to that post anyway....

    Kovi, as mentioned, a no can do with ExoGrid on the El G, As DS mentioned, on all tubes there is extras welded, was the first question I asked as well.... Seeing as the ride quality on the SexoGrid is just nothing but sensational....

    Thanks for the reply Jeff, we wait with anticipation, still think you could have given us a little heads up if indeed it would be at Ali frame weight......
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus Jeff
    Sorry, but I'm going to have to hold off on giving actual weights until we get closer to an actual production model. That way I can give you the most accurate weights. We're still experimenting with some different tubing. Don't worry though, you guys will be the first to hear.
    Will the Ti El Guapo be part of the custom fit program ?~?

  25. #25
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    Will the Ti El Guapo be part of the custom fit program ?~?
    I hope not! Cause I fit a Titus large perfectly, makes it easy to seel a frame later when we upgarde to the El F Gaupo (The Focken Good Looking One) in two years time..
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  26. #26
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    I hope not! Cause I fit a Titus large perfectly, makes it easy to seel a frame later when we upgarde to the El F Gaupo (The Focken Good Looking One) in two years time..


    so the name would be something like "El Muy Guapisimo"

  27. #27
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,799
    just tell them so... I doubt they have their "anglemeters" and tape measures at hand to check if the angles and tube sizes are "stock"

  28. #28
    long standing member
    Reputation: PCinSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    I could be wrong, though. I'm speaking off the top of my head. Honestly, my memory sucks big time.
    You're not wrong. Here is that thread.

    Notice the wording used by Jeff is specific to the 2007 model. So I'm not sure if that also applies to the 2008s, although I was told by the Titus rep (Mike?) at the local Titus demo that the Supermoto will at least be in the line-up for 2008. Which I think is a good thing. With a coil shock and appropriate FR fork it competes with the Highlines and Brujas of the bike world at a ~25% lower price point. It'd be cool to see a little bigger marketing push for the Supermoto. I'm not sure why, but sometimes it seems to be the red-headed stepchild of the Titus family.

  29. #29
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,012
    Quote Originally Posted by PCinSC
    With a coil shock and appropriate FR fork it competes with the Highlines and Brujas of the bike world at a ~25% lower price point. It'd be cool to see a little bigger marketing push for the Supermoto. I'm not sure why, but sometimes it seems to be the red-headed stepchild of the Titus family.
    While in the FR category like the bikes you mention, it does not ride like those bikes. It's not your standard long and slow handling FR bike. I think the Delerium T, Chumba EVO and the SuMo are similar styles. I like how Noel describes the Delerium T as a "super technical trail bike". They're compact and manuverable with high bottom brackets for pedalling over logs and rocks and "light" enough to pedal.

    It doesn't help that the SuMo looks like a Walmart bike.

    I like mine...even if it is "obsolete".
    Extreme stationary biker.

  30. #30
    Goin' Down ain't bad!!!
    Reputation: Dropin%Dug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    700

    No more Exo???

    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    I guess since the EG makes all the other Titus bikes "obsolete", that now Exo is also obsolete.
    What??? Exo is obsolete??? Tell me Titus hasn't done away with Exo Grid!!!

    If they have it's the worst mistake they coulda made...maybe it doesn't make business sense, but that stuff is pure joy on a bike. Tell me it ain't so!!!
    Dug-da-Goat

    "Oh momma, could this really be the end? To be stuck outside of Mojo with the High Side Blues again!!!"

  31. #31
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropin%Dug
    What??? Exo is obsolete??? Tell me Titus hasn't done away with Exo Grid!!!

    If they have it's the worst mistake they coulda made...maybe it doesn't make business sense, but that stuff is pure joy on a bike. Tell me it ain't so!!!
    geo was just joking about the exo.. implying that since the EG made everything else obsolete... and since the EG can't be done in exo because of the welding ... then exo "is obsolete" too

  32. #32
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropin%Dug
    What??? Exo is obsolete??? Tell me Titus hasn't done away with Exo Grid!!!

    If they have it's the worst mistake they coulda made...maybe it doesn't make business sense, but that stuff is pure joy on a bike. Tell me it ain't so!!!

    No need to panic Doug.

    I have a feeling Titus would "only" make exo bikes if they could.

  33. #33
    Goin' Down ain't bad!!!
    Reputation: Dropin%Dug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    700

    Recovered....

    Thanks guys....guess I should have figured Geo would set me up like that...
    Dug-da-Goat

    "Oh momma, could this really be the end? To be stuck outside of Mojo with the High Side Blues again!!!"

  34. #34
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropin%Dug
    Thanks guys....guess I should have figured Geo would set me up like that...
    Remember that most of the time he's on crack...
    Check my Site

  35. #35
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Remember that most of the time he's on crack...
    nah.. he's just drinking Hefeweizen all the time

  36. #36
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,831
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    nah.. he's just drinking Hefeweizen all the time
    Nah, he doesn't have such a good taste... Most likely, methyl alcohol diluted in water.
    Check my Site

  37. #37
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Nah, he doesn't have such a good taste... Most likely, methyl alcohol diluted in water.
    auch

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: golfduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    359
    I'd slap my name down on a Ti "el getridofthefarkingsidecablerouting Guapo" in an instant.


  39. #39
    the 36 year old grom
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropin%Dug
    Thanks guys....guess I should have figured Geo would set me up like that...
    you can't trust him now that he rides a chumba.

  40. #40
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,831
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    you can't trust him now that he rides a chumba.
    It's the combination of alcohol, hard drugs and "Lakanooky" disease what's bad with Geo... Not his Chumba.
    Check my Site

  41. #41
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropin%Dug
    What??? Exo is obsolete??? Tell me Titus hasn't done away with Exo Grid!!!

    If they have it's the worst mistake they coulda made...maybe it doesn't make business sense, but that stuff is pure joy on a bike. Tell me it ain't so!!!
    I recently read that Titus is also unhappy with the stale and antiquated design of the motolite. I've heard plans involve making a 5 inch version (real travel 4 inches) of the El Guapoo except using tubing made with tin. They are calling it the Inigo and the seat tube will be filled with Sangria.

    inigo.JPG

    You killed my father...prepare to die!
    Extreme stationary biker.

  42. #42
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,831
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    ...They are calling it the Inigo ....

    You mean "Iigo"???

    It's ain't that difficult to type it... Alt+164 does the trick...
    Check my Site

  43. #43
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by golfduke
    I'd slap my name down on a Ti "el getridofthefarkingsidecablerouting Guapo" in an instant.

    LMFAO............Thank goodness they saw the caribu, whoops I mean light and already changed it!
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  44. #44
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    LMFAO............Thank goodness they saw the caribu, whoops I mean light and already changed it!




    I must of missed it?

  45. #45
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,831
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness



    I must of missed it?
    Caribou is an animal that looks like a donkey had sex with a reindeer... And it's Geolover's favorite "food" if you catch my drift...
    Check my Site

  46. #46
    Tonight we ride.
    Reputation: fonseca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    I like mine...even if it is "obsolete".
    Obsolete? It's the best bike I've ever ridden. At the risk of incurring the wrath of Titus Homers (which really aren't all that Homerish once you meet a Turner zealot), am I the only one with little to no interest in getting an EG? The SM can do everything it can and much more, and without the design compromises in order to have a full length ST on a 4"+ travel bike. Yes, it's heavier, but that's fine by me if it means it can handle the abuse of anything I care to ride.

    I hope we see blue and/or black ano options for the '08 SM.

  47. #47
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by fonseca
    Obsolete? It's the best bike I've ever ridden. At the risk of incurring the wrath of Titus Homers (which really aren't all that Homerish once you meet a Turner zealot), am I the only one with little to no interest in getting an EG? The SM can do everything it can and much more, and without the design compromises in order to have a full length ST on a 4"+ travel bike. Yes, it's heavier, but that's fine by me if it means it can handle the abuse of anything I care to ride.

    I hope we see blue and/or black ano options for the '08 SM.
    Here Here!!!

  48. #48
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,012
    Quote Originally Posted by fonseca
    ...am I the only one with little to no interest in getting an EG?
    Nope, there are two of us...

    Obsolete is the moniker bestowed upon the SuMo by the one and only "Titus Douchebag", demo_slug.
    Extreme stationary biker.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •