mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Titus X shock stroke question

Hi, does anyone know if the entire stroke length of the shock on a titus x is used to achieve the 4"s of travel? I ask out of curiosity because I have a titus x exo and it doesn't seem to use the entire shock length. There's always seems to be gap of around 3/4 to half an inch between the rubber band on the shock to the bottom of the shaft after each ride.

Thanks.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by rideronthestorm
    Hi, does anyone know if the entire stroke length of the shock on a titus x is used to achieve the 4"s of travel? I ask out of curiosity because I have a titus x exo and it doesn't seem to use the entire shock length. There's always seems to be gap of around 3/4 to half an inch between the rubber band on the shock to the bottom of the shaft after each ride.

Thanks.

Deflate shock, pull out the air sleeve, compress the shock all the way in. The damper shaft should disappear all the way into the damper.

If it doesn't, you have a problem. The "extra" or exposed amount of shock shaft at bottom out is irrelevant.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Deflate shock, pull out the air sleeve, compress the shock all the way in. The damper shaft should disappear all the way into the damper.

If it doesn't, you have a problem. The "extra" or exposed amount of shock shaft at bottom out is irrelevant.
    Thanks for the reply. If the extra/exposed amount of shock shaft at the bottom out is irrelevant, then if I set the sag to the recommended 20-25% of shock stroke, wouldn't it be incorrect since it doesn't use the entire shock stroke?

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by rideronthestorm
    Thanks for the reply. If the extra/exposed amount of shock shaft at the bottom out is irrelevant, then if I set the sag to the recommended 20-25% of shock stroke, wouldn't it be incorrect since it doesn't use the entire shock stroke?
    Measure how much your shock moves in total. Then set the sag percentage accordingly.

Maybe I'm not following... did you already exposed the shaft INSIDE the air canister and see if it gets all the way into the damper???

See these pics...

The small shaft should disappear all the way into the big one. Does it happen on your shock? Or you mean the big shaft gets some amount exposed at bottom out.

The first case is relevant as maybe your shock is not achieving full travel indeed. The second is irrelevant.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

I get the same thing

I have a 2009 Titus X and I seem to have the exact same thing. On a demo day Titus mechanic hooked me up with the perfect air pressure of about 135-140. I weigh 170lb's with gear. I think i get full travel. It feels like it at least.