Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Titus - where's my El Guapo???

Jeff, EJ, please read this! I don't want another promise or explanation, I want the goods!

We're coming up on half a year ago that I paid for my El Guapo frame, and STILL no delivery from Titus! Perhaps the worst part is that I've been promised by Titus "two weeks" and "by the end of the month" about 10 times now - seriously!!! Since March!

Actually, no, that's frustrating, but that's not the worst part. The real issue is that the bikes are in circulation! If they were not yet available at all, I'd not be writing this - some things can not be helped and I'm cool with that. But this seems unreasonable to me because the bikes are out there.

Come on guys - we have an order placed by a repeat customer through an Arizona shop, just up the road, in February, that's not been filled, while the online stores and have them - they have them in Australia even! There are demos out there! The fact is, at this point anyone can get one online, yet the customer who paid for the bike sight unseen 6 months ago is just SOL, month after month after month?

Yeah, frustrating. What does this say? It screams "you don't matter to us", over and over and over! Again, it's not like the bikes are unavailable! Is it impossible to send one to someone who's already paid for it?

Indeed, it appears the only way to get the bike before my summer trip is to take my money back from my LBS and order one from a faceless dealer on the internet? Is this what you want Specialized - eh, ah, Titus? To diss the LBS and an existing customer in favor of "volume buyers"? I understand the whole pre-season thing, numbers are important, but I made a commitment also. This is a sad situation for a boutique builder - especially one that's just down the road from us!

Obviously this whole episode has engendered a great deal of resentment within me. If we didn't already own two fantastic Titus bikes in my house I would have given up two or three failed promises ago. Yet here I am, still with ya!

The bottom line is this : three weeks from now I'm leaving on a 2 1/2 week road trip - though I've done it many times, the SuperMoto is NOT the bike I want to take on weeks of 20-30 mile Idaho epics! So you've FORCED me to an ultimatum - either the EG arrives this week or I have to give my money to another manufacturer! I have no choice fellas! Get it? There are MANY great frames out there for $2300+ ($2K plus the extra $300 - $500 needed to get a decent shock), but I want the EG I committed to half a year ago. I'm still with ya!

Please keep me as an excited Titus customer. Please direct just ONE large black El Guapo to the guy who committed to YOU 6 months ago. The big retailers who do not yet even have buyers will not even miss that one frame for a few more weeks - they're fine without it. I'm not.
    Last edited by Rollin'in'Zona; 07-09-2007 at 12:02 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollin'in'Zona
    Jeff, EJ, please read this! I don't want another promise or explanation, I want the goods!
    oops - problems editing???
    Last edited by Rollin'in'Zona; 07-09-2007 at 04:42 AM.

thats right living legend
    You have the patience of a Saint. I hope they get it together for ya.

Bike to the Bone...
    Good luck Rollin.. post whatever happens about your El Guapo, but probably someone saw your pic and thought you were too Feo for the El Guapo...

Well, I really think it sucks being kept waiting for something and seeing that the bike has been released. It sucks waiting on something, specially a new bike (or frame).....

Ti is addictive
    Thats a shame Rollin..........That's the one thing that irks me with Titus with them going Dealer network (ie prebuy's get priority). I like local shops, but that was one of the reasons I got driven to buying from my "local" shop in Montana.

Hopefully they get you the frame, but with it being peak season right now, you may just want to hedge your bets and look at a few other frames if you wanna make your trip.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

Possible solution

Have your shop give me a call. I preordered some medium and large El Guapos and have a large black in an unopened box I could send to them.
    Support your local shop, but expect them to have to preorder on popular models.
    Bob

the 36 year old grom
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerbob.com
    Have your shop give me a call. I preordered some medium and large El Guapos and have a large black in an unopened box I could send to them.
    Bob
    that is a great offer from thre biker bob. classy dealer action!!!

mtbr member

Good job! Thank you Bob!

Bob
    Vey cool of you Bob! I'll have them contact you.

mtbr member

BikerBob hooked me up!!! THANK YOU!!!

Vey cool of you Bob! I'll have them contact you.
    Everyone, take note: BikerBob ROCKS!!!

He contacted my lbs and my El G is on its way from Ohio! I can't believe it. I owe ya, Bob! Nothing is more wonderful than a stand-up guy standing up and helping a brutha out with no agenda for personal gain. Inspiring - I have got to get out and help someone today...

Thanks Bob! Next time you're near Sedona, beer and dinner is on me!

mtbr member
    That stinks. Here's what I'd do... and what titus should do. If they can't meet the deadline they should send you an el quap demo at no charge for your trip.

Good luck.

Edit: I guess I opened this thread then went off and did something for a couple hours (work??? the horror!) before I posted my response. Nice to see it got worked out in the meantime. Bob's the man.
    Last edited by KRob; 07-09-2007 at 12:52 PM.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Rollin'in'Zona - congrats on the new bike make sure to post pics.

BikerBob, what an impressive and classy move on your part.

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

Altruistic?

Everyone, take note: BikerBob ROCKS!!!

He contacted my lbs and my El G is on its way from Ohio! I can't believe it. I owe ya, Bob! Nothing is more wonderful than a stand-up guy standing up and helping a brutha out with no agenda for personal gain. Inspiring - I have got to get out and help someone today...

Thanks Bob! Next time you're near Sedona, beer and dinner is on me!
    You say that now, but when me and my posse show up in Sedona in our flying saucer, you'll have second thoughts.
    Tony at Bike and Bean is hooking me up with a large latte! Sounds like a cool shop.

THE Biker Bob is the man!!!!! Bob you have truly come through time, and time again for people on this board, and not at the expense of "these precious" LBS's people are always going on about... As always YOU ROCK!!!

mtbr member
    You say that now, but when me and my posse show up in Sedona in our flying saucer, you'll have second thoughts...
    Nah, I've lived here long enough that flying saucers don't phase me anymore...

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Amazing, Bob! Big props!

Congrats, Rollin! Can't wait for the pics!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dobe_99
    Rollin'in'Zona - congrats on the new bike make sure to post pics.
    Gladly! I'm gonna try the El G first with the '06 66SL and an Evolver ISX-6. We'll see how that goes.

It'll be interesting to see how this palys out: Will the EG be more a light SuMo, or a heavy MotoLite???

"El Whatever"
    Nah, I've lived here long enough that flying saucers don't phase me anymore...
    You laugh about it... but people in my wife's hometown FIRMLY believe the harbour is guarded by Aliens...

BOB... YOU DA MAN!!!!

R'N'ZONA... Bro, BIG congrats!! I know you've sweat a drop or two trying to keep your bikes around. That's LOVE. That's a bro deep in love with his Titus'!!
    Check my Site

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Bob, Way to step up man!! Hats off to ya
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

Ti is addictive
    Awesome Bob, you are the man.............

"El Whatever"
    They don't get any better...
    Check my Site

screamer
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    Awesome Bob, you are the man.............
    Agreed. Truly exceptional.

However, I take issue with RnZ posting an "open" letter to the manufacturer on the internet. It's not just you, but a general practice I've seen over the past couple of months where certain individuals use this board as leverage to get what they want, when they are less than fully satisfied as customers. I think it sucks. You're basically holding the business' reputation hostage, kicking & screaming until someone (like Bob) takes one for the team to fix things. You might end up satisfied, but the damage to the business' reputation is done.

So to summarize, I think it would be really great if people stopped using this board as a form of consumer-driven blackmail. Have a grievance? Take it up with the manufacturer.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    hey budgie you are correct, but in RnZ's case it appears he has been in regular (and patient) contact but no action. It would be upsetting not getting a prepaid frame when they have been in regular circulation and in stock at many dealers for quite a few weeks now. RnZ should have been given a confirmed date weeks and weeks ago when El G's were first ready and shipping. Just a slip-up somewhere. It's all good

Bikerbob saw a need and was able to offer assistance to RnZ's bike shop. It's very cool he was able to help and RnZ's even cooler bike shop was able to take up the offer and do the right thing for their customer. It's all good

the 36 year old grom
    Quote Originally Posted by budgie

So to summarize, I think it would be really great if people stopped using this board as a form of consumer-driven blackmail. Have a grievance? Take it up with the manufacturer.
    there is a fine Line....... RNZ does contribute here. and RNZ just wants his frame. And in this case MTBR served Titus very well... because it and the people that contribute (BBob), created a happy customer for Titus.

This is MTBR... the R is for Review and it is very nice that we have a means to voice issues.

you got to take the good with the bad. but there has been a lot of bad. anybody that would jump onto this thread to push their own agenda and troll up the thread boarders on abuse.

Agree AM!

RnZ waited HALF A YEAR! He ordered it from his LBS which is like a A BLOCK away "or whatever" he's been more than patient... dare I say more so than I myself would prob have been.

Now of course I agree that people shouldnt "hold a company hostage" for every day goes with the territory beefs with a purchase, but if a company screws up that's on them. No body Lay's down that kinda money to be jerked around nor should they.

screamer
    AM: you're totally right, I'm sure this has been simmering for a while, and if I were in RZ's situation I would have been royally pis't also. But it's all about how you handle yourself, and in my opinion airing your grievances in public to get what you want just ain't nice.

But like you said, it's all good & I hope RZ will report back soon on how the EG rides!

Veni Vidi Vici
    Bikerbob.... YOUR A HERO no... A SUPERHERO

Congrats RNZ you deserve to get that fine piece of frame hope to read reviews from your ride

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by budgie
    However, I take issue with RnZ posting an "open" letter to the manufacturer on the internet. It's not just you, but a general practice I've seen over the past couple of months where certain individuals use this board as leverage to get what they want, when they are less than fully satisfied as customers. I think it sucks. You're basically holding the business' reputation hostage, kicking & screaming until someone (like Bob) takes one for the team to fix things. You might end up satisfied, but the damage to the business' reputation is done.

I disagree totally. But since this situation has been satisfactorily resolved, let's not fight about it.

Biker Bob went out of his way to help RnZ out, major props for that. Although I'm a little disappointed that Titus wasn't the one to step up and make this happen. Obviously there is a backstory here that only RnZ, the LBS and Titus know about, and probably it should stay that way. But it says something about Titus to those of us who are future customers, interpretation is up to each individual. And regardless of whether this forum is the proper forum to air these issues (methinks it is, but apparently many others don't), everything here is available for public consumption. Impressions are made, and occasionally sales are won and lost without customers even speaking to a sales rep. Is that good? I'm not sure, but because it is the case then manufacturers should be interested in doing the best job that they can in servicing their customers because we are watching.

No, that's not phonetic
    Nice call, Bikerbob.

I bet the guys at Bike and Bean were actually secretly stonewalling because they all ride Turners.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

the 36 year old grom
    Quote Originally Posted by PCinSC
    Although I'm a little disappointed that Titus wasn't the one to step up and make this happen. Obviously there is a backstory here that only RnZ, the LBS and Titus know about, and probably it should stay that way. But it says something about Titus to those of us who are future customers,
    OVER THE LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    How's that over the line?

Pfffffft! I agree paaalease! PC!

I also think what TS said was over the line but, mainly only because TS said it.

the 36 year old grom

I think this post will tell you why.
    Cracked Pack........HELP!

Because ONE GUY had a tough time taking delivery of a brand new frame, you say that say's something about "Titus" AS A COMPANY?

I think his situation sucks but we have no idea the "back story" or pretty much jack $hit! RnZ still seems fine with them over this, and that's good enough for me.

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Because ONE GUY had a tough time taking delivery of a brand new frame, you say that say's something about "Titus" AS A COMPANY?

I think his situation sucks but we have no idea the "back story" or pretty much jack $hit! RnZ still seems fine with them over this, and that's good enough for me.
    What is this, the Titus can do no wrong forum?

A bike was ordered and paid for. Months and months later, after many false promises of delivery, the bike is still not delivered. If RnZ is telling the truth (I believe him) then it seems that Titus did a pretty shoddy job handling this sale. Of course, without the backstory, we of course don't know who's to blame: Titus - for not delivering, the LBS - for not pre-ordering, the aliens at Area 51 for abducting the Titus warehouse workers (or is that in Nevada?), etc.. Either way, even though it's just one situation I think it does reflect back on Titus as the manufacturer. The public actions (and non-actions) of every person who works for and represents Titus will reflect upon Titus. If you don't think so, that's fine. But no matter what, everyone forms their own opinion about these things one way or another. That includes me, you, demo, the lurkers...everyone.

And before anyone brings it up, this has nothing to do with the fact that I own a Turner. If finances didn't play the biggest role in my frame purchase I'd likely be riding a Supermoto instead of a RFX. I may still be in the future. And that, combined with the fact that my wife has finally decided that the Motolite is definitely the bike she wants, is the reason I'm keeping my ear to the ground regarding all things Titus. So don't chalk this up to another Turner Homer coming over here and stirring the pot, I'm certainly not hoping that Titus "the company" screws up.

What is this, the Titus can do no wrong forum?

And before anyone brings it up, this has nothing to do with the fact that I own a Turner. If finances didn't play the biggest role in my frame purchase I'd likely be riding a Supermoto instead of a RFX. I may still be in the future. And that, combined with the fact that my wife has finally decided that the Motolite is definitely the bike she wants, is the reason I'm keeping my ear to the ground regarding all things Titus. So don't chalk this up to another Turner Homer coming over here and stirring the pot, I'm certainly not hoping that Titus "the company" screws up.

Than practice what you preach on the Homer board.

long standing member
    Than practice what you preach on the Homer board.
    If you have an issue with my posts, lay it out. Or better yet, why don't you PM me directly so we don't have to bring OT crap into this thread.

mtbr member
    did you get a spare hanger?

the 36 year old grom
    Quote Originally Posted by the Inbred
    did you get a spare hanger?
    I was thinking the same thing.

Why?

If you have an issue with my posts, lay it out. Or better yet, why don't you PM me directly so we don't have to bring OT crap into this thread.
    I've got nothing to hide nor do I have any "general" problem with your posts... quit good actually. But you do rush to the defense of Turner any time anyone makes even the slightest peep against them... IMO.

Consider it "laid".

long standing member
    I think this post will tell you why.
    But who am I being antagonistic to?

If Titus Jeff (or whoever's in charge now) comes on here and joins in the conversation, I'd be glad to share my thoughts with him, if he cared to hear them. I wouldn't put his product down to his face under any circumstance, and in this case that wouldn't even be relevant. But I sure might question the way his company handled this particular situation, and maybe inquire how Titus is going to improve things so that I don't have a similar problem when I go to make a Titus purchase.

And, of course, there's a backstory between CF and I that nobody (could) know about, and there was a reason I posted that. It just so happened to be on the Turner board after he was kind of an jerk to DT. This actual situations here a pretty different, whether you believe that or not...

Ti is addictive
    I've got nothing to hide nor do I have any "general" problem with your posts... quit good actually. But you do rush to the defense of Turner any time anyone makes even the slightest peep against them... IMO.

Consider it "laid".

As you do when anyone slags on Titus .........I've had an issue, but I didn't cry( I don't think I did ). Right now I'm in the middle of another issue with them, but I'm staying mom about it and dealing with it via my dealer, TitusJeff and the rest of Titus only.

Quite frankly, Rollin shoulda been on his shop over the lack of delivery, especially if he had paid THEM for the frame six months ago. I knew 2 years ago Titus delivers frames to the commited Prebuys first and foremost. Seven months ago of shooting the breeze with his shop, his shop shoulda preordered the frame if they had someone seriously committed to an EG. Heck, Bikerbob polled all of us as to how many and which Titus frames he should preorder back in December.

[QUOTE=TiEndo]As you do when anyone slags on Titus .QUOTE]

Umm how is that relevant? I'm not the one contradicting myself in any way... THAT WAS THE POINT!!!

When I "slag" on someone I FIRST put myself in their shoes, THAN I give my honest opinion.... Now you can go climb back up on that high horse of yours Ti.

Unless you'd like to continue this?... Then of course by all means.

3 "fiddy" for short

Ti is addictive

When I "slag" on someone I FIRST put myself in their shoes, THAN I give my honest opinion.... Now you can go climb back up on that high horse of yours Ti.

Unless you'd like to continue this?... Then of course by all means.

Just pointing out your role as the Titus "enforcer" (by the way did you get socks and a Hat??????

Anyways, I always sit on a high horse, in fact one made of Ti and actually 4 Ti horses draw a Ti Carriage as well.......haven't you noticed

Back to the thread, good on Rollin for getting his frame, great on Bob for helping out, but we really don't know Bike and Beans side or Titus's side either so let's cut the presumptions and blame game around here.

long standing member

Consider it "laid".

Alright, I'll stop defending Turner (what does that have to do with this thread?). Lord knows Turner has enough "defenders". On the Turner forum it's easy to get caught up in the hysteria - damn Kool Aid. The whole Cracked Pack/CF thing was I think a bit of an aberration for me in its "directness". I should probably be more careful when I post responses to people whose first name is CRAZY.

But regarding Turner, it's a good brand. The fact is, Turner "the company" does a lot of things right. Can they do wrong? Certainly - they've been slow on delivery; frames break, including on the seatstay - still haven't seen a pic though ; and some people just don't like the way they ride. I don't have a problem with that, I don't really give a sh1t what people want to ride. Overwhelmingly, though, people are happy with the customer service. Myself included.

But I'd trade my RFX for a Supermoto ('06 or '07 with FR rockers and DHX coil, medium or large would be fine) any day of the week. And twice on days I go the bike park.

Just pointing out your role as the Titus "enforcer" (by the way did you get socks and a Hat??????

Anyways, I always sit on a high horse, in fact one made of Ti and actually 4 Ti horses draw a Ti Carriage as well.......haven't you noticed

Back to the thread, good on Rollin for getting his frame, great on Bob for helping out, but we really don't know Bike and Beans side or Titus's side either so let's cut the presumptions and blame game around here.

Why am I the "enforcer" because JC said I was? Like I said I just give my honest O PERIOD! and yes Bob offered to send me a hat and I excepted. Now WTF does that have to do with ANYTHING! My LBS gave me a free tire lever once. People like to give me stuff what can I say? last I heard Bob doesn't work for Titus. Now back up on your little grey horsy.

Quote Originally Posted by be350ka

Who the hell are you yawning all over the Titus board? Go your ass to sleep and leave us out of it.

Some clown thinks we're all mind readers.

Wrong Again!

But I'd trade my RFX for a Supermoto ('06 or '07 with FR rockers and DHX coil, medium or large would be fine) any day of the week. And twice on days I go the bike park.
    An 04-05 SuMo would suit you if not as well even better.

Ti is addictive
    Why am I the "enforcer" because JC said I was? Like I said I just give my honest O PERIOD! and yes Bob offered to send me a hat and I excepted. Now WTF does that have to do with ANYTHING! My LBS gave me a free tire lever once. People like to give me stuff what can I say? last I heard Bob doesn't work for Titus. Now back up on your little grey horsy.
    Now if they really liked you they(LBS) would have given you the pair of levers instead of just one.

By the way Titus sent me the hat directly, but I don't enforce the way some "others" do.....My Gray horse makes me way to PC.......

Plus I must commend you BA, you've been just way to civil lately........more ride time????

"El Whatever"
    Agreed...

OTOH, I fully sympathize with RNZ... He's gone through hard times, sold a thing or two to keep his bikes after a VERY rough time following an accident. If someone deserves a frame, it's him.
    Check my Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast