Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Titus - where's my El Guapo???

Jeff, EJ, please read this! I don't want another promise or explanation, I want the goods!

We're coming up on half a year ago that I paid for my El Guapo frame, and STILL no delivery from Titus! Perhaps the worst part is that I've been promised by Titus "two weeks" and "by the end of the month" about 10 times now - seriously!!! Since March!

Actually, no, that's frustrating, but that's not the worst part. The real issue is that the bikes are in circulation! If they were not yet available at all, I'd not be writing this - some things can not be helped and I'm cool with that. But this seems unreasonable to me because the bikes are out there.

Come on guys - we have an order placed by a repeat customer through an Arizona shop, just up the road, in February, that's not been filled, while the online stores and have them - they have them in Australia even! There are demos out there! The fact is, at this point anyone can get one online, yet the customer who paid for the bike sight unseen 6 months ago is just SOL, month after month after month?

Yeah, frustrating. What does this say? It screams "you don't matter to us", over and over and over! Again, it's not like the bikes are unavailable! Is it impossible to send one to someone who's already paid for it?

Indeed, it appears the only way to get the bike before my summer trip is to take my money back from my LBS and order one from a faceless dealer on the internet? Is this what you want Specialized - eh, ah, Titus? To diss the LBS and an existing customer in favor of "volume buyers"? I understand the whole pre-season thing, numbers are important, but I made a commitment also. This is a sad situation for a boutique builder - especially one that's just down the road from us!

Obviously this whole episode has engendered a great deal of resentment within me. If we didn't already own two fantastic Titus bikes in my house I would have given up two or three failed promises ago. Yet here I am, still with ya!

The bottom line is this : three weeks from now I'm leaving on a 2 1/2 week road trip - though I've done it many times, the SuperMoto is NOT the bike I want to take on weeks of 20-30 mile Idaho epics! So you've FORCED me to an ultimatum - either the EG arrives this week or I have to give my money to another manufacturer! I have no choice fellas! Get it? There are MANY great frames out there for $2300+ ($2K plus the extra $300 - $500 needed to get a decent shock), but I want the EG I committed to half a year ago. I'm still with ya!

Please keep me as an excited Titus customer. Please direct just ONE large black El Guapo to the guy who committed to YOU 6 months ago. The big retailers who do not yet even have buyers will not even miss that one frame for a few more weeks - they're fine without it. I'm not.
    Last edited by Rollin'in'Zona; 07-09-2007 at 12:02 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollin'in'Zona
    Jeff, EJ, please read this! I don't want another promise or explanation, I want the goods!
    oops - problems editing???
    Last edited by Rollin'in'Zona; 07-09-2007 at 04:42 AM.

thats right living legend
    You have the patience of a Saint. I hope they get it together for ya.

Bike to the Bone...
    Good luck Rollin.. post whatever happens about your El Guapo, but probably someone saw your pic and thought you were too Feo for the El Guapo...

Well, I really think it sucks being kept waiting for something and seeing that the bike has been released. It sucks waiting on something, specially a new bike (or frame).....

Ti is addictive
    Thats a shame Rollin..........That's the one thing that irks me with Titus with them going Dealer network (ie prebuy's get priority). I like local shops, but that was one of the reasons I got driven to buying from my "local" shop in Montana.

Hopefully they get you the frame, but with it being peak season right now, you may just want to hedge your bets and look at a few other frames if you wanna make your trip.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

Possible solution

Have your shop give me a call. I preordered some medium and large El Guapos and have a large black in an unopened box I could send to them.
    Support your local shop, but expect them to have to preorder on popular models.
    Bob

the 36 year old grom
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerbob.com
    Have your shop give me a call. I preordered some medium and large El Guapos and have a large black in an unopened box I could send to them.
    Bob
    that is a great offer from thre biker bob. classy dealer action!!!

mtbr member

Good job! Thank you Bob!

Bob
    Vey cool of you Bob! I'll have them contact you.

mtbr member

BikerBob hooked me up!!! THANK YOU!!!

Vey cool of you Bob! I'll have them contact you.
    [SIZE="4"]Everyone, take note: BikerBob ROCKS!!![/SIZE]

He contacted my lbs and my El G is on its way from Ohio! I can't believe it. I owe ya, Bob! Nothing is more wonderful than a stand-up guy standing up and helping a brutha out with no agenda for personal gain. Inspiring - I have got to get out and help someone today...

Thanks Bob! Next time you're near Sedona, beer and dinner is on me!

mtbr member
    That stinks. Here's what I'd do... and what titus should do. If they can't meet the deadline they should send you an el quap demo at no charge for your trip.

Good luck.

Edit: I guess I opened this thread then went off and did something for a couple hours (work??? the horror!) before I posted my response. Nice to see it got worked out in the meantime. Bob's the man.
    Last edited by KRob; 07-09-2007 at 12:52 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Rollin'in'Zona - congrats on the new bike make sure to post pics.

BikerBob, what an impressive and classy move on your part.

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

Altruistic?

[SIZE="4"]Everyone, take note: BikerBob ROCKS!!![/SIZE]

He contacted my lbs and my El G is on its way from Ohio! I can't believe it. I owe ya, Bob! Nothing is more wonderful than a stand-up guy standing up and helping a brutha out with no agenda for personal gain. Inspiring - I have got to get out and help someone today...

Thanks Bob! Next time you're near Sedona, beer and dinner is on me!
    You say that now, but when me and my posse show up in Sedona in our flying saucer, you'll have second thoughts.
    Tony at Bike and Bean is hooking me up with a large latte! Sounds like a cool shop.

THE Biker Bob is the man!!!!! Bob you have truly come through time, and time again for people on this board, and not at the expense of "these precious" LBS's people are always going on about... As always YOU ROCK!!!

mtbr member
    You say that now, but when me and my posse show up in Sedona in our flying saucer, you'll have second thoughts...
    Nah, I've lived here long enough that flying saucers don't phase me anymore...

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Amazing, Bob! Big props!

Congrats, Rollin! Can't wait for the pics!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dobe_99
    Rollin'in'Zona - congrats on the new bike make sure to post pics.
    Gladly! I'm gonna try the El G first with the '06 66SL and an Evolver ISX-6. We'll see how that goes.

It'll be interesting to see how this palys out: Will the EG be more a light SuMo, or a heavy MotoLite???

"El Whatever"
    Nah, I've lived here long enough that flying saucers don't phase me anymore...
    You laugh about it... but people in my wife's hometown FIRMLY believe the harbour is guarded by Aliens...

BOB... YOU DA MAN!!!!

R'N'ZONA... Bro, BIG congrats!! I know you've sweat a drop or two trying to keep your bikes around. That's LOVE. That's a bro deep in love with his Titus'!!
    Check my Site

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Bob, Way to step up man!! Hats off to ya
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

Ti is addictive
    Awesome Bob, you are the man.............
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

"El Whatever"
    They don't get any better...
    Check my Site

screamer
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    Awesome Bob, you are the man.............
    Agreed. Truly exceptional.

However, I take issue with RnZ posting an "open" letter to the manufacturer on the internet. It's not just you, but a general practice I've seen over the past couple of months where certain individuals use this board as leverage to get what they want, when they are less than fully satisfied as customers. I think it sucks. You're basically holding the business' reputation hostage, kicking & screaming until someone (like Bob) takes one for the team to fix things. You might end up satisfied, but the damage to the business' reputation is done.

So to summarize, I think it would be really great if people stopped using this board as a form of consumer-driven blackmail. Have a grievance? Take it up with the manufacturer.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    hey budgie you are correct, but in RnZ's case it appears he has been in regular (and patient) contact but no action. It would be upsetting not getting a prepaid frame when they have been in regular circulation and in stock at many dealers for quite a few weeks now. RnZ should have been given a confirmed date weeks and weeks ago when El G's were first ready and shipping. Just a slip-up somewhere. It's all good

Bikerbob saw a need and was able to offer assistance to RnZ's bike shop. It's very cool he was able to help and RnZ's even cooler bike shop was able to take up the offer and do the right thing for their customer. It's all good

the 36 year old grom
    Quote Originally Posted by budgie

So to summarize, I think it would be really great if people stopped using this board as a form of consumer-driven blackmail. Have a grievance? Take it up with the manufacturer.
    there is a fine Line....... RNZ does contribute here. and RNZ just wants his frame. And in this case MTBR served Titus very well... because it and the people that contribute (BBob), created a happy customer for Titus.

This is MTBR... the R is for Review and it is very nice that we have a means to voice issues.

you got to take the good with the bad. but there has been a lot of bad. anybody that would jump onto this thread to push their own agenda and troll up the thread boarders on abuse.

Agree AM!

RnZ waited HALF A YEAR! He ordered it from his LBS which is like a A BLOCK away "or whatever" he's been more than patient... dare I say more so than I myself would prob have been.

Now of course I agree that people shouldnt "hold a company hostage" for every day goes with the territory beefs with a purchase, but if a company screws up that's on them. No body Lay's down that kinda money to be jerked around nor should they.

screamer
    AM: you're totally right, I'm sure this has been simmering for a while, and if I were in RZ's situation I would have been royally pis't also. But it's all about how you handle yourself, and in my opinion airing your grievances in public to get what you want just ain't nice.

But like you said, it's all good & I hope RZ will report back soon on how the EG rides!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast