Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

Titus update: 1 Dec 2010

Titus Bikes is alive, if not yet well. Since the acquisition of the Titus brand, trademarks and assets by On-One Bikes on 23 November 2010 we have been working hard to sort out what we have, where it is and how to move forward to serve the loyal and future owners of Titus bicycles.

Frankly, the company is a mess. Suppliers have gone unpaid. Component part source documents are incomplete. Warranty claims have been stalled. We still do not know what we do not know—but we are working on it.

1) Stevo, On-One's chief designer, is currently in Asia sorting out the pieces sourced from Taiwan and China.

2) All Titus Bikes product in Tempe AZ is being shipped to our US partner in Oregon to be checked against the inventory records and assembled into complete frames, ready for sale, as quickly as possible.

3) Retaining and acquiring adequate parts for warranty replacement and learning which parts we need. (*see separate warranty statement below)

4) Former distributors, dealers and employees have been and are being contacted to help fill in the information we need that is not in the records.

5) A new website is in process, along with transfer of the Titus Bikes domain names and other Internet accounts.

6) We are having constant discussions of how we will move Titus forward. Nothing in the current product line has been ruled out.

7) Titus Bikes will continue as a stand-alone brand. We are here for the long haul
    There is a lot of work for us to realize our ambitions so don’t expect any big headlines or re-launches this side of Christmas but we may have a little stock to sell in the mean time, so sign up to the newsletter on the Titus or On-One sites to stay in the loop.

* Titus warranty from On-One
    The recent ownership change of Titus Bikes has created worries regarding support of replacement parts and warranties. On-One Bikes highly values the many loyal Titus owners worldwide and will support them as much as possible.

How will we do it?

At the moment we are still gathering information on exactly what inventory we have available. Who the Titus suppliers are, what pieces they have in process, and what they can do for us in the future. What the common warranty claims are and how to fix them.

As soon as we can get a handle on what we have to support our Titus riders we will be resolving warranty claims and servicing replacement parts needs.

On-One is striving to be fair to both sides. We want Titus owners to be able to keep using their bikes, and we want Titus Bikes to become a healthy company for the long term. Even though Titus Bikes is now a new company and not legally obligated to honor any warranties, On-One wants to do the right thing.

Warranties apply only to the original owner of the frame with proof of purchase. Cost of warranty replacement will not be known until we secure agreements with the Titus suppliers of the component parts. At worst, the owner would be charged our cost for the part. If replacement parts are not available a generous upgrade path will be offered.

Owners of Titus bikes without warranties will be able to purchase parts at a minimal cost.

All warranty frames and components will be required to be returned to your regional Titus office (there will be on in the USA) at the bike owner's expense.

shiggy, Voice in America, On-One and Titus
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Thanks a lot for keeping us posted Shiggy! I look forward to what On One will do with the Titus brand and I'm glad to see you are trying to do the right thing with current owners of Titus bikes.

mtbr member
    Thank you very much...proud owner of a 2010 El Guapo...and love it!!!
    -R

Oakland
    2010 Titus El Guapo
    2011 Corsair Crown

http://www.titusti.com/2010/
    http://www.corsairbikes.com/

The Cheater
    There is still hope... awesome!

mtbr member
    Hate to say it but that is more information about Titus than I think we ever heard from Titus!

searcher
    Thanks very much for the update and the information!
    Things look really promising for the brand and for us, costumers, this is great!
    I have to agree with Vesp up here, this is the kind of CS we are looking for!
    Keep it up guys!
    Kovi

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus
    Hate to say it but that is more information about Titus than I think we ever heard from Titus!
    Ouch! That kinda hurts.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus Jeff
    Ouch! That kinda hurts.

Sorry, I was just trying to make a funny. In reality, that is information that Titus should/would not want to reveal anyway.

Honestly, I think this was a good thing for the Titus brand. A fresh start, not tethered to old debts and expectations.

mtbr member

Good to hear

I really didnt want to give up my 10 Guapo anyway! Website is back up.
    Last edited by craigstr; 12-02-2010 at 12:10 PM.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    So Shiggy, does this mean you're going to relinquish you role as moderator of these forums in order avoid potential conflicts of interest?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Good News!

Thanks Shiggy! Essentially my entire stable is made up of Titus bikes (I own 4) and hated to think that they might be relics. Particularly since they all ride well. Keep up the good work, your on the path to retaining Titus loyalists!!

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

dealer network?

Any news on how Titus will be distributed going forward?
    Inquiring minds want to know.
    Especially those with a significant number of new and demo bikes in stock.

Mostly selling bearing kits and hangers lately. Trying to keep the owners on their bikes.

As far as I'm concerned, the stocking Titus dealers are critical to the revival of the brand.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Titus update: 1 Dec 2010-img_3544.jpg  

Last edited by Bikerbob.com; 12-02-2010 at 11:29 AM.

formerly "nandomax"

Good job!

Go Titus. We're rooting for you.

mtbr member
    This is starting to really sound like great news. I'm glad because I absolutely love my 08' Racer X 29er (hint, hint On-One).

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Oh yeah, EG lives on.. still want to pick up a main pivot bolt when the hardware is available.. where's the newsletter link on the Titus site?

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerbob.com

Mostly selling bearing kits and hangers lately. Trying to keep the owners on their bikes.

As far as I'm concerned, the stocking Titus dealers are critical to the revival of the brand.
    You should change your name to Titusbob

mtbr member
    Please Help! I have an 09 FTM with a broken 09 Seat Stay Drop out. this make 2 Light Rail Seat stays for me. I heard the 2010 FTM Seat stay was redesign to be stronger and stiffer. if you have any I'll take one. I'm currently out for the last part of the season, and was starting to look at some new frames. Please hurry

T.F.L.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Titus update: 1 Dec 2010-dropout.jpg  

Solstice
    TBC TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by CupOfJava
    So Shiggy, does this mean you're going to relinquish you role as moderator of these forums in order avoid potential conflicts of interest?
    I already have. Note the status change in my user title. Just remaining as a mod for the Washington and Oregon regional boards (my home areas). 2mellow did the same thing when he went to work for Niner Bikes.
    mtbtires.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerbob.com

Bob, the dealer network status it is still being discussed and no firm direction has been set. I have made sure that Dave and his team in Rotherham are aware of you and your support of Titus. They have plans to contact you and other dealers personally. We do not want to leave you hanging.

I am based in Washington state and just getting office setup.
    email for me is shiggy.onone.titus at gmail.com
    mtbtires.com

Quote Originally Posted by DeerhillOG
    Oh yeah, EG lives on.. still want to pick up a main pivot bolt when the hardware is available.. where's the newsletter link on the Titus site?
    Please Standby

It looks like they were able to just revive the existing Titus site. I have requested the addition of the newsletter signup link, as well as the news updates.
    mtbtires.com

Quote Originally Posted by malen
    Please Help! I have an 09 FTM with a broken 09 Seat Stay Drop out. this make 2 Light Rail Seat stays for me. I heard the 2010 FTM Seat stay was redesign to be stronger and stiffer. if you have any I'll take one. I'm currently out for the last part of the season, and was starting to look at some new frames. Please hurry

T.F.L.
    Malen, we have been looking at your post from last week. We want to make your bike whole again ASAP.

All of the Titus stock is on its way to Oregon. Next week we have a team coming in from the UK to inventory the stock. Only then will we be able to supply replacement parts.

Soon there will be a form on the Titus site for warranty claims. Soon. I will send a reminder to web guy.
    mtbtires.com

Quote Originally Posted by Titus Jeff
    Ouch! That kinda hurts.
    Jeff, your posts here have been invaluable to us. Thank you. Please continue to say it as you see it.
    mtbtires.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Excellent feedback. I might even take the X back from the LBS that is selling it for me. No way I will ever part with the EG. What a bike! Good to hear that the Titus brand will remain. Cheers, good job

screamer

muck-core

Shiggy, I suppose we can assume if you're a key player in the Titus/On-One rebel alliance that all future frames will be optimized (or I guess "optimised") to run every tire known to mankind with ample clearance in mucky conditions.

About time the PNW & the UK joined forces, innit?
    On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by budgie
    Shiggy, I suppose we can assume if you're a key player in the Titus/On-One rebel alliance that all future frames will be optimized (or I guess "optimised") to run every tire known to mankind with ample clearance in mucky conditions.

About time the PNW & the UK joined forces, innit?
    I will be doing my best! Yes, I will have input on future models. One of the (many) things I have liked about On-One bikes is their tire clearance.
    mtbtires.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast