Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    190

    Titus Nuevo El Guapo

    Something I picked up on the On One site.

    http://www.on-one.co.uk/news/events/...taiwan-or-bust


  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Deerhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,020
    Well I see moar room there, hmm.. like the chopped bridge/rocker mount.



    Shock mount on down tube?

  3. #3
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,645
    Mmmmhh.... is this other pic related???

    Check my Site

  4. #4
    NOT Team Sanchez
    Reputation: wasea04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,959
    Oh dang, me want!
    I like bikes.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: anvil_den's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by DeerhillJDOG View Post
    Well I see moar room there, hmm.. like the chopped bridge/rocker mount.

    Shock mount on down tube?

    Looks like tinkering with left over 2010 frames.. rip mount off top and flip over to bottom?

    Seat tube doesnt look to be the ol' straight tube though... or is that due to the camera/lens>

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,795
    Dollars to dounuts it's a 29'r.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: anvil_den's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    Dollars to dounuts it's a 29'r.
    If that's the case, what the fork are they gonna put up front for it?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,795
    Probably drop the travel to 120 like "most" 29'r converts and slap a reba on it.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: anvil_den's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    917
    There's a few offering of 140mm 29er forks out there now...but still
    and what are they gonna call it.. El 'bomination?

    Well just dont make it into one of those flip-turtle 96ers..

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,795
    Trust me, I really don't want to see it in a 29'r wheel but it's still what's selling.

    With the way the dropouts aren't in the picture I would think that the rear hub in the other picture is meant for the new EG. Thatd be awesome but as I've said elsewhere, until some one makes a true wide-flange 142 hub I think it's worthless. (other than the increase in rigidity from the larger axle itself)
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

  11. #11
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    47,276
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    Dollars to dounuts it's a 29'r.
    The pic is a 26" wheel frame.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,795
    The pic is a 26" wheel frame.
    happy to hear that
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Deerhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,020

    Good job!

    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    The pic is a 26" wheel frame.
    Is that seat brace still a med?

    Thought for sure this was 29er when I saw ST... do I get a 29er rear end to swap??? Two bikes in one would be killer



  14. #14
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    47,276
    Quote Originally Posted by DeerhillJDOG View Post
    Is that seat brace still a med?

    Thought for sure this was 29er when I saw ST... do I get a 29er rear end to swap??? Two bikes in one would be killer


    Sample frames are usually "mediums".
    I have not seen the longer travel 29er frame but you can not use the same main frame for the two wheel sizes.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Deerhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,020
    Quote Originally Posted by anvil_den View Post
    Looks like tinkering with left over 2010 frames.. rip mount off top and flip over to bottom?

    Seat tube doesnt look to be the ol' straight tube though... or is that due to the camera/lens>
    Looks curved to me, don't see any other distortion.

    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    Sample frames are usually "mediums".
    I have not seen the longer travel 29er frame but you can not use the same main frame for the two wheel sizes.
    What's the HA, and is that a new down tube? lets see the rest of the photo...

  16. #16
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    47,276
    Quote Originally Posted by DeerhillJDOG View Post
    Looks curved to me, don't see any other distortion.



    What's the HA, and is that a new down tube? lets see the rest of the photo...
    I do not have the details and this is not the final design
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  17. #17
    High Alpine Adventure
    Reputation: DaGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,588
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    The pic is a 26" wheel frame.
    Make sure the chain stays fit a 650b!
    Dug-Da-Goat

    Something changes at 12,000'
    ...so welcome to the Odyssey!

    Building your trails at FooMTB

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Deerhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,020
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    Trust me, I really don't want to see it in a 29'r wheel but it's still what's selling.

    With the way the dropouts aren't in the picture I would think that the rear hub in the other picture is meant for the new EG. Thatd be awesome but as I've said elsewhere, until some one makes a true wide-flange 142 hub I think it's worthless. (other than the increase in rigidity from the larger axle itself)

    EG with 150 hub ?

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,795
    EG with 150 hub ?
    No just a proper 142mm hub, not a 135 hubshell with spacers tosssed on the axle.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    955
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGoat View Post
    Make sure the chain stays fit a 650b!
    Big Thumbs Up to that!

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: craigstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,302
    So my guess is they increased the travel to 160 or 170mm by curving the seat tube for more clearance. Probably added a 142mm rear end. Looks like the axed the dual rocker position on the frame as well. Only problem with that curved seatube is that most adjustable posts might not be able to be inserted far enough.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Deerhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,020
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    No just a proper 142mm hub, not a 135 hubshell with spacers tosssed on the axle.
    If moving the drive side flange outboard, I wonder how much would make a worthy upgrade in strength? I only use @ 5-6 gears on a 9spd anyway, usually skip over a gear when shifting.

    I'd be all over a wider bb, and wide-flanged 142mm hubshell, slap on a slim 6 or 7spd and move that sucker over

  23. #23
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    47,276
    Quote Originally Posted by DeerhillJDOG View Post
    If moving the drive side flange outboard, I wonder how much would make a worthy upgrade in strength? I only use @ 5-6 gears on a 9spd anyway, usually skip over a gear when shifting.

    I'd be all over a wider bb, and wide-flanged 142mm hubshell, slap on a slim 6 or 7spd and move that sucker over
    The Hope Pro II trials/singlespeed 135mm hub uses a short FH body that can take 6 cogs. Builds a near dishless wheel.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: anvil_den's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    The Hope Pro II trials/singlespeed 135mm hub uses a short FH body that can take 6 cogs. Builds a near dishless wheel.
    Problem is a lack of customized cassettes... JJ and a couple of others make them but once a batch is sold, never knows when the next will be available.

    You know of any that will cater for this market on a more consistent basis?

  25. #25
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,645
    Quote Originally Posted by DeerhillJDOG View Post
    I'd be all over a wider bb, and wide-flanged 142mm hubshell, slap on a slim 6 or 7spd and move that sucker over
    Why not 150?? It was already there, in thru axle and most high end companies have one.

    It was just a matter of lighten it up for XC use. Competitive DH'ers are also counting grams.

    Widen the BB shell, increase diameter and move bearings inboard (with threads, please).

    How fed up would be the Q-Factor on a bike with 150mm? What's the chainline in a system like that? You'd have to move the FD outwards also...
    Check my Site

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ellsworth epiphany vs titus ftm vs titus el guapo
    By mtbpri in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 05:55 PM
  2. Titus - where's my El Guapo???
    By Rollin'in'Zona in forum Titus
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 05:07 AM
  3. Titus El Guapo
    By All Mountain in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 08:28 AM
  4. Nuevo SixSixOne (or Nuevo) question
    By mtnram009 in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2005, 10:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •