mtbr member
    May 2014

Titus Motolite rear travel adjustment

Hi, Can someone please guide me as to how to change the travel settings at the rear from 4" to 5"? Mine is set at 4" (bottom hole) and I read that 5" is to have it at the top hole.

Is it as simple as loosening the screw and setting to the top hole? Are there special tools needed? I would highly appreciate a step by step guide

IS it just as simple as loosening the torque, slide out and move the fox and the pin to the upper hole?
    any special tools I need aside from troque screw?
    Last edited by waway625; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:33 PM.

mtbr member
    You shouldn't need any more tools. Just pay attention to the washers (only 2) in between the shock and frame when you pull the allen bolt out and put them back the same way. May have to tap out the bolt with a hammer. The frame will collapse when you pull the bolt, just lift frame and line up the shock with new holes and replace the bolt. Tighten then ride and recheck for tight again.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Thanks! Would it be good if I position the bike upside down? or straight up?

I read (somewhere but not Titus) I need a loctite as well? Is that necessary?

mtbr member
    I left the bike on its wheels but either way would be fine. Might even be easier upside down, never tried it that way. If you have extra help around it makes it easier to hold the bike and line the holes up but you can do it alone, just have patience with the washers. If you have blue loctite that would be great but I didn't apply to mine and its never backed out. You need to check all the nuts and bolts from time to time anyway. The bike suspension takes a beating.