Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: veritechy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    602

    Titus ML-1 sizing

    Hi,

    I'm new to Titus. I've been a Santa Cruz person.
    I'm about 5'6" and inseam about 30". What size would be be good?
    Would you suggest S or XS?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vespasianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,215
    Quote Originally Posted by veritechy
    Hi,

    I'm new to Titus. I've been a Santa Cruz person.
    I'm about 5'6" and inseam about 30". What size would be be good?
    Would you suggest S or XS?

    Thanks in advance.
    How much do you weigh? The small and XS ML use a 1.5" shock, which, if you are heavy, can be difficult to tune. If you could squeeze onto a medium, it would be worth it.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: veritechy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    602

    Weight

    Hi Vespasianus,

    I'm about 155lbs. What do you mean by 1.5" shock? Are you refering to the RP2?
    What size shock does the M use?

    Thanks

  4. #4
    A Superhero Named Tony
    Reputation: McLovin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    165
    My wife is 5'1" and rides an XS racer-x. I'm 5'8" and ride a medium. You should probably be deciding between a small and a medium. Run some quick measurements between your existing bike and the Titus (if your current bike fits well), or a similar bike that you have ridden and like.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: veritechy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    602
    Thanks McLovin.
    I just ordered one for $600 - what a great deal for a new'08!
    I got the small. I usually run a medium but it leaves only about 1" margin on the standover.
    How do you like it?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    216
    I'm 5'9, 30" inseam, and the Medium works for me, but feels just a bit big. I think you're right going for the small. I don't have any trouble with the standover, but it feels a bit stretched out. Might have to go to a shorter stem.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: xtr444's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by veritechy
    Hi,

    I'm new to Titus. I've been a Santa Cruz person.
    I'm about 5'6" and inseam about 30". What size would be be good?
    Would you suggest S or XS?

    Thanks in advance.
    Size "S" is about perfect.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    24
    hi Guys,

    I am 5'11" / 180cm and inseam about 80cm, should I get a Medium or Large?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by one_eye
    hi Guys,

    I am 5'11" / 180cm and inseam about 80cm, should I get a Medium or Large?

    Yeah, I'd like to know the answer to that one as well.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: veritechy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    602

    call colorado cyclist

    Hi guys, I called colorado cyclist and they suggested a medium for me.
    They have a GREAT deal. $599 for the '08 frame. How can you beat that?
    They got the geometry here:
    http://www.titusti.com/titus09/bikes/trail_motolite.php

    I've had a Blur XC and it seems the top tube length is about 1" longer for the Titus for a medium.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    24
    I emailed Colorado and they recommend a medium for me, I have placed order and is waiting for it to be shipped. Anyway what fork length is this frame design for 120 or 140mm?

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: veritechy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    602

    fork size

    Hi One-Eye,

    The guy at Colorado cyclist said the perfect size is the talas 100-140mm.

    I picked up at 80-120mm new reba SL for $298. I'd like a little more travel but at this price...

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    24
    Thanks. That's great cos I do have a Talas. I hope Colorado can ship my frame out today.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: veritechy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    602

    just got mine

    and it's sweet.
    It came with the RP23 and a carbon seatpost. What a great buy!
    Hope you get yours soon.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    106

    Sizing for a 6' 200lb rider

    Hi,
    I'm thinking about picking up a ML frame. I'm 6' 200lbs. What frame size do you guys recommend for me? I find that i'm in between a medium and large on a lot of frames...
    Thanks

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vespasianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,215
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguysmallbike
    Hi,
    I'm thinking about picking up a ML frame. I'm 6' 200lbs. What frame size do you guys recommend for me? I find that i'm in between a medium and large on a lot of frames...
    Thanks
    6' 200lbs also. Medium was way to small. Large is perfect for me. 34" inseem and gorilla like arms.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    38
    bigguysmallbike: Large.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    106
    Any stem length recommendations?

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by veritechy
    and it's sweet.
    It came with the RP23 and a carbon seatpost. What a great buy!
    Hope you get yours soon.
    How is your ML1? Do post some pictures here. Colorado just shipped out my frame today, I am not too pleased with their poor and slow service.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ebeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    811
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguysmallbike
    Any stem length recommendations?
    I'm 6ft on a large frame. I started out with a 120mm stem, basically trying to copy distance I had on my Stumpjumper (which rides lower and more stretched out...I think more XC - but that's just me). I ended up switching to a 90mm stem on the ML. I much prefer the more upright riding position, and feel I have more stability on the descents.

    YMMV.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vespasianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,215
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguysmallbike
    Any stem length recommendations?
    At 6' with a 34" inseem and an arm length of 30", I originally used a 115mm stem. I recentely tried a 85mm stem and like it, but feel it is a little short. 100mm would be perfect in my mind.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: anvil_den's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    933
    and generally longer the bar goes nicer with a shorter stem. Or at least thats for me.
    Long bar (690mm) and long stem (110) made me feel like I'm kayaking rather than steering a bike.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: veritechy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    602

    Finally done

    Quote Originally Posted by one_eye
    How is your ML1? Do post some pictures here. Colorado just shipped out my frame today, I am not too pleased with their poor and slow service.

    Hi One Eye,

    Sorry took so long to get back to you. I'm finally done. Took a few days to assemble and gather parts...waiting for parts to arrive, etc.

    Here's a pic. She comes in at 28.25 lbs. Kinda heavy, but rides nice. A few things I don't like: Economy is not too great so I swapped out low end parts from my thrasher bike. My Blur has the nice parts...I can always upgrade later, right?

    How's your build coming along?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by veritechy
    Hi One Eye,

    Sorry took so long to get back to you. I'm finally done. Took a few days to assemble and gather parts...waiting for parts to arrive, etc.

    Here's a pic. She comes in at 28.25 lbs. Kinda heavy, but rides nice. A few things I don't like: Economy is not too great so I swapped out low end parts from my thrasher bike. My Blur has the nice parts...I can always upgrade later, right?

    How's your build coming along?
    Looks good, i just received my frame today. No RP23 on my frame only a RP2 but I think it is good enough. I will be doing a swap over in the next few weeks.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: veritechy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    602

    You were right

    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus
    How much do you weigh? The small and XS ML use a 1.5" shock, which, if you are heavy, can be difficult to tune. If you could squeeze onto a medium, it would be worth it.
    Hi Vespasianus,

    Man you were right. The rear shock on the small frame is really hard to tune. I've been riding it a few days and I almost always bottom it out and I have about 190lbs of air in it. I like the frame size, but the tuning is tough.

    Thanks for your tip, but I should've listened...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •