Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2006

Titus hits the Great White North!

Hey everyone and especially all the Titus fans north of the border! I just wanted to let you know that the Titus demo trailer has just crossed into Canada today and we're planning on spending nearly the entire month of June visiting various shops and events in and around BC.

Check out or demo schedule and call the local dealers for greater detail(s)...http://www.titusti.com/titus09/demotour.php

As always, please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Take care!

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

Good luck, Mike

It's a long way from Edmonton, Alberta to Vancouver. 5 days should be enough time. You're gonna love it Mike.
    Stop in Banff in the Rockies and check out the Banff Springs Hotel. As long as Jeff is paying, jump in Fairmont Hot Springs. Maybe a massage.
    And go by Lake Louise.

My wife Julie is from Edmonton, studied art in Banff and Vancouver. She wants to tag along.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bring on the Funk!
    Mar 2007
    Will you guys be at the Test of Metal display area as well as Corsa Cycles?

Cheers

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzboy
    Will you guys be at the Test of Metal display area as well as Corsa Cycles?

Cheers

Yes, we will be at the Test of Metal race on 6/20 as well as the Canada Cup race on 6/13.

Bring on the Funk!
    Mar 2007
    See you there.

Ti is addictive
    Woohoo....I'll see you guys this weekend at Oak Bay Bikes.......Any Discounts if I bring cash and beer for the boys in the trailor.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

Bike to the Bone...
    Titus and Canada... great! I miss Canada (although I only know the flat area in Ontario, but I really miss it.

dog's best friend
    May 2004
    Don't forget your passport!

Damn, you're heading north while me and my new Racer X are heading south to Maah Daah Hey ND( tomorrow) and Oregon late June. Hope to catch you in between trips! Want to get a leg up over a FTM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Jeff, a warm Canadian welcome to you and your crew. I am look forward to seeing you guys in Edmonton.

Bikerbob is right about Banff. You must ride the old Goat Creek Trail road from Canmore to Banff.

The best way to do it is take the Highway from Banff to Canmore, then follow the signs to the Canmore Nordic Center. Once you get to the Canmore Nordic center keep climbing all the way up to the top of the dam. Don't forget to stop and enjoy the view and refuel. A mile or so further down the road is the trail head for the Goat Creek Trail. From there it's a fast paced 18 KM ride with a 1000 vertical feet of descending with the odd climb thrown in here and there just to add some pain. The trail ends with a nice ride through the very posh Banff Springs Hotel parking lot.

http://www.trailpeak.com/trail-Goat-...-Banff-AB-1325

You can also ride the trail in reverse only the Parks Canada staff will want cash from you or else they won't let you enter the park.

Sopwithcamel
    Last edited by sopwithcamel; 06-02-2009 at 09:07 PM.

what's that rattle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus Jeff
    Yes, we will be at the Test of Metal race on 6/20 as well as the Canada Cup race on 6/13.
    There are some new trails cut right out my door for the Canada Cup course. They're flowy. It's great! Hope to run into you!

Off the back...
    WTF? You're going to Edmonton but not Calgary?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkrobe
    WTF? You're going to Edmonton but not Calgary?
    We're looking into adding a few more dates for the month while we are in Canada, but these are just the confirmed stops for now.

Off the back...
    Hmm. Well, we'll see. Maybe you could stop in Calgary on your way to Edmonton, we're on the way. We have beer...

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Titus Jeff, I just had an Epiphany! The Rona Alberta MS Bike Tour is happening the weekend of June 13 &14. Normally Trek brings out there demo trailer, but they won't be making it to the Edmonton event. If you did Saturday morning at the Calgary event then Sunday morning at the Edmonton event you would get a whole lot of exposure.

Here is the link, http://www.scleroseenplaques.ca/alberta/biketour.htm

Oh and if you need some volunteer help in the Edmonton area, I would be more then glad to come out and help.

Cheers,

Sopwithcamel

Ti is addictive
    Thanks to Mike for hauling all the Titus bikes to Victoria for a Demo. Also thanks to Johnny of Orange Bikes. Didn't have alot of time today to try too many of the rides as still busy moving and renovating, and mandatory family day. But my wifey did let me have a few minutes from our travels to try out a FTM. (too bad the small was out and forced to ride the medium). All I can say is wow. Compared to the motolite, it's lighter, more stable and rides way better then my short stroked ML......FTM is back on my shortlist of possible steeds that might end up in my stable one day.
    Also a big thanks to Mike for his generous gift of a El Guapo jersey.....Guess being a multiple Titus buyer pays off once in awhile.
    Last edited by TiEndo; 06-06-2009 at 09:04 PM.

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    ......Anyone want a small exogrid Motolite?....
    SPAM!!!!
    Extreme stationary biker.

Ti is addictive
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    SPAM!!!!

Corrected.......you know better then me willing to part with a bike.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    SPAM!!!!
    Yeah!!! I call blatant, flagrant SPAM!!

Anyway... the Titus board has always distinguished itself for having the lowest of the lowest in moderation.

TiEndo... you tried the Medium FTM, right??? What if you drop me a line, bro?
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    The Titus Demo Tour rolled into Edmonton yesterday for the Canada Cup. The weather was great and the race course conditions were dry, dusty and very fast. Mike the Titus Technical Field Representative had the Titus tent set up in the prime spot to catch all the race action and provide shade to weathered riders. During the elite race, the race announcers parked themselves nicely in the Titus lawn chairs to call the race action for the menís and womenís race. The Titus tent saw a steady stream of riders wanting to demo ride the Titus bikes which kept Mike busy all day. For many cyclists it was their first opportunity to try a Titus and the feed back from the test rides was very positive. I also tried pumping Mike for information on the on the new "2010" Titus bikes and all he would be confirm is there are going to be big changes and little changes. Thanks Mike for all those juicy details! I guess I will have to wait till Interbike to find out.

I also had the chance to hang out with Greg the president of "Orange Cycle Supply" who is the Canadian Distributor for Titus in Canada. When Greg wasn't hanging out at the Titus tent he was taking pictures of the Titus racers in action. Not an easy job considering how dusty the course was. Check out there website.

http://www.orangesportsupply.com/index.html

It was sure great to see the Titus demo truck at the Canada Cup. Traditionally Canadian mountain bikers only get a chance to throw a leg over a Trek, Specialized, or Giant as they are the big three. So it was a real treat to be able to test ride a few Titus bikes. According to Mike, the Titus Demo Trailer was heading to Calgary next so heads up to everyone in Calgay that wants to test ride a Titus. Keep checking the Titus website for updates too the Canadian Demo Tour.

http://www.titusti.com/titus09/demotour.php"]http://www.titusti.com/titus09/demotour.php[/URL]

Cheers,

Sopwithcamel

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    Thanks to Mike for hauling all the Titus bikes to Victoria for a Demo. Also thanks to Johnny of Orange Bikes. Didn't have alot of time today to try too many of the rides as still busy moving and renovating, and mandatory family day. But my wifey did let me have a few minutes from our travels to try out a FTM. (too bad the small was out and forced to ride the medium). All I can say is wow. Compared to the motolite, it's lighter, more stable and rides way better then my short stroked ML......FTM is back on my shortlist of possible steeds that might end up in my stable one day.
    Also a big thanks to Mike for his generous gift of a El Guapo jersey.....Guess being a multiple Titus buyer pays off once in awhile.
    How does it compare to your EG?
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

Ti is addictive
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg
    How does it compare to your EG?

EG will not be leaving the stable

EG still feels more stable, way burlier and even having more then one inch of travel more then the FTM it feels more like 2+. The travel feels more smoother and linear as well. The FTM feels like a more balanced Motolite, Travel felt better then my ML as it had the longer stroke shock then our ML's. I have had my EG down to sub 29lbs and went back the other way to 30.5 lbs to give some more durability. If I was building a all day bike, like a marathon/endurance bike, the FTM would definately be that bike. I don't think the FTM can be built up like some of the burlier ML's of the past. This bike has gone on a major WW reduction project. Titus is shooting for the XCer side of trail vs say the Turner Spot. I think with a simple parts swap, I could easily have a sub 25lb FTM from my ML....

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Titus is doing a Demo tomorrow night on mount Seymour - looking forward to trying to fly up old buck on the new X! I wonder what is will ride like coming down Severed D*ck? Maybe I should run the FTM for a more overall fun ride?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Try the "X", if it can handle the toughest down hills that your normally ride then your much better off because it will be much faster on the climb and flats. There is no point pushing more weight up the hill then you need too.

Sopwithcamel

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by sopwithcamel
    Try the "X", if it can handle the toughest down hills that your normally ride then your much better off because it will be much faster on the climb and flats. There is no point pushing more weight up the hill then you need too.

Sopwithcamel
    Uh, Seymour is the heart of the North Shore . I say take the Guapo and shuttle CBC and friends.
    Extreme stationary biker.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    CBC has just been worked on by the kids of nsmb.com so the I like that idea! Perhaps a couple laps is in order.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast