Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    "Its All Good"

Listen! Titus Group Ride Sun 29th July - Sat 4th Aug

Hi All

Just to refresh things, not much information coming forward.

The plan is to meet in Seattle on Sunday evening 29th July, then ride some of FM's & EBE's knarly trails towards Whistler. The loose plan is to meet in Whistler to ride on the Wednesday.....

Thus far the names we have are as follows:

1 - Whafe
    2 - Chris97021
    3 - FM
    4 - ebxtreme
    5 - MintSauce
    6 - rdhfreethought
    7 - geolover

Please just add your name if indeed you are say 90% sure you will attend this years Titus group Ride.

As discussed previously, the concensus is totally cool that other non Titus riders attend.

I met with Jeff from Titus last week in Arizona at the plant, although they cannot attend this year, they would still like to work with us with something, so need to do the right thing and give Jeff numbers attending etc.

At this point I am flying into Vancouver, arriving the Saturday afternoon 28th. I have a rental booked, and will drive to where people are etc. Whistler is some 80 km from Vancouver.

I dont mind driving to meet up somewhere between Seattle and Whistler. Just drove 2000 Km in the past week riding in Az...

Mintsauce is going to be in the Whistler area for 3 weeks, lucky bugger... Mintsauce has booked into a Hostel place for 15 bucks per night, I am going to do the same, was the opportunity to share a cabin etc, but no one is fourthcoming.

FM. Bro, could you throw together some thoughts for the rides of Monday and Tuesday, where feasible place to stay for the Monday evening. Of course Tuesdya evening will be in Whistler.....

All, sorry to seem a nag on this, need to get crackin, time is nearing. Yeah ha...

So please come forward and let us know any details that may well be pertinent...
    Last edited by Whafe; 06-21-2007 at 11:04 PM.
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    It's not looking good for me big fella. I've got some health issues to deal with that week. Looks like I'll have to catch y'all on the flip side.
    FM, EBE, geolover, I might be able to swing up there later in the year. I hope you'll show me your rides if I make it.
    dD
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who count in binary, and those who don't.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerDan
    It's not looking good for me big fella. I've got some health issues to deal with that week. Looks like I'll have to catch y'all on the flip side.
    FM, EBE, geolover, I might be able to swing up there later in the year. I hope you'll show me your rides if I make it.
    dD
    No worries dD, health comes first for sure. Hope lal is well and the health stuff works out well that week. We will catch up somewhere at some stage. All the best...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

I wonder why?
    It's not looking good for me either. I just found out late last week that I've go tto fly to Flordia for business July 29, 30 & 31. Getting back to Toronto then out to Whistler in time to meet you guys will be tough. Plus my anniversary is on August 4th and I'd be up the perverbial creek if I didn't show up.

At any rate, I know I'm going to miss a great time.

Have fun all.

i1dry?

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by i1dry
    It's not looking good for me either. I just found out late last week that I've go tto fly to Flordia for business July 29, 30 & 31. Getting back to Toronto then out to Whistler in time to meet you guys will be tough. Plus my anniversary is on August 4th and I'd be up the perverbial creek if I didn't show up.

At any rate, I know I'm going to miss a great time.

Have fun all.

i1dry?
    Hi ya, fully understand. We will cross paths again at some stage. Be well...

"Its All Good"
    Come on our American buddy's.... At present you have MintSauce flying from South Africa and myself flying from Spain for this... Your fella's are real close so to speak.

Anymore names, come forward please.....

It takes a lot to knock me back, so you will haev to keep up with me nagging......

mtbr member
    May 2004

50/50 for me

Hey guys,
    I've been lurking but haven't posted awhile (due to lack of a computer and doing to much riding when I am home). I have training at the end of July and I'm hoping I can sneak up to Seattle in the middle of things. If not I'm still planning on coming up to Seattle to see my brother a couple times this year.

Chris

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris9702l
    Hey guys,
    I've been lurking but haven't posted awhile (due to lack of a computer and doing to much riding when I am home). I have training at the end of July and I'm hoping I can sneak up to Seattle in the middle of things. If not I'm still planning on coming up to Seattle to see my brother a couple times this year.

Chris
    No worries Chris, thanks for letting us know, am getting worried, seems everyone is pulling out.

Going down like flies so to speak.....................Am not the worrying kind, but has cost a fortune to pay for tickets from Barcelona to Vancouver... I digress... A pain for MintSauce also, he is coming from Sount Africa...

Anyways, no one shows up, will have a week of Whistler Bike Park....

Come on punters, we want some names added, not removed...

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Dudes, I'm still planning on it, and still pretty much playing by ear.

depending on who's coming to seattle vs. who's flying into whistler, I'll plan rides around that. If it's just Whafe and me, then riding up north will make more sense... So if you're planning on riding in Seattle early on, let me know.

The bad news, maybe no suprise, I've sold my motolite... I am still a big titus fan though!

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Dudes, I'm still planning on it, and still pretty much playing by ear.

depending on who's coming to seattle vs. who's flying into whistler, I'll plan rides around that. If it's just Whafe and me, then riding up north will make more sense... So if you're planning on riding in Seattle early on, let me know.

The bad news, maybe no suprise, I've sold my motolite... I am still a big titus fan though!
    Cool to hear from you FM.... Not getting much interest for this. Will be us at Whistler, Whafe cruising it on FM's Highline and FM cruising it on Whafe's Nicolai....

What are you replacing the ML with? I wait with HUGE interest....

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FM

Congrats on the sale.

Looking forward to seeing your new trail drop machine.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I still plan to take part but the end of the week got hijacked, and I will have to roll back out of Whistler by Thursday afternoon in order to fly out of Seattle friday AM..

The ideal for me would be to head up to Whistler a day earlier, but I will go with the flow

Looking forward to it.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Endo Often
    I still plan to take part but the end of the week got hijacked, and I will have to roll back out of Whistler by Thursday afternoon in order to fly out of Seattle friday AM..

The ideal for me would be to head up to Whistler a day earlier, but I will go with the flow

Looking forward to it.
    Hi ya EO, yes indeed it seems come earlier in the week, we can thrash Whistler etc....

I rode 'Whistler XC'
    Howdy Gentleman,

I'm counting down the days! Really looking fwd to this!

Will be waiting in Whizzler so you guys can just let me know when you will be around(once you've decided)

Hey Whafe....we nearly had you Kiwis in the Tri-nations game! Better watch out!

Tum-tee-tum
    If I wanted your opinion I'd give it to you

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by MintSauce
    Howdy Gentleman,

I'm counting down the days! Really looking fwd to this!

Will be waiting in Whizzler so you guys can just let me know when you will be around(once you've decided)

Tum-tee-tum
    Well yes, I am counting down to. Spent the day at the Bike park on the French / Spain border. Great...

At least there will be a few of us there...

Win the Super 14 and its gone to the Japies heads..... As long as Australia is not in the World Cup final... England are a joke.. Just those dam Frenchy's we need to watch out for. Unknown quantity.....

Come on punters, get your names down for this trip...

trail fairy
    Ya kidding right, we played our 5,6,7th locks ya blasted us off the ball we took it like men laughed in the Japies faces of foul dirte tactics and still kicked ya arse in your country and we played as bad as we could do, we can only get better and if ya think where going to show all our cards now then u guys are really in trouble.

Plus we play well in France, Japies have become a home team and don't travel well from home esspecially for that amount of time away from home, Kiwis love to travel we don't mind so much.

Still I love to see an AB/Springbok or France final the rest are just there for the ride, England don't have a hope probably be lucky to get a 1/4 final

Go the ABs world domination is ours again

ta
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Ya kidding right, we played our 5,6,7th locks ya blasted us off the ball we took it like men laughed in the Japies faces of foul dirte tactics and still kicked ya arse in your country and we played as bad as we could do, we can only get better and if ya think where going to show all our cards now then u guys are really in trouble.

Plus we play well in France, Japies have become a home team and don't travel well from home esspecially for that amount of time away from home, Kiwis love to travel we don't mind so much.

Still I love to see an AB/Springbok or France final the rest are just there for the ride, England don't have a hope probably be lucky to get a 1/4 final

ta
    yeah ha, go the AllBlacks.....................No pongoes or aussies in the final.... we need to watch those dam frenchies though...... AB's over Sprinboks by 12 points in the final..

I rode 'Whistler XC'

ta
    Hey TA....relax man. I'm just giving Whafe a bit of lip. I'm hardly a dedicated rugby follower but I'm well aware of where the Springboks rank in world rugby. What I do know is that we are on the up after a loooooooooooooooonnnnnnnng slump and that makes me happy

As Whafe says....it's all good!

Wish us luck.....God knows we need it
    If I wanted your opinion I'd give it to you

trail fairy
    Mint

Yeah love a good tickle up between the Boks and ABs all good bro gets the passion flowing
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

"Its All Good"
    Mint

Yeah love a good tickle up between the Boks and ABs all good bro gets the passion flowing
    For sure bro, gotta be a Boks, AB final.....

mtbr member
    I am confirmed to go. Should be able to take the whole week off. More flexible than I previously thought. Would be cool to hook up with you all in Seattle for the drive up. Have a truck that can haul bikes, people and gear (full size toyota). Not sure what to do for lodging though. Honestly haven't really looked into anything. Any of you got a couch available?
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa

mtbr member
    I should be able to meet people in Seattle on Sun 29th or Mon 30th. I can shuttle if needed. Are we going to ride locally (Seattle) Mon, then BC-North Shore Tuesday, Whistler Wednesday? Lets firm up the first few rides if possible. Also maybe a time and place to meet in Whistler on Wednesday AM for breakfast or something? (and maybe more than a few beers Wed night!!). Might be a good idea to think about alternating XC-Whistler days. But honestly, you will probably want to just ride whistler everyday!! Only problem is hand fatigue for me (maybe I need hydraulics?, or maybe just ride faster??)
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhfreethought
    I should be able to meet people in Seattle on Sun 29th or Mon 30th. I can shuttle if needed. Are we going to ride locally (Seattle) Mon, then BC-North Shore Tuesday, Whistler Wednesday? Lets firm up the first few rides if possible. Also maybe a time and place to meet in Whistler on Wednesday AM for breakfast or something? (and maybe more than a few beers Wed night!!). Might be a good idea to think about alternating XC-Whistler days. But honestly, you will probably want to just ride whistler everyday!! Only problem is hand fatigue for me (maybe I need hydraulics?, or maybe just ride faster??)
    rdhfreethought - at this point the meeting and riding in Seattle towards Whistler so to speak as been abandoned.... For the reason of not enough names etc....

Do hope you can join us on Sunday, which will be a XC - FR ride

See this thread which gives names etc and where to meet, which is on Sunday morning 10AM in Whistler...

"What Gives" Titus Gr Ride 28July / 4 Aug Whistler

Just roll it......

Quick Update

So, I've got several rides in with the Titus fellas this week. Everyone is holding up great and it's cool to hook up with these guys.

Minty had a rear tire blow up on him and RDHFree's front wheel taco'd on him the other day, but they're back up and running. We hit the park yesterday and we took them down some of the tech trails up top. Whafe and I stayed in the afternoon and hooked up with Err (and his better half) and Bigwavedaveshome (another SLC guy) for evening shredding in the park. We rode 'til about 8 and then headed for beers and grub. Whafe was absolutely shredding the stuff up top on his 2nd and 3rd time down the trails.

Minty, RDHFree, Endo Often, FM and our local buddy Zane did an evening xc ride on Jaws and Billy Epic. We met at Citta's for beers on the patio later and they were all buzzing from the ride. Jaws is an arse on the rear tire type of ride and it sounded like they all totally dug it. Sounds like Minty took a couple of tumbles, but he didn't look worse for the wear and couldn't pull the smile off of his face. Minty's gonna head back to South Africa with a new set of skills......

The guys are hitting the park first thing and then they are going to drive to Vancouver for some shore riding on Fromme. I'm still not sure if I'm joining them or not due to work, but I will if I can.

Sorry for no pics, fellas, I'm 90% sure I left the cord for my camera at home.

Cheers,
    EB

searcher
    Thanks for the report! Wish I could be there!
    Kovi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast