View Poll Results: Are you keen to commit? If so, when date wise?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mid October, Fruita first, Moab second

4 28.57%
  • Mid October, Moab first, Fruita second

3 21.43%
  • End October, Fruita first, Moab second

1 7.14%
  • End October, Moab First, Fruita second

2 14.29%
  • Into November, Fruita first, Moab second

3 21.43%
  • Into November, Moab first, Fruita second

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    "Its All Good"

Good job! Titus Group Ride Get Together..

Hi All

A little more on the topic of getting together for getting muliple Titus's together to put some faces to names etc...........

Most common thoughts are to ride Fruita & Moab.....

It has been made clear, it is far better to fly into Salt Lake City, easy to get out of the city and on ya way from the airport...

There is some good interest from us across the pond from US of A in many countries. For us to make the committment, it would depend on how many folk from the US of A would be keen. So please let the Titus group know.

Also the timing, we need to make a concensus when is best, it is no problem to ride in the beginning of November.

Also, to ride Fruita first or Moab first.

Please give your thoughts in the pole..................

This could come to fruition easily if indeed some people put up there hand and make the committment................. Its not that hard, its not to a woman or man, just to your bike and some riding buddies.................BUT,there is indeed times when this would not be possible for many reasons.
    Last edited by Whafe; 07-30-2006 at 09:05 AM.
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

thats right living legend
    I would love to meet each and every one of you guy's, and also ride some of my dream spots out west. But for me right now it would pretty much be the trip of a lifetime. I've never even been out west before.

So it would just be a question of time and money, and make no mistake it would really be a huge deal in my case. I've not been much of a globe trotter, though not for lack of want.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    I would love to meet each and every one of you guy's, and also ride some of my dream spots out west. But for me right now it would pretty much be the trip of a lifetime. I've never even been out west before.

So it would just be a question of time and money, and make no mistake it would really be a huge deal in my case. I've not been much of a globe trotter, though not for lack of want.
    Dude, would be a trip of a lifetime for me also. Travel, I travel too much, have spent the last 3 years doing around 250 to 300 flights per year..................

You like me have more than likely seen these areas constantly on mtb sites and this forum. I aint dying till I have seen and ridden this place..............

Will take huge effort all around, but it would be so so rewarding....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Where is weekend around Oct 9 option?

"Its All Good"

More info

Some more vitals.

Salt Lake City to Fruita: 227.6 miles (366.29 km) 3 4 Hour Drive, Simple drive

Denver to Fruita: 280 miles. 5+ hour drive, not a simple drive if weather is poop

Fruita to Moab: 100 miles. 1.5 hours max

Moab to Salt Lake City: 234 miles, 3.5 hours

http://fruita.peterbeers.net/

http://www.discovermoab.com/biking.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Braids
    Where is weekend around Oct 9 option?
    Well considering the 9th is my birthday.............Nah, I mean that can be mod October, am wanting to gauge things.............It will take help from all to get this sorted... Wanted to get arough idea first on best times

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I am not sure if this was discussed, but what about spring? This way people have plenty of time to get the trip on their calendar. Although October is three months away, it does not leave alot of time for planning this trip. Any thoughts?

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by JTBAZ
    I am not sure if this was discussed, but what about spring? This way people have plenty of time to get the trip on their calendar. Although October is three months away, it does not leave alot of time for planning this trip. Any thoughts?
    I am open to many ideas, for me, just want to get something organised. Then for me it is there to look forward to.............. It seems many are keen, lets see what comments and thoughts come back. It needs to be a concensus for sure.......................

Quote Originally Posted by JTBAZ

Hmmm?

"Its All Good"
    Hmmm?
    dude, make a comment, need more than mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'd be up for this also; I have been dying to get out west and have been drooling over the pictures in the passion forum for far too long.

Well?

Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    dude, make a comment, need more than mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

The part of me that just wants to go, says spring would give me more of a chance. But the part that just wants to go now, say's Oct Nov...

I'm going riding, and I'll have given it more thought when I get back...

"Its All Good"
    The part of me that just wants to go, says spring would give me more of a chance. But the part that just wants to go now, say's Oct Nov...

Cool, will await your thoughts. all good. Have a great ride, am already on Sunday evening you see.. Later

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by PointBoy
    I'd be up for this also; I have been dying to get out west and have been drooling over the pictures in the passion forum for far too long.
    Yeah ha, great to hear, glad I am not the only one whom drools.............. As I said, I aint dying till I haev ridden there for sure.

I rode 'Whistler XC'

Whafe....you've started something here!

I've been wanting to ride in the states forever. Dying to go to Oregen though. Been putting it off for a year or three.
    Now I'm thinking maybe this is the time for me to do it.

I could join you guys for Moab and Fruita and then head out to the other areas I'm considering from there.

Depends though, cos when it's winter and a good time to ride Moab and Fruita, I've heard its not the best time to ride Oregen....too cold.

Anybody in the states wanna share their thoughts regarding the weather issue for me?

I must say though that later would definitely suite me better than sooner!
    If I wanted your opinion I'd give it to you

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Well considering the 9th is my birthday.............Nah, I mean that can be mod October, am wanting to gauge things.............It will take help from all to get this sorted... Wanted to get arough idea first on best times
    Happy belated and future birthday.

I actually meant is October 9 considered mid-October? I actually consider it begining of October but if you consider it mid-October I would vote for mid-October.

searcher

I feel exactly the same! And I also have the same opinions with Whafe about the "ain't dying til riding it" staff.
    For the spring it is 90 % for me, October , or November, 60%.
    Kovi

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by kovi
    I feel exactly the same! And I also have the same opinions with Whafe about the "ain't dying til riding it" staff.
    For the spring it is 90 % for me, October , or November, 60%.
    Sorry, Braids, [I] know 9th is not really mid, but sayign it can make that slot for the puposes of this exercise.

I am going to try and go in late Oct/Nov either way, if it is Spring we go, it is Spring.

Lets see how the thread pans out this week, Sunday is not a great day to catch the riders.

I want to be sitting on some red rocks of Moab, not this rock in Spain..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bike to the Bone...
    Envy envy envy.... I'd like to go soooo much. But I think it's hard for the schedules....

Gravity Tester
    I already have a Vegas / St. George / Gooseberry / Zion trip planned for mid October. There's not enough money or vacation time left to manage either another, or an extended trip. Spring would suit me better, but I understand the "do it soon" excitement.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by MintSauce
    I've been wanting to ride in the states forever. Dying to go to Oregen though. Been putting it off for a year or three.
    Now I'm thinking maybe this is the time for me to do it.

I could join you guys for Moab and Fruita and then head out to the other areas I'm considering from there.

Depends though, cos when it's winter and a good time to ride Moab and Fruita, I've heard its not the best time to ride Oregen....too cold.

Anybody in the states wanna share their thoughts regarding the weather issue for me?

I must say though that later would definitely suite me better than sooner!
    I like it, it seems we have more keen whom live out side of the US of A than those dudes living in the USA...............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm come on guys...

FM
    luxatio erecta
    I'd throw in a vote for Sedona / Flagstaff area. Much more diverse than moab: Sedona has fast hardpack XC trails and slickrock, better scenery than Moab, and endless ride options. Flagstaff is like :40 away and has high-dessert forest riding- big vert, pine and ponderosa trees, rock gardens, and great views. Flagstaff also offers lots of affordable food and lodging options.

I'm maybe- make the plans and I'll see if I can make it- I'd love to!

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    I'd throw in a vote for Sedona / Flagstaff area. Much more diverse than moab: Sedona has fast hardpack XC trails and slickrock, better scenery than Moab, and endless ride options. Flagstaff is like :40 away and has high-dessert forest riding- big vert, pine and ponderosa trees, rock gardens, and great views. Flagstaff also offers lots of affordable food and lodging options.

Sounds good FM, pleasee give us some info on Flagstaff, how far from Fruita?

Any pics etc of Flagstaff.

Would be sh!t hot if you could make it. As soon as we get some committment from a few of you fellas, the long distance away cats like me will committ

Quote Originally Posted by FM

I'll try , and go when and where ever my idol FM goes...

I'll try , and go when and where ever my idol FM goes...

The ony thing is, except for the vista's I've heard Slick Rock can get old, and it seems to me that might make sense about that place. And if I were to fly, to what amounts for me the moon, I'd want to ride the real $hit where a FS bike is really gonna come in handy.

I'ts all good, but if I want smooth trails that could be "comfertably" run on a HT, I can just walk out my front door...

Not that everyone owns a FS bike, and like I said it's all good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast