Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2006

Titus FTM Carbon - Size headset?

I've just ordered at FTM Carbon, and are not sure what headset size to get.

Would the Chris King Inset 1,5 with 44mm upper and 56mm lower cups fit?

If so, would the Cane Creek AngleSet ZS44 | ZS56 also fit? I know fitting the angleset would most probably void the frame warranty, but I'd like to have the option to fit one if I decide to go for the angleset.

Hueston Woods Trail Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilsern

If so, would the Cane Creek AngleSet ZS44 | ZS56 also fit? I know fitting the angleset would most probably void the frame warranty, but I'd like to have the option to fit one if I decide to go for the angleset.
    Kansje jeg kan hjelpe deg. Skrive til bob@bikerbob.com
    Vi snakkes.
    Bob

Dozer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerbob.com
    Kansje jeg kan hjelpe deg. Skrive til bob@bikerbob.com
    Vi snakkes.
    Bob
    Bob speaks Norwegian? Whoa...

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

The carbon FTM takes a tapered integrated 42mm top bearing and standard 1.5incn or 52mm bearing for the bottom.

http://www.canecreek.com/headset-fit-finder

Use this headset finder from Cane Creek to know exactly what parts it from them.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    given that it has an integrated top cup, it looks like the angleset won't be an option.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sclyde2
    given that it has an integrated top cup, it looks like the angleset won't be an option.
    That is correct.

mtbr member

Angleset...

Angleset no, but HAS would do the job.

It seems like Bob speaks danish rather than norwegian....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Titus FTM Carbon - Size headset?-44-52i.jpg  

A different angle on bikes:
    www.ofanaim.net/has.html

Hueston Woods Trail Crew
    Mostly Norwegian. I can understand Danish, but hard to pronounce.

mtbr member
    Sorry Bob,
    I read it and it is written just like you would have written it in Danish...

Does that mean I can read norwegian??
    www.ofanaim.net/has.html

Hueston Woods Trail Crew
    Jeg er ikke sikkert om det.

Men gratulerer hvis du leser Norsk.

mtbr member
    Hvis jeg fosta hvad du skriver, betyder det jeg fosta Norsk?
    www.ofanaim.net/has.html

Hueston Woods Trail Crew
    Skide godt

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Meget bra Saar og Bob! Dansk og Norsk er ganske likt lese/skrive.

Saar has given me an option of having a custom made headset, so I can slacken my headangle by 2 degrees at the most, but I'm gonna go with a 1,25 or 1,5 degrees slack. Saar realy helpful and amazingly quick to reply :-)

On-one in UK has given me a reply on the correct headset size for all Titus models, and TitusBen, it confirms both your and Bobs size-suggestion.

Here is the On-one reply

This is an update of Peters list from Cane creek Headsets using the SHIS system

http://canecreek.com/docs/Standardiz...ion_System.pdf

It is easier for the customer to use the Cane Creek Headset finder as Titus Frames have been updated on the CC site.

This allows the customer to chose a tapered fork or not. Tapered headsets cause confusion

http://canecreek.com/headset-fit-finder

SHIS Cane Creek ID for Titus headsets

EC = External Cup

ZS = Zero Stack

IS = Intergrated

Carbon Frames

Rockstar Carbon:

Integrated 42mm top / Integrated 52.1mm bottom

Cancreek SHIS Code= IS42 / IS52

FTM Carbon:

Integrated 42mm top / Integrated 52.1mm bottom

Cancreek SHIS Code= IS42 / IS52

X Carbon: Integrated 42mm top / Integrated 42mm bottom

Cancreek SHIS Code= IS42 / IS42

Alloy Bikes:

Rockstar: Zerostack 44mm top / 49.61mm International standard bottom

Cancreek SHIS Code= ZS44 / EC49

FTM: Zerostack 44mm top / 49.61mm International standard bottom

Cancreek SHIS Code= ZS44 / EC49

X: Standard 33.95mm top/bottom

Cancreek SHIS Code= EC34 / EC34
    Last edited by Nilsern; 05-03-2011 at 03:05 AM.

Hueston Woods Trail Crew
    Kjempe fint.
    This post is a keeper.

Vi snakkes.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quick question - would this work?

cane creek 1 1/8 110 headset (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=28509)

with the cane creek 1.5 lower assembly from pricepoint (http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/211...t-Assembly.htm) ?

If so, which one of these lower components would I select from the pricepoint page? Here is a description of each:

XXc II Bottom Assembly (HSS2420K)- This fits frames with a traditional (NOT "integrated," "Zero Stack" or "Internal") 1.5" head tube and has a special design that allows the use of a fork with a 1 1/8 steerer tube. It will NOT fit a fork with a 1.5" steerer tube. The cup is made from heavy duty 7075 T-6 aluminum and has a stack height of 11.7mm. This kit includes: bottom cup, 1.5" split lip black oxide bearing, XXc II 1.5" 1 1/8" crown race with integrated seal. Total in-house measured weight for everything is 106g.

XXc II Flush Bottom Assembly (HSS24030)- This fits frames with a traditional (NOT "integrated" "Zero Stack" or "Internal") 1.5" head tube and has a special design that allows the use of a fork with a 1 1/8" steerer tube. It will NOT fit a fork with a 1.5" steerer tube. Unlike the XXc II, the Flush model fits virtually flush inside the head tube. The result is a very low stack height of only 3.2mm. This hit includes: bottom cup, 1 1/8" angular contact bearing with black oxide steel balls, and an S-Series crown race with seal. Total in-house measured weight for everything is 53g.

XX II Bottom Assembly (HSS2400K)- This fits frames with a traditional (NOT "integrated" "Zero Stack" or "Internal") 1.5" head tube and is designed for forks with a 1.5" steerer tube at the crown. It will NOT fit a standard 1 1/8" fork. The cup is made from heavy duty 7075 T-6 aluminum and has a stack height of 11.7mm. This kit includes: Bottom cup, split lip black oxide bearing, and 1.5" crown race with integrated seal. Total in-house measured weight for everything is 85g.

XX II ZS Bottom Assembly (HSS2450K)- This is for frames that take a 1.5" Zero Stack or "semi integrated" lower cup. This cup fits 1.5" or 1.5" tapered forks. It will NOT fit a 1 1/8 fork. The angular contact bearing is fully sealed and is loaded with black oxide steel balls. Total stack height is 3.2mm. This kit includes: bottom cup, 1.5" angular contact bearing and 1.5" crown race with integrated seal. Total in-house measured weight for everything is 57g.

XXc II ZS Bottom Assembly (HSS2451K)- This is for frames that take a 1.5 Zero Stack or "semi integrated" lower cup and has a special design that allows the use of a 1 1/8 steerer tube. It will NOT fit a fork with a 1.5" steerer tube. The angular contact bearing is fully sealed and is loaded with black oxide steel balls. Total stack height is 3.2mm. This kit includes: bottom cup, 1.5" angular contact bearing and 1.5" 1 1/8" crown race with integrated seal. Total in-house measured weight for everything is 78g.

1 1/4" IS Bottom Assembly (HSS2462K)- This is for frames with tapered head tubes that use an internal headset (referred to as IS or "integrated") that has a 1 1/4" (1.25") lower cup. This will only fit forks with a 1 1/4" steerer tube at the crown. It will NOT fit standard 1 1/8" forks. This kit includes: Sealed angular contact bearing with black oxide steel balls and a 1 1/4" alloy crown race with integrated seal. Total in-house measured weight for everything is 35g.

1.5" IS Bottom Assembly (HSS2460K)- This is for frames with tapered head tubes that use an internal headset (referred to as IS or "integrated") that has a 1.5" lower cup. This will only fit forks with a 1.5" steerer tube at the crown. It will NOT fit standard 1 1/8" forks. This kit includes: Sealed angular contact bearing with black oxide steel balls and a 1.5" alloy crown race with integrated seal. Total in-house measured weight for everything is 40g.
    Thanks!!!!!!

/gc

mtbr member
    No It wont fit, You need to find an integrated headset 34mm / 52mm (upper / lower)
    www.ofanaim.net/has.html

The Cheater
    X Carbon: Integrated 42mm top / Integrated 42mm bottom
    Cancreek SHIS Code= IS42 / IS42
    This is really confusing. This is the result I got for X Carbon 2010:

Top Headset:
    SHIS:ZS44 - 1-1/8" ZeroStack (ZS) Threadless
    Bottom Headset:
    SHIS:ZS56/30 - 1.5" ZeroStack (ZS) to 1-1/8" Conversion

For a X Carbon 2011 which I believe is the same exact frame is:

SHIS:IS42/28.6|IS42/30 (1-1/8" Italian Integrated IS Standard)

So which is the right one? What specific Cane Creek model is guaranteed to work when using a Fox F100 RLC + X Carbon 2010 that they're selling on the Titus website?
    Titux X Carbon 2010 race 9.93kg
    Titux X 2009 "Deore 2012" training 11.55kg

mtbr member
    2010 and 2011 frames are different.
    2010 frame is "matching zerostack" - 44mm / 56mm ID Tapered headtube
    2011 frame is fully integrated design - 42mm / 52mm ID Tapered headtube

you need a "zerostack 1.5" bottom with 30mm crown race and a 1-1/8" zerostack top.

I have already designed and manufactured a HAS (www.ofanaim.net/has.html) for the 2010 style headtube.
    www.ofanaim.net/has.html

The Cheater
    This is the 2010 model being sold on their site. So the 2011 looks exactly the same but with a different headtube?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    This is like pulling teeth. Either I'm shopping the wrong sites or these are some elusive headsets. I can't seem to find exact measurements of the headsets at the online bike ships I've been shopping at. Could someone please post some links to the exact headset needed for the 2010 FTM carbon (online bike shops)?

thanks!
    /g

Hueston Woods Trail Crew
    Did you read all the info in this thread?

I have them here (Cane Creek 40 series) if you can't find them online.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Veda
    This is the 2010 model being sold on their site. So the 2011 looks exactly the same but with a different headtube?
    That is the current X Carbon (Not the FTM Carbon). It uses a straight steerer fork and an integrated 1-18" headset.

For the FTM Carbon (tapered head tube) use an IS 1-1/8" top (integrated) and an IS 1.5" bottom (integrated). Different companies have different options for the bottom for straight or tapered forks.

Yes, the headset "standards" have been very confusing. it is going to be easier as more companies (and e-tailers) adopt the SHIS designations. Details here: http://bicycleheadsets.com
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

The Cheater
    Shiggy, so would the Cane Creek 40IS42 work on the Carbon X? Ben recommended the FSA Orbit CF which is for 46 OD headtube.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Veda
    Shiggy, so would the Cane Creek 40IS42 work on the Carbon X? Ben recommended the FSA Orbit CF which is for 46 OD headtube.
    I ask Ben for the info myself.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Hueston Woods Trail Crew
    I've got the FSA ORBIT CE,1-1/8,WHITE 74G,INTEGRATED,CAMPY
    that fits. $35.

And the white top looks good on the white X.

Email me if you want one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast