mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Titus FTM Carbon frameset

Hey

So I don't know why there's only 4 or 5 threads in the Titus forum.....but does anyone know if Titus is still in business?

I'm interested in buying the FTM Carbon frameset, but can't find the product on Titus' site or On-One.
    Anyone know if Titus still exists, and/or that specific frame?

And where the heck did all the threads go in the Titus forum?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisingrassia View Post
    Hey

So I don't know why there's only 4 or 5 threads in the Titus forum.....but does anyone know if Titus is still in business?

I'm interested in buying the FTM Carbon frameset, but can't find the product on Titus' site or On-One.

And where the heck did all the threads go in the Titus forum?
    Well, the threads are low because most people with Titus bikes are ridding them or have moved on to other bike brands. In regards to why you can't seem to find any titus bikes for sale on the planet-X web-site, that is a really good question. If you are a direct to customer bike dealer, it is an odd way to run a business!
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    Well, the threads are low because most people with Titus bikes are ridding them or have moved on to other bike brands. In regards to why you can't seem to find any titus bikes for sale on the planet-X web-site, that is a really good question. If you are a direct to customer bike dealer, it is an odd way to run a business!
    The main "MTB Manufacturer Forums" page says the Titus area should have 6,444 threads in it. Then you click on TITUS....and there are five. >_<

They get archived or something? Even if people are out riding their Titus or move to another brand, the threads shouldn't go away. Isn't that the point of the forums? To have information for a very long time?

Yes, bummed about Titus' site offering. Was really looking to grab an FTM Carbon frame, but can't find it anywhere through them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I just called Titus, they have no FTM frames in stock any longer. No plans to make them anymore either.

Not sure if this is a sign of what's to come....

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    the only frame i found listed on the Titus & On-One sites was the 29 Guapo. attempt to buy it through On-One says it's unavailable, leaving zero Titus frames.
    pretty much looks like they're done, gone.
    no great surprise

rechecked the site. they've got larges, no med. didn't check smalls
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Per my email exchange with Brandon a cpl weeks ago when i inquired about a new 2015 el guapo his reply was they will not be producing them any longer and instead focusing their attention on long travel bikes for the future.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    Per my email exchange with Brandon a cpl weeks ago when i inquired about a new 2015 el guapo his reply was they will not be producing them any longer and instead focusing their attention on long travel bikes for the future.
    As in freeride/DH rigs? That would suck.

I was hoping for a refined carbon EG!! =)

mtbr member
    May 2012

I sent you a P.M.

mtbr member
    The main "MTB Manufacturer Forums" page says the Titus area should have 6,444 threads in it. Then you click on TITUS....and there are five. >_<

They get archived or something? Even if people are out riding their Titus or move to another brand, the threads shouldn't go away. Isn't that the point of the forums? To have information for a very long time?

Yes, bummed about Titus' site offering. Was really looking to grab an FTM Carbon frame, but can't find it anywhere through them.
    Sorry, I was confused. I actually see pages and pages of threads, even the old ones. If you are only seeing 5, could it be your settings? Check to see that you want to see all threads, not just those from the last month.

I think the Titus name is finally cooked. Now, the bike company that was Titus is still alive and well. It is also still found in Arizona.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I'll be damned. You were right. My settings changed to just show threads within the month. That is so weird, thx for the tip.

I'd love a carbon El Guapo (hint hint)

mtbr member
    I'll be damned. You were right. My settings changed to just show threads within the month. That is so weird, thx for the tip.

I'd love a carbon El Guapo (hint hint)
    Glad to help!

I do think On-one dropped the ball with Titus. A carbon, HL version of a Codeine would be a killer. Price the frame at $1200 and they would sell like hot-cakes.

Too bad that Canyon or YT don't sell bikes in the USA.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Thoughts on building up a Lg FTMc with XX1 and a travel adjust fork? I'm not a hardcore DH ripper, I'd like something that can do the climb, do the descent, as well as the 12-miler singletrack along the river. Want it to be nice and light.

mtbr member
    Honestly, the FTM and the ML were great bikes but required careful gear selection and a good pedal stroke. The anti-squat numbers are not very good and you will see constant movement of the linkage. If you let it, it will drive you insane. As a climbing bike, the EG was actually a much more efficient design.

With that said, if you get the bike at a good price and can get the shock pushed, it can give a great ride.

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-08-14 at 8.34.38 AM.png
Views: 78
Size:  66.2 KB

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    Honestly, the FTM and the ML were great bikes but required careful gear selection and a good pedal stroke. The anti-squat numbers are not very good and you will see constant movement of the linkage. If you let it, it will drive you insane. As a climbing bike, the EG was actually a much more efficient design.

With that said, if you get the bike at a good price and can get the shock pushed, it can give a great ride.

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-08-14 at 8.34.38 AM.png
Views: 78
Size:  66.2 KB
    I have absolutely zero idea what that chart means.

I have a shot for a 2011 FTMc with XTR everything for 2250. I just can't decide if the deal is ripe enough to pull the trigger based on Titus' standing. It's got hanger issues, rocker issues, anti-squat issues.....maybe these are things I'll never have a problem with, but still.

I had an El Guapo that I built my first time around, and that thing sucked at climbing and was heavy as $hit.