mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Titus Eleven Question-QR and Avid Juicy Brakes

I need some help. I have two questions:

Is anyone who is running this SS not using tugnuts? I am using a quick release setup and would like to not have both surly tugnuts on. Anyone just running one? Or non at all?

Brakes are another major issue.

I am trying to use Avid Juicy's with no luck at all. The frame side of the pads rub the disc badly. Has anyone had this problem? Did you sand down the adapter to make it sit closer to the frame? Am I missing something?

Frustrating…
    I ride a singlespeed because it's harder.

Ti is addictive
    Did you face the disc tabs yet? This will help bring the adapter a bit closer to the frame.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

TI facing?

Is it even possible to face the disc tabs of a TI unpainted frame?
    I ride a singlespeed because it's harder.

Ti is addictive
    Yes, but you'll owe the shop a new bit or a flat of beer to do it........., I had Chad face my tabs with my Eleven before he shipped it to me, no issues with the Avid Ultimates, and Magura's would have worked if not for a different issue.

If in doubt phone Titus and ask for EJ or Mathius.......Giving a name of someone to talk to will get you answers a lot faster then Email and get you someone who knows right off the bat the answer.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

N8!
    mtbr member
    i run a single tug nut on the drive side.

My bike came with Avid mech's which i replace with Hopes hyrdos. both worked fine with no rubbing...

contact my bike's builder on this site, his user name is benwitt11

Master of None
    Check the body of the caliper, look down the edge of the rotor where it passes through the caliper body. There should be equal distance from the rotor to the metal body on each side. If not, loosen the bolts fixing the caliper to the adapter and see if they are all the way up against the edge of the hole. If they are you'll need to do something to get some more range of motion, like cut down the adapter, add some shims, face the frame mounts, etc.

The pads might not be centered in the caliper but that is pretty easy to fix. Just put the red shipping inserts inbetween the pads and squeeze the brake a few times. This should center them pretty well.

The flatness of the frame mounts doesn't matter so much because the Avid brakes have their CPS system which allows the caliper to float and self align.

I have cut down Avid adapters, added shims, etc. with success.